automaticly create graph

what i would like to do is create a spread sheet where by i entered the fixed
and variable costs as well as the selling price. i would then like a graph to
automaicly change and display the this info.
Does anyone know how to do this.
0
dunc (2)

Decide which cells on the spreadsheet you wish to include in the chart.
Select those cells.  Follow the menu option: Insert/ Chart, and answer the
questions in the wizard.

Have you looked in Excel help at the topics concerned with charts, starting
with "Create a chart"?

Have you looked at the training material under
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/training/CR061831141033.aspx
including
http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC011055061033
http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC011097791033
http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC011185911033 ?

Do you have a specific question?
--
David Biddulph

"dunc" <dunc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> what i would like to do is create a spread sheet where by i entered the
> fixed
> and variable costs as well as the selling price. i would then like a graph
> automaicly change and display the this info.
> Does anyone know how to do this.

0
David
2/3/2009 7:01:30 PM
thank you very much i feel a bit silly now as i did not realise the graph
changes as i change the values. i thought once it was created it was fixed.

"dunc" wrote:

> what i would like to do is create a spread sheet where by i entered the fixed
> and variable costs as well as the selling price. i would then like a graph to
> automaicly change and display the this info.
> Does anyone know how to do this.
0
dunc (2)

Creating PivotTable in Excel2007
How do you create a Pivot Table in Compatibility Mode in Excel 2007. The PivotTable need to be refreshed in Excel 2003. ...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #3
I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it prompts me about creating a mail box. It says it's creating a mailbox, then it's done. But no mailbox appears. In fact, if I use the Exchange tasks wizard, I can create, delete, and recreate the mailbox--all say successful without an error message. And yet, no mailbox. This is even after I reboot the PC and sent email to the address. Any ideas what's going on? mike.aes@gmail.com wrote: > I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. > > When I create a new user ...

Prob. when viewing my XL graph thru internet...
Hi. A problem which may or may not be due to Excel: I have some files, protected and with some sheets hidden, which I am using to show graphs and data on the internet. I want the viewer to be able to copy off the data (so they are saved as .xls files. The problem is, when I view the file in internet explorer, the chart sheet in which the file is opened will have a different size (the chart expands to fill the whole screen). The other chart sheets are fine. ??? Also, #1 the chart toolbar appears (don't want or need it) and #2 when I hit Back, a prompt to save appears (unwanted, ...

How do you replace old data with new data without creating a new .
I have existing pivot tables and I want to replace the data source worksheet with new data and the pivot tables update with the new information. I have replace the data source but the pivot tables didn't update. Hit the "Refresh Data" in the pivot table toolbar (looks like an exclamation point) -- Regards, Dave "Dena" wrote: > I have existing pivot tables and I want to replace the data source worksheet > with new data and the pivot tables update with the new information. I have > replace the data source but the pivot tables didn't update. So...

Could Microsoft create a MSPOS user manual?
My customers are asking for one. Guess we were spoiled by RMS Store Operations having one available after Microsoft updated the SMS Commerce manuals. Makes me expect one for MSPOS even though most software no longer has printed manuals. -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

Viewing xml created in .Net in a ASP form VB6
I have been trying to create an xml document in VB.Net for displaying on an existing page written in ASP. im having a type mismatch error in my code. When i view my XML i have the following included in the <binary> node. <Binary xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" dt:dt="bin.base64">DATA HERE </Binary My issue is how do i set the datatype of the the node using dotnet so that i can replicate the same node structure and use my existing ASP page. thanks in advance Colin Graham ...

Is there a way to automatically put the $ sign into the formula?
I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to do this?? Hit [F4] several times and watch the results. Micky "hrb_2001" wrote: > I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. > How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to > do this?? > Hi, Enter =A1 then tap F4 Repeated taps of F4 scroll through the referencing options -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently an...

data labels disappear from graph when i close the worksheet
I have added datalabels to a bar graph. But they go away when i close the worksheet despite having saved the changes. Could any one elt me know why this is happening? Thanks ...

automatically sending messages at set times??
Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a specified time?? ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P "Adam Membrey" <membreya@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O$2Z4y0zEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a > specified time?? > > ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P Sure if you are willing to write code but chances are it would be easier to do from the command line with one of the email utilities like ...

Creating a form or template
We scanned in an image of a post it note that has graphics on it. It is a jpg file. Can we somehow make this jpg file a form or template in Outlook? Ideally, we want to pull up a form that looks like the image of a post it note with the graphics in tact and be able to compose a message on the email post it note. How do you accomplish this? Thanks! ...

Automatic Find and Populate
Ok, I have several spreadsheets that represent bills and have tabs that represent the months. So, when I recieve a new bill for the month, I copy last month's bill onto a new tab, and rename it using the billing cycle. Each year, for each account number is contained in its own workbook- ie: account 245-9999 has a workbook for 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005; within that workbook are tabs for Jan, Feb, Mar, etc. Ok, on a single month's tab, there are anywhere from 10 to 900 individual line items representing circuits. What I want to do is create a separate spreadsheet that lists unique c...

Automatic calculation
Hi I have a workbook that takes an eternity to calculate and therefore, have the calculation mode set to manual. I would like the calculation mode set to Automatic when the workbook is deactivated or closed, but do not want the workbook to be calculated when this happens. Is that at all possible? Thanks in advance Ben You could use workbook events that fire when the workbook is activated/deactivated. Rightclick on the excel icon (to the left of File|Edit|...) on the menubar. Select view code and paste this in the code window. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Applica...

Insufficient Permissions to Create Tasks
Hi, Exchange 5.5, Windows 2000, Outlook 2000. I have a user who is trying to create tasks and he gets a message that says that he does not have permission to do this. He can edit tasks and delete tasks, but not create them. We've run the repair utility, reinstalled, thought that it had to do with the PALM software and removed that, and there has been no change. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks! ...

Fonts do not print in colur used when document created.
When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher the text is not always printed in the colour selected. This problem seems particular to Red & Blue. can any one help please. Peeter Have you tried some maintenance on your printer? Are you saving as a PDF? This problem has been reported using Microsoft's save as add-in. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peter Piper" <PeterPiper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76737C66-2B07-42DF-BFC5-828A14CE135F@microsoft.com... > When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher t...

Creat new dictionery
It says when I try to add a new word to my dictionery that it is full. How do I expand same, or create a new dictionery? I use WORD 2003 See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "kernaghanl" <kernaghanl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBC3C828-16EF-4861-B3A5-2A7CC406F43C@microsoft.com... > It says when I try to add a new word to my dictionery that it is full. > How > do I expand same, or create a new dictione...

Choosing FROM when creating an e-mail
I have several e-mail accounts. When creating a new e- mail message sometimes I like the option of choosing a different e-mail account the new e-mail is 'from' rather than the default account. This function is possible in Outlook Express via a drop down list in the 'FROM' field when creating an e-mail, but Outlook doesn't even have a 'FROM' field and uses the default e-mail address as the return address. Please advise if this is possible in Outlook. Thanks. (PS I'm using Outlook 2000) Outlook 2000 Corporate or Workgroup mode (check Help->About) doe...

Excel: Allow to turn on / off automatic header selection in sorts
Is there a way to turn off automatic selection of header rows in Excel when sorting data? I routinely sort a section of data by the first three columns, and a majority of times Excel wants to make the first row selected a header row. Extremely annoying. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

Creating Custom Dialog Boxex (Popup)
Hello, I am trying to create a custom dialog box that will allow me to have the user clarify an entry when a checkbox is checked. I want them to be able to select something from a list that I have created. I have created the popup in Excel but cannot find out how to call the popup into the display when the checkbox is checked. Can anyone help me please? Is this a checkbox on the worksheet? If yes, then if it's a checkbox from the Forms toolbar, assign this macro to the checkbox: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCBX As CheckBox Set myCBX = ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes(Appli...

Manual Worklflow
hi I have a manual workflow and am keen to know how to go about creating a scheduled job to automatically execute the workflow every morning/every night .. any advice would be helpful. regards Ridhima Hi Ridhima, the first step is to modify your manual workflow to wait 24 hours and execute itself: Manual rule ... your logic Wait for 1 day(s) Exec: Manual rule You may want to add some checks to ensure that workflow is stopped when appropriate, e.g. when record becomes inactive, e.g. Manual rule ... your logic Wait for 1 day(s) if <Your entity>....

create tent fold card
I have a lot of cards made in pub03 that I can't print correctly in pub07. 07 wants to print 1 pic in the middle of the page and page 2 on a separate page. any way to print as a tent card the way pub 3 did? What size are you trying to print? A whole page folded or two cards per page? The page setup in 2007 takes a lot of getting use to. Open your document, file, page setup, click greeting card, select top fold, on the right click the advanced button. Do your adjusting. How did you setup your card in 2003? Did you insert two more pages? Page 4 would be the inside of your tent car...

how do I get rid of the automatic 2 spaces after every period
when i am in Excell and i put in 1.29 it always comes out as 1. 29 it does this is Word as well when ever i use a period anywhee it always puts 2 spaces in. if i go ... i get . . . >-----Original Message----- >when i am in Excell and i put in 1.29 it always comes out as 1. 29 > >it does this is Word as well when ever i use a period anywhee it always puts >2 spaces in. if i go ... i get . . . >. > Sounds like it could be a keyboard problem. Does it do this in Notepad or any other application where you can input characters? "squarelock" <s...

How to create this grouping in ssrs?
I have a dataset with the following columns: This is a one to many relationship between the health authority to city and one to many relationship between the city and hospital column_group: health authority, city and hospital (three possible groupings for each of the row in the dataset) column_health_authority_name: it displays the name of the health authority to the row with the group "health authority" and it displays null to the "city" and "hospital" group column_city_name: it displays the city name to the row with the group "city" a...

Need to create blank computation column
Ok, let's try again. This time I'm breaking it down to a simple problem so that I don't confuse anyone: I have 3 cells in a row. In cell x I have a variable. In cell y I have a variable. In cell z I have a formula: =x*y . Now if the user is presented with variable x and nothing for variable y, and the formula is already in place, cell z will display 0. But I want the user to be presented with a blank field instead, until such time he/she enters in a variable for cell y. Therefore, I need to know what command will tell cell z to display a figure only if the computation is ...

graph #2
im making a report and i want to insert this data in the chart but only top 3 highest value in jan feb mar and apr will see in the graph. how can i do that? jan feb mar apr A 23 3 5 5 B 1 3 1 5 C 4 1 0 34 D 16 2 2 2 E 3 14 4 1 F 4 5 3 0 jaypee wrote: > im making a report and i want to insert this data in the chart but only top > 3 highest value in jan feb mar and apr will see in the graph. > how can i do that? > > jan feb mar apr > A 23 3 5 5 >...

Automatic sending massages( in background)
Most of the time i receive a massages(E-mail) from server (Etisalat) that my massage failed to send (from:internet mail server) (subject: problem during delivery processing)(Message-id:<BAY114-W39F46A05A177215177A8F5A7990@phx.gbl>) this is one example of id You haven't given us much to go on. As a minimum we would need to see a verbatim copy of the failure notice. Are these messages you have sent? If not, they are probably emails sent out by a spammer who is using your 'From' address. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.c...