Basic chart question

Column A contains dates
Column B contains the salesman's name
Column C contains the gross sales for the day

I'm trying to determine if it's true that when a certain salesman is on duty
the gross sales increase and when he's absent they decrease.

So column B either contains his name or is empty (if he was not working that
day).

I have no experience with charts, so any help at all will be most
appreciated.

rgds,
DL

0
cascando (6)

If it were me, I'd probably look at the data with a Pivot Table and review
the average gross sales by salesman.    Here is a link to info on Pivot
Tables.

If someone else can assist with other info, have at it.

"fitful_thought" <cascando@legs.com> wrote in message
> Column A contains dates
> Column B contains the salesman's name
> Column C contains the gross sales for the day
>
> I'm trying to determine if it's true that when a certain salesman is on
duty
> the gross sales increase and when he's absent they decrease.
>
> So column B either contains his name or is empty (if he was not working
that
> day).
>
> I have no experience with charts, so any help at all will be most
> appreciated.
>
> rgds,
> DL

0
breinhardt (272)

XML formatting to HTML...beginner question

excel series charts
Hi, I am trying to create a line chart in excel with two series. Conside the following data: np time1 time2 1 1000 100 2 900 90 3 850 80 4 700 70 5 600 60 6 400 30 7 300 10 8 270 5 The first series is plotted correctly but the second series i completely wrong. I was wondering if someone else has encountered suc a problem with two series charts. Can anyone suggest a solution to thi problem. thanks, sami -- samit70 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samit700's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/memb...

Excel Charts #19
I am making a chart with weird X-values. Instead of single, whole numbers, I need each value to be as follows: 1-2, 3-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc. Please help me!! My chart keeps going to whole numbers instead and its been driving me crazy for days! How can I fix this problem?!! ...

VB Question #2
Thanks exactly what I wanted. Got it to work fine, thanks. Gle -- GlenS1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- GlenS18's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=945 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26270 ...

Saving chart templates
I have created some charts and saved them as templates (crtx). I can apply them to existing chart and, subject to some occasional odd behaviour (plotting agains the ''wrong' axis) it works ok. Not a huge timesaver but you take what you can get. However, if i 'Insert' a new chart using any of three templates I have created - and then attempt to add data to it the workbook is corrupted when I try to save and ALL charts and Range names disappear. I am using the name manager from peltiertech but that has always worked before and even if i avoid using it the pr...

CRM 3.0 Licensing Question
Folks: I am new to CRM and have a question on licensing. Here are our licensing details: Microsoft CRM 3.0 License type : Professional Server Licenses : 1 User Licenses (total) : 100000 User Licenses (Used) : 85 User Licenses (available) : 99915 Does this mean we have User Licenses for 100K users and we pay yearly for this many users? Thanks ! CRM 3.0 used the volume licensing model, so the key unlocks 100,000 seats, but you pay for how many you use. You should be reporting to your LAR/Microsoft how many seats you are using annually. Dave ...

Macro Question #2
How do I make a macro that will save the current workbook in another folder with today's date as the name of the file? Matthew Matthew, Try something like ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "C:\PathName\" & Format(Now,"mmddyyyy") & _ ".xls" -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Matthew" <turn@alltel.net> wrote in message news:OVBI2iIVDHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How do I make a macro that will save the current workbook in another folder &g...

charting performance speed
So am I correct in finding that the charting preformance speed of 2007 is an absolute dog? Trying to chart 16 datasets with 2055 data pointrs each on an x-y chart, with the colours of some of the lines adjusted to keep them in four "matching sets". I have to wait for nearly a minute for a redraw when you flick back a tab. Can't type any headers without taking a break for a coffee. Am I missing something please? Your impressions match my own. Excel 2007 with SP1 installed is slightly better in some situations. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials ...

Simple average question
I'm sure this is a ridiculously simple question for most of you folks but I've been trying to find an answer for hours and hours. I have a column of values. In the next column I sinply want the average including data down to that row. So far I have been editing the formula manually but this gets old for several thousand values. In case my question is not clear I will show formulae I am using to get what I want: In column B starting with row 1 and moving down (the data are in column A): B1=AVERAGE(A1:A1) B2=AVERAGE(A1:A2) B3=AVERAGE(A1:A3) B4=AVERAGE(A1:A4) I guess I'm looking...

Can you combine data from 2 worksheets into 1 chart?
My son is working on a science project. He had to track the temperature and precipitation levels in Daytona Beach for 9 years. I put the data in 2 worksheets, one for temperature and one for precipitation. He now has to make charts for the data. We've done the 2 separate charts but now we need to make 1 chart showing all the data. Is there a way to take the data from the 2 separate worksheets and put it into 1 chart? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom So...

Is there an easy way to denote significance on charts
The only way I know how to add significance to charts, such as an asterisk above a bar chart, is by adding a text box. Any adjustments to the chart require rearranging the text box. Adding significance to charts is quite common and I can't believe Excel would not have an easier option for this. Another option is to apply shapes to hidden series. For example, if the shape were an asterisk you could then control the position of the asterisk based on your source data. The asterisk could always appear over the bar even if the bar moved when the source data changed. -- John Mansfie...

Overlapping 2 charts (XL2003)
I have a 5 row 3 column sheet in A1:C5. Here are the 15 values (first 3 are column headings): type day amount A,1,10 A,2,11 A,3,12 B,3,7 I'm aiming to have a chart with 1,2,3 on x axis, and 3 blue values: 10 units tall over the 1; 11 over the 2; 12 over the 3. Then I want a red 7 over the x value 3. So I want to see both 12 and 7 above the 3 on the x axis, either overlapping or side by side. I created a chart by highlighting C2:C4 and hitting F11. I can name that series as A. So far so good. Now I want to overlay B data, so under Source Data I add a series named B with values =sheet1!c5...

Adding and Multiplying Question
Hi, I have an inventory spreadsheet and I am trying to figure out how to add column "E" and column "F" then at the same time multiply column "D" to get a total in column "I". E F D I ie: 5+2*10=70 Then how do I apply this to every row (there are 260 rows) without typing the formula in for each row? Thank you, John The formula you want in column "I" is as follows Assuming you begin with row 1 and that the order of operations is as you have written: =E1+F1*D1 If you actually want to multiply the sum of columns E and F times c...

Finding data for a chart in word
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3325082853_2433946 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit After inserting a chart in a word document I cannot seem to get back to the excel worksheet update data on the chart. Advice please. Thank you. Joe --B_3325082853_2433946 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Finding data for a chart in word<...

Perspective setting won't save in a 3-D column chart
I have a 3-D column chart that has the perspective setting as 20, the elevation as 24 degrees and the rotation as 198 degrees. I change the settings, close the dialog box and click save. Yet the perspective setting resets itself to 15 every time I open the file. I am using Excel 2007. Any suggestions? Thanks. Hi Kathi, I have been able to duplicate your problem, I suggest this is a bug, although there might be some reason for this behavior, I can't think of any. It's probably not worth it but I suppose you could attach a macro to the Open_Workbook event and reset it to...

sumproduct question #3
I have three columns. They go like this: 100 1 2 200 0 2 100 1 0 200 0 2 100 1 2 200 0 0 I've always been under the impression that a + sign represents OR. When I try this formula: =sumproduct(((C1:C6>0)+(B1:B6>0))*A1:A6) I get 900. I want it to equal 700, because I want the formula to say if column B OR column C is greater than 0, then sum column A. I must be doing something wrong. What is it? Help is appreciated!!! Hi use =sumproduct(--((C1:C6>0)+(B1:B6>0)>0),A1:A6) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mark1 wrote: > I have three columns. They ...

In Excel how can I assign values to a Yes or No question with IF
I am building a spreadsheeet, where If a cell has a "Yes" in it is is work ..75 and a "no" equals 0. I know a IF statement will help, but I don't know how. I also want Excel to caculate from an inputted date how many moths ago it was. Can anyone help? Craig =IF(A2="Yes",.75,0) is all that you need -- HTH Bob Phillips "craigscoop" <craigscoop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72842B75-8485-497C-8AC6-01348498D73B@microsoft.com... > I am building a spreadsheeet, where If a cell has a "Yes" in it is is w...

XY Scatter Chart Not Showing X Axis
I'm trying to create a quadrant analysis. I have the four quadrants as stacked columns and the real data as a XY Scatter. The x axis for the XY Scatter is not showing. The real data series are marked as the secondary axis. Does anyone know how to make the X axis appear? Usually Excel gives you both secondary axes when you add an XY series to a column chart. Go to Chart menu > Options > Axes, and check the box for the secondary X axis. If you're using Excel 2007, it's found on the middle of the three charting tabs, under Axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft ...

Inheritance question
I am new to C# and have a couple questions about using "abstract" 1) If you define a method as abstract do you have to specify abstract on the class defintion as well or is it implied or can you have an abstract method in a class that is not abstract 2) If you have a base class and a derived class that both have a method wit the same signature, do you have to specify virtual on the base class method and override on the derived class method if you want the derived class to use the version of the method defined in the derived class "GregNga" <GregNga@discus...

We just got upgraded to Micro. 2003 and let me tell you it's not pretty. I previously had a lengthy Word doc with a bunch of charts linked from an Excel worksheet I had. Since the upgrade I had to re-link every chart because the links no longer work, why is this?????? Also after I cut and paste special as a link each chart I can no longer freely move the chart around or even right click to get properties and select the size I want the chart to show. I paste it in the right column of a word doc table so I need to size it to fit into the column and I can no longer do this. This i...

Newbie Question: Adding fields to accounts
I need to add some fields to accounts. All I can seem to find is adding "canned" fields included in CRM. We are a small but growing company that provides cellular and wireless data service and sales. Besides the basic fields included in CRM we need to track the cellular carrier(s) and account number(s) for our customers. Some of them have up to 5 different carriers. We would also like to track the number of phones/units for each carrier. How can I do this? I have looked in the Implementation Guide with no results. Am I limited to modifying existing unused fields? Dave Lagergr...

newbie question
I read the User Guide, and couldn't find the explanation for M2005 terms for the flags in an account transaction window. New enough not to be sure about M2005 definitions: C = Cleared with Bank? E= entered manually or Error or what? R=Reconcilled ? I haven't been using M05 enough yet. Former Quicken user. Q irritated me with support fees and problems suddenly with online bank updates and no solution. I am trying to convert to M05. Sigh..... E = Entered Electronically (i.e. downloaded from your FI) C = Cleared (marked as Cleared manually) R = Reconciled "Fiddlet&...

Data Bar / Progress Meter / Bar Chart
Hi, Could anyone suggest a method of having a text field (or similar) have the behaviour of a data bar in excel 2007. I have a field that displays a percentage and would like to present the information to the user in a bar graph / data bar / progress meter style appearance. The value is only ever updated when the form is first loaded, ie. the values will not require updating/refreshing. The data comes from a query. It would be really great if it could change to yellow at 75% and red at 90% as some sort of conditional format as well? Thankyou. You can insert the microsoft progress b...

Exchange 5.5 16GB limit question
I've got Exchange 5.5 std. running at about 10.2GB right now. I've got the Exch 5.5 enterpr. cd with me. Is there anyway that I can upgrade the Exchange server to enterprise edition (to eliminate the 16GB) database limit? It's actually pretty straight-forward and a relatively painless upgrade. You will want to backup your server prior and you will want to re-apply patches to your system afterwards. Bob "jm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17c301c48570$058b1990$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I've got Exchange 5.5 std. running at abou...

A question about different column values
I want to calculate each day value, subtract from my total value. i.e. there are five columns( Mon, Tue, Wed Thu, Fri) and there is one column (Total) in which is the total value. I want, when I enter a value in Mon column, it subtract from Total value column. Next day when I enter a value in Tue column, again it subtract from Total value column. and so on...... The format of my columns is: Total Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri 25 2 when I enter any value in any day, it subtract automatically value from Total value columns. I'll be very thanks. Shahid Nawaz -- snkhokhar --...