Auto-exclusion of data labels for zero values

Hi guys,

xl97 question.

Is there a way to have data labels enabled** for all points plotted
but with the labels automatically *excluded* for any zero values ?
The exclusion is desired for aesthetic reasons.

**e.g.: via Data Labels > Show value in say, Format Data Series dialog

I find that these "zero" values showing on say, a column chart, have to be
individually selected and removed on each series in a chart, a pretty
tedious task.

The values plotted are derived through formula and there would always be
a couple of points here and there evaluating to zero values from
time-to-time.

I've tried a couple of google searches for past queries / suggestions on
this issue
but was not successful.

Thanks.

--
Rgds
Max

0
demechanik (4694)

Hi
have a look at the following example (for pie charts)
http://andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Max wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> xl97 question.
>
> Is there a way to have data labels enabled** for all points plotted
> but with the labels automatically *excluded* for any zero values ?
> The exclusion is desired for aesthetic reasons.
>
> **e.g.: via Data Labels > Show value in say, Format Data Series
dialog

> I find that these "zero" values showing on say, a column chart, have
> to be individually selected and removed on each series in a chart, a
> pretty tedious task.
>
> The values plotted are derived through formula and there would always
> be a couple of points here and there evaluating to zero values from
> time-to-time.
>
> I've tried a couple of google searches for past queries / suggestions
> on this issue
> but was not successful.
>
> Thanks.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
2/24/2004 9:35:20 AM
Thanks for the lead, Frank!
[and thanks to Andy, too]
Yes, the example given does help.
--
Rgds
Max
> Hi
> have a look at the following example (for pie charts)
> http://andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm
>

> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> Max wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > xl97 question.
> >
> > Is there a way to have data labels enabled** for all points plotted
> > but with the labels automatically *excluded* for any zero values ?
> > The exclusion is desired for aesthetic reasons.
> >
> > **e.g.: via Data Labels > Show value in say, Format Data Series
> dialog
> >
> > I find that these "zero" values showing on say, a column chart, have
> > to be individually selected and removed on each series in a chart, a
> > pretty tedious task.
> >
> > The values plotted are derived through formula and there would always
> > be a couple of points here and there evaluating to zero values from
> > time-to-time.
> >
> > I've tried a couple of google searches for past queries / suggestions
> > on this issue
> > but was not successful.
> >
> > Thanks.

0
demechanik (4694)

Microsoft CRM data
Hi, I'm building the Web Service example in Chapter 3 of the "Microsoft Office Information Bridge (MOIB) Solution Development Guide" (Beta). I'll use the Web Service to create the smart tag recognizer and actions. I've previously built the Web Service example in the "Integrating Microsoft CRM (MSCRM) with Microsoft Office 2003 InfoPath", February 2004. The MSCRM example uses http://<CRM_Server_Name>/mscrmservices as the connection string. The MOIB example uses a direct "CRM" database connection string in the web.config file, and not a CRM serv...

Current time for data entered in column
Whenever data is entered in a cell, current time should come auto i another corresponding cell. For example, time should automaticall come in Y column for any data entered in any cell of the column A. Fo A10 time should come in Y10 and for A12 it should come in Y12 and s on. I need it for doing time and motion study. Appreciate all help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mohitmahajan! Based on JE McGimpsey (http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html) Let's say that every time an entry is made in cells A2:A100, the corresponding cell in column Y should have the...

Changing Default DURATION value of 30 min. in activities
Is there a way to change the 30 min. default value in activity types? Even if through the database? Thanks, Oliver The Duration field is represented as a picklist on the activity form. Picklist values can usually be customised through the CRM user interface which would allow you to change the default and add additional values. However, at present the CRM Activity form is not customisable through any supported method. Maybe in a future release. ...

Transferring data between worksheets using Sheet Command?
Hi for an assignment i have to enter grades for 200 students in 4 subjects. there is a front summary sheet that contains all the subjects and all the students and their overall grade GPA etc.. anyway this summary sheet has to be populated automatically from the individual math, english etc.. worksheets. The guide says to do it using the 'sheet command' any help greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

How do you change the data and input data into a chart on Excel?
Jon Peltier's Excel chart info may be useful to you. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ "unclemoko" <unclemoko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AF9FAFA-B657-4C21-A4CA-56B81EC5C27B@microsoft.com... > ...

Trying to do mass update on label field in MS POS 2.0
I am trying to do a mass update on all of our items to make the labels be code 128. I am doing this so that we can print new shelf tags with the bar code on them. I am trying to make sense of the database and not having much luck. Can anyone tell me the table name and column name to do this? This is the field that appears on items in the option tab under label and bar code type. There is a drop down box that allows you to select the type of bar code. My goal is to do this in a SQL statement instead of opening up each of our 1500 items and choosing this manually. Thanks Patrick Patrick,...

user-defined data type capabilities
It seems I use Microsoft Visual Basic 6.5 from Microsoft Excel 2003. I've just introduced my first user-defined data type (UDT) to a module. I found it greatly simplified passing parameters. Private Type Journey Depart As String Arrive As String End Type What can I do with such UDTs? 1) Declare functions and scalar, array, and parameter variables. 2) Assign e.g. Dim A as UDT, B as UDT: A = B 3) Not compare variables. e.g. if UDT0 = UDT1 ... gets an error. What else can UDTs be used for? When, in the Visual Basic Editor (VBE), I hover over code referencing a v...

Changing data from imported .txt file
When i import data from an old (dos based) program negative numbers appear with the minus behind the number. Does anyone have any idea how i can change them all from 1,234.56- to -1,234.56 so Excel will recognise them? Changing them by hand takes forever. Thank you. If you're using xl2002+ and are using File|Open to open a text file, you'll see a wizard popup. On step 3 of that wizard, there's an advanced button. Click it. There's an option to treat trailing minus signs as negative numbers. If you already have the data in the worksheet, you can use... Dana DeLouis pos...

conditional formatting #value!
Hi Is it possible to create a conditional formatting condition that can detect the condition of #VALUE! ? That is NOT the text string but the "error condition". What I am trying to highlight is that certain calculated values have not been correctly calculated on the sheet and need further investigation. Thanks Clive Hi Clive, Use the 'Formula Is' option on the conditional formating dialog and enter the following, assuming the cells is A1. =ERROR.TYPE(A1)=3 You can also use the Go To dialog (CTRL+G), Special... to locate cells with Errors. Cheers Andy Clive Long...

moving data from one sheet to another
I have records in sheet1 as follows: A B C D E 1 NAME SEX SUBJECT COLLEGE WHETHER SELECTED 2 A MALE MATHS XAVIER YES 3 B FEMALE ENGLISH SEBASTIAN 4 C FEMALE MATHS PAULS 5 D MALE PHYSICS XAVIER YES 6 E MALE CHEMISTRY PAULS YES 7 F MALE PHYSICS SEBASTIAN YES 8 G FEMALE MATHS XAVIER YES 9 H MALE PHYSICS PAULS 10 I MALE MATHS SEBASTIAN Now, I want to scan entire data upto last cell of the range and move(cut and paste) those of the selected candidates, Sheet2 of the same book.After moving, the name o...

1 Cell 2 Values?
Hello All, Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated by a comma and spaces? For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I want it to show A1: +, - Is this possible? Thanks to all, Shhhh Shhhh wrote... >Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated >by a comma and spaces? > >For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was >positive and the number of times a value was negative a...

How do I prevent Excel from auto-correcting the date format?
I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from doing this? One way is to format the input column / range as Text first (via Format > Cells > Number tab > Text > OK) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Watts" <Watts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16725A60-590A-4658-857A-2E6C8420D253@microsoft.com... > I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects > it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from do...

downsampling from 16 bit to 8 bit data with colesafearray
I want to downsample a 512x512x16 bit array to a 512x512x8 bit array. I want to do it with COleSafeArray.... here's what I've got already. What should I do to pick off the most significant bits of the 16 bit value and store them in an 8 bit value that I can write to the other array? Also- any ideas on autoscaling data when I do this? If I know the max and min of the source, 16 bit data? Thanks in advance! -spencer // set up our arrays DWORD numElements[] = { 512,512 }; COleSafeArray Array16; COleSafeArray Array8; Array16.Create(VT_UI2, 2, numElements); Array8.Create(VT_UI1, 2, ...

Auto Out of Office reply outlook 2000
Is there an option to use the automatic out of office e- mail reply with outlook 2000. Thanks The Out of Office Assistant is only available if you are connected to an Exchange server. You can spoof the OOA using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work. Look here for more information: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:055001c3cf33$c31bda10$a101280a@phx.gbl,...

Enter Parametr Value
I have the following SQL that selects the TOP 10 clients by percentage of sales. I want to be able to SELECT the TOP 20, TOP 40, TOP 60, etc.. by entering a value when the query runs. How might I change my SQL? Any help appreciated. SELECT TOP 10 tblPct.ip, tblPct.Pct FROM tblPct ORDER BY tblPct.Pct DESC; On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 17:52:02 -0800, NEWER USER <NEWERUSER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: The only way to do that is to use dynamic sql. This will not work: select top forms!myForm1myControl from myTable This will not work: select top [parMyTop] from myTable (...

Match name, value & identify errors
Thanks in advance, Data: ------data 1------ --------data 2------ col A col B col C col D yum 180 yum 180 yum 200 yum 630 yum 430 yum 832 yum 330 Objective: Match data 1 to data 2 and identify errors Roll 1 - no problems, both names and value matches Roll 2 & 3 matches of Data 1 matches to roll 2 of data 2 (or vice versa and it could hv 3 values in matches to ...

Auto-send pivot table per user
I have a pivot table which is the performance benchmarking per user. Now what I am doing is double click on user name to drill down their performance per job, copy and plaste it on email, type the email address according to address list, and send to them one by one. Is there any built-in function or VBA/ macro to do these steps with one click? Try Ron de Bruin's website, I needed to do something similar, where I had a pivot table and I needed to email each page field of a pivot table to a different email recipient. The website is as follows:- http://www.rondebruin.nl -- Gary Bro...

combination stacked column and line data
Help. I've been asked to create a chart that has two sets of data that are stacked (columns) and 5 sets of data that display in line format. Is this an option in Excel. I can do a columan and a line but can't seem to add more than that. I'm using Excel 97 (but have access to Excel 2003). Please and thanks. Don't spend a lot of time looking for every last permutation in the "built in custom" chart types. What you probably want isn't there, but it's easy to roll your own type. Make a chart with all data plotted in one format (probably line, so you ha...

avery labels #2
I would like to create a label in Publisher and print on avery 5824 labels. How do I do this? ...

Know of a shortcut for Paste Special Values?
Anybody know of a shortcut for Paste Special Values? You can add the Paste Values button to the toolbar: Choose Tools>Customize Click on the Commands tab Select the Edit category Scroll down the list of commands to find Paste Values Drag the Paste Values command to an existing toolbar Click Close Nanne wrote: > Anybody know of a shortcut for Paste Special Values? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Inventory items should auto fill description in Req mgmt
Inventory items should auto fill the description field in requisition management but only if the description field is blank. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

cell value goes up by one count
,Hello Again Could i get some help with this. How does one get an activecell , that has a value of 1, that is copied from sheet1 to sheet2 so that the value changes from 1 to a 2 and so on depending on how many times I copy a sheet. I hope this makes sense Thanks in Advance Allan =sheet1!(a1). I think you are asking for this formula. It will change the value of current cell (doesn't matter on which sheet you are currently working) to value of Sheet 1's A1 cell. Means if Sheet 1 A1 = 100 and you are currently working on Sheet 2 F1, then this formula will show the F1 value ...

How to import Outlook Contact data into Excel
I have MS Outlook 2002 SP£ and Excel 2002 SP3. I am trying to import contact data from Outlook into Excel where I have created a template for sending out my invoices. Rather than type in data I thought that there must be a way to import the data from my contacts folder in Outlook. Ihave tried via MS Word 'Merge' programme but nothing but rubbish comes out as I cannot enter fields - Word converts my Excel file into its format and scrambles all! Had assumed it would be straightforward - Any sensible and successful ideas anyone? I have Outlook and Excel 2003 so I don'...

Hide Alternate Labels on Date Axis
Hi, I'm having trouble trying to hide every other label along a horizontal date axis. I start on the 01-Jan up to 10-Jan and through using the 'Format Axis'->'Scale'->'Major Unit' and setting this to 2 I can hide the labels: '02-Jan'; '04-Jan'; etc. However, I want to hide the odd dates: '01-Jan'; '03-Jan'; etc. I have tried the various combinations with the dialog box but can't get anything to work. Should I be using a custom formula or something? Any help is much appreciated. Paul. In article <1168177092.892944...

auto-updating the auto-updater so 12.0.1 can be installed forces a complete delete and reinstall of office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Okay - I must confess I never thought that the mac geeks that work for microsoft had any affinity for writing bad code, but i definately found some in the auo-updating system - which after a reinstall didnt recognise that 12.0.1 OR its own update were ready for download - i had to download 12.0.1 as a .dmg and have NO idea how to force the upgrader program to upgrade itself like its supposed to -- because it DID SO ONCE, and as of this moment none of the applications that are updated by that package refect that they have...