Barb Reinhardt: HOW TO: Plot a Team Name ....

Hi Barb,
 It is probably me being dum, but I still can't get it to work. I've
installed Ron Bovey's XY Chart Labeler, and it reads on the web site that it
will 'The labeler will detect and apply the source range formatting
characteristics to the data labels as well as live-link the data label text
to the source range text.' But nothing additional seems to happen. I create a
X Y (scatter) chart based on the below the table and I've tried a bubble
chart on this exmaple table but to no avail do the TEAM # labels appear. If I
set the X axis range to MANAGER # B2:B11, Y axis range to CLIENTS # C2:C11
and the size range to REVENE D2:D11 the bubble chart looks create but I want
to put the TEAM # name next to the appropraite bubble but how do I make Ron
Bovey's XY Chart Labeler used the TEAM # range as the Label source. Do I need
to include the TEAM # column when I make the data source for the chart or do
I add the data later. The problem is that I don't see anything noticable that
indicates that the XY Chart Labeler is doing something, I can see the
atpvbaen.xla loaded so I presume it is installed correctly.

Hope you can help? Thanks in advance

TEAM #	MANAGER #	CLIENTS#	REVENUE
TEAM 01	2	5	60
TEAM 02	6	10	120
TEAM 03	4	15	180
TEAM 04	5	6	72
TEAM 05	6	12	144
TEAM 06	8	18	216
TEAM 07	2	7	84
TEAM 08	4	14	168
TEAM 09	3	21	252
TEAM 10	1	8	96

I've done this using Ron Bovey's XY Chart Labeler

www.appspro.com

"Kevin McCartney" <KevinMcCartney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:33799C4B-0D4B-4DFF-9526-D5DA23922DA9@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
>  I have the following table exmaple, what I like to do is to plot the team
> as where their values cross, e.g. for TEAM 01 where 5 and 60 cross on a
graph
> having Revenue as the Y axis and Clients as the X axis.
>
> COLUMN A COLUMN B COLUMN C
> TEAMS CLIENTS REVENUE
> TEAM 01 5 60
> TEAM 02 10 120
> TEAM 03 15 180
> TEAM 04 6 72
> TEAM 05 12 144
> TEAM 06 18 216
> TEAM 07 7 84
> TEAM 08 14 168
> TEAM 09 21 252
> TEAM 10 8 96
>
> Any guidence, much appriciated.

Hi Barb,

I'm being a nooop, the addin was not loaded, silly me..... doooh :-)

"Kevin McCartney" wrote:

> Hi Barb,
>  It is probably me being dum, but I still can't get it to work. I've
> installed Ron Bovey's XY Chart Labeler, and it reads on the web site that it
> will 'The labeler will detect and apply the source range formatting
> characteristics to the data labels as well as live-link the data label text
> to the source range text.' But nothing additional seems to happen. I create a
> X Y (scatter) chart based on the below the table and I've tried a bubble
> chart on this exmaple table but to no avail do the TEAM # labels appear. If I
> set the X axis range to MANAGER # B2:B11, Y axis range to CLIENTS # C2:C11
> and the size range to REVENE D2:D11 the bubble chart looks create but I want
> to put the TEAM # name next to the appropraite bubble but how do I make Ron
> Bovey's XY Chart Labeler used the TEAM # range as the Label source. Do I need
> to include the TEAM # column when I make the data source for the chart or do
> I add the data later. The problem is that I don't see anything noticable that
> indicates that the XY Chart Labeler is doing something, I can see the
> atpvbaen.xla loaded so I presume it is installed correctly.
>
> Hope you can help? Thanks in advance
>

> TEAM #	MANAGER #	CLIENTS#	REVENUE
> TEAM 01	2	5	60
> TEAM 02	6	10	120
> TEAM 03	4	15	180
> TEAM 04	5	6	72
> TEAM 05	6	12	144
> TEAM 06	8	18	216
> TEAM 07	2	7	84
> TEAM 08	4	14	168
> TEAM 09	3	21	252
> TEAM 10	1	8	96
>

> I've done this using Ron Bovey's XY Chart Labeler
>
> www.appspro.com
>
> "Kevin McCartney" <KevinMcCartney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:33799C4B-0D4B-4DFF-9526-D5DA23922DA9@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I have the following table exmaple, what I like to do is to plot the team
> > as where their values cross, e.g. for TEAM 01 where 5 and 60 cross on a
> graph
> > having Revenue as the Y axis and Clients as the X axis.
> >
> > COLUMN A COLUMN B COLUMN C
> > TEAMS CLIENTS REVENUE
> > TEAM 01 5 60
> > TEAM 02 10 120
> > TEAM 03 15 180
> > TEAM 04 6 72
> > TEAM 05 12 144
> > TEAM 06 18 216
> > TEAM 07 7 84
> > TEAM 08 14 168
> > TEAM 09 21 252
> > TEAM 10 8 96
> >
> > Any guidence, much appriciated.

DOH!   You're not alone.  I've done things like that before myself.

Did it work the way you wanted?

"Kevin McCartney" <KevinMcCartney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D4C5D914-ADA5-47E3-8966-CB466E6F9EEC@microsoft.com...
> [...]
> > TEAM 02 6 10 120
> > TEAM 03 4 15 180
> > TEAM 04 5 6 72
> > TEAM 05 6 12 144
> > TEAM 06 8 18 216
> > TEAM 07 2 7 84
> > TEAM 08 4 14 168
> > TEAM 09 3 21 252
> > TEAM 10 1 8 96
> >

> > I've done this using Ron Bovey's XY Chart Labeler
> >
> > www.appspro.com
> >
> > "Kevin McCartney" <KevinMcCartney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:33799C4B-0D4B-4DFF-9526-D5DA23922DA9@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >  I have the following table exmaple, what I like to do is to plot the
team
> > > as where their values cross, e.g. for TEAM 01 where 5 and 60 cross on
> > graph
> > > having Revenue as the Y axis and Clients as the X axis.

0
breinhardt (272)

confused about the WFP api names
I'm a little confused about the WFP api names, such as FwpsCalloutRegister() and FwpmCalloutAdd(), what does 'Fwps' and 'Fwpm' refer to? Why don't they use the same prefix 'WFP', which is Windows Filtering Platform? Thanks in advance. Fei Zhang __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5270 (20100711) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com "Fei Zhang" <zhangandfei@126.com> writes: > I'm a little confused about the WFP api...

Change name of "Personal Folders" in Outlook 2003
How do I change the way a .PST file is displayed in Outlook 2003? If I open a .PST file it always displays in the folder list as "Personal Folders." So if I open several .PST files, they all display as "Personal Folders." I would like them to display as different, descriptive names. (I.E. January, February, etc.) Please advise. Trevor Right click the root of the folderset-> Properties-> button Advanced-> field Name -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipst...

using range names in validation
Would like to do validation and use a list that is referenced by a named range. Any way to do this? My main objective is to have validation expand and contract based on the changing list, so if there is another, better way of doing this, that's fine, too. "boris", Go here http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic then here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Rgds, Andy Hi Aladin. > =Sheet1!$A$2:INDEX(MATCH(REPT("z",255),Sheet1!$A:$A)) I tried this and got "too few arguments". I wouldn't know where to start deciphering it,...

How to retrieve the sheet name?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve the sheet name? For example, the sheet is named 'Date", I would like to retrieve its name into cell A1, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric On 8 avr, 23:30, Eric <E...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve the sheet name? > For example, the sheet is named 'Date", I would like to retrieve its name > into cell A1, does anyone have any suggestions? > Thanks in advance for any suggestions > Eric Hello, ...

Help with data not getting plotted
The following quote is posted on behalf of a client using Windows and Office 2003 Standard. Please email responses directly to me, too, since I do not read this group much. Any help/insight would be most appreciated. I'll do my best to relay any questions people have and bring back any answers to said questions. <quote> The Goal: In an effort to come up with a new way of looking at organizational structure, I employed Excel's 'Donut Chart' function. My goal was to have the head of the organization in the middle of the chart and then that person's direct re...

Graph Time Frequency Plot...
With MS Access 2003, I am trying to create a graph of some events in our database. When an event occurs, they are time/date stamped. I can run a graph of those, but: How do I make the X-axis on a graph be straight time, so the dots on the graph appear at varying intervals (reflecting how often the events occurred). This is a touch easier in Excel... Do I need to export this to Excel all the time? or is there a way to do this in Access? Not sure if this is exactly what you're asking ... To graph only the time portion of your data (rather than date/time), use a query as the recordsour...

Named Printers report list.
Is there a list anywhere that shows what reports are affected by which Named Printers options? What do you mean by options? "Dnelson" wrote: > Is there a list anywhere that shows what reports are affected by which Named > Printers options? As in which reports are affected by which named printer operation. Like when it said Posting reports - Purchasing, exactly which reports does that effect? "Leslie Vail" wrote: > What do you mean by options? > > "Dnelson" wrote: > > > Is there a list anywhere that shows what reports are affecte...

Only show one name of DL in To Field
I would like to use a distribution list and when the recipients receive the message have them only see their name in the To field and no one elses. Is this possible. Thanks Have you tried just putting the distribution list in the Bcc (blind carbon copy) field. If it isn't showing click View > Bcc field "Ann" <trotto@beckercollege.edu> wrote in message news:123e01c3c3f4$ba55fd60$3101280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to use a distribution list and when the > recipients receive the message have them only see their > name in the To field and no one elses. Is this...

ThisWorkbook.Name returns a wrong workbook name
I am using Excel 2003 and an addin I have written. When I use ThisWorkbook.Name in my code, it returns the name of the addin, not the name of the workbook I have open. How can I get the name of the workbook, not the addin? Many thanks. ThisWorkbook will always refer to the workbook where the macro is. You can use ActiveWorkbook.Name to return the name of the active workbook. Regards, Per <NoSpam@aol.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:0sqpu59qvar159eojdabrublhthpvud39j@4ax.com... > I am using Excel 2003 and an addin I have written. When I use > ThisWorkbook.Name...

name autocorrect 12-09-03
Hi The Access Db I am currently working on was written in 97 (when name autocorrect didnt exist), was upgraded to 2000 and now needs upgrading to XP and tidying up. I have done the upgrade and now would like to tidy the DB but autocorrect doesnt work although it is ticked in the options box. Can I do anything to make it work or is this not possible due to the history of the DB? Thanks ...

Personal Address Book Does Not Resolve Names Properly
Any idea why this might happen? I imported my 2000 Outlook contacts into 2003 - this is a POP account - and now the names don't resolve properly when I type them into the To: field in an email and hit CTRL-K. Thoughts? First, I doubt you are using a Personal Address Book. Outlook hasn't used that for years. You should be using the Outlook Address Book which cannot keep track of your Contacts when you do an import. You must now reset it so it can find your Contacts: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol200 3 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] ...

Modifying Domain Logon name
I added a user, but forgot to include the domain name infront of the user name. While CRM told me (after save & close) that the domain name must be entered, it still allowed the user to be created. Now I want to go back to the user and edit the domain logon name field in the user profile, but it is grayed out and will not let me change it. Any suggestions? Regards, Remove any licenses and roles from the user, disable it, and create a new user with the proper domain name format. Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "idtpes" wrote: > I added a user, but fo...

Converting long file path names to short paths
Hi, How can I convert a very long file path in to a short path with dots (...) in the path name. For example, in VC++ file properties dialog displays long file path with dont in the path name. File Path "T:\ABC_DEF_asdfgh\framework\pc\tsroot\mmi\FLDRMMI\sources\autodetectdlg.cpp" is shown as "T:\...\FLDRMMI\sources\autodetectdlg.cpp" Is there any statndard function for this conversion? Or I have to do it programatically? Thanks Use PathCompactPath -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "BNP" <bnpateljobs@yahoo.co....

Display current sheet name being processed in macro
I have the following macro that will protect each sheet in a workbook. For n = 1 To Sheets.Count 'Sheets(n).Protect Password:="&PasswordEntered" Title = "Protecting sheet" Style = vbInformation MsgBox "Sheet Protected ", Style, Title Next n I need to display the sheet name back to the user, can someone suggest how I do that within the macro along with the msgbox? -- Thank U and Regards Ann Try your macro altered like this:- Sub protect() For n = 1 To Sheets.Count Sheets(n).protect 'Password:="&PasswordEntered"...

Error: "The name could not be resolved. The bookmark is not valid"
I am getting the error as described in the title when I attempt to connect to and my exchange server. 1) Setup One Exchange 2003 organisation (with a back end server in parent domain and one in child domain). Exchange 2003 Forest. A few Exchange 2003 front end servers in DMZ Office 2000 and Office 2003 on Windows 2000 Windows XP clients. ssl OWA and MAPI access (planning to investigate httpsRPC). 2) Problem When I connect with MAPI Outlook clients to child domain Exchange 2003. It comes up with the error: ...

Once user is created in active directory, it cannot find name in o
I have recently had to create a new user in Active directory and for some time it has been working well but today it seems that I cannot link the new user to Outlook. It keeps coming up with an error saying that "the name could not be matched in the list" I have had this problem in the past but was told to update the recipient list, which I have done but it still does not seem to replicate. I know the account exists because it is in our distribution lists but not in the global list or when trying to link to the server. I understand that it may take time to replicate but I am...

Linking to Another Excel File (File Name Changes)
Hi, I have 2 separate Excel file worksheets. Basically, one file is updated each month and will have a different name (example: File052007 for May, File062007 for June, File072007 for July, etc.). Currently, I'm trying to link cells in my other file to the updated file, but I don't know how to set the link so that it can change each month. I was trying the concatenate or (A1&A2&A3) options to try to link cells together, but haven't had much luck. Here is what the formula should look like: ='C:\FOLDER\[File052007.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1 I made 2 cells in this worksheet ...

Outgoing mail to show display name and not email address.
When users send mail, the recipents see the email address and not the display name. Is there a change I can make to show the users display name in the From field rather than the email address? We are using exchange 5.5 and outlook 2000 in corporate/workgroup mode. Regards, Dave On the properties of your IMS, go to the Internet Mail tab, and click the Advanced Options button and you'll see an option to enable or disable the sending of Display Names to the Internet. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "David Uns...

Renaming user account and accessing old account named mail
Using W2K3 server and Exchange 2K3. I need to rename a users account. First I'd like to know the proper way to do it. Is right clicking and choosing rename the most appropriate and will it change the name in all the necessary places (display, etc). Or should I go to properties and modify the name on the general tab, the modify the name on the Exchange General tab and then on the account tab? Second, once the account has been renamed, where will the e-mail from the prevous account be? Will it show up in the inbox of the new account? Understand - all you are doing in essence is chang...

Import changes named ranges
I have an issue with named ranges on an imported list. Excel change the ranges on an import but not the adjacent columns. There ar several issues wich complicate this. Excel 2003 1. The data is imported from a csv file (not a problem) 2. Named ranges are needed for each column of the import and tw additional formula columns to the right (not a problem if they stay th same length) 3. There are 2 formula columns after the imported data 4. The import is configured to copy down formulas in the adjacen columns. 5. Array functions refer to the named ranges to calculate values o another shee...

Series number to Series name
Hello, I see several tables have a column called SERIES which hold an integer value. I'd l like to link that back to a lookup table holding the series name, i.e. Financial, Sales, Purchasing, etc. I looked but could not find the lookup table. Please let me know the lookup table (if there is one) and/or how to get this mapping. Thanks JDM Go to any pull down that offers a list of Series. GP follows a rather firm rule, the first one is 1, the second is 2, etc. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips an...

Adding a new domain name?
Our company is changing it's name, although we need to keep our current domainname we also need to add our new domain name, how do we do this? We use Exchange 2003. Hi, you just add a new recipient policy for the new domain name, you can the choose which should be the standard name for the users. /Martin "Gonzo" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:u4tOm4ewGHA.4612@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Our company is changing it's name, although we need to keep our current > domainname we also need to add our new domain name, how do we do this? We > use Excha...

Add user name to cell
How can I automaticaly add a user name to a cell ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com i dont know what do you mean... if you could only eleborate you problem, maybe i can help you... specify your point... thnks...:confused ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Message when adding additional mailbox to outlook: The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed
I'm having a really strange error with some users mailboxes in Exchange. Firstly, this is isolated to a small number of users and applies across all computers for those users. When I try to tell outlook (2000 or 2003) to open additional user mailboxes for a few isolated users, the moment I hit the add button (before even being able to enter the other mailbox names or anything else) I receive the message "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed". I've tried doing this for the affected users on other computers (same result), different outlook versio...

Defined names and calculation speed
I noticed this statement on .... http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecrets.htmdefined "....defined Names are recalculated each time a formula that directly refers to the name is recalculated" It seems that giving a range a defined name can slow down calculation. I realise that naming ranges makes it easier to understand formulas, but do they really slow down calculations? Rob Hi Rob, Using defined names makes Excel do extra work, so yes they do slow Excel down a small amount, but generally you will not notice the effect unless you have names that contain very time-expensive fo...