Bubble Charts - Different Shapes

Does anyone know if the bubble chart default shape of circle can be
modified to other shapes (i.e. triangle, square)?

The flexibility to present different shapes could be useful when
presenting two series on the same chart.  For example, one series could
be the default circle, another a triangle.

I have seen this capability in other applications with advanced
charting capabilities.

I am using Excel 2003.

Regards,
Joel

0
soroosj (5)

Hi,

Yes you can change the shape. To do so you need to use a custom marker.
Create a shape using the autoshapes menu. Format the shape in terms of
colour and border. Copy the shape using CTRL+C. Select the data series
in the bubble chart you want to change. CTRL+V to paste the shape.

Here is an explanation using pie charts as the custom marker but you
should get the idea.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/piedatamarkers.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomMarkers.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Andy Pope wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes you can change the shape. To do so you need to use a custom marker.
> Create a shape using the autoshapes menu. Format the shape in terms of
> colour and border. Copy the shape using CTRL+C. Select the data series
> in the bubble chart you want to change. CTRL+V to paste the shape.
>
> Here is an explanation using pie charts as the custom marker but you
> should get the idea.
> http://www.andypope.info/charts/piedatamarkers.htm
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> soroosj@swbell.net wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if the bubble chart default shape of circle can be
>> modified to other shapes (i.e. triangle, square)?
>>
>> The flexibility to present different shapes could be useful when
>> presenting two series on the same chart.  For example, one series could
>> be the default circle, another a triangle.
>>
>> I have seen this capability in other applications with advanced
>> charting capabilities.
>>
>> I am using Excel 2003.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Joel

Thanks!  This works perfectly.  I did not think possible.

0
soroosj (5)