beginner chart

dear all,
I would like to simply create a line chart on an open excel sheet with the
data placed in the first 2 columns (a for x axis and b for y axis) i want to
use c# code

please respond fast
email:abdullahshawky@yahoo.com

0
abdo (4)

reference line on bar chart
Hello, I have excel 2007 I have a horizontal bar chart with about 12 bars. The horizontal axis shows the date; dates range from about 10 days ago to about 3 weeks into the future. I want to draw a vertical reference line at Today's date. Can anyone tell me how to do it please ? Thanks KK Start here http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineHorzErrBar.html If that is not good for you, I am sure Jon has an answer that will work for you best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.n...

Bar chart
All Excel versions I know are very good at making bar charts (I mean those charts in which the bars are horizontal). But the problem is that the X-axis is at the bottom, and items for the Y-axis are placed in reverse order as desirable (for example, first item in the series is placed at the bottom -close to the X-axis, last item in the series is placed first from the top -far from the X-axis). I don't know if I'm making myself clear, posting a picture would be more easier but it's impossible. Anyway, my question: Is there any way to: 1-Place the X-axis at the top. 2- Avoid...

Excel Chart Formula Displayed in Scientific Format
For some reason, the when I insert a trend line into a graph, the formula comes up with one part of it in scientific format (y = 2750.2x2 - 64597x + 2E+06). I konw the last expression in the formula is $2,000,000 but this is rounded- and I need to know what the exact amount is. I have tried extending the formula box, but that doesn't work. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. See www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips on the use of LINEST to get the values into cells - then you can have what ever format you need and there is no need to copy the values. -- Bernard Liengme www....

displaying stats on a chart
<mistakenly posted earlier in another forum, my apologies> I would like to display relevant descriptive statistics with labels i the top right hand corner of an XY chart. The chart is listin financial data (think stock prices over the last 10 years), and I wan to display the min, max, average, stdev, and last value. Thanks in advance, Jak -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you use Excel's descip. statistics generator from the Data analysis add-in tool? >-----Original Message----- ><mistakenly posted earlier in another forum, my apologies> > >...

Chart does not show up in print preview and wont print?
I have chart that is a workbook page but when I select print preview it does not shown up, only a blank pages comes up. And so it wont print. How can I fix this? I have Office 2007 and I can not select set print area or clear print area, they are shaded out. ...

Pivot Chart, line graph w/ multiple series
I have columns of cust, year, est sales, actual sales. Customer is put in page area, year is put on category axis. I can add est sales to data area and will have one line. But when I add the actual sales to the data area, it does not show as a line, but adds itself to the category x axis. Am I missing something? If you are adding the field directly on to the PivotChart, consider using the associated PivotTable. Is the 'actual sales' column part of the data field or one of the the row/column fields? Ensure it is a data field. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel ww...

Excel should have an open/close high/low chart for stock market u.
We're trying to develop a chart that would compare the price of grain traded on the Chicago Board of Trade (cbot) to our average price reported in Iowa. It would require four data points for the cbot info - open/close & high/low - and one for the comparator, in this case the average price for our state. We would like to see this chart added to Excel, but even if it is not added, we welcome any suggestions or recommendations of charting software compatible with Excel. Oh, by the way, we're using Excel 2003. Hi, Jon Peltier has a few stock (ochl) chart variations, check his...

Office Chart doubt
Hi, I try to create a chart using Office Chart Component 9. I set the type of the WCChart object as chChartTypeScatterLine, WCSeries object1 as chChartTypeScatterSmoothLineMarkers. WCSeries object2 as chChartTypeScatterSmoothLine. But the type applied to series 2 is always set to series object 1. void CImageCalibChartCtrl::ChangeType() { CWCCharts aCharts = myChartCollection.GetCharts(); CWCChart aChart = aCharts.GetItem(COleVariant((short)0)); aChart.Select(); aChart.GetSeriesCollection().GetItem(...

How do I print 2 charts to 1 page?
Hi Cloudy Maybe http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Cloudy Amie" <Cloudy Amie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9890E25-B186-4140-B829-AEF7EB1ED109@microsoft.com... > ...

Simple pie chart question
I'm a teacher trying to make a pie chart illustrating a part of a whole as a percent. I have two columns, one column (A1-A10)contains the total possible points for assignments 1 -10 the other column (B1- B10)contains the points earned for assgnments 1-10. the cell below each column has a formula that displays the sum of cells X1 - X10. So if a student has earned 75 points out of a possibe 100 you will see 100 in cell A11 and 75 in cell B11. OK. My question is how do I make a pie chart that will display something that looks like it is 75% one color and 25% another. I keep getting ...

Charts disappearing
I have a worksheet that contains multiple sheets. There are 2 charts each on their own sheet and pulling data from 2 addtional sheets within the same workbook. Whenever I choose to print either chart on a color printer the chart starts to flash, it prints, but then is not visible on the sheet. If I close the workbook and reopen it the chart is there again. i do not have this problem if I print it in black & white. Any suggestions? -- Thank you! ...

Name for chart template does not display under My Templates
I can create a custom Chart Template in Excel 2007. When I go to use the Chart Template, the Insert Chart dialog window shows all of my templates under My Templates, but it just shows a generic icon for each template without showing the name of the template under the icon. If I hover over each template the name appears as a tool tip. Is there any way to set a default so that the names appear? ...

Missing x-axis labels on chart in XL97
Hi All, Bit of a strange one this. I have a workbook containing lots of charts built using dynamic ranges. I have built them in XL2000, where all is well, but on opening in XL97 via a Citrix W2000 Desktop, the x-labels disappear. I have tried all the following to get them to reappear: -- Deleted the axis and put it back on -- Changed the dynamic range to a static range -- Set all the formatting options to automatic but still they don't appear. I have tried creating a chart with the offending dynamic range as the x-axis and that seems to work fine. And, very wierdly, if i change t...

Vertical line in chart
Hi, I create a line chart with three different lines. The x- axis is used to show the status of items over a number of weeks (planned, revised, finished). I wan to insert a vertical line in sheet, showing current week. Tips? On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for adding lines to a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine Konpego wrote: > I create a line chart with three different lines. The x- > axis is used to show the status of items over a number of > weeks (planned, revised, finished). I wan to insert a > vertical line in...

How do I create a comparison chart from a data list?
I want to create a bar chart. On the left is a list of services. Each bar represents a company. Each company will be shown in the chart to offer services up to a certain point, so the bars will get increasingly longer until you get to the bar for my company which shows the longest bar because it offers the most services. Any idea how to structure my data to get this type of chart? -comic guy I don't know if this will work for you? Just a suggestion +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Services.zip ...

Milestone Slip Chart Example
I am trying to create a milestone slip chart in EXCEL to track status o my project outside of our project planning and managemet tool. Doe anyone have an example of something they already use? Any help woul be greatly appreciated. Pet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Year series shows wrong in chart
Hi all : using Excel 2003, I have what should not even be a problem that I cannot solve. I have a series of years in a column, 1970-2006 to be exact, and these are the labels for my x axis. When I insert chart this appears as 1,2,3,...instead of 1970, 1971, etc. It doesn't matter how I format that column, text, general, custom, nothing works. Why is it not just giving me the data in the format that is actually there and how can I get it? thanks for any help Bevin B. Try first entering the dates as dates. To check to make sure they're entered as dates, after entering the data c...

Gaps in Line Chart
I have a line chart wherein my data for the line is in A1:A100... and my data for the date is B1:B100 NO PROBLEM Every 15 days, i.e. in rows A15:A17, B15:B17 A32:A35, B32:B35...etc. I have gaps in my data for informational purposes (in other words, I have headers for the columns, such as DATE, VALUE, AVERAGE, etc.) At present, my chart is an unbroken line...i.e., the gaps are as if they weren't there. However, now when I extend my "SOURCE DATA" TO INCLUDE MORE ROWS AS FOLLOWS: Data in A1:A150 ...

why won't excel allow me to add more data to a chart?
For some of my data I skip days for collecting it so I use the shift key to click on the days I do want in the chart. I have been doing this for awhile but now that I'm obtaining more points it has simply stopped letting me add data points. When I click on the one where it stops collecting it erases all of the others I have clicked and makes a stop noise. I need to add more data so why won't it let me?? Hi, There is a finite limit on the length of the series formula, ~1024 characters. So this example is for a series with 3 data points in cells A2:B4. =SERIES(,Sheet...

Charts
Hi, This is the follow up to a discussion that started two days ago, is there anybody who can reply? In my Consolidated WB I have 7 Charts and 1 database I have created as a data source. In fact, in the DB, there are the formulas which get the data from ten different WBs. Let's try with an example. The consolidated DB into the WB"Cons" has got 10 Companies into it, but to simplify I'll put 5: A B C D E Company 1 3 1 2 0 0 Company 2 5 1 2 10 13 Company 3 4 2 3 5 6 Company 4 ...

chart to show employee requests during a given year
I am not very familar with charts or graphs. I would like to create a chart that will track employee requests off during a given year. I need it for excell 2003 any help would be appriciated thanks! ...

Check inputdate, then retrieve data to fill in chart from dated co
ok hope I can explain this.. I have a sheet with dated columns and the first row is employee names each dated column is filled with letters that correspond to a duty a-g. so for the next 3 months I can look across the top for a date then down the column to see where each person is supposed to be. Now I also have a form I print up daily to post for people to see where they are supposed to be.. I fill it manually at this point I wonder if there is any formulat to help automate this.. I am thinking two hopeful ideas.. a drop down list on the form, pulling the list of names......

Pie Charts
Hey guys..I am having trouble with the auto formats on excel charts. Specifically, when I make a pie chart the size and wording are not properly spaced. Every time the information changes I have to manually realign everything. Does anyone know how to make it so it everything fits automatically. Thanks again. CHip ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements ...

Format charts legend
Hi I wanna format my chart like this one: http://i10.tinypic.com/2eghct5.jpg Kindest regard -- vb_4_ne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vb_4_net's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=466 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=122617 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Yes you can, sort of, you can not get the dividing line. Add two more series to the chart with series name of Male and Female. Change the sort order so they are at the top. Format the fill and border of the 2 series to none. You will need t...

Bar Chart #9
I have a spreadsheet like below and I want to make separate (but the same format) bar charts for each week The top-left cell starts at cell A1 (The numbers below are hours) This is a spreadsheet to log the amount of hours lost in the department and the reason why productivity was delayed for that time. Date Server Printer Temperature Network Data Control 4/28/08 4 4/29/08 5 4/30/08 5/1/08 1 5/2/08 3 Totals 4 8 1 5/4/...