I've got a chart where one value (8,300) greatly exceeds all the others.  Is
there a way to abbreviate this value so the other data points show better in
the graph?
0
CMEknit (2)

Hi,

One way is to break the Y axis, have a look at these examples of how to

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/tutorial/index.html
http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Thank you so much ... this is exactly what I need.

Chris

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One way is to break the Y axis, have a look at these examples of how to
>
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html
> http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/tutorial/index.html
> http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> CMEknit wrote:
> > I've got a chart where one value (8,300) greatly exceeds all the others.  Is
> > there a way to abbreviate this value so the other data points show better in
> > the graph?
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
CMEknit (2)

can't send or receive emails

Access 97 can't resize database window

if cell is text move left one column

How can I get 32-bit Integers?

Time Series
I have about 30000 lines of data that looks like so: Time Count 93000 447 93001 1020 93002 1438 93003 2177 93004 3042 93005 3467 93006 2913 93007 3341 93008 3547 93009 2908 93010 3512 93011 4090 Where ColA is time. I am having trouble creating a graph with time on the x-axis and count on the y-axis. Thank you in advance. You need to make an XY chart But with 30,000 data points you could run into trouble; Help says you can 32,000 data points in a single data series. However, if you want markers it will look like heck. You could limit the data like this: assume y-values in B2:B30001 in ...

Can you delete Business Alerts?

Office 2007 forms

rounding up values
Has anyone done round up of values to the nearest dollar.For example I want to give a 10% of the price to my customers but if the result is other than .00 then I wanted to round up to the nearest dollar amount.My calculation using sql has been price * percent and then subtract the value from the price, then what do I need to do to roundit up??Thanks for your suggestion.Also I have a problem with my customers that I am extracting and the query does return all the values from 2004 and 2006 that are equal except for the price I have given them, how do I get only the latest ones in 2006 and not th...

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Data migration - Adventure Works

Why ClassWiard can't see my Class?
I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(Class-B) which derived from CWnd class. When I used mouse right-click on the new-created class, it shows a popup-command-menu which missing "add virtual function" and "add windows message handler". From ClassWizard I couldn't see the new-created class either. I tried to delete myprogram.clw & re-issue ClassWizard, but it doesn't help. Anyone can help ? Thanks, Eagle "EagleChen" <xx@xx> wrote in message news:uRGde941DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(C...

Publisher can not save file