Assign a trendline or threshold

How do I assign and display a threshold or trendline on a chart?  For
example, I would like to show an established and pre-determined threshold
line to show across my bar chart to show if the data lies above or below that
mark.  So, it would be a straight line across rather than declining or
inclining like a trendline does.

I have never worked with one and I understand how the trendline can work,
but do not know how to display something like this.  Is this possible?

0
Vicki (34)

Hi,

Have a look at these examples for adding, threshold, lines to charts.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

How do I automatically assign an invoice number in Excel 2003 (I .
There used to be an invoicing toolbar in Excel 2000 that allowed you to assign the invoice number and save the data in a database ...

Assign vs accept
I have created a workflow that sends an automatic e-mail when a case is assigned to someone. This works and the user receives an e-mail that tells him he has a new case assigned to him. But, when he accepts the case, another e-mail is sent telling him exactly the same. It looks like assign and accept is the same thing and that accept is actually 'assign to yourself.' This will also create 4 e-mails in the case history, which I think is a bit much. Is there a way to avoid this? ...

Can we assign a value to a static variable in a static method.
Can we assign a value to a static variable in a static method. class Employee { public: static int getNumEmployees() {return numEmployees;} private: static int numEmployees; }; int Employee::numEmployees = 0; int Employee::getNumEmployees() { numEmployees = 15; // Doesnt allow you to do this??? return numEmployees;} int main() { int nNum = Employee::getNumEmployees(); return 0; } Regards, Alamelu N What happens if you change your code to this: >class Employee { >public: > static int getNumEmployees(); >private: > static int numEmployees; >}; ...

Why won't Excel allow me to assign a macro to run from a command .
When I right click on a command button, I used to be able to assign a macro to that command button from the shortcut menu. Now, "assign macro" isn't even an option in my shortcut menu. Why? Did you select "Customize" first? Whilst the Customize box is open, right click on a selected button... Assign Macro should be the bottom most option. "ltinda01" wrote: > When I right click on a command button, I used to be able to assign a macro > to that command button from the shortcut menu. Now, "assign macro" isn't > even an option in...

users need to see queues that they are assigned to
The problem is a BUSINESS problem. When you are in a large support organization the requirement is that given users need only see the queues that they are assigned to. The fix is not to remove the BU from the Queue but rather manage the access rights to the Queue based on the user role, or at a minimum allow filtering of the Queues based on the user’s BU. The objective is to limit the number of queues that a given user can see. We have a case where the company will have about 70 queues to mange the support of several web sites in both French and English, and in this case some us...

Error Assigning Opportunity
This is the error I'm getting in the Event Viewer when trying to assign an opportunity to another user. Has anyone seen this before?? Thanks! MSCRM Platform Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: A resource required for this operation is disabled. Error Message: A resource required for this operation is disabled. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError...

View attachment files on task assignment details
We have files attached to a task, but by click on "My Tasks" and select that specific task, Assignment Details page will be open. On this page under Attachments I am not able to see my attachment files, eventhoutgh the attachments are avilable on project work space site. I uploaded my attachment files to the task with same process (select the task on my task --->(Assignment Details page)---->attachment--->select document, and attach the document), but it is not avalable on the same page under document to view it. Please advice. Hmm, you should be able to se...

No "Assign Macro"
In the Excel help files it indicates that you can execute a pre-recorded macro from a command button. It states to first record the macro, then create the button, then right click on the button to get the shortcut menu and choose Assign Macro. I have tried this in both Excel 97 and Excel 2002 and in both cases I do not have any such item as "Assign Macro". Am I missing something If not by this elusive shortcut menu item, how can I assign the pre recorded macro through code? Aaron, It may be that your working with a command button from the "Control Toolbox" instead of...

Inbound email activites show up in Assigned or In-progress as completed and can't be removed
I have an issue with the International English version of CRM (1.2). In my Workplace new inbound email shows up in my Assigned folder. I can then re-assign or accept, but as the email is completed it can't be removed. It is the same if I accept the email. It is moved to my In-Progress folder, but I do not have the ability to move it from my queue. I though this was by design and when the regarding Case was closed these activities would be removed then. However they still remain. Has anyone seen this behaviour or it is really simple and I have just missed it? Greg If i understand you c...

Trendline #2
How do I create multiply trendlines on one graph. I have 5 years data on one graph and I want to show a linear trendline for each year on the one graph? Thanks Select and right click each of the series in turn Select 'Add Trendline' Select the line type Click OK Mike "Carlo" wrote: > How do I create multiply trendlines on one graph. I have 5 years data on one > graph and I want to show a linear trendline for each year on the one graph? > Thanks ...

how do I assign a cell equal to another cell
Hai , I facing a problem in Office 2003 , when I pres = then go to the cell that I want , it will come out a formula , anyway to let it come out as cell name (ie =D5 at D20 cell) Thanks Hi try tools / options / view and untick formulas the other option is that your cells have been formatted as text select a blank cell in a new worksheet / workbook and copy it select the misbehaving cells and choose edit / paste special - add cheres JulieD "yl" <yl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDE3D991-0530-4B36-9BEF-DA1EF8AF8D11@microsoft.com... > Hai , I facing...

Assign Macro #2
Hello, I am trying to assign a Macro, that I have recorded, to a command button. When I right-click on one of the sizing handles isn't Assign Macro supposed to appear in the shortcut menu? I still haven't found anything where I can assign a Macro. Really thankful for all your help! /Anna Anna, I think the problem may be that there are two different command buttons you may be using. Case 1: you're putting the command button on a form. Or you're putting a button right on your spreadsheet, but you're using the "form" toolbar to do it. In this case all you get...

assignment redundancy check
i am doing work schedule assignment for my group of 18 people on excel. i sometime assign one person to two different posts by mistake. what is the best way to check for redundancy? the excel file looks as following" ( day) 1 2 3 4 ....... 31 Jan position 1 Mr. A Mr. B Mr. C Mr. D position 2 Mr. B Mr. C Mr. D Mr. E position 3 Mr. C ...... . . . position 18 Mr. X Feb ........ Thanks in advance James Hi, james; One way: select the...

Look Up Type + Assign Entity
Hi, I start to use CRM 2 weeks ago and i have real problem and two questions. 1. We are working with distributors and i would like to create under account andother filed "Distributor Primary Contact" (except of the one that exist "Primary Contact"). 2. I created a new entity and i would liek to be able to assign it, how can i add the assign to the entity? Any suggestion how can i do that? Thanks a lot in advance Inbar Hi, 1. Account and Contact are already having relationship. So, we can create a direct relationship between them. If possible, we have to create a...

Help with Audit, Can't assign value
I have a form which is used to input customer data and has a control which is set to record the current user using the CurrentUser() function tied to the Before Insert event of the form. The same form contain a lookup button with which I can close the form and reopen it with an openargs that causes the form to us a dataset tied to a query which requests the customer last name and returns matching records. The problem is that when I click the button to look up customers I get an error stating that "You can't assign a value to this object". In the VBE the line that I used to assig...

extracting data touching trendline
Hi, I have a chart with dates in the horizontal and number values in the vertical axis. Added a Polynomial trendline with order 2. Now I will need to extract the data points with both horizontal and vertical values that are touching the treandline. Any help, how would this be possible. Thanks in advance. Use LINEST as shown at http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Raz" <Raz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B99F8A26-56EA-4259-A...

Macro commands to assign colors to each line in an Excel chart.
Is there a macro command that will assign a user specifide color to each individual line of a scatter graph? Hi, First, scatter charts do not usually display as lines, so when you say line what do you mean? You chosen as style with connecting lines? or you are refering to drop lines, or error bar lines, or...? You can tell Excel to vary the color by point but if you want to assign specific colors to specific points you will need to write a macro. What version of Excel are you using? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "JohnnyC" wr...

Assigning categories/subcategories automatically
Money remembers previous entries to entries. It would be VERY helpful if we had access to that memory and could alter it. It appears that the longer I use Money, the slower it is to make changes. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft...

Threshold Line Across Chart
I have a column chart that I created in Excel 2003. It plots percentages for each month of the year. The data ranges from 22% - 34%. I want to add a line for my threshold that will go across the chart at 18%. How can this be done? HELP! Thanks, Karen Karen, You can add another data series. -- Regards, Eddie http://www.HelpExcel.com "Karen" wrote: > I have a column chart that I created in Excel 2003. It plots percentages for > each month of the year. The data ranges from 22% - 34%. I want to add a line > for my threshold that will go across the chart at 18%. How can...

How to report the date a customer exceeds a purchase threshold
Hello, I am trying to build a query that will tell me the date a customer crosses a predetermined threshold. I have an invoice table that carries the invoice date and the amount invoiced among other things. We would like to reward customers that do x amount of business with us. How can I query a the invoice table to tell me what date each customer has accumulated x amount of business. For instance. I want to know when a customer goes over $10,000.00 in business. I am sorry if I am not using the right terms but hopefully I have come close to expressing my question. Your help is appreciated....

Add legend to trendline?
I am charting total cash income 1530-1650 for a foundation against the left axis. Against the right axis is the constant (uninflated) value of this income. As these two lines intersect frequently, the chart is too busy, so I have inserted a 10-year moving average trendline for the latter line, and “cleared” the actual constant value line. Now there are only two lines on my chart—total cash income and the trendline of its constant value, which is how I want it. The problem is that when I “cleared” the constant value line, the corresponding line in the legend also disappeared, but the le...

Money automatically assigns splits
How do I stop Money 2006 from automatically assigning splits based on a past transaction ? E.g. if I go to Costco and spend $50 on groceries and $20 on misc, next time I download transactions from my credit card and the Payee is Costco, Money automatically enters splits ($50 groceries and $20 misc), even though the downloaded transaction has a different amount altogether... Does anybody know how to stop this stupid behavior ? And, how to prevent Money from automatically assigning categories to the downloaded transactions ? Thanks ! Don't download transaction data? That was the seriou...

Trendline
Does the trendline feature only work from the primary Y axis or can I get a trendline based on the 2nd Y axis. Thanks JDB I have just (in the last 3 mins) made an XY chart with x from 1 to 10, y = 2*x and z=1000*x+500 Gave z a secondary axis Gave each of y and z a trendline and the equations are correct. So yes, you can I am not being rude, just curious. Did you try a simple experiment and have trouble getting two trendlines? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "JDB" <> wrote in message news:f9fed4e...

Assign macro to check box?
Is it possible to make my macro turn on the auto filter when checked, and turn it off when unchecked? Rows("3:3").Select Selection.AutoFilter Range("A4").Select End Sub hi if using a check box from the control tool box, this should work auto filter is boolean meaning the same command that turns it on also turns it off if it's on. i removed the select and selection parts...........not needed. Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() If Me.CheckBox1.Value = True Then 'turn of Rows("3:3").AutoFilter Range("A4"...

Assign a Resource to 1 hour of work
I have 4 tasks that will take 1 hour of work. I will assign 4 resources for that task at 1 hour. All my resources are 100% unit. When I assign the resources do I need to change 100% units? Not sure what to change it to. All I know is that I altered the units for each resources to 10% instead of 100% and it's not coming out right. It shouldn't change the day but it's pushing the project date out 4 days instead of 4 hours. I'm so confused. How do you schedule an hour of work for 4 resources on one task? Hi, What IS the duration of he task? You say it'...