Best way to create a chart w/ xy axis, quartile circles and point plots?

I am looking to create a chart with an x-y axis where each quadrant
represents a different category (to receive a rating). There should be
four concentric circles representing the quartiles (so the
circles/borders would represent 25%, 50%, 75% 100%). I have a chart that
calculates provider ratings for each category and in what quartile (what
exact %) they fall. I want to put this all together to get an overall
picture, but am unsure of the most direct/easiest way to do so.

I have attached an image I drew that is basically what I am looking to
create in an Excel chart- I'm happy to answer any questions if this is
unclear. Any help much appreciated!

|Filename: ChartExample1.jpg                                        |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=302|

Jennlax27iga0

On Friday, March 2, 2012 7:56:51 AM UTC+13, Jennlax27iga0 wrote:
> I am looking to create a chart with an x-y axis where each quadrant
> represents a different category (to receive a rating). There should be
> four concentric circles representing the quartiles (so the
> circles/borders would represent 25%, 50%, 75% 100%). I have a chart that
> calculates provider ratings for each category and in what quartile (what
> exact %) they fall. I want to put this all together to get an overall
> picture, but am unsure of the most direct/easiest way to do so.
>
> I have attached an image I drew that is basically what I am looking to
> create in an Excel chart- I'm happy to answer any questions if this is
> unclear. Any help much appreciated!

> |Filename: ChartExample1.jpg                                        |
> |Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=302|

> Jennlax27iga0

One way would be to make an image of the circles and Categories in a drawing program like Paint.Net and set it as the Format Plot Area - Fill.  Then set your axes to go through the middle of it.
 xt
On Friday, March 2, 2012 8:53:57 AM UTC+13, the.ch...@clear.net.nz wrote:
> [...]

> > exact %) they fall. I want to put this all together to get an overall
> > picture, but am unsure of the most direct/easiest way to do so.
> >
> > I have attached an image I drew that is basically what I am looking to
> > create in an Excel chart- I'm happy to answer any questions if this is
> > unclear. Any help much appreciated!
> >

> > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> > |Filename: ChartExample1.jpg                                        |
> > |Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=302|
> > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> >

> > --
> > Jennlax27iga0
>
> One way would be to make an image of the circles and Categories in a drawing program like Paint.Net and set it as the Format Plot Area - Fill.  Then set your axes to go through the middle of it.
I've put an example at http://www.mediafire.com/?6wmg88htqf9twjz using a polar chart I had hanging around  xt

Logo created in Word, not recognized as an image
I created a killer logo in MS Word and I cannot use it, because it is not recognized as an image file. I also cannot recreate it. Help!! Bring up the logo in Word. Go to HELP. type in: convert .doc file to image file. One of your choices will be to convert to a .TIFF. If this will work...follow the directions. Tlmh99 wrote: > I created a killer logo in MS Word and I cannot use it, because it is not > recognized as an image file. I also cannot recreate it. Help!! Can you not simply copy and paste into Publisher. Select paste special and choose the best format. -- Mary Sauer M...

how do I create qif files from Excel for import into Quicken?
Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. Can I create a QIF file from Excel? You'll need a converter utility for this. Here's a google search that might help: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-31,GGLD:en&q=convert+excel+to+quicken tj "pb" wrote: > Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. > Can I create a QIF file from Excel? Hi *pb*, See if http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php suits your purpose. Don't forget to back up the folde...

Best Work at Home Jobs Online
Are you looking for online jobs for college students? Or are you simply looking for the best work at home jobs online so that you don't have to work that boring 9 to five job any more? Well if you are you a college student who doesn't have time for a full time job but needs some extra cash and you're looking for online jobs from home or you're someone who simply needs a different line of work, then you've come to the right article! Today a lot of people are looking for online work and are getting into what is known as affiliate marketing. Why? Because it has a l...

Combine Bar with Single Line Chart
Hello, Please can someone help me with this question. I am trying to create a bar chart with a single line chart. The bars will display the totals for various years i.e. 2004 104 2005 107 2006 108 2007 110 2008 101 The line chart will show how 2008 is performing on a weekly basis i.e. 01/01/2008 = 100 07/01/2008 = 101 14/01/2008 = 102 The bar chart for 2008 will reflect this also, updating each time a new week is added. The Y Axis I will assume display a total i.e. 99-111 for example. The X Axis needs to show the dates plotted for the line chart 01/01/2008 - 31/12/2008 (weekly) but how...

"Play a selected sound" in "create Rule"
I want to use "create rule' "play a selected sound" to notify me of messages from certain people. Screen is on "Create Rule" & "play a selected sound" is not checked. The box beside "play a selected sound" says "chimes.wav" When I check box for "play a selected sound" & do "Browse" to get to 'Control Panel' 'Sounds and Audio Devices', I get the message: 'The file name, or format 'Control Panel" is not valid. Type the file name and location in the correct format, such as...

Who created this monster!
I knew how to do this the last time I used Excel last year. I have Excel 2000. I have a worksheet with a number of columns. Row 1 contains column headings. Row 2 contains data. Most of the cells are text. Some are numbers. A few have formulas, like =(C2*10) + (D2*5). Row 3 contains some column totals and is always meant to be the last row. Now I have entered all the data in row 2 and at the last column of my data. How do I open a new row following the row I just entered maintaining the formulas but automatically adjusting the references? This would be a new row 3. The totals row would ...

Any way to clear out stock pricing data before or after going to Quicken?
With all the discussion a few months ago about taking control of our own data, I had gone through the steps to look at my Money file as an Access DB, and found that of my 80MB, more than half was daily stock prices. Thats not something I really want to convert and maintain. I can't imagine that its really needed, since transactions have their own price info. Is there any way to get rid of it in Money, in Quicken, or other? Thanks In Money Plus: Portfolio > Other Tasks > More > Clear historical quotes The process may be different in earlier versions. "JDelMar&q...

Is there a way to extract files from the Off line files cache
I have a laptop that used to be a member of a SBS 2003 domain and was utilizing folder redirection of My Documents. The laptop was never reconfigured to remove it from the domain and the user continued to use the domain login. Since that time (about a year ago), the computer and user were removed from the SBS domain. So far so good, the user on the laptop was happy.. Today, the laptop was worked on and was removed from the domain. Now, the question is, where are the files that used to be in My documents? I beleive they are cached in the Offline files folder (C:\wind...

record sheet row order, then restore to that point
There is the ability to undo a sort so I suspect the information I want is somewhere. Is there a way to take a "snap shot" of a sheet's current row order, and then restore that row order at any point in the future? During sheet processing, rows will not be added, but data in any cell may change. The only other way I can think of doing this, is to record the order of some "signature" column and then use it to re-write the processed sheet to a scratch sheet. Thank you Add a new column before you do the 1st sort with number 1 to last row. then sor tby ...

Creating New GP Company
I am in the process of creating a new GP Data Company – normally I just go to utilities and select “Create A Company” and I am good to go. This time however when I create the new company not all of the Manufacturing tables/stored procedures are created. I know that I have successfully created new companies prior to me installing SP5. When I log into the new company I get the following error: SQLServer souldnot find the stored procedure ‘CDA01.dbo.msysCompDoseMfgCompExist’ then invalid object name ‘ICJC6000’ When I actually try to go into a MOP module I get a message stating that M...

using interop to create document word 2007
I am using c# and word interop to open a mailmerge document fill it in and then display it to the user. Once i display it the c# app has nothing more to do with the word document. The user can edit it as needed and then save it as a pdf and that is fine. The issue is I would like to set the default path for the document and it could be a network drive or sharepoint and will change every time also it will never be where the original document was opened. ...

Query to delete characters to the right of a decimal point
I need to write a query to help me clean up some letter codes in my database. The codes could have any of the following formats... XY001.01 AP002 SDFJ003.01 JUOI005 I would like the query to return everything to the left of the decimal point, so the data returned would look like this... XY001 AP002 SDFJ003 JUOI005 Thanks in advance for your help. -- Leslie M But didn't you give an example that has NO period in it? One way to approach this would be to use an IIF() statement that checks for a ".", perhaps something like: NewField: IIF(InStr([YourCode],".")...

creating a program that uses data from a sensor....
Hello, I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an electronic circuit). What are the hardware components that would be needed? And what MFC class(es) would I use to accomplish this? Thanks, RABMissouri2006 On 21 Oct 2006 08:10:50 -0700, "RAB" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it >from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an >electronic circuit). What are the ha...

Changing Chart SourceData in VBA
Excel 97. Can anyone spot where I'm going wrong? I'm trying to change the source data in code so it only shows upto the last cell that has a value in it. My code at the mo is.. Dim intActiveCell As Integer Dim strCell As String Dim strrange As String Sheets("Financial Tracker").Select Range("C13").Select If ActiveCell <> "" Then Do Until ActiveCell.Value = "" ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select Loop End If ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Select 'Selection.End(xlLeft).Select strCell = "R" & ActiveCell.Row & "C" &...

import chart of acount
I use GP7.5 I export chart of account to excel sheet and modify but i don't know how i can import agine to new company please is there any way to make it this. thanks for help M.Own If you have Integration Manager, then you would find it to be the easiest tool to use. If you do not have it, then the data can be loaded using SQL Server tools and other products that work with SQL Server. However, if you are not familiar with these tools, you should get help from somebody who does. -- Charles Allen, MVP "M.Own" wrote: > I use GP7.5 I export chart of account to e...

switching investment charts in microsoft money plus deluxe
I'm using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 17.0 As in Money 2004 clicking on a listed investment on the Home tab goes directly to a price chart. In the earlier program I could switch quickly between investment charts using a drop down list on the chart page. In money plus deluxe 17.0 I have to go back to Home first or the Portfolio tab. Can I make this work as before? Thanks for any help. "Dave K" <p_sellars-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message news:eqMaGmEcIHA.4712@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > I'm using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 17.0 > > As...

Programmatically creating a pass-through query
Hi, Is there a way to programmatically create pass-through query in Access 2003? Sub test () Dim db As Database Dim strSQL As String Dim qdfs As QueryDefs Dim qdf As QueryDef strSQL ="Some pass-through SQL statement here" Set db = CurrentDb Set qdfs = db.QueryDefs Set qdf = db.CreateQueryDef("qry_PassThru", strSQL) qdf.SQL = strSQL End Sub But the code about will not create a pass-through query, Access thinks it is a regular Access query. Is there a way to specify ...

Error while creating custom entity
Hi I am trying to create a custom entity. After filling the required fields on the New Custom Entity form, when i am trying to save it, i am getting the following error: " An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator". Help appreciated. Thanks Same issue here. Currently I'm busy troubleshooting, but no results yet. I tried the following without result: Enable logging by adding keys to the registry: LogPerfData: filename LogPerfDataDetails: 1 LogPerfDataLevel: 2 Repare CRM by using the installation disk. Did you make any progress resolvi...

how to use outlook w/o exchange server?
Trying to use outlook and cannot send/receive email. error msg 0x8004010F. I work from home, have no employess, no need to share address book. Just trying to use it w/ a new PDA I have. The exchange server appears to be a fee based service - I don't know. I just want to use Outlook to schedule my appts, keep contacts and use email. SMScott <SMScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Trying to use outlook and cannot send/receive email. error msg > 0x8004010F. I work from home, have no employess, no need to share > address book. Just trying to use it w/ a new PDA ...

is there a way to automatically insert and print random pictures
I am trying to create greeting cards using a variety of different pictures on the cover. Is there a way to automatically insert them from a file so each card has a different picture? You could setup a data base with the pictures, use the catalog merge. Help here Create a catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP101921831033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "judy" <judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D33513D-9069-47E9-AB24-E4C88EA8D4C0@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create greeting cards using a variety o...

Create Form Dynamically in VBA
Without going into alot of details I need to create thru code and dynamically a FORM in Datasheet View with a recordsource is an exisiting query. Can this be done in code on the fly. I also need code that deletes or purges the same form object. thanks for any help. Why? It is not a good idea. Perhaps if you described what you want to do, we can help with a how. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Bret" wrote: > Without going into alot of details I need to create thru code and dynamically > a FORM in Datasheet View with a recordsource is an exisiting query. Can th...

Multiple 2d charts in a 3d display
I'm trying to get a visual representation of a database of info regarding loan analysis using a line graph. I want the data to show line items of widely varying values, and the lines I have come out flat in some instances because the y-axis is calibrated for up to six figures for some values, but single digits for others. Is there any way to create several 2d charts, then "stack" them up on a non-contiguous z-axis? ...

Enhancing pie chart with pointers
Belated thanks to Andy Pope for guidance on my problem, which was to display two 'needles' on a circular chart - like a traditional barometer - and to colour the sector appropriately. This post is also to record the points I needed to understand, to assist others. 1. 'Chart Type' belongs to a series, not the Chart. (This isn't evident from the user interface, although I guess the pre-assigned combination charts presented offer that promise.) So a pie chart and an X-Y chart may be happily belong to the same chart object. 2. The axes of such a combination pie chart / X-Y ...

Create/Update Excel Objects in Power Point
I developed an add-in in Power Point 97, 2000, XP and 2003 for creating Excel charts/tables and being able to update them. The code I used is below: Dim PPT_CHRT As OLEFormat Dim PPT_SLD As Slide 'ADD a chart/table PPT_SLD.Shapes.AddOLEObject Left:=var_chrt_L, Top:=var_chrt_T, Width:=var_chrt_W, Height:=var_chrt_H, ClassName:="Excel.Chart.8", Link:=msoFalse Set PPT_CHRT = PPT_SLD.Shapes(var_SHP_count_no).OLEFormat PPT_SLD.Shapes(var_SHP_count_no).Select 'EDIT chart/table Set PPT_SLD = ActivePresentation.Slides(var_SHP_SLD_no) Set PPT_CHRT...

Creating dinamically a VB Licensed Control in VC
Hi, Is there any way to create dinamically in VC6++ an instance of a VB6 Licensed User Control? I try to pass the License key as the last parameter to the Create method of the wrapper, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas? thanks in advance javi ...