Bar Graph Help

I'm trying to create a graph similar to the bar graph shown in the middle of
the dashboard in the link below labeled as "YTD % of target", but don't know
how to get the overlapping bars in excel.  Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

http://www.bonavistasystems.com/Download2/Airline%20Dashboard2.png

Here's one way to do it...

Add the YTD % series to your bar graph, and then format the series so that
it is on the secondary axis. XL will probably create a secondary X-axis, but
that will cause a distortion of the data. We need them to be plotted on the
same x-axis. Right click on chart, chart options. Under "Axes", turn on the
secondary y-axis, turn off the secondary x-axis, ok out. Format the
secondary y-axis to have no tick marks, no labels.

Now, format the series, options, increase the gap width so that the width of
this bar is smaller than the background bars.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Nelson B." <NelsonB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to create a graph similar to the bar graph shown in the middle
> of
> the dashboard in the link below labeled as "YTD % of target", but don't
> know
> how to get the overlapping bars in excel.  Can anyone advise?
>
> Thanks!
>
> http://www.bonavistasystems.com/Download2/Airline%20Dashboard2.png

0
Luke
5/11/2010 4:40:04 PM
Those are "Bullet" charts, presumably generated by the same package that
created the sparklines elsewhere in the report.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

On 5/11/2010 10:59 AM, Nelson B. wrote:
> I'm trying to create a graph similar to the bar graph shown in the middle of
> the dashboard in the link below labeled as "YTD % of target", but don't know
> how to get the overlapping bars in excel.  Can anyone advise?
>
> Thanks!
>
> http://www.bonavistasystems.com/Download2/Airline%20Dashboard2.png

0
Jon

help filling in documents
have a form opened in powerpoint and need help completing/adding text/words, etc. Am using trial version so no tech support available. Have tried understanding training info, but this is my FIRST TIME AT THIS and really need assistance. I may have to un in stall if can't get this going. I have Windows XP home ed. and have Microsoft Office 2007. ANY HELP WOULD BE WONDERFUL- I am sooo ignorant about this and cannot even navigate in the form after I open it in Powerpoint 2007 What do you mean by, "form"? What do you mean by, "document"? If you start...

Data Migration help needed...
I need help desparately from someone who has imported History records as completed Task in MSCRM through Data Migration Framework. In our situation, we have got our data from ACT to Access database through Export Pro (third party software). I have now contact and notes/ history table in Access. I am able to bring in contact records to MSCRM but not able to bring notes/history as completed tasks. I have populated cdf_Task table with the followings: Regardingobjectid = contactid Regardingobjecttypecode = 2 owningusername = domain\Administrator statecode = 1 statuscode = 5 I have also populate...

need help with hq p.o. planner
i'm trying to figure out how to enter a po number in headquarters as opposed to having headquarters automatically generate one. in the help topics for this is states that prior to approval you may click details and modify any information, including the p.o. number. when i do a po planner right now it will not allow me to edit p.o. number, status, p.o. date, total, sales tax, currency, exchange rate, tax rate. do i have something set incorrectly or something i'm doing wrong? Thanks for any help, Jim ...

OUTLOOK 2003
I have a problem.... My Outlook 2003 will not send out ANY email. The settings are correct the router is not a problem the connection is not the problem. I go into Outlook Express and can't send email either on this PC. However my laptop which has the exact same settings can send fine through Outlook or Express. Is there a registry error or something that it could be?? Virus protection is the same on both computers and all settings within Outlook are identical. Thanks, Mark What error do you get? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Nav...

Need help in removing large email from Outbox
How do I remove a large email from my outbox without it freezing up my computer and blocking me from sending new mail? I was trying to send a compassed file and it has frozen my computer each time I've tried to delete it. It there a way to stop this? ...

Help
We're adding approximately 1500 users to an AD OU for the state of Delaware. The domain logon names will be formatted First name.Lastname Example: Joe.Smith We're going to be populating an Exchange 2000/2003 information store with these 1500 new AD users. The SMTP address for these users will be "First Name.Last name@state.de.us" Example: Joe.Smith@state.de.us Currently these 1500 users are in an Exchange 5.5 information store, where their SMTP address is First initial Last name. Example: JSmith@dot.state.de.us Is there a mechanism to automate making the addre...

Outlook Rules Wizard Help needed
In Outlook 2000 or 2002 I am not able to get the rule wizard to apply a rule to messages that come from the same user more than once.......... I created a Rule which was set up to reply after the message arrives in my personal account and has the words "steps for task01" in the subject, using a template file that is set up with the appropriate information. This works fine the first time I have someone send an email to my personal account with the words "steps for task01" in the subject. It sends the proper reply email based on the template. But if I have the sam...

Cluster AND Stacked Bar chart
Hi All: I'm curious whether I can create a combination cluster AND stacked bar chart. I have a group of students I'm tracking out over a number of semesters. As semesters progress, I'd like to indicate the number that engage in a certain beahvior (stacked bars). I'm tracking four different cohorts. Ideally I'd like to lay the cohorts side-by-side. Furthmore, I'd like to display differences within each cohort by gender, ethnicity, age, and disability (cluster bars). By way of example, un my mind's eye I'd have a chart for gender that would group fou...

Guid showing in title bar
I have a problem where the guid for an account shows in the title bar after the http://servername and before the account name when the account entity is opened. My test installation does not do this. I have tried modifying all kinds of browser settings to no avail. Also, I can't find any setting in CRM to control this. Does anyone know what causes this behavior? Thanks, Don Shields Don, In System Settings, on the Customization Tab, check the Application Mode checkbox and see if that doesnt solve your problem. -- Bullitt Fitzhugh Independent Dynamics CRM Consultant "do...

Help with Memory Leak
Hi All, I use the code below to load a bitmap file to my program. void CStartupDlg::LoadPictureFile(HDC hdc, LPCTSTR szFile, CBitmap *pBitmap, CSize &mSize) { // open file HANDLE hFile = CreateFile(szFile, GENERIC_READ, 0, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, 0, NULL); _ASSERTE(INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE != hFile); // get file size DWORD dwFileSize = GetFileSize(hFile, NULL); _ASSERTE(-1 != dwFileSize); LPVOID pvData = NULL; // alloc memory based on file size HGLOBAL hGlobal = GlobalAlloc(GMEM_MOVEABLE, dwFileSize); _ASSERTE(NULL != hGlobal); pvData = ...

Adding Shared Folder Shortcut to Outlook Bar
I am using Outlook XP with Exchange Server, running on Windows XP. One user has a shared calendar that others in the company need to access, and all can do so using the conventional File: Open: Other User's Folder... command. However, we would like to be able to put the link to the shared calendar as an icon in the Outlook Shortcut bar. I am able to do it on my PC (by right-clicking in the shortcut bar, and the shared mailbox of the other user just appears as one of the choices, under my own, and from there I can expand to see their calendar). Other users don't see the shared mailb...

Menu Bar
I have Microsoft Ofice 98.The Menu bar under Insert does not have a "Page number. I tried the other suggestions under help and now I have a number at the top and bottom of the page which I cant delete. How do I get a page number under Insert on the Menu bar? I do not wish to retype the document. Thank you. Lill Hi Lillian, It's been a while, but I think it was the same in 98 as it is now. From Word's menu (you are talking about Word, aren't you?) choose View > Header and Footer. That turns on the header and footer toolbar, which has the insert buttons you are loo...

Formula Help!?!?!
I want to have an out come dependent upon values in two different columns. The 1st column values will be either A, B, or C. The second Column will be a value 0-30. I want the result in the third column to be dependent upon what letter is in the first column and the value in second. The results will be Gold, Silver, Bronze, None. Any help in this would be appreciated, I lost my Excel for Idiots book. example: if 1st is A and 2nd is 28-30=GOLD, 25.5-27.9=Silver, 23-24.4=Bronze, >23=None; if 1st is B and 2nd is 26-30=GOLD, 22-25.9=Silver, 19-21.9=Bronze, >19=None; if...

Excel Billing
Right now we have a billing system using Excel 2002 and we have to manually put in each work order number. Is there a way around this so it will automatically go to the next number so It keeps track OF INVOICES. Probably a stab in the dark but we are a charity organization and can't really afford the high end software. Thanks for any help JAS Quickbooks Simple Start is pretty cheap and can probably get the job done. <slush@albertaimit.ca> wrote in message news:ae6dn0djm0v3q87oiqmivn65rjtnqteplm@4ax.com... > Right now we have a billing system using Excel 2002 and we have...

Help! I did something to my database.
I was creating a subform within a form. While playing with this I hit some button. When I look @ the form in Datasheet view it looks like a table instead of a Form, but if I look @ it in Design view it looks like the form I created. Not sure what I did but something happen when I was playing with inserting it as a subform. Do anyone know what I could have changed to get this view? Help Please! In design view, set the Default View property of the form to single form. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Re...

how do you graph with year dates as IV1998, I 1999, etc
I have an assignment where the years are 1 1998, iv 1998, ....IV1999, ect, my data for it is normal like 100, 2323, stuff liek that but how would you grpah that I am confused. If you can do a line chart (rather than a scatter with lines) Excel will accept the text for the X axis. Otherwise, create a dummy series of numbers 1998 1998.25 1998.5 1998.75 for your quarter and another dummy series2 with the Y-axis minimum values for each time point. Use the first dummy series as your X axis, but hide the axis Then plot the second dummy series with just a "+" marker. Use a chart la...

Options help in Money 2004
I don't know why but my Options are showing the same exact dollar amount for Market Value and Gain. That can't be right as the price has to start at the strike price and the Gain would be anything above that strike price so it shouldn't match Market Value. I am tracking Vested stocks only, but not tracking via FIFO (although I changed it to FIFO to see if the price would change - it did not). Any ideas? ...

UserForms, Scroll bars and initial positioning of contents
I have created a UserForm in Excel 2007 to enable larger volumes of text to be displayed than is allowed by MsgBox. When the area defined by the UserForm is full then scroll bars appear. So far so good. But the box initially displays with the vertical scroll bar set at a position that show the bottom part of the text. What paramater should I set to make the initial display showi the Top of the text? TIA Chris "Chris Watts" <ng@ctwatts.plus.com> wrote in message news:kPadnbefttUhA1vQnZ2dnUVZ8rGdnZ2d@bt.com... >I have created a UserForm in Excel 2007 to enable larg...

Help with duplicate fields
Hi All, Supose I have a Products table with code and description fields: cod description --- ----------- 001 hamburger 002 cheesburger 003 hotdog In this particular case, duplicate codes are not a problem since the code is not a primary key,and similar items stocked at various facilities will have the same code, with another field being used to determine the specific stock item's location. So this looks more like the actual table: code loc description ---- --- ----------- 001 A hamburger 002 A cheesburger 003 A hotdog 001 B hamburger 002 B cheesburg...

I need HELP, formula for interest accrued daily.
I am trying to keep track of my floorplan costs daily. Basically I hav an amount (A) a rate (R) and a number of days of interest accruing (D) The principle amount will always be the same and does not get paid. Th interest is paid monthly and is compounded daily. For Instance: Amount = $1000 Rate = .07 (yearly) Days = 40 How much interest has accrued at the 40 day mark. My formula already calcs the # of days since interest starts accruin and goes up daily. I cannot figure out how to compound the interes daily. I have done it with simple interest but the figures are nearl half of actuall int...

Need Help with If Statement 12-31-07
The following code runs on Form Current: ---------------------------------------- Private Sub Form_Current() Dim strSQL As String Dim db As DAO.Database Set db = DBEngine(0)(0) strSQL = "INSERT INTO LastVisitedRecord ( lvCompanyID ) " _ & " VALUES ( " & Me.ID & " ) " db.Execute strSQL Set db = Nothing End Sub ---------------------------------------- However, when creating a new record, I receive an error on the INSERT INTO statement, because there is no value to insert. How would I construct an If statement with this ...

[ANN] New Help Topics available for Entourage 2008
Entourage 2008 Help now includes a feature that updates the Help files via online access. Recently added are ten new and updated topics. One that I have been asking for since it was left out in Entourage 2004 Help is a description of the symbols used in Entourage. Several topics are updated for MobileMe. You can view these new topics via Mactopia's Help and How-To or Entourage's Help. Continue reading to view all new Help topics. New Help Topics available for Entourage 2008 <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/08/new_help_topics_available.html> In case the above link does no...

Save as Macro in excel
Hi, I have a macro with these lines in it: FName = Cells(2, 2).Value ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=FName This works fine and saves the file as the value in the cell - however I want to be able to call the file by the value in three cells and also add some text, so the file name would look like: "Reference (Cells (2,2).Value) Region (Cells (4,2).Value) Day (Cells (5,2).value)" Can anyone help?????? -- Cillian dim myFileName as string with worksheets("Sheet99") myfilename = .cells(2,2).value & " Region " & .cells(4,2).value _ ...

Image Macro Help!
Hi, I am looking for help to create a macro but am not sure if what I want to do is possible. Is it possible to: (1) Have an image open on the fly from a drive directory instead of storing the image permenantly in a cell (2) Is it possible to automatically have the (A1) field on ANY worksheet by default? Thank you for your time and thoughts!!!! On May 5, 6:27=A0am, bcap <r...@patriots.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am looking for help to create a macro but am not sure if what I want > to do is possible. > > Is it possible to: > > (1) Have an image open on the fly f...

how do I graph asymptotes in Excel
If I have x values in col A and y values as the function =((3*A1)+2)/(A1-3), .... Ahh, I think I just found it, where the denominator is the unknown number (DIV/0), in this case x=3, leave an empty row for the x and y values. That got rid of the annoying connecting line that crosses the horizontal and vertical asymptotes shown in the XY Scatter with smooth lines chart. Hope this helps someone else. Thanks. ...