bar diagraphs

How do you make a bar diagraph on excel?
0
Kester (2)

Start by having a read of this.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

How to have fx in formula bar instead of =
I have one version of excel that has an fx (function) button in the formula bar. When I put a function into the formula bar, the required inputs are listed for me in a drop down reminder. I have another machine that doesn't do this. How do i turn this on? thanks, Geoff Geoff This was a feature (Function Tool tips) added to Excel XP. It's not available in versions before this -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Geoff" <geoffreynd@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1122494056.542499.263030@g44g2...

How do I write text on a bar chart using VBA
I have a worksheet with various bar charts. I want to write text inside the bar but cannot figure out the correct control name to modify the text. Any help is appreciated You can add a data label to the data point. With ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Points(1) .HasDataLabel = True With .Datalabel .Caption = "Hello" .Position = xlLabelPositionCenter .Orientation = xlUpward '' and more if desired End With End With - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Barney wrote: > ...

Count of new emails is wrong in Outlook shortcuts bar
Hello, I've got Outlook 2002 SP3 and have the Shortcut bar visible on the left side of the screen. The inbox says there are 6 new messages when in fact there are only 2 new messages. If I go in and mark those 2 as read, the Shortcut bar says there are 4 when in fact there are none. Is there a way to fix this so it displays the correct number? It was working fine up until yesterday and I've had this computer with this version installed for over a year. Thanks for the help. Mark Try scrolling all through your Inbox - happened to us when 'someone' sent us emails from a ...

Bar graph with data points from another data series
Hi there! I've got a bar graph with clusters of 3 bars for a few different families, and I'd like to add another series of data in a data point with each bar. Basically, I need to graph a child's performance on a task along with a parent's performance on that task. There are 3 tasks per family. I would like the parent's performance to be in a bar graph and the child's in a simple data point for that same task (plotted on top of each other). Any ideas? FYI, here's sample data for one family: family 1 child parent task 1 5 20 task 2 ...

[in horz.bar+chart] Disply dates on value axis?
Something about selcting - 'date option'. But, where, how? -- Boswell You can only select the time scale option for a category axis. This is the axis that the bars grow out of. If you need dates on the value axis, you can simply select a date number format, and provide numerical dates for the Y values. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Boswell" <boswell6@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:01A192F9-6684-4B2A-815F-1F6C65528B4F@microsoft.com... > Something about selcting - 'date o...

Stacked Bar with a Line
I know that I have done this before, but I cannot remember how....I have five series of data that I have stacked as a stacked bar chart and I want the total to be shown as a line on the top of the bars how do I do this. For example: House A B C Cats: 1 2 0 Dogs: 2 3 1 Birds 1 4 2 Total 4 9 3 Cats, Dogs and Birds values are stacked, and I need a line at the top for "Total" animals. Laura - Chart all four series as stacked columns (columns are vertical, bars horizontal, as far as Microsoft is concerned), then right click the Total bar, which towers above th...

Outlook 2007
Using Outlook 2007 When I send an email, I notice that the status bar on the bottom of the screen states that 3 emails are being sent. It says 'Sending message 3 of 3' when I know only one email is being sent. I usually force each send with the send/receive button, so its not because I have pending emails in the outbox. Does anyone know why this is? Could this be because I manage 3 accounts from Outlook during the send/receive action so it considers How can I get Outlook to show me exactly what is being sent (rather than just looking at the sent box at what h...

Bars not showing up
I am trying to create a bar chart that shows the square footage of particular buildings and when they expire. I have my X axis as the expiration years and the Y axis as the square footage. I cannot get each building to show up on my chart. Please help. Since you're doing bar instead of column, are you sure you don't have the axis reversed? "jridgley1207" wrote: > I am trying to create a bar chart that shows the square footage of particular > buildings and when they expire. I have my X axis as the expiration years and > the Y axis as the square footage. I c...

STATUS BAR SIZE
Is there a way to increase the size of the status bar and the information that appears on it? Hi Joe AFAIK this can't be changed -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Joe wrote: > Is there a way to increase the size of the status bar and > the information that appears on it? Hi Joe! I've tried all the settings in Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display > Appearance None seem to affect the Status bar. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) ...

how do I keep my tool bar on the top of my work?
My tool bar used to show when I brought up a page to use. Now my tool bar is very limited. I have to press the Home button or some other button to see the tool bar each time I need something. How can I keep my tool bar showing so I can make choices without pressing the Home button each time? Hi, It sounds like you are in 2007 and talking about the ribbon? Double-click any tab - Home tab will do. If you double-click a tab you hide/unhide the ribbon. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Gwen" wrote: > My tool bar used to show when I b...

Vertical bar on the left of my folders has diappeared
I have Windows XP SP3. Until about a week ago in folders in "My Documents" e.g. My Pictures folder I had a vertical bar on the left with a number of links e.g. "Email this file" and "Copy to CD" etc. etc. This bar has now completely disappeared and is no longer there. Could someone please advise what could have happened and how to get it back again please. > I had a vertical bar on the left with a number of > This bar has now completely disappeared Tools > Folder Options > General (x) Show common tasks in Folder Lg Marcello ...

"Run Query" in status bar
Hi All, Is it possible to display the progress of a query in the bottom left of the database application, but instead of having the text say "Run Query", have it say some text that I determine. how can you know where the query is at ? the answer is you can't, You can't even approximate the time it will take sometime a query can take 1 second and another 10 sec depending on the database usage. So it's impossible I'm affraid you'll have no fun with queries. But with Recordset you could use the following: SysCmd acSysCmdInitMeter SysCmd acSysCmdUpdateMeter SysC...

Custom Error Bars in Excel 2007
When choosing the option to add a custom error bar in Exel 2007 and trying to set the range to a worksheet that does not contain the chart I receive an error in Excel that closes down Excel. The steps I perform are: 1. Click on a bar in my chart 2. Click Layout 3. Click the drop down for error bars 4. Click more error bar options... 5. Choose custom and click specify value. 6. Click to set the range where this is then displayed ={1}. As soon as I change to the worksheet to set the range Excel errors out and shuts down. I have recreated this on more than one machine and the result is t...

Publisher 2007, should have the tool bar like Word 2007
I think Microsoft Publisher 2007 should have the toolbar like Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint 2007, not the menus. I like the toolbar, it is more user friendly. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/defa...

Dsipalying icon in task bar
hi my app does not having a title bar . how to display a icon in the task bar for it. becos it is not coming in the task bar since there is not title bar Thanks ...

Deletion of Outlook Task Bar
Hi There, I have accidently deleted my default Outlook Task Bar. I manully re-created a new Outlook Task bar but it's not the same as the original. Any thoughts or tricks on how to get it back. Thank you for your help. Regards, Paul are you talking about the Outlook Bar on the left side of the window in Ol98/2000/2002? Close outlook, find and rename the *.FAV file and see if outlook recreates it for you when it reopens. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://...

Add space between bars
Hello, I have a graph depicting a number of groups of bars. I can easily create spaces between the groups (options --> gap width), but not between the single bars! Anyone an idea how to do that? Thanks! Cheers, coco ...

grayscale plot with bars
Hi, is Excel able to color the bars of a bar chart according to the height of the respective bar? The surface plot would be an alternative but I cannot change the colors? Can anybody help? Chris Hi, You might be able to use the conditional chart work around, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx On a surface chart you can adjust the value banding by double clicking the legend. If you select an individual legend entry you can then format it's colour. Cheers Andy chris.ammann@googlemail.com wrote: > Hi, > > is E...

scroll bars in excell
How do I get my vertical and horizontal scroll bars to return to what I would think is a simple excell spreadsheet. Am running windows xp. Cannot appear to find a drop down tool to assist. Have to arrow up/dn and sideways to move around sheet. "Tools", "Options", "View Tab - Window Options", "Display Hz Scrollbar/Vert Scrollbar" Mark. "pierre" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bc3a01c3b964$ef9edd60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I get my vertical and horizontal scroll bars to > return to what I would th...

Reports and Ribbon Bar
I open up a report. When I maximize the report, I lose the ability to minimize or restore to it's original size from the ribbon, i.e., the icons to the far right are lost. Why is this happening. This works fine in earlier releases of Access - but when rolled out to Access 07 - the button's disappear. Any help or can someone advise what's different? Hi David. The disappearing buttons (preview, close) are a known issue with Access 2007. Even if you copy the Close button from the Print Preview toolbar to your own toolbar, it may not work (e.g. in MDE.) Hopefully these issu...

Bar graph pop-up infomation
Hello all, When your mouse pointer is hovering over a bar, it gives you information, like the dollar amount or any number your using for graph. Is there a way to also show data from the adjacent cell? E.g. A1 has a $ amount and B1 has a check number. I would like to see both information come up. Thanks You can probably set up a custom mouse over label. Check out the Chart Hover Labels utility on Tushar Mehta's site: http://tushar-mehta.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ ...

Bar Graph #2
I need some help. I have a bar graph that has values ranging from 98% to 4%. My boss would like me to show the garph maximum value at 10%. He want to show all bar but at the ones above the 10% he would like to show a break in the bar and then show the % at the top. He says he has seen it before and it looks like the bar was pulled apart and it show the bottome portion up to 10% and then a small portion above the 10% line. He says the edges at the top looks like a riped piece of paper. Does anyone know how to do this in done? Not attempting to solve your problem. But just want ...

custom tool bar
Windows XP sp1, Office XP sp2, a custom tool bar is setup in Excel, user left for a few days without the computer, user logs in and opens Excel, the custom tool bar is gone. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you. ...

Top Bar
How can I change the top bar to display numbers rather then letters? Hi Beany This isn't possible ! However, you can put your letters in the top row of the worksheet and then hide the column headers by going to tools/options/view and uncheck row and column headers. You can then put your cursor anywhere in the second row and select Window/Freeze Panes to keep your new column headers in view all the time. HTH Michael "beany" wrote: > How can I change the top bar to display numbers rather then letters? Yes You can!!!! Tools>options>General>Select 'R1C1 Refe...

Custom Tool Bar
Hi, I created a custom tool bar in mdb form and converted to mde. When I place it in a share drive and give each user a copy of the front end the user opens the front end and it's the default Access tool bar menu and not the custom tool bar that i created. Why isn't the custom tool bar not locked and show the same in other users? ...