Bar Graph with straight line

I am trying to create a single bar with a gradient from Red (bottom) to Green
(top). I then what to create a single horizontal line going accross the bar
at a particular point.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Add horizontal line to chart

http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm
http://www.processtrends.com/pg_charts_horizontal_line.htm

best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

> I am trying to create a single bar with a gradient from Red (bottom) to
> Green
> (top). I then what to create a single horizontal line going accross the
> bar
> at a particular point.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

0
Bernard
11/8/2009 1:17:50 PM
I think you are actually describing a column chart. To get the gradient fill,
format series, fill pattern, select 2 colors, then choose desired colors and
fill pattern.

For the horizontal line, create a dummy series with good endpoints (this
depends on whether your x-axis is category or series). If series, simply
select the start and stop, and give it a single value, then plot as a line.

If a category axis is being used, use a similar process to previous, but
move series to secondary axis. Hide 2nd y-axis, and format 2nd x-axis to
display no labels or tick marks.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"John" wrote:

> I am trying to create a single bar with a gradient from Red (bottom) to Green
> (top). I then what to create a single horizontal line going accross the bar
> at a particular point.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

VBA Axis line weight
I am trying to set a number of parameters on a chart but am missing a way to set the axis line thickness (weight)? I have XLS 2007. With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary) .AxisTitle.Font.Name = "Arial" .AxisTitle.Font.Size = 12 .AxisTitle.Font.Bold = True .AxisTitle.Font.ColorIndex = 16 .AxisTitle.Top = 70 .AxisTitle.Left = 43 .TickLabelPosition = xlTickLabelPositionLow .TickLabels.Font.Name = "Arial" .TickLabels.Font.Size = 12 .TickLabels.Font.Bold = False .TickLa...

Is there a command line string I can use to send email?
If I can send email from a command prompt I can figure out a way to do a mass email to a list of people volunteering for something where I work - the list changes daily. Sandra <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote: > If I can send email from a command prompt I can figure out a way to > do a mass email to a list of people volunteering for something where > I work - the list changes daily. Check the tools here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Brian Tillman ...

change color of bar on multi-day event shape
Is there a way to change the color of the "bar" across the top of a multi-day event shape? I can change the fill color, but not the bar is always blue. url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1127-1.aspx On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:43:11 +0800, "Jennifer Virley"<virleyj0@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to change the color of the "bar" across the top of a >multi-day event shape? >I can change the fill color, but not the bar is always blue. Open the Drawing Explorer window (menu View -> Drawing Explorer Look for the appropriate shape on the ...

Intergation into Title Bar
Hello everyone, I was wondering how I can implement my toolbar into the titlebar of all open windows? I need to know how to do this for one of my computer programs. Thanks in advance. Sincerely, James Simpson Straightway Technologies http://straightway.no-ip.com "James Simpson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02fd01c3d256$cffe8450$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > I was wondering how I can implement my toolbar into the > titlebar of all open windows? I need to know how to do > this for one of my computer programs. T...

Excel 2007 line chart automatic category axis text rotation
Is there any way in Excel 2007 of re-enabling the automatic (best fit) rotation feature on category values text axes after you have entered a custom angle (the simple checkbox that existed in previous versions is no longer there and the program will not allow you to remove a custom angle completely once one has been set - only to change it)? Many thanks, Boris. You apparently cannot do this through the user interface, but this line of VBA does it: ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).TickLabels.Orientation = xlTickLabelOrientationAutomatic Select the chart. Open the VB Editor (Alt+...

Changing line appearance for future values
Using Excel 2007. Is it possible to change the appearance of a line in a chart for values in the future (like projections)? I would like to go from solid to dashed and keep the same color and weight. Either you format line pieces individually (manual work). Either you use 2 series to plot in the chart. Use IF functions to see on which series a given value should be shown. Use NA() for values that should not be plotted. -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "RhysPieces" wrote: > Using Excel 2007. Is it possible to change the appearance of a line...

Yikes! All chart series lines above the correct Y-axis value markers!
Hello, I'm not sure how I managed to sabotage my chart this way but if anyone has done something similar and was able to fix it, I would appreciate you advice. For example, Series 1 has a value of 4.1 but this point plotted at 4.6 on the y-axis. All points for each series in the chart have done this. Thanks, CJ On 11 Jun 2004 11:49:17 -0700, cgreen07@hotmail.com (CJ) wrote: >Hello, > >I'm not sure how I managed to sabotage my chart this way but if anyone >has done something similar and was able to fix it, I would appreciate >you advice. > >For example, Series ...

Help in making a simle column/line chart in excel using vb6
Hi, I want to make a simple column or line chart in excel using vb6. I have created instance of excel and in the sheet1, I am able to populate some data. Now using that data, say the range is A2-B6, I want to use that range and make a chart. Pls help by giving me code, step by step. Thx Sandeep Sandeep - Step 1. In Excel, turn on the macro recorder while making the kind of chart you want. Step 2. Refine the recorded code. Here is some recorded code, which creates an embedded column chart, adds axis and chart titles, and does a little formatting: '' START RECORDED CODE Sub...

Graph x Data table
I have a problem. My graph doesn't keep the number format of the data table. I want to compare different concentrations as 10 until 10000 using 10 raised to a power of 1, 2, 3 and 4. In the table I've got it, but in the graph the number doesn't stay raised. How is the solution for this problem? Thanks a lot, Sania I would suggest eliminating the data table and building a similar type of table using worksheet cells. The worksheet cells will allow much more flexibility with how the data is shown. Assuming an embedded chart, when you want to copy or print your graph you will ...

Drawing a line on a frame on a form
Folks Overall objective is to, somehow, create a tab control on a form without requiring any external controls. Somewhere, somewhen I came across some really nice sample code which uses code like the following. For I = 0 To EmailBody_TabsCount - 1 ' draw raised borders X1 = lblTab(I).Left ' for each lblTab Y1 = lblTab(I).Top - 4 X2 = lblTab(I).Left + lblTab(I).Width - 2 Y2 = lblTab(I).Top + lblTab(I).Height Me.Line (X1 + 1, Y1)-(X2 - 1, Y1), vb3DHighlight Me.Line (X1, Y1 + 1)-(X1, Y2), vb3DHighlight Me...

Goal line or target line to Excell 2007 Chart
Is there a simple way to add a "goal line" or "target" line to a chart? I've looked at the previous posts and can't seem to figure it out. Thanks! Hi, Have you look at these explanations? http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html Cheers Andy hawaiiham2000 wrote: > Is there a simple way to add a "goal line" or "target" line to a chart? I've > looked at the previous posts and can't seem to figure it out. Tha...

Fitting Line to Exponential Data
I should be able to do this but can't figure it out in Excel. I want to fit a line to some nonlinear data so I can project intermediate points. I gather I need the LOGEST function for this but I'm not able to make it work. Here are the X-Y pairs: X Y 4.5 0 6 18 10 49 20 77 45 99 Any help, with explanations, would be greatly appreciated so I can do this on my own next time. TIA John Smith - > I should be able to do this but can't figure it out in Excel. I want to fit a line to some nonlinear data so I can project intermediate points...

Add dynamic line to chart
Hi, I often have the need to add limit lines, average lines, Standard Deviation Lines, etc., to charts, but the way I do it currently is pretty clumsy. Is there a more elegant way to do it? Say that I'm producing a line chart that shows data values over time. I have time on the X axis and the data plotted on the Y axis. Then I want to put a horizontal line that shows where the Mean plus One Standard Deviation is. I currently do this by adding another column to my worksheet and putting the same number in each cell in that column where the number is the Mean plus One Standard Deviation...

Line
I'm plotting monthly and ytd data as columns on the x axis. And for the y axis, I'm showing a percentage that relates to the monthly data, not the ytd data. I've formatted the 4 sets of columns to "0 overlap" and "100 gap width". So, for each set of columns (month and ytd), the month and ytd columns are touching. Currently, the data point for percentage line on the y axis sits in the middle of each set of columns. But since the percentage data point really only relates to the monthly data, I was hoping to shift the line so the data points are over th...

Dynamically control how many lines on a graph?
I apologize if this is a FAQ, for some reason my newsreader isn't picking up any messages from this group (looks like no postings) so hopefully I'll be able to access responses, if not, I'll googlesearch for responses later today and tomorrow... ------------------------------------------------ I have many sets of data, all on the same sheet (in a repeated pattern- starting in row 1, then 11, then 21, etc) My single graph is based on named ranges, and the named range(s) are based on Steve Bullen's funchart1 (autoexpanding chart) to control how many x-axis values are shown- whic...

how do i send email through outlook2003 from command line
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: See Help in Outlook, using "command line" as the search string. -- Brian Tillman ...

Can't Scroll Text in a Single-line CEdit
Hello all, I have a problem with single-line CEdit controls. I have one where I put text into it, using SetWindowText(). And then I select part of that text, using SetSel(). But I need the caret to end up at the beginning of the selection, not the end. The user needs to see the start of the selection. How do I put the caret at the beginning of the selection and scroll the text back so you can see the caret? I tried something like this (which doesn't work): int iSelStart = GetIndexOfSelectionStart( pMyCEdit ); int iSelEnd = GetIndexOfLastChar( pMyCEdit ); pMyCEdit->SendMessage(EM...

To separate two line in a line chart
Hi all, I drew the confidence intervals (the vertical black lines) of each points in this line chart (please see below). However, the intervals would overlap at some places. In MS-Excel, is there any tip to shift one of the two lines a bit horizontally? So that I can prevent the overlapped intervals, especially as in black-and-white chart later. Thank you!! Seeing the figure, please click this url: http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgtvrqj3_10fr9frz HsinJen Chen Hi, You would need to create a new set of x values for one of the series by adding or subtracting a constant. The chart type...

blank subject lines
Outlook 2007. Where do I set the option to warn me about sending messages with blank subject lines? here is one way http://www.dotnetfunda.com/articles/article590-validate-blank-subject-warning-for-outlook-2007.aspx badgolferman wrote: > Outlook 2007. > > Where do I set the option to warn me about sending messages with blank > subject lines? > ...

making adjustment for the start bar on the side of the screen
I want my 2 windows to be tiled vertically. Window1 is on the left and needs 25% of the screen Window2 is on the right and needs 75% of the screen I've done this with something like the code below, but this doesn't take into account if the user has the start bar on the side. Is there a way to tell if it is, and how many pixels it's taking up? thanks, southernatheart lngHorizontal = System.HorizontalResolution lngVertical = System.VerticalResolution 'RESIZE THE EXISTING DOCUMENT Application.WindowState = wdWindowStateNormal Application.Move Left:=0.2 * lngHorizon...

Adding multiple lines of text within one cell
Is there a way, in excel, to add multiple lines of text to a cell? For example, I want to add a few bullet points (need hard return) but I want them to all appear within one cell. Thanks! not sure about the bullet points bit .. but ALT & ENTER will give you a line return within a cell. -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Michael" <groups@enthios.com> wrote in message news:BE8BDB15.5157%groups@enthios.com... > Is there a way, in excel, to add multiple lines of text to a cell? > For example, I want t...

how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragra
how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragraph. i need to have all subsequent paras indented. in my previous version of word when i set this in 'special' indent, i could easily undo that on any paragraph by using backspace. i am using word 2007. Open your normal.dotx template from within Word (using the Open command in the Office button), select the paragraph mark in the otherwise blank typing area (Show Non-Printing Characters: Ctrl- Shift-8), and apply the style Normal. Save the template. The next time you make a new document, the cursor will be at...

Caption bar implementation
The educational software that I am developing requires a non-standard appearance. I do need a caption bar for the application, but it must appear much different than a normal Windows caption bar (think ITunes or Winamp). The problem I have is, how can I implement the "move window" functionality in this caption bar control I am creating? What is the best way to do that? Hi, >The problem I have is, how can I implement the "move window" > functionality in this caption bar control I am creating? What is the best > way to do that? Based on my understandi...

datasheet subform scroll bar missing from initial record
I am having a display issue with a form that I am using as a subform in datasheet view. When run alone everything works fine but as a subform it does not initially display a vertical scroll bar even though there are more records than can be displayed in the space available. To see the other records it is necessary to use the navigation buttons on the keyboard to move down the list. Scroll bars will appear once navigation forces a row over the top end but all records below the original set of visible records will not show any dividing lines between rows. Once a user navigates to a record...

Data showing incorrectly on line chart
I'm having difficulty with a line chart. I've got two ranges of numbers of two types of calls (from 1972 through 2004) that goes up from 50 to 7700. My chart's Y axis has automatically decided to show from 0 to 16,000. On the chart itself, my data starts being placed at about 6,000 (for both 24 "F" calls and 649 "M" calls in the year 1972) and goes up to a point above 14,000 (for a figure that should only be just above 7000). When I hover over the points, it give me the right number, yet it shows it in the wrong place. I've tried to change the s...