Bar chart & Category (x) axis labels #2

If you make a bar chart in Excel 2003, and have two
columns of text as Category (x) axis labels, the first
column is shown vertical and the text in the second column
is shown horizontal in the chart.

If you open/make the same chart in Excel 97, the text in
both columns is shown horizontal.

If there is a lot of text, it becomes unreadable when it's
vertical.
Is this by design or can it be fixed somehow?
0
airia1 (2)

save as pipe delimited #2
hi, just an appendage: i found another link, which provides a file by Earl which does this. http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=265998&highlight=pipe+delimited i am not able to figure out where to input the filename for the data t be picked up from. any information regarding this would be helpful. thanks, mac -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26877 ...

5.2.1 NDR
I have an issue with users unable to send messages to mail-enabled public folders in the same organization. Email can be sent to the public folder from outside. I found this is a pretty common issue but nothing helped resolve my issue. It appears to be fixed in SP2 however I am still having problems. I looked at the KB articles listed below and verified the Anonymous user has the appropriate rights. I see there was a hotfix in Exchange 2003 RTM and SP1. I also looked at all the AD permissions and the Exchange Enterprise Server group has permissions that was mentioned in various...

My charts are red
Why are my charts red? I thought it was my color printer, but I changed the cartridge. On print preview the charts, title, axis titles and everything else is red. How can I change it all back to black? Thanks, Sam ...

importing statements #2
I'm getting an error when trying to import my bank statement. It reads "A transaction in the QIF file has a date that could not be resolved and therefore was not recorded into your Money file. Check your Regional Settings in the Windows Control Panel to make sure they match the date format of the QIF file, and then try importing the file again." Please help! Thanks ...

how can i graph with log-log scales? #2
I wish to graph pricing curves using a logarithmic x-axis. Is this possible with Excel? If so, how do I do it? AirdromeTom - > I wish to graph pricing curves using a logarithmic x-axis. Is this > possible with Excel? If so, how do I do it? < Use an XY (Scatter) chart type. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

sorting by date #2
I am having trouble sorting a table by date. When I choose to sort th column by date - it sorts it alphabetically by date - i.e. with Augus coming first. How can I have Excel sort chronologically, when the date include month, day, yea -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It sounds as if the dates are formatted as text. You can change this to an Excel date value by inserting a helper column and using the following formula (assuming your dates are in column A: =DATEVALUE(A1) and copying down. Excel will then recognize the values as date values, not text, and will sort chronol...

Can we Take layaway payments from store #2
Hello, I have a customer that would like to make a payment on his layaway at out other location. Can this be done? and how? -- Reynold Cycle This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_04C2_01C70A46.94719A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jose, Not without an add-on, which I've never seen to do this. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=...

Stack graphs and different categories
I want to create a stacked graph showing different categories. The Y axis is the number of respondants (preferably as a percentage) The X axis is for things such as Age group, sex, occupation class. For each one I want a stack with the different categories (so, age group would be for example 10 - 20, 21-30 etc). Can this be done at all? I'm really desparate as I need this doing today! Thanks Hi, You need to lay your data out like this, B1:=10 -20 C1:=21-30 D1:=31-40 E1:=Male F1:=Female G1:=AB H1:=C I1:=DE A2:=Age B2:=3 C2:=5 D2:=2 A3:=Sex ...

Business Portal Install Error #2
I am installing BP 3 on a GP 9 server which is running Win2k3. SQL 2K is on same server with an instance name (Not a Default server). When I try to install BP I receive a error. Declaring Type : Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.PCITeam.Install.BP.Packager.Packager. Target Site : LoadPackagerComponents Error Summary : Failed Loading Packager Data Element (PD_GP_COMMON) for Install Feature (BusinessPortal). and it was hanged with the following message Please wait while the setup wizard installs Microsoft Dynamics GP Business Portal. This may take several minutes. Status Loading data 1 of 21 T...

can't save files in subfolders using Word #2
I'm running Word on a Mac running OS X. When I go to save a file in Word, it only gives me the option to save in the root files like "Documents" or "Applications." How do I save the file into a subfolder? On a PC, I would double click to open the folders until I got to the folder I needed. That doesn't work here. Can someone help? I'm sure this is something obvious I'm missing. Thanks - Taylor In article <1163740041.258317.226140@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, taylorgriffin@gmail.com wrote: > I'm sure this is something obvious I'...

Trendline covering up error bars
Hello-- How can I change the order of the trendline and data set? My trendline is covering up my error bars... I want them on top. Any way to do this? Thanks, Jennifer jenant@gmail.com -- itgoeson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ itgoeson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25793 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391979 A chart has certain layers, and the orcer of the layers cannot be changed, only the order of objects within a layer. Trendlines go on top of almost an...

combine stacked and cluster bar?
I have values that I want to see stacked and clustered. For example, want values 6 and 10 stacked on one line for June for agent A, the values 1 of 2 on the second line for agent A, Then the same type o value structure for agent B. But excel has value 6 and 10 stcked in with 1 and 2 on the same lin for agent A. How do I seperate them -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns. Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm and the ...

Office v.X for Mac Compatibility Issues with Office 2007

Exporting the chart automatically
I am exporting charts from my spreadsheets to folders with html pages so people can browse the charts. The HTML code refrences the pre set locations. I can make a button press automate the creation, exporting etc but I cant run it without going into the spreadsheet. The reason I dont want to is because I dont want certain people to be able to run the update because it needs to be run at an exact time. If I could automate it somehow it would always be perfect and so I could forget about it and the charts would be created and updated themselves. Thanks for any suggestion. Rob ...

toolbar macros #2
I've gone through the routine to assign a macro to a toolbar button, even down to getting the option to select the macro, but it isn't permanent. When I click on the button afterwards,I get the same dialog to assign the macro. However, I can permanently assign the same macro to a graphic in the sheet. Second quandary - Can I assign that same macro to a cell which has only text? ...

Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007 #2
Hi guys, I have been asked to prepare a spreadsheet that uses conditional formatting on another cell. What it needs to do is that is a cell contains a particular value i.e. between 2 and 6 the adjacent cell will turn say blue, but the issue is that there is up to 6 different rules that could be applied to that one cell. All of these rules then need to work for the subsequent entries. If anyone could help me with this issue I would be very grateful. Many Thanks Didi On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 03:10:07 -0700 (PDT), didi <diane.bush@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: >Hi guys, > >I have been a...

Excel 2002 error message #2
i am getting the following message in Excel 2002 "an outgoing call cannot be made since the application is dispatching an input-sychronous call". this appears when copying some cells in the spreadsheet. Any ideas? ...

Excel Charting (help)
Hi everyone, Can anyone help? I am having difficutly chart what I thought would be easy..:-) I have 500 rows of dates in one column. (there is lots of other information-data on the sheet). I want to plot a line graph with the Dates on the X and NUMBER OF DATES (ie counta) on the Y axis... The only way I know how to do this is to place a number 1 to 500 in the respective cell next to the date... and then plot it.... is there a better way?? Excel 97 & NT :-( Hi Steve, From your message it appears the data in the column of interest has many repeat values. Do you know the unique ...

How do I compare 2 worksheets, 1 old, 1 updated to find difference
I have 2 large worksheets of text information, the 2nd being an update of the first, I need to identify/highlight the updated fields. Is there a way to do this? There is a workbook compare add-in by Myrna Larsen and Bill Manville on Chip Pearson's site you might try: http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "alienstew" <alienstew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1CD24D8-93AB-47CA-AAF0-708A4D3EA14C@microsoft.com... |I have 2 large worksheets of text information, the 2nd being an update of the | first, I need to identify/highlig...

TOOL BAR
How do you add "print" and "tools" to Word? Add the commands to the Quick Access Toolbar. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "jane" <jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AD3D9D1-ECC9-4F4F-B7D7-EAAA51CF2942@microsoft.com... > How do you add "print" and "tools" to Word? http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/qat/qat.htm -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "jane" <jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Charts change the place
Hi I have some files created in Excel 2003 but when I open them in Excel 2007 many of the charts change thier place. Once I set the place and save the file and again when I open the file I face the same situation. Is there a solution of this? Avi ...

journal of x and z reports
We normally journal our receipts so they are immediately available for electronic reference when a customer wants to do a return or exchange. While this is helpful, we don't feel all that comfortable journaling daily X reports and Z reports. Is it possible to turn the journaling feature off for only these reports? You could probably achieve this by setting up a second receipt template that only has the x/z report chosen then setup a 2nd printer inside the register properties, uncheck 'Journal Receipts' and choose the x/z report receipt template. RMS should only print to the ...

Replicating Chart Apperance with Macro
Hi. I've written a macro to help me at work. Basically it mass produces charts and pastes them into Word. The problem I'm having is that I can't exactly replicate the manually created chart apperance - mainly due to the resizing that is need to insert the document into word (legend and chart area size). If you have any tips or advice it would be most appreciated. Thanks for your help. Bryan Bryan - You should record macros for all the pieces of your procedure. Somewhere you must resize the chart manually: see what the syntax and sizes are in the recorded code. Record w...

total is sum of stacked charts
I have stacked charts that show the total as 50% of the stack ... I want the stack to be the components?? what am I doing wrong?? Do you have a total series? Then it's the large bar stacked on all the rest. It is then the top 50% of the total total, because the other series make up the bottom 50%. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Leo wrote: > I have stacked charts that show the total as 50% of the stack ... I want the > stack to be the components?? what am I doing wrong?? ...

2 Exchange Servers in the Same Domain
Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi, Please help as I'm new to Exchange.... I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in the same domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to gateway VPN. If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal address list and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives @ the server B's inbox? Is there a way to track it? K.J.B. You can enable message tracking... http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/The_Exchange_Message_Tracking_Center_or_How_to_Save_Your_A_in_a_Pinch.html CA...