Bar Chart #6

Hi All

I have a bar chart with different percentages displayed as the columns. Or
target is 70%. Is it possible to have a target line added to the bar chart to
show how many meet the target?

In a line graph I just add a target column to create the target line but
this will not work with a bar chart

Any help greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Rexmann
0
rexmann (52)

opps forgot to say using Excel 2003

"rexmann" wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have a bar chart with different percentages displayed as the columns. Or
> target is 70%. Is it possible to have a target line added to the bar chart to
> show how many meet the target?
>
> In a line graph I just add a target column to create the target line but
> this will not work with a bar chart
>
> Any help greatly appreciated
>
> Kind regards
>
> Rexmann
0
rexmann (52)
8/6/2007 11:22:02 AM
Hi,

Details can be found here.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"rexmann" <rexmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I have a bar chart with different percentages displayed as the columns. Or
> target is 70%. Is it possible to have a target line added to the bar chart
> show how many meet the target?
>
> In a line graph I just add a target column to create the target line but
> this will not work with a bar chart
>
> Any help greatly appreciated
>
> Kind regards
>
> Rexmann

0
andy9699 (3616)
8/6/2007 11:29:45 AM
Hi Andy

Nice one, sorted my problem

Cheers rexmann

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Details can be found here.
> http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm
>
> Cheers
> Andy
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "rexmann" <rexmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> >
> > I have a bar chart with different percentages displayed as the columns. Or
> > target is 70%. Is it possible to have a target line added to the bar chart
> > show how many meet the target?
> >
> > In a line graph I just add a target column to create the target line but
> > this will not work with a bar chart
> >
> > Any help greatly appreciated
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > Rexmann

0
rexmann (52)

IE8 and norton 360 tool bar
norton tool bar inop since i upgraded to IE8, norton asks if IE8 is 32 or 64 bit, i dont know google do i have 32-bit or 64-bit internet explorer --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est tomv wrote: > norton tool bar inop since i upgraded to IE8, norton asks if IE8 is 32 or 64 > bit, i dont know Contact Norton Support. tomv wrote: > norton tool bar inop since i upgraded to IE8, norton asks if IE8 is 32 or > 64 > bit, i dont know Forget the Google suggestion above (for once). Just see this KB article; it provides exactly the answer to your question: h...

Can't send a link from IE 6
Installed Outlook 2003 recently, and now I cannot send a link to a page from IE6. I ran Tweakol2003 so I can receive links, etc. Something really simple I'll bet, but I have looked thru the help files and have not hit on it yet. Thanks for any guidance ... John Patch <fred@hotmail.com> wrote: > Installed Outlook 2003 recently, and now I cannot send a link to a > page from IE6. I ran Tweakol2003 so I can receive links, etc. How do you know you can't send it? -- Brian Tillman Usually when the you try and send a link, a Outlook form comes up over the IE screen jus...

Excel 2007 Chart in VB6 Program
I have another thread in the VB group and was told to post to these two groups so sorryfor the multi-post. Ill post there again just in case folks want to follow the thread. So I've had a Visual Basic 6 app (as an EXE) that has worked great for the last 9 years or so. Up until Excel 2003 I have had to make minimial changes for it to work properly. The app has an OLE control which acts as a container for many different external sources .In this control I embed an Excel workbook and display a chart sheet. I can interact with the workbook through the normal means of Excel programming objects...

Missing Title Bar
I don't know what I did. Now the title bar of my document is missing, and the document is in a fixed position below my toolbar. I cannot minimize or expand my document. Please help. Thanks in advance, you rock! Sounds to me like you maximized the spreadsheet. If this is the case look in the upper left corner of excel. You should see a Min, Norma and Max buttons for excel. Below these, you should see another set o Min, Normal and Max buttons which is for the spreadsheet. Click th middle one (normal) to return to the original way of viewing. -- Message posted from http://www.Exce...

how do I recover charts within an excel workbook?
The workbook had many charts that were previously visible. Now, upon opening the file, the charts are no longer visible. How to I reactivate them to appear? thanks ...

FRx scroll bars
It seems that FRx scroll bars 'freeze' sometime when my client is using drilldown viewer. They have to log out of it and go back in to get them active again. They are on FRx 6.7.9111. Is that an issue that you have seen before? -- Janey Yes, it seems to be a bug in the latest service pack. It didn't happen prior to applying the SP. Tell them to not to use the arrow buttons to scroll - either drag the little scroll button or click in the scroll bar to scroll up and down. That should prevent the scroll bar freeze. Another bug in the latest SP - exporting to Excel doesn...

Problem with Asset Allocator pie charts
Everything "seems" to be working fine with Money 2005 Premium (after restarting the program multiple times). I'm having a problem with many of the pie charts. They do not show up at all. I upgraded from Money 2004. Any ideas? I'm running Windows XP Professional if that's of any help. Thanks, Patrick I've seen them going on a new file on Win XP Pro - do you get them on a new file, or do they not appear on both a new and old one? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;...

Draw line in a chart
I have the following problem. I have a chart (date on x axis) on which I draw a line. How can I obtain the ending points of the line in order to compare, mathematically, their positions to corresponding values of chart at the same date? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements I'm sure your post makes perfect sense to you and might to other readers, but I am los...

how to chart who was working when
Hi there, I'm looking for some help in producing a chart. My organization has hired about 100 folks since 1991, each on contracts of varying lengths of time. Some peoples' contracts have ended, and some have been renewed. I set up some worksheets inputting their names, start and end dates with the intent of producing a graph that will tell me exactly how many people were working for us at one time, based upon 6 month intervals. For example: John Doe 7/29/91 - 3/31/05 Jane Doe 6/21/94 - 2/20/96 Jake Doe 8/2/01 - 4/18/03 I would like a chart that can tell me how many people w...

Pivot Chart: Stop skipping Dates on X-Axis
I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for each day. Except somedays which may have only the one piece of data from Table 2 or none at all. How do I get the table to automatically fill in all the days whether they have information or not? =?Utf-8?B?UHJpbmNl?= <Prince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A5EF53AB-6063-434F-BFC3-43259301751D@microsoft.com: > I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one > table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for &...

About FRx 6.7 for Great Plains 8.0
"Table Failed to Open" has been prompted after generating the report even I was using the sample provided. How could it be solved? Hi Alexis, This sounds like a connection problem with your database(s), maybe both the samples andd/or your live GP data. Are you able to quickly perform a "dump" of the chart of accounts in a new row format. Steps = New Row Format >> Edit >> Add Rows from chart of accounts You may also want to check your settings under: Company >> Information and confirm that your ODBC settings are correct ( or pervasive if you are ...

email charts
I have an excel workbook file containing many department sales charts that recieve data from a group of central data entry spreadsheets. Each department chart resides on its own sheet. Is there a way to email individual chart sheets (or snapshots of the chart sheet) to the respective departments without sending the entire parent file to all recipients? Thanks, Mnaut You could export the chart as a gif file, then email that file to the department. The following code creates a gif file from the active chart: '============================ Sub ExportChartGIF() ActiveChart.Export Filenam...

Pivot charts formatting
Hi, I want to change the formatting imposed by default in a pivot chart and I want that changed formatting to be retained permanently. For example, for my bar chart, for the different series I have selected colours / patterns but every time I refresh the pivot table / chart; excel falls back to its own colour coding. Any way to get around this? Many thanks in anticipation. Not directly. The only way to simulate this is to record a macro of the formatting changes that you make and then set it up to run whenever the PivotChart calculates. Assuming your pivot chart is on a seperate shee...

see chart from pushing button
how would I see a chart from pushing a button on the spreedsheet ? ...

pie-charting non-numeric data
I would like to chart and graph responses to a survey that are non-numeric in nature, such as a bar graph for "yes" and no" responses to a question. Or in particular a pie chart that shows how many people picked option "P" vs. "K", "J" or "N". For the pie chart I have a column of data cells, each containing one of the four letters. In short, how do I accomplish charting and/or graphing non-numeric responses? So you have a column of Yes/No or P/K or J/N? Construct a pivot table of this range, and you can produce counts of each value...

can't delete inbox on Outlook 6
I need help in deleting 368 messages in the in basket on my boss' computer. Trying all the obvious methods of deleting, the program does not react to anything. (delete key on keyboard, command on menu, etc.) I know there must be a way to remove these messages (one is increidbly long and perhaps the villian...been in the inbox since early October!). Since this is my boss' computer, is there anyone that can make me look like a hero? thanks, debe Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a q...

Excel 2003: How to make transparent columns in Excel chart?
If you create a bar plot froma given dataset you can format the columns by right clicking and choosing the desired options. In the tab that opens there is a slider which is supposed tho set the level of transparency of the column (selceted area). But so far i couldn't find a way how to use this slider. I know that there is an alternative way to get transparent bars by creating a rectangular object formating it and the use copy -> paste. But i wonder what is the slider for if you can't use it? Does anybody know have an idea? Cheers, Thomas ...

Switching x-axis & y-axis on line chart
I am working with a large data spreadsheet with year, number and currency data. My problem is when I extract data to create a standard line chart, the chart is defaulting to a specific x-axis and y-axis format with data related to each axis. For visualization purposes, I would prefer to have the data that is currently presented on the x-axis to instead be presented on the y-axis. And likewise, I would like the y-axis data be presented in the x-axis. However, I have been unable to figure out how to do this and the MS Excel Help menu does not seem to address this. Can anyone help? If ...

Stack Bar Charts
I have yearly information that I would like to graph in a stacked bar chart. I have years 2005 to present Two companies I am comparing with two variables for each company each year. I would like to have the stack bar chart by year reflect the stack of Co A vs Co B on variable 1 + 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You want a clustered-stacked chart: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-bar-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Sean wrote: > ...

personal income and expenditure chart
can anybody give me a personal income and expediture chart please Thanks Mike mikeyboy87 wrote: > can anybody give me a personal income and expediture chart please > Thanks Mike You can do this in Excel but why re-invent the wheel? Quicken or Money have far more tools and options. If money is an issue try checking ebay. I purchased Quicken 2004 for about $10 including shipping. It isn't the latest and greatest but it does what I need it to do. gls858 ...

turning off formula bar
I can't remember or find how to turn off the formula bar in Excel 2003? Can someone help please. This is the bar that displays cell contents up top. Thanks! --Randy Starkey Tools>Options>View tab, uncheck Formula bar -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Randy Starkey" <randy.starkeyNOSPAM@NOSPAMvictorychurch.com> wrote in message news:12kcghhahv0oif4@corp.supernews.com... |I can't remember or find how to turn off the formula bar in Excel 2003? Can | someone help please. This is the bar that displays cell contents up top. | | Thanks! | | --...

Chart drilldown to data
I have a client that has MS Excel 2000 bar charts made from worksheet data series. He wants to be able to click on a chart object such as a bar and have the source data come to the front. I have tried to put buttons over the chart but I can't change the button color to match the chart. I can change the chart bar to be the gray color of the button but that is not desirable. Is their a way to send the button to the back behind the chart and still get the button to respond to a click? Is there any way to turn a worksheet cell into a button? The only way I can see is to place a button ov...

Charting challenge/query
The following quote is posted on behalf of a client using Windows and Office 2003 Standard. Please email responses directly to me, too, since I do not read this group much. Any help/insight would be most appreciated. I'll do my best to relay any questions people have and bring back any answers to said questions. <quote> The Goal: In an effort to come up with a new way of looking at organizational structure, I employed Excel's 'Donut Chart' function. My goal was to have the head of the organization in the middle of the chart and then that person's direct re...

How to "freeze" chart & separate it from it's Data
I would like to produce a chart and then rearrange the data to produce a separate chart. Is there a way of separating a chart from it's data so that I can take the data and after rearrangement, produce another chart? Hi, Here is some information on how to de-link chart and data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Rooky228" <Rooky228@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B519787-DF2D-4C1C-B941-DBC1FD054184@microsoft.com... >I would like to produce a c...

Outlook 2000 not sync-ing with Outlook Express 6
I have just installed Outlook Express 6 on my laptop...but for some reason it is not sync-ing with my Outlook 2000 running at my office. Emails are not showing up on my laptop if already displayed (not necessarily opened) and vice versa. For example, I now have (2) New/Unread in my inbox email on Outlook 2000 that there's no corresponding new emails since it was already displayed on my laptop via Outlook Express 6. How do I remedy this out of sync problem? What do you mean? Outlook Express has nothing to do with Outlook. They would never "sync." -- Russ Valentine [M...