Best way to create a chart w/ xy axis, quartile circles and point plots?

I am looking to create a chart with an x-y axis where each quadrant
represents a different category (to receive a rating). There should be
four concentric circles representing the quartiles (so the
circles/borders would represent 25%, 50%, 75% 100%). I have a chart that
calculates provider ratings for each category and in what quartile (what
exact %) they fall. I want to put this all together to get an overall
picture, but am unsure of the most direct/easiest way to do so.

I have attached an image I drew that is basically what I am looking to
create in an Excel chart- I'm happy to answer any questions if this is
unclear. Any help much appreciated!

|Filename: ChartExample1.jpg                                        |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=302|

Jennlax27iga0

On Friday, March 2, 2012 7:56:51 AM UTC+13, Jennlax27iga0 wrote:
> I am looking to create a chart with an x-y axis where each quadrant
> represents a different category (to receive a rating). There should be
> four concentric circles representing the quartiles (so the
> circles/borders would represent 25%, 50%, 75% 100%). I have a chart that
> calculates provider ratings for each category and in what quartile (what
> exact %) they fall. I want to put this all together to get an overall
> picture, but am unsure of the most direct/easiest way to do so.
>
> I have attached an image I drew that is basically what I am looking to
> create in an Excel chart- I'm happy to answer any questions if this is
> unclear. Any help much appreciated!

> |Filename: ChartExample1.jpg                                        |
> |Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=302|

> Jennlax27iga0

One way would be to make an image of the circles and Categories in a drawing program like Paint.Net and set it as the Format Plot Area - Fill.  Then set your axes to go through the middle of it.
 xt
On Friday, March 2, 2012 8:53:57 AM UTC+13, the.ch...@clear.net.nz wrote:
> [...]

> > exact %) they fall. I want to put this all together to get an overall
> > picture, but am unsure of the most direct/easiest way to do so.
> >
> > I have attached an image I drew that is basically what I am looking to
> > create in an Excel chart- I'm happy to answer any questions if this is
> > unclear. Any help much appreciated!
> >

> > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> > |Filename: ChartExample1.jpg                                        |
> > |Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=302|
> > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> >

> > --
> > Jennlax27iga0
>
> One way would be to make an image of the circles and Categories in a drawing program like Paint.Net and set it as the Format Plot Area - Fill.  Then set your axes to go through the middle of it.
I've put an example at http://www.mediafire.com/?6wmg88htqf9twjz using a polar chart I had hanging around  xt

How to select series in chart?

Problems with creating a newsletter

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Multiple stacked bar charts

transparent areas in charts?

printing 2 charts on single page

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Text box in Embedded chart is cut off
Hi. I am having a problem with an embedded chart that appears differently in word versus how it appeared originally in Excel. Specifically, the top of the chart (in excel) has a text box that divides the chart (it is a vertical bar graph) into subcategories (labels at the bottom are used to specify what each bar signifies; but these are taken from the associated cell range). Originally, the chart was labeled by a single text box, separated by spaces: Lifetime Use 30-Day Use Heavy Use Antisocial Behavior When this chart is linked in word, the text displays like this (tho&...

difference between 2 lines in a scatter chart
I have created a scatter chart with two lines. The x axis is divided up into 10 parts and labeled 10, 20, 30, 40, etc. What I want to do is calculate the distance between the two lines between the x values of 40 and 60. Does anyone know how to to that? Thank you in advance. -- prd02003 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ prd02003's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25762 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391727 How did you generate the lines? Are they from the data directly...

Chart help Hide Months
I have a data sheet that has historical data, I only want to chart 13 months instead of all the data. Is there a way to do this? hide em -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "lmossolle@nc.rr.com" <lmossollencrrcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEF19AB1-9092-4B52-868E-574232FC8AC0@microsoft.com... >I have a data sheet that has historical data, I only want to chart 13 >months > instead of all the data. Is there a way to do this? Hi, If your data increase each month have a look at Jon Peltier's example of dynamic na...

XML Mapping: Creating a "non-repeating schema element" in VS2005
Question regarding XML mapping in Excel. XML Mapping in Excel allows you to map "non-repeating schema elements" to an individual cell while "repeating schema elements" automatically get handled as an Excel "list". I want a table(XML/XSD) exported from a VS2005 dataset to be CELL mappable rather than LIST mappable. Is there a way to make Excel interpret the native dataset XML/XSD as non-repeating? Said differently, what makes a schema element "repeating" versus "non-repeating"? Is it a unique XPATH statement? If my underlying table has...