Automatically changing the range in a graph

I constantly add data to a spreadsheet and I want to only graph the last 24
data points with out constantly cahnging the graph range. How do I do this?
0
Davis (19)

Jon Peltier has instructions for a dynamic chart:

   http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynoLast12

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Changing text in X and Z reports
Hi, I want to change a text in X and Z reports. The original text is "Paid on Account." I want it to say "On Account." How can I do the change? I already found the XML report template but don't know where to go from there. Thank you in advance. Win open file in Frontpage or text editor. Do "find" and type in "paid on account" to get you to the section quickly. or, just roll down until you find this section =========================== Section: Grand Total Out =========================== --> <!--BOOKMARK--> <ROW...

Automatically Configure Outlook Profile
Is there any way to have my network (Server 2003) users Outlook profiles automatically configured when they log on etc.? Yes, using the Custom Installation Wizard or Custom Maintenance Wizard = from the Office Resource Kit.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Keith" <@.> wrote in message = news:%23UAyURLUFHA.3644@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to have my network (Server 2003) users Outlook = profiles...

First row in Selection range (first index of a cell)
Hello, I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection Range or return an index of the first cell in Selection Cell. I have something like this: .................... Range1.Select "and here I want to Select the first range in selection Range1" ............. I there any special function of finding first cell in selection range or returning an index of the first cell?? Thanks for answet Marcin Maybe range1(1).select or range1.cells(1).select or range1.cells(1,1).select mar_male@wp.pl wrote: > > Hello, > I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection...

How to change multiple folders views in Outlook
When you first create an account within Outlook (currently using 2007 but I'm sure it's the same for other versions) it defaults the folders so that certain columns are visable they all have the viewing pane enabled. Is there a way of changing one folder so that all folders look identicle (Deleted, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-Mail, Outbox etc etc etc). I'm sure there must be a way but I'd be damned if I can find it...and it's driving me nuts!! Cheers Glenn gloriousglenn@hotmail.com <gloriousglenn@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way of changing one folder so that a...

9.0 Table Changes
Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK before I can get a list of the table names? -- Doug You need to install the SDK "Doug" wrote: > Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and > the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK > > But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK > before I can get a list of the tabl...

Export a range to a text file
Hello need some advise on how to procede I need to be able to create a text file containg some text as well as data that is within a named range in excel and then some more text. I can handle printing to the text files using cell values etc but am unsure of the best way to print the ranges data. Is there a way or procedure to just print the range as is in csv format? As well my range will contain about 6 columns, each containg a number field (formatting of decimal places is important, some have 2 dec some 3 etc) Also the range has a max of 50 rows however will always contain lower rows of...

How can I change the program used when following a hyperlink
I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image files, gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a gif file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in using IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to Photoshop. But I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not editing, the files Anyone got any ideas JimR Use a button that when clicked calls this code (pass in the value on the hyperlink field): Public Sub OpenWebPage(url As String) Dim browser As Vari...

Record Change Confirmation
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0081_01CAB184.C1BB7DD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Access 2007 sp2 I'm using the following code I found on the web, on a Single Form, to = have the user choose to either save the record or not save the record or close the message box and continue editing: Private Sub cmdSaveAndClose_Click() If Me.Dirty Then Dim BlnOutcome As Integer BlnOutcome =3D MsgBox("Record(s) have been added or changed." _ ...

2003 OWA
We are having problems when end users hit the cancel button on the Exchange 2003 OWA password change screen, it actually gives an ASP error when hitting the cancel button on this particular screen. Does anyone have an TechNet Articles on why this doesn't work? Dear Sabo, Thanks for posting here. In order to narrow down the problem, please provide me with the detailed message of the ASP error. You may capture a screen shoot and attach the picture when you post back. Also, I would like to give you the detailed steps for enable change password in Exchange 2003 OWA: You must firs...

Change measurements from inches to centimeters in EXCEL 2002?
I want to see measurements for margins for Page Setup in both Centimeters and Inches - how do I change the display? (EXCEL 2002) ...

Why can't I click on the signature section to change my signature
When I go into tools, options, and then the mail format tab, the signature option is greyed out and I can't click on it. I therefore cant edit my existing sugnature or create a new one. I've tried changing the format options to compose the message in, and still no luck. Are you perhaps in a corporate environment? Then you mail admin might have disabled that option as a corporate policy. Ask him/her or your manager for more information. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, ...

.xls changes sizes from one computer to another
An excel worksheet that we use prints out nicely on one computer; however, when another user accesses it off of the network and does a print preview, the columns of the worksheet squash together in the middle of the worksheet into and only by reducing the view by 99% is the second user able to print correctly. I don't know the circumstances regarding this but I am told this is the way it has always been. Any input would be greatly appreciated. ...

Problem Changing from Average Costing to FIFO Perpetual (Version 9
Our company changed our inventory valuation method from FIFO Perpetual to Average Costing. After two months we reverted back to FIFO Perpetual. We now have a problem when we create a new SOP document. The cost that the system is retrieving on the document is the CURRCOST from IV00101, not the STNDCOST as we would expect. We have run the Change valuation method utility and have checked links and reconciled, but this behaviour continues. If we create a new item that have not gone through this FIFO to AVG to FIFO chance cycle it picks up the STNDCOST correctly. Any ideas? Thanks, J...

Automatically update Value for data label
Hello I am using Excel 2003 SP2, and have some graphs which have the value (data label) for the last month. Each month new data is entered and the data label has to be deleted for the previous month and the data label for the most recent month added (it still uses the same old data - new data is only entered for the most recent month). Is there any way where the data label can automatically update with the most recent months value (as the chart updates itself automatically currently). Any ideas appreciated. Thank you in advance. Regards, Nav ...

Money 2003: Change investment type from fund to stock
One of my investments was set up incorrectly as a mutual fund rather than a stock. Now when I sync with my brokerage website, it doesn't find the stock (since Money thinks it's a mutual fund) and it wants to add all the stock shares to my account as new shares. How can I change the investment type from mutual fund to stock from the Investments area? There are no menu options to do so and the online help doesn't provide any clues. I have several years worth of transactions for this stock, so I'd hate to have to re-enter them all. In microsoft.public.money, IanP. wrote: >...

Read-only files
I want to email an MS Publisher 03 file. It is read-only protected, but it can still be accessed and changes made, although it has to be saved with another file name. Is it possible to make it unaccessible - so that no changes can be made at all? no. and it doesn't even have to be saved with a different name, all you have to do is change the file attributes. "secretariat" <secretariat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CFB98E4-29E7-4AC6-BBB4-177EE7F5C982@microsoft.com... |I want to email an MS Publisher 03 file. It is read-only protected, but it |...

Changing multiple appointment times
I have hundreds of appointments and would like to move them back one hour. I know there is a link in microsofts support site that lets you change the time zone without changing appointment times. However, recurring appointments are not supported by that method. Does anyone know of a way to move all my appointments back one hour? ...

how to change font on printed copy of outlook calendar week view
When I print out my calendar by the week the font is too small. I can't find how to increase the size of the font so it PRINTS larger. I could change it on the view of the calendar but it doesn't change on the print preview. Randi Steiger;110316 Wrote: > When I print out my calendar by the week the font is too small. I can't > find > how to increase the size of the font so it PRINTS larger. I could > change it > on the view of the calendar but it doesn't change on the print preview. Which version of Outlook? Did you check the page setup options w...

Changing the names of fields in tables after creating other object
I just leaned about the naming conventions after I have created my tables, reports and several queries. Can I change the name of fields in my tables (to remove the spaces and give them unique names ie not just last name but childlastname) without destroying the work I have done in queries, reports, and forms. Mary -- Positive Direction for Youth & Families, Inc. (www.pdfyinc.com) Possibly. If you are using a newer version of Access, say 2003 or 2007 AND you have Name Autocorrect, and all it's options, enabled, it MIGHT work. I found it somewhat buggy. Before you...

MS Word file extension changed through e-mail
MS Word .docx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .doc instead. The same is true for MS Excel .xlsx changed to .xls Speak firmly to whoever set up the email system. They have not applied their updates. When the file goes through, it is being recognised as a Microsoft Word file, but the extension is being wrongly changed. Some free-mail web services have a bad habit of doing this. It's not a Word problem, the change is being made either by the sending email program or the receiving email program. Cheers On 24/02/10 2:32 PM, in article 2e082f5...

enforce user change their password every 30 days
Hi we are using GP9 and sql2005. How do I set up user password change every 30 days? Thanks Set this in the user setup window against the advanced sql server options. You need to have a Windows Server 2003 domain for this to work - if you don't have this, then the option will be grayed out. I believe SQL Server just enforces the Windows domain password policy, so I think you would need to set that to password change every 30 days. "mecn" wrote: > Hi > > we are using GP9 and sql2005. How do I set up user password change every 30 > days? > > Than...

exmerge automatic
Hi, Can anyone help med with an example batch to automate occasional exmerge dumps at night using scheduler. Does anyone have a batch, or command line reference? Are there any .ini file changes required? Thanks, Peter Jensen Use the scheduler service. The exmerge.doc provides more info on the exmerge.ini file options. On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 11:00:21 +0200, "Peter Jensen" <peter.topp@mail.dk> wrote: >Hi, > >Can anyone help med with an example batch to automate occasional exmerge >dumps at night >using scheduler. Does anyone have a batch, or command line ...

Dynamically change pick lists?
Has anyone found a workaround for the following : dynamically change the choices in one pick list based on the selection in a second, associated pick list. I know this question has been asked before, just wondering if someone found a resolution for it. I haven't tried it yet, but it is my understanding that you can write JavaScript code in the OnChange event for the first picklist that will modify the valid values in the second picklist. HTH, Dave >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone found a workaround for the following : > >dynamically change the choices in one pick...

Changing Default Contacts List for E-mail
I have two separate Contacts lists open. When I go to select names for the e-mail addresses, Outlook always defaults to the wrong list, and I have to manually select the other one. How can I change the default list that shows up when I click on the "to:" header field in an e- mail? Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Michael Leu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:056501...

Change Dots into Commas as Decimal Divider
Hello I wonder if anybody can help? I create a lot of automated reports. These reports include costing and percentages, with several decimal places. In the English format the "1000 Seperator" is a comma, and the decimal places are seperated with a dot. Now the problem: I have to send the reports to clients in mainland Europe, where the "1000 Seperator" is a dot, and the decimal places are seperated with a comma. So far I could only remove the "1000 Seperator" entirely (in Format cells), send it to the Europeans, and they had to change the Comma on the de...