Beginner needs help to make chart or graph or pie

I only know a *little* about Excel, and a *little* about presenting data on
some kind of chart.  I don't know how to do formulas or anything but a basic
spreadsheet in Excel.

My Project: I need to show that my Natural Gas usage spiked during a gas
leak involving multiple pipes leaking small amounts at the same time; the
leak wasn't noticed for 4 to 6 months.  I have 3 years of gas bills-- 1 year
before the leak, the year involving the leak, and 1 year after the leaks were
noticed AND fixed.  I'd like a visual rendering to make it easy for a 4th
grader (i.e. my landlord - LOL) to SEE and to understand the jump in gas
usage.

What I need to know:  What "pieces" of information would I need to put on my
chart /pie / graph?  I know I'd need Month-Year; billed usage...amount
used....   anything else?

Once I know what pieces of info to include, what kind of visual rendering
should I make? (chart /pie /graph ?)

So, HOW do I make this rendering?  Specific instructions would be most
helpful, since this is my first attempt with doing this kind of project.

Thank you for your help.

Lifes

In column A, enter the dates
In column B enter the gas usage (cubic feet ?)
1/1/2006    2345
2/1/2006    2567

Click on any cell within the data
Use Chart tools to make a LINE chart

Now you should have something to work with
Go the http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html to learn more

Then come back with questions but tell us what version (2007 or earlier) of
Excel you have
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lifesnadir" <cageycatDELETE-THIS@AOL.COM> wrote in message
> I only know a *little* about Excel, and a *little* about presenting data
> on
> some kind of chart.  I don't know how to do formulas or anything but a
> basic
> spreadsheet in Excel.
>
> My Project: I need to show that my Natural Gas usage spiked during a gas
> leak involving multiple pipes leaking small amounts at the same time; the
> leak wasn't noticed for 4 to 6 months.  I have 3 years of gas bills-- 1
> year
> before the leak, the year involving the leak, and 1 year after the leaks
> were
> noticed AND fixed.  I'd like a visual rendering to make it easy for a 4th
> grader (i.e. my landlord - LOL) to SEE and to understand the jump in gas
> usage.
>
> What I need to know:  What "pieces" of information would I need to put on
> my
> chart /pie / graph?  I know I'd need Month-Year; billed usage...amount
> used....   anything else?
>
> Once I know what pieces of info to include, what kind of visual rendering
> should I make? (chart /pie /graph ?)
>
> So, HOW do I make this rendering?  Specific instructions would be most
> helpful, since this is my first attempt with doing this kind of project.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Lifes

0
bliengme (657)

How to select series in chart?

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

Macro Help 11-24-09
I have one workbook of data (1 tab) that has data for 20 different Sales Reps (different names). I need to copy all data for "Rep A" into a separate worksheet, and same for "Rep B" and so on. At the end I would have 1 tab for all data and 20 tabs with the data for each rep. Basically, I need to copy and paste each rep data into a new worksheet within the same workbook but didn't want to do it manually. I hope this makes sense. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Also check out his easyfilter add-in. http://www.ro...

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Multiple stacked bar charts

transparent areas in charts?

printing 2 charts on single page

Help, I cannot Save!

Help Required

Excel 97 VBA Help File

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Need HELP! for Linking data

Need to add to current formula

Help with Registration

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

Spam Filtering HELP
I recently started a new job, and discovered after day one, that I had inharited a spam mess. Now the previous admin ad installed a Symantic Spam Server Prox which in my opinion, was a complete waste of money as it does not allow for blocking IP addresses. Now here is the question; I am running Exchange 2003, and am looking at setting up the Conection Filter under Message Delivery to block messages based on IP address. The problem is that when I save the IPs to be blocked, I get a message stating that the Connection filter "has to be enabled manually through the specific SMTP virtual serv...

Need macro help to close excel