Best way to create a chart w/ xy axis, quartile circles and point plots?

I am looking to create a chart with an x-y axis where each quadrant
represents a different category (to receive a rating). There should be
four concentric circles representing the quartiles (so the
circles/borders would represent 25%, 50%, 75% 100%). I have a chart that
calculates provider ratings for each category and in what quartile (what
exact %) they fall. I want to put this all together to get an overall
picture, but am unsure of the most direct/easiest way to do so.

I have attached an image I drew that is basically what I am looking to
create in an Excel chart- I'm happy to answer any questions if this is
unclear. Any help much appreciated!

|Filename: ChartExample1.jpg                                        |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=302|

Jennlax27iga0

On Friday, March 2, 2012 7:56:51 AM UTC+13, Jennlax27iga0 wrote:
> I am looking to create a chart with an x-y axis where each quadrant
> represents a different category (to receive a rating). There should be
> four concentric circles representing the quartiles (so the
> circles/borders would represent 25%, 50%, 75% 100%). I have a chart that
> calculates provider ratings for each category and in what quartile (what
> exact %) they fall. I want to put this all together to get an overall
> picture, but am unsure of the most direct/easiest way to do so.
>
> I have attached an image I drew that is basically what I am looking to
> create in an Excel chart- I'm happy to answer any questions if this is
> unclear. Any help much appreciated!

> |Filename: ChartExample1.jpg                                        |
> |Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=302|

> Jennlax27iga0

One way would be to make an image of the circles and Categories in a drawing program like Paint.Net and set it as the Format Plot Area - Fill.  Then set your axes to go through the middle of it.
 xt
On Friday, March 2, 2012 8:53:57 AM UTC+13, the.ch...@clear.net.nz wrote:
> [...]

> > exact %) they fall. I want to put this all together to get an overall
> > picture, but am unsure of the most direct/easiest way to do so.
> >
> > I have attached an image I drew that is basically what I am looking to
> > create in an Excel chart- I'm happy to answer any questions if this is
> > unclear. Any help much appreciated!
> >

> > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> > |Filename: ChartExample1.jpg                                        |
> > |Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=302|
> > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> >

> > --
> > Jennlax27iga0
>
> One way would be to make an image of the circles and Categories in a drawing program like Paint.Net and set it as the Format Plot Area - Fill.  Then set your axes to go through the middle of it.
I've put an example at http://www.mediafire.com/?6wmg88htqf9twjz using a polar chart I had hanging around  xt

office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance ot T&C's each time
office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i open work or excell or any office program. How do I get rid of this? Boot into Safe mode in Windows 7,open any Office app and then accept the terms -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mouser830" <mouser830@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B7602D-F5D8-4559-98EF-A2CCC1E2D6FD@microsoft.com... > office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i op...

Has Anyone ever seen a chart like this?
Looking for some help. I need to know what this column chart is called? Or how to make it? 'CLick Here to View Chart' (http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=163585&anum=11244) I can't find any option in Excel to make this chart. Maybe it was not made in Excel? Or I need a specific plugin? -- TsunamiBob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TsunamiBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36202 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=559874 Hi, It...

charting newdata
Formula or VBA? I am trying to create a formula to assign a region to populate a chart. I know there is a way to use the OFFSET function to point ot a certain section of a data sheet, but what if i insert a line between the title and the data.(done programmactically)? the problem is that inserted lines do not automatically include into the data range for a chart. The data wants to be sorted from newest to oldest. Would it be easier to create a formula to assign a 'chart data area' or simply reassign the data area every time the table is updated Thanks for the input. ...

Creating a template using Publisher

Creating a worksheet in Spanish
Hello, Is there a way to create a worksheet on MS XP Pro running Office 2003 Pro all in Spanish? Thank You Kent Hansen Hi Kent All valid formulas -except the ones from the Analysis Toolpack- will automatically translate to the language of the Excel it's opened in. So any spanish speaking Excel will translate formulas to spanish, no matter which version it was written in. The rest, text constants and such, has to be typed or pasted. Excel will not translate this herself. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:ACCCBA3A-53B4...

Is there a way to convert OE 03 form templates?
I have a user that has upgraded from outlook 2003 to outlook 2007 and has a form template from 2003 that is in a FDM extension. Outlook 2007 is unable to read this form. Is there a way to convert this form, or will the user just have to create a new form with their new version of outlook? Any information appreciated. Thanks, -AllenK What happens when you try to install the form? Any error message? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

Link to Power Point
Hi, I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page. Upon clicking on the link the "Run/Save" window comes up. Is it possible to just have the Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up? If so, how? Thanks, -- Phil Posting a question 4 times isn't going to get you an answer any quicker. Try to be a bit more patient. Craig Phil wrote: >Hi, >I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page. Upon clicking on >the link the "Run/Save" window comes up. Is it possible to just have the >P...

How do I lock a chart so it will not update?
That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in Excel but not all the data cells are used. Everytimg I open the chart it wants to update and I want it to stay the same. Any ideas on how to lock the chart? Hi Just a few ideas: You could lock the cells that are shown in the chart. Or you could copy the cells and paste as values (assuming formulas were used that update when other cells change). -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Locking a Chart" wrote: > That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in ...

How can I reset the default pie chart label "Other" to "Equity"?
I show Cash, Equities, and Fixed Income in the large pie to the left. The equity slice is further split into large, medium, and small. The problem is that the Equity slice gets relabeled as "Other". When I manuallly change it back to Equity, I lose the ability to link to any new data...so I can't use the pie chart as a template that would allow me to put new data in the table and have the pie chart adjust automaticially. How can I reset the default pie chart label to "Equity"? or is there another solution. Instead of making pie charts (which are notor...

combining columns all the way down
I am trying to combine two columns of information in excel but th concatenate function doesnt seem to work for it. It may just be m ineptitude in excel but I just cant seem to figure this out. I have 3 colums Column A__________Column B___________Column C tree_______________ .jpg dog________________.gif House______________.png But I cant seem to be able to make it so that column C has tree.jpg an dog.gif and house.png Is concatenate the wrong thing to use here? or am I making my formula incorrectly -- sparkrom ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sparkro...

Outlook 2007: is there a way to use it as a Diary
I'd like to keep a daily journal of important notes, etc. In other words , I would like to keep a Diary. Does Outlook 2007 have this capability? TIA Sure - Ctrl+8 to view the journal or you can create a Mail and Post folder type and post to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH...

Chart Wizard #5
Does excel 2007 have a chart wizard? If so, how do I access it? The chart wizard no longer exists in Excel 2007, RIP. You create a chart using the various chart buttons on the Insert tab, then struggle through the three Chart Tools contextual tabs looking for the controls to set up the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Liberty" <Liberty @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C1186EF-4C15-4E3D-A642-D0EA334C1192@microsoft.com... > Does excel...

Easy dynamic chart.
Creating a dynamic chart is difficult, there should be a dynamic chart wizard that will create it with you. Also if my serie value is a name range, it would be nice to just right the Name range directly not with the complex formula. ='xyz.xlsx'!name range but just name range. xyz and name range is a fictive value. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Secondary Axis not crossing at zero
I have a chart with a primary and secondary axis. Values for the primary axis range from 0 to 260, values for the secondary axis range from -50% to 50%. I would like to have the zeros on both axis line up, so that the negative percentages on the secondary axis are clearly identifiable. I can't find a way to do it. In the default chart, the x axis crosses the primary y-axis at 0, but the 0 on the secondary y-axis is at approximately the same height as the value 50 on the primary axis. Please help! Astrid Right-click on an axis. Format Axis/ Scale. Alter the min and max values ...

Is there a way to test if a control exists on a userform?
I have a sub (ClearUserform) that is called by several userforms. Sometimes the control may not be on the userform passed to ClearUserform, thus I get an error. So I added the On Error Resume Next statement to quickly work around the error. Is there a way to test if the control exists on the userform passed to the sub. Sub MySub() Call ClearUserform(Userform1) End Sub Sub ClearUserform(MyForm As UserForm) On Error Resume Next MyForm.TextBox1 = "" ' i have other controls list here On Error GoTo 0 End Sub -- Cheers,...

Custumize Chart Tittle Description
How can I make the Chart Tittle to be equal to a specific cell located in one sheet. For example, I have a description on the cell "D10" located in the sheetname "Black" . I want this description to be the Chart Tittle because is a number that will change in the daily basic. I have been using this formula "=Black!D10"; however, is not working. Thanks in advance. Maperalia Click on the title, type =, and then click on D10 on Black. Or click on the title, and type =Black!$D$10 -- Rob Powered by Creative Laziness "Maperalia" wrote: > How can I...

Placing an Axis Break on the Y axis
I am using Excel 2007 and I have data that I need to display on one scatter plot. However, the initial value for one variable on the graph dwarfs the rest of the data. I want to insert a break in the y- axis for units. For example the y values from 5-20 are useless to my data. So I want to remove those values from the y-axis. If I could take them out it would show greater detail in the variation below 5. I know this is possible in other programs, but I would prefer to do all of my graphs in excel. Any help would be awesome. Thanks. Hi, Here are some examples of broken a axis, which sho...

Copy & Paste Chart
I can Copy & Paste an Excel Chart from one Workbook to another. However, another User, when copying an Excel chart, and Pasting into another Workbook, gets the Chart essentially as a "Snapshot" with "EMBED". Ideas??? TIA - Bob What's your question? You don't say what you're looking for. What does the formula bar say in parentheses after "EMBED"? You can copy the chart as a picture: hold Shift while selecting the Edit menu, choose Copy Picture, and choose the On Screen and Picture options. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutor...