Arrange fonts in Axis?

Dear all,

There is anyway to change the format of the fonts form
the y or x Axis?

For example i have in X axis q1, q2, q3, q4

There is anyway to have q1 with blue or bold fonts?

Thanks in advance
Manos

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Manos,

As used for a previous post.
http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng18.htm

And this page has a few more techniques that could be used.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/staggeredlabels.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Quity difficult, because i do not have so many knowledges
to visual, so i can not be sure if i can make it work to
another workbook but thanks mate.

0
anonymous (74722)

Using windows colors and fonts in access forms
I have an Access application I'm developing for an internship and my familiarity with access is pretty low. I am developing in Access 2002 and VBA and would like to make my forms look "pretty" by inheriting the color settings (and font settings if possible, but I'm more interested in color) from the windows display properties. I'm guessing that the color inheritance is possible using the Windows API, but I don't know where or how to accomplish this. Thanks, Rudy Don't have a clue on the fonts, but the colors are easy! Just place any of the Color IDs in the co...

Line Graphs, X-axis
I'm trying to draw a line graph where the X-axis is represented by date and time. From the left to right, my points go from 20-seconds apart to 5-minutes apart. However, my Excel graph shows all the points equidistant from each other. How can have these points represented by my actual times? Thank you. That is the definition of the misleadingly named "Line" chart. It has nothing to do with whether you want a line or not. Instead it specifies that the x's are categories that have no numerical scaling. Any (optional) x-values are interpreted as labels rather tha...

How can I arrange my received e-mails in a order I want?
I need to be able to rearrange my e-mails in the inbox. gargom wrote: > I need to be able to rearrange my e-mails in the inbox. Click on a column header to sort by that field. Each click toggles between ascending and descending sort order. If you want more sort fields involved, customize the view where you can specify up to 3 fields on which to sort. ...

I want my X axis to have 5-10 minute intervals
I have stats where I would like to have 5-10 minute intervals for my x axis. The Y axis has simple numbers. For example: Date/hour/minutes Y 7/14/05 23:45 45 7/14/05 23:50 50 7/15/05 01:00 40 It is only producing a chart with all the different incremental values spread in equal proportions - I want the numbers to appear closer to each other (the first two are only 5 minutes apart - the last two are 15 minutes apart) as they should - otherwise the chart is off and spread way out rather than looking a a correct time frame...

What is the font size different in an Outlook message auto insert
When I setup a signature in Outlook 2003 with a 12 pt font it appears in the message at a signature with a 10 pt font when isert automatically or manually. My message font is set at 12 pt. -- Peggy You probably have a stationary set up. Try remove the stationary in the options "Peggy Wehe" <PeggyWehe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D99DF0-0118-4437-AE8C-B32B5E866973@microsoft.com... > When I setup a signature in Outlook 2003 with a 12 pt font it appears in > the > message at a signature with a 10 pt font when isert automatically or > manu...

Outlook 2003
I'm using Newsgator to bring news and blogs into Outlook 2003. Newsgator inserts new items as "Note" types. I have contacted Newsgator who think the issue is with Outlook 2003 - Can anyone confirm: When I change my View -> Arrange By to Conversation on a news or blog folder created by newsgator (assuming that View -> Expand / Collapse Groups -> Always Show Unread and Flagged Messages is checked), groups containing read messages are not collapsed. All messages in the group are "read" and non are "flagged"... the group should collapse, but it ...

different fonts installed on different computers
(1) Very odd: I installed Office Ultimate a couple of months ago on my desktop. Now, installed it as well on my laptop. I find a font ("teen") installed on my laptop, but not the desktop....and it was installed from the same DISK 1. So, where is that font (and potentially others?) on my desktop? How do I know that I have all the fonts possible on both computers? (2) When successfully installing Office Ultimate on the laptop, it never asked me for Disk 2?? What's on that? What should I do? thx Richard Office doesn't install all the fonts by default. Insert your disk, ...

Excel graph: Specifying the x-axis tic-increment
Hi: For the x-axis (horizontal axis) how do I specify the tic-mark interval ? In other words, if the x-min value is 0.0 and the x-max value is 100.0, and I want evenly-spaced tic-marks with a tic-interval of say 10 (or 25, or 50) how/where do I specify these values/lables for this axis? Thank you... DaleB Hi, Assuming you are using a xy-scatter chart double click the X axis and on the scale tab set the Major Unit value. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "DaleB" <DaleB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DB683DC-CE62...

Outlook font #2
I am trying to figure out how to change the font in outlook. So far all I have come across is how to change the font on sent messages. I need to make the font bigger in my inbox so I can read the message headings with ease. I really hope that there is some way to do this. Your help is greatly appreciated. Kilgore Trout <Kilgore Trout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to figure out how to change the font in outlook. So far > all I have come across is how to change the font on sent messages. I > need to make the font bigger in my inbox so I can read the m...

Font issues!!!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I installed Microsoft Office 2008 on my brand new macbook pro. In each program (word, excel...) when I highlight some text and select a font it puts in a different font instead. Any suggestions? -cgonzales3@mac.com On 6/5/08 2:56 PM, in article ee9d875.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "cgonzales3@officeformac.com" <cgonzales3@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > I installed Microsoft Office 2008 on my brand new macbook pro...

Default font for forms
How do I change the default font when designing a form? It defaults to Tahoma and I don't want it to. As far as I know you cannot create a new default font for all controls at once. However, you can change the default font (and alignment, etc.) for each type of control. Open the toolbox, click the icon for the control, and click the Properties icon on the toolbar (or click View > Properties from the menu). Make the desired changes to font, etc. The changes will apply to new controls. You will need to make similar changes for other controls. "Rod" <Rod@discussio...

Formatting palette does not show axis labels, grid lines, etc.
Version: 2008 My formatting palette has rendered me unable to edit any of my charts. When I clock on a chart, there is nowhere on the palette to add/change axis titles, grid lines, font, or nearly anything at all. I'm not sure when this happened or how to get these options back. <br><br>I have tried simply going into toolbars and editing/resetting them, but as I lack Excel knowledge I do not know what else to try. Try clicking the bent arrow button at the right end of the palette's title bar. When the Toolbox 'flips over' restore the checks for the missing ...

Font Sizes
I receive emails from some people that are HTML based emails, and you can't change the font size for anything. It defaults to whatever font they composed in, and will not allow me to adjust it or use the scroll command with ctrl-mouse to zoom in. Can you Help! Thanks, Rich Hallinski Rich Hall <rhall@spectrumcontract.com> wrote: > I receive emails from some people that are HTML based emails, and you > can't change the font size for anything. > > It defaults to whatever font they composed in, Let's hope so. > and will not allow me > to adjust it or...

Outlook Fonts #3
Hi, Is there a way for me to push out a registry or file update to set all Outlook 2003 users to use a particular font? I can't seem to find it in the registry! Thanks! ...

CRichEditCtrl and zero advance characters in fonts
Many Asian languages like Thai and Nepali use fonts where some characters (usually vowels) have zero advance and effectively sit above or below the preceding character. These fonts are usually not Unicode, being crafted for Windows 98 or below, and simply utilise the character space from 0x20 to 0x7f. When such fonts are used in a CRichEditCtrl, or even WordPad, the zero advance is replaced by what looks like the advance for the default character. So, instead of getting a letter with a vowel above it followed by another letter one gets a letter with a vowel above it, a space, then the followi...

create a scale x axis that matches the straighted form of a norma.
I have to create an x axis scale the matches equal distances along a normal distribution curve such that when this curve is ploted on this graph, the scaling makes the cure turn into straight line. Logarithmic x scaling doesn't work for this. How else can I achieve this? Thanks JOhn If I understand what you want to do, you should check Mike Middleton's http://www.usfca.edu/fac-staff/middleton/demand.pdf -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <1CB56308-A7E6-4891-83A6-A76F...

Changing Font on Whole Document
I have a 34 page document in Publisher 2007 with about 4 text boxes on each page. Is there a way to change the font of all the text boxes on all pages at once? Thank you. No there isn't. With your cursor in the text box with your preferred font, double-click the Painter tool, click each text box. Or open the Font Schemes, select a font scheme or create one of your own, click Font Scheme Options. Be certain the Override is checked. The should change all the text boxes. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Casey" <Casey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

xl chart font sizing into PPT
Hi Jon and Tushar, et al, Problem is getting charts from XL into PPT with the font sizing remaining intact as planned. E.g. want x and y axes as 10 points. (VBA alllowed here) Typically would use custom chart sheet page sizes to handle this and does work perfectly by resizing Insert/Object to 100% (never use copy/paste). Problem lies in chart being planned at right size but underrsized for this month 'cuz gotta add more text in textbox above it. So chart gets smaller and so do fonts. So end user resizes chart down some % which resizes fonts in "actual size, but not in XL size" ...

How to get font information from clipboard #2
I am writing an image process program. I want to cut or copy some text with font information from other software, such as MS Word, Excel etc . In my program, the text will be draw on screen with same font. So I need to get the font information from clipboard, what should I do? Thanks. ...

Transposing Axis's
Hi, I'm trying to do a line chart, and show the monthly movement on the lines to go from the top of the chart, down to the bottom, rather than left to right. I cannot see how to achieve this, I think it may be a case of transposing axis around but am not sure? - can anyone help. Hi, In order to have lines go up/down rather than left/right you need to use the xy-scatter chart. Stephen Bullen has an example, FunChrt2.zip http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm Cheers Andy Marky Mark wrote: > Hi, > > I'm trying to do a line chart, and show the monthly movement on the...

Abillity to arrange Departments in the order you want
When adding a new Department in is always added to the top of the Department list in the Z & ZZ reports. It would be nice to be able to move them around so that they can be put in the order that is the handiest. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http...

emphasize one value axis
How do I emphasize one axis value by making that gridline darker than the others: example: 160,000__________________(gridline) 150,000__________________(gridline only want thicker) 140,000__________________(gridline) deb wrote: > How do I emphasize one axis value by making that gridline > darker than the others: > example: > 160,000__________________(gridline) > 150,000__________________(gridline only want thicker) > 140,000__________________(gridline) Is it possible to make the 150,000 gridline a "major" and the other two "minor" gridlines? Then you c...

Font letter & numbers turning in to empty square boxes
Pub 2003 started to change numbers into empty square boxes. The problem is I have 16 pages and to create or carry over the info would take 2 days to fix. It appears it happens in the present file but the same info in a new pub file works. There are no viruses. XP OS 1 What causes this? 2 Can I import or copy the present file into a new pub2003 filw w/o bringing over the corruption? The troublesome font is Arial Narrow / Garamond but it works fine in all other programs. 3 Can I repair the present pub 2003 file? I have twiddled with this and I can't find anything on the web. It could be a ...

undo window arrange in excel
In Excel I wanted to view two worksheets at once. Checked "windows of active workbook". Worked fine but now all my worksheets open this way in a floating window. How do I cancel this feature? ...

text box with varied font size
Could someone please help me with some terminology? What kind of text box is used on a template or document where the font size is dependant on how much text is inserted into the box? For example the font size can start out at say 64, and then the more text you type in the box the smaller the font size will get. The text does not go into the overflow area. Is there a particular name for this type of box? Thank you for your help. Try; right click on the textbox, select Format Textbox > Text Box > in the section "Text autofitting" try either Shrink text on overflow or Best...