automatically sizing text with graphs

hi, is there a way to make the text in my charts size proprotionally
with the graphs when i move them to another location (eg: a different
sheet or chart)....I seem to have a problem with the way the graphs
shrink but the text retaining their original size after i move them.

--
Shoque
Shoque's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36320

Right-click on the axis labels and choose Format Axis.  Go to the Font tab
and make sure "AutoScale" is checked.  This will need to be done for the
x-axis, y-axis, any titles and the legend.

"Shoque" wrote:

> hi, is there a way to make the text in my charts size proprotionally
> with the graphs when i move them to another location (eg: a different
> sheet or chart)....I seem to have a problem with the way the graphs
> shrink but the text retaining their original size after i move them.
>

> --
> Shoque
> Shoque's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36320
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=566948

Graphing help
Is there anyone willing to help me with setting up a graph utilizing sine/cosine functions based on user input? I have the code that will currently draw my graph. Where I need help is to create an array that will draw the lines based on user input. (Not sure if it makes sense) I apologize. I can't find help from anyone locally where I live. confusedinc, It is not really clear what you want - do you want to create an application where someone can enter lots of numerical data, that you'll feed to a line-drawing function? Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "confusedinc&qu...

Is there a size limit to Notes #3
In characters or words (approximately). Be nice to know in advance instead of getting truncated unexpectedly. ...

SSRS: Setting report page size in URL?
Hi, I have a set of reports that need to be rendered in Letter and A4 formats. I know that the report paper format is determined by the report page size (page width and page height) set at design time. Because I would only want to maintain one set of reports, I'm looking for a way to specify the report's page width and height in the URL that is used to access the report. Is there a way to do this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Best regards Yanick ...

Separate Text from Record Field
I have a text field that has multiple pieces of data that I need to separate. For example 1,2,3 is inside one field. Does anyone know of a way to separate this field into three separate records by using the comma or some other method???? Thanks for your help in advance, Rob On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:48:04 -0700, RobSol wrote: > I have a text field that has multiple pieces of data that I need to separate. > For example 1,2,3 is inside one field. Does anyone know of a way to separate > this field into three separate records by using the comma or some other > method???? > >...

How do I fit a graph to data?
I work at a non-profit agency. We receive funds on an annual basis for our work, which we distribute under contract to other agencies. The full details aren't important, the main point is the rate of "burn" through the money. We use different mechanisms to ensure that it lasts throughout the fiscal year, such as breaking it up into smaller chucks, etc. I watch the burn rate to see how it is going. I record this on a daily basis in an Excel spreadsheet. Due to business practices with the other agencies, the burn rate isn't a simple linear graph with a negative slo...

Transfer data only from Excel spreadsheet into Word or text document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I have to move the data only that is in an Excel spreadsheet into a Word or text document so that I can edit the info into a paragraph style for a book. What's the easiest way to do this? You can also paste the tabel into Word and then choose from the top menu: Table &amp;gt; Convert &amp;gt; Convert table to text. You can choose the options of you liking in the following dialoge. <br><br>Good luck. > You can also paste the tabel into Word and then choose from the top menu: Table &amp;gt; Convert &...

Set Client Size ?
Hi guys, I basically made a dialog-style application that's not using CDialog, all I do is set these styles for my CMainFrame: dwStyle=WS_OVERLAPPED | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU; ....and it works great. I would like to set a specific size for the client area and have the whole window sized accordingly. What's the best/proper way to do that ? Thanks, Robert PS - I'm using VC6 (SP5) on XP Pro Take a look at CWnd::CalcWindowRect. --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Hi, I can't figure out how to use that function. I tried this: BOOL CSkeletonApp::InitInstance() {...

Text formatting in cells
Hi, I am working with cells that are formatted as Text and set to wrap. However, when I enter text that wraps to multiple lines, and I move focus off of that cell, all that appears there are ##################### characters. Has anyone seen this? If so, what causes this? And how does one fix this? Thanks in advance, Tom You have a couple of replies to your other post. (One of them is try setting the format to General) Tom wrote: > > Hi, > > I am working with cells that are formatted as Text and > set to wrap. However, when I enter text that wraps to > multiple li...

Keeping a control the size of the entire pane?
Hi, Is there any way to make a child control occupy all the client area of the pane in which it resides and remain so even as the pane itself is resized? -- Thanks in advance, Juan Dent, M.Sc. >Is there any way to make a child control occupy all the client area of the >pane in which it resides and remain so even as the pane itself is resized? Handle the client area's WM_SIZE & WM_SIZING messages and resize your child control appropriately. Dave Most of the views do exactly that. We CEditView, CScrollView, CFormView, CListView, CTreeView, CHtmlView, etc. that each occu...

A3 page size on non 2003 versions??
I have 2003 at work which allows you to change the page size to A3. However, I only have 2007 at home and this will not allow me to create an A3 size spreadsheet. Is there a patch or update anyone can help me with? Paper sizes are printer dependent. Does your at-home printer support A3? Mine does not. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:45:01 -0800, shab <shab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 2003 at work which allows you to change the page size to A3. However, >I only have 2007 at home and this will not allow me to create an A3 siz...

OUTLOOK 2007: Cannot highlight, copy, paste text in HTML mode
Recently when replying to emails (I use html mode as default), am unable to use the mouse to highlight, copy, or paste text. The only way is to do it manually by placing the cursor at the beginning of what I want copied, then use shift to insert the cursor at the end, and hit ctrl cut/copy/paste to effect the action. If I do manage to get the text in the email highlited, it's as a block, as though the message was in a table and the entire cell is being selected. Cannot get individual words, sentences, or sections of text. FYI - mouse shortcuts work just fine in every other ap...

Automatically Copy Data from one text box to another
Experts, How would you go about dynamically copying data from an unbound text box to a bound text box on the same form. Thanks, ...

Inserting a new text box into a report
Hi, I looked through your forums and didn't see this question answered. Forgive me if it is already there and I couldn't find it. I have a report that I want to add a new text box to. When I create a form there is no problem choosing the different control sources of data that I want to put into the text boxes on the report. However, once I have created the report I can't seem to go back and make the data come through correctly if I am adding a new text box. Example: I want to add a text box that is pulling through data from a field named "Duty" in a table named "...

Excel Changing Numbers Automatically
I am using Excel 2003 (fully patched). In ANY spreadsheet I have open, new or old, any number I insert (e.g. 5000), is automatically changed to 5. Any number inputted has its decimal place moved three places to the left in other words. If I use a comma (e.g. 5,000), the number stays as 5,000. I have checked the format of the cells, and it does not matter whether I format it as general, or number, or any combination, it always does this. This started out of the blue. There does not seem to be any running Macros, and Macro security is set to very high (I've tried changing this a...

automatically insert town name after entering zip code
I have created a sheet in which I am entering addresses. I created a drop down list for the seven zip codes I am working with. Is there a way to have excel automaticall y enter the corresponding town in the adjacent cell after I choose a zip code? Sure. You need a worksheet with the zips and towns listed on it, then you can use a vlookup. See this for a tutorial: http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/an_extreme_tutorial_in_microsoft_excel.htm#boss ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "accessnovice" <accessnovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

How do I change the pixel size of a photograph?
How can I change the deminsions of a photographic Jpg image that is 1723 x 1219 to 640 x 480? Hoppy1 wrote: > How can I change the deminsions of a photographic Jpg image that is > 1723 x 1219 to 640 x 480? ============================== If you are running WinXP...the following free PowerToy is very useful: (scroll down for Vista info) Go to the following link and download and install: ImageResizer.exe http://tinyurl.com/2meyw or... http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx Then you can open any folder that contains images and you will have an optio...

File size won't reduce after removal of large picture
I have a spreadsheet that has a logo (as picture) inserted into it. I have discovered that the logo file is huge (~2Mb). I have created a new one and reduced its size, but when I replace the old logo with the new, the Excel file size remains the same. Is there a way to compress the file after doing the logo swap? Chris, with Excel 2002, Save As, Tools, Compress pictures HTH Gilles Desjardins "Chris Kirchenbauer" <chris.kirchenbauer@valeo.sylvania.com> wrote in message news:067001c3ab82$7d0e6760$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet that has a logo (as picture) ...

Copying Text
Not sure if you can do this but here goes. I work as an estimator and i have a front sheet which has a heading which reads desciption. I currently have 250 of these cells which have different descriptions in them. I have 250 tabs on the bottom of the screen and i need to copy each heading on the main screen to a heading in the tab. I currently press = on the tab heading then go back to the main screen highlight the relevant description and press equals. You can imagine doing 250 takes time. Not sure if it makes sense i hope it does and someone can help me -- wethery -----------------------...

Referencing a form text box in a query
Heya everyone, Quick question, I have a text box on a form that I want to reference in an update query as criteria. So far i have tried typing [formname].[textboxname] not working. Any reccomendations? Thanks! James O ...

serializing element text using SOAP
I have generated a proxy class derived from System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol One of my classes is defined as [System.Xml.Serialization.SoapTypeAttribute("MyClass", "http://www.mycompany.com")] public class MyClass { public MyClass() { } public MyClass(String text) { this.Value = text; } [XmlText(typeof(string))] public string Value; } I wish for instances of this class to be serialized as <tns:MyClass>hello world</tns:MyClass> However it serializes as <tns:MyClass><Value xsi:type="xsd:string">hello worl...

Max Size message limits for mail Contacts In Exchange 2007
I've figured out how to adjust the max size message limit for the global and organizational catergories, but can not figure out how to adjust the max size limits for mail contacts. Any help would be great! -- NorcalDG ...

Convert special number to text, retain formatting
I need to export out of excel into another database. I have a phone number that is a "special" format. I want to keep that formatting but make it text only for the export I have done this before and can't remember what I did. If memory serves me correctly, It was a simple formula that I ran, copied the column, did a paste special into another column as values and it worked Thanks in advance for any assistance. Hi use the TEXT function for this. e.g. =TEXT(A1,"your_format") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany MJSpartz wrote: > I need to export out of excel...

Prevent non-numerical data (e.g. text) from plotting on a chart
I want to chart a series of cells. Depending on the assumptions, the data will either be numbers or text. I only want the chart to plot the numbers. Currently, the chart keeps plotting the text as zeros. Is there any way to prevent the chart from displaying these as zeros (in other words, not plot them at all)? Under tools>options>chart the default is not to plot blanks, but because the cells are not blank, they show as zeros. There is no such option. You can plot a helper column instead that has the formula =IF(ISNUMBER(dataRange),dataRange,NA()) Jerry jaweiss wrote:...

Graphs on Excel Pocket PC
How can I view a graph which has been saved in an XL file on Pocket PC excel? ...

Making a Graph stay fixed
Is there a way to make a graph in Excel "float" on top of the sheet that it is in, so that I can scroll across the data, and still see all of the graph. Thanks, Rob Lepper How about an easy alternative? Create another window (window|New Window) then arrange them so that you can see the things you want to see (Window|arrange|horizontal or vertical). You'll see book1.xls:1 and book1.xls:2 in the window title bar. When you're done and want to go back to "normal", you can select the window you want to close and hit ctrl-w. OM wrote: > > Is there a wa...