Are Pivot Charts only useful with limited number of categories(x-axis)?

I'm brand new to Pivot Charts and trying to figure out what I thought
would be simple:  I have a Column Chart with $Sales for the Y axis and
Salesperson on the X(category) axis.  There are hundreds of
salespeople, which results in the chart displaying extremely thin lines
with totally unreadable category labels( salesperson initials).  Is
there not a way to specifiy a gap between categories on the X axis?  Or
some way to space them apart and be able to scroll the chart
horizontally?  I have a feeling you are all going to tell me scrolling
is just a dream :)

TIA,

-Mike

How can i change the default line weight in an excel chart #2
I select a heavier line weight for a Pivotchart graph so it is easier to see, however every time i change something on the graph from the drop down box the line weight goes back to it default (lighter) weight. Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's information in the following MSKB article, suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 NPG wrote: > I select a heavier line weight for a Pivotchart graph so it is easier to see, > however every...

Searching for repeated numbers in the same column
In the future, put your question in the body of the message, please. We cannot respond to empty messages (title only). Assume your numbers are in column A, from row 2 down to row 1044 In any available column, put this formula on row 2: =CountIf($A$2:$A$1044,A2) and fill the formula down to row 1044. It will show a value of 1 where the number in column A is unique to the list, it will show a value greater than 1 where multiple occurrences of the number on that row appear in the list. ...

Categorised / Stacked column chart
Can someone tell me how to create the following style of chart? [image: http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/5287/examplechart6cr.png] Thanks. :) -- Barguast ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Barguast's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28838 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=485881 Clustered-Stacked Column Chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solut...

Linking a copied chart to new data in Excel 2007
When I copy a sheet with data and a chart of that data to a new sheet, the new chart still references the original data. Is there any way on Excel 2007 that I can copy a sheet with data and a chart of that data to a new sheet so that the new chart references the new data, allowing me to change the new data so that the new chart also changes, whilst the original chart stays the same? This would save me having to recreate the same chart for different sets of data. If you use Copy&Paste that is what happens You need to copy the worksheet not the contents I wil assume you want the new...

Informal Survey: Attachment Size Limit?
I'd like a bit of an informal survey, to find out what other Administrators use as a file attachment restriction/limit, and under what type of internet network connection they work with. I am working with a DSL connection, where our connection speed is roughly equivalant to a T1 line. I have a file attachement limit of 25 meg on our Exchange 2000 server. I am receiving complaints from senior project managers and senior management that the file attachement size is to small. Is it really, or is it being poorly used? They use the email server as a storage solution, and email proposals, r...

How can I create stem and leaf charts / box plots?
-- Dave Finch See http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html#BoxWhisker best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Dave Finch" <DaveFinch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6817357A-A4C7-41B3-A11B-1F3304EB5BBD@microsoft.com... > > -- > Dave Finch ...

Validating floating point numbers
I'm building up 32-bit 'float' and 64-bit 'double' values from data that is arriving over a serial link. Do any of you fine people know of a function or method that I can use to confirm that the data makes a valid floating point number and not a NAN or infinity, etc? Thanks. -- Fenster Fenster wrote: > I'm building up 32-bit 'float' and 64-bit 'double' values from data that > is arriving over a serial link. Do any of you fine people know of a > function or method that I can use to confirm that the data makes a valid > floating po...

Ambitious Gantt chart
Hiya, I am creating a Gantt chart in Excel to show the tasks in an aircraft turnaround: The timeline is from 18:00 when the aircraft stops at the terminal gate to 20:30 when the plane pushes back from the gate (and heads to the runway). All of the tasks in the Gantt chart are the various processes involved on the turnaround, for example cleaning, security check, fuelling, etc. So far this is very doable using techniques offered by Jon Peltier and many other sources. However, there are two things I'd like to add that I just can't get my head around: 1. I'd like to capture...

Account categories #2
We have a client who determined that the standard account categories were not suffiecient and rather than rename some of the base categories, created about ten new categories which are not showing up on the financial reports. How do we get the new categories to show up on reports (Quick FInancial P&L for example)? Do we have to modify the base reports or is there a simpler answer? thanks in advance A "simpler" answer would be to use FRx which would give the user much greater control over the report formatting, regardless of what categories are set up in GL. -- Charles ...

Mailbox limits exceeded message
hello all-- Is there any way (short of an event sink) to change the message below? This is what the users get when they've hit the warn limit on the mailbox store... Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator. Your mailbox size is 70133 KB. Mailbox size limits: You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 50000 KB. You cannot send mail when your mailbox reaches 60000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size. To make more space available, delete any items that you are no longer using or ...

Extra columns in Pivot Tables
When I add a second data item into the data area in pivot tables, the second data item appears below the first. Is there any way of making the item appear in a separate column instead? Just grab the Grey cell marked Data (Probably B3), and drag it to the Column Fields, eg C3 Regards Ken.................... "Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76516B7B-FDD2-45F1-A993-51847FA77866@microsoft.com... > When I add a second data item into the data area in pivot tables, the > second > data item appears below the first. Is there ...

SUMIFS using a text rage
I am still trying to make the conversion from 2003 to 2007. In particular I'm trying to understand the SUMIFS since they are more efficient than arrays. I bring accounting data in from a database. The accounts and department come in as TEXT values. I'm trying to sort on TEXT ranges without having to convert to VALUES. DEP 110 60010 60999 110 65000 65999 110 70000 74999 110 75000 79999 110 80000 80109 110 80110 81999 110 82000 89999 120 60000 60999 120 65000 65999 120 70000 74999 120 75000 79999 120 80000 80109 120...

How to remove weekends from the chart
I am trying to create a very simple chart with the "Dates" on the x-axis and "Data" on the y-axis. Since i do not have any data on the weekends i do not have that in the list from where the chart is being made, however the chart always shows up the weekends as well, with the entry being blank. Data as below: date data 2-Feb-09 5 3-Feb-09 7 4-Feb-09 19 5-Feb-09 12 6-Feb-09 14 9-Feb-09 18 10-Feb-09 10 11-Feb-09 11 12-Feb-09 4 13-Feb-09 5 I want to know if there is a way to remove the weekends with the blank data from the Charts Hi, You need to plot the axis as catego...

How do I compare a vertical column of numbers to another verical .
I have an Excel workbook that contains 2 verical columns of numerical part numbers that I need to compare for matches and no matches so I can synchronize one set of data to another. warehouse guy wrote: || I have an Excel workbook that contains 2 verical columns of || numerical part numbers that I need to compare for matches and no || matches so I can synchronize one set of data to another. Have a look here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#HighlightingDuplicates -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

Excel graph: Specifying the x-axis tic-increment
Hi: For the x-axis (horizontal axis) how do I specify the tic-mark interval ? In other words, if the x-min value is 0.0 and the x-max value is 100.0, and I want evenly-spaced tic-marks with a tic-interval of say 10 (or 25, or 50) how/where do I specify these values/lables for this axis? Thank you... DaleB Hi, Assuming you are using a xy-scatter chart double click the X axis and on the scale tab set the Major Unit value. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "DaleB" <DaleB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DB683DC-CE62...

Exchange 5.5 Limit
I've got Exchange 5.5 SP4 and want to know how to find out if I'm close to the 16GB limit. Is adding up the 'Total K' column in the MS Exchange Administrator accurate? Should I look somewhere else? Thanks, John You need to look at the size of the database file. Look in C:\Exchsrvr\MDBData and check the size of the priv.edb file. -- Cheers, Steve Antonio Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1022q9kf36pspb0@corp.superne...

Use of <string>
I am trying to use the standard C++ library <string> in an MFC application. I have the include statement in the view source file but get �error C2065: 'string' : undeclared identifier� when I try to declare a variable of type string. When I click on the �string� in the #include <string> it opens a file with the definition of �string� as the declarator for a basic_string. That is, the browser seems to know where to look for the definition of string. Yes, I know I could use CString. This is more of a learning exercise. Thanks. Best regards, Thomas Tim, Thanks fo...

run report that uses a set of dates
Once again I am baffled! I need to keep track of projects that get checked out to be updated. Each sheet is a different project. In column B I have when the project was checked out. IN column C I have the date the project was checked back in. The formulas I am currently using are: Column D: =TRIM(IF(B9<>"","out","")&" "&IF(C9<>"","in","")) which gives :"out" if not checked in and "Out IN" if it is. Column E: =IF(B9>C9,"OUT","In") This tells me if the project...

Recommendation on how to use semi-fixed variables in a Query
I need to use about 8-10 variables that will only 'seldom' change in the calculations of query fields. Because the variables will be used in multiple expressions within the query, it would seem to be best to only have to change them/it in just one location. Should I use a table? The variables will all be numbers (if that makes a difference?). Simplest solution might be to build the SQL statement, embedding the variables, at the time you need it. This would be a piece of code to OpenRecordset() and retrieve the rows you need, and concatenate the values into the string. You co...

How do I create page numbers in multiple sections?
I have a document with different sections set up but am trying to get the page numbers in the footer to start from 1 in each section and can't get it to work. It would be Section 1 - Page 1 then Page 2, then Section 2 - Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, then Section 3 - Page 1, Page 2, etc... Help!! make sure in the footer "link to previous" is off in each new section. hope this helps. "Frustrated Footers" wrote: > I have a document with different sections set up but am trying to get the > page numbers in the footer to start from 1 in each section and can...

Using an Excel File in Mailings
I have an Excel 2003 database that I used to do "Mail Merge" in Word or Publicher for all types of reports, labels, lists, certificates, etc. Now I'm using 2007 and having a terrible time trying to get it to do what I want! If I make changes to the xls file while I'm in Word, it creates duplicate entries. If I make changes in Excel, they may or may not be there the next time I open it! I had a pretty good handle on doing about anything I wanted with 2003 but 2007 doesn't think the same way I do! Any ideas? ...

Question for WINSCP software and code for excel application currently using FTP for uploading downloading files from File Server and needs to be changed to SFTP
Hi All, I am using 1. Open = InternetOpen(FTP_AGENT, INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG, vbNullString, vbNullString, 0) 'Return a handle/Open an internet connection and other functionality like 2. public Function upload(ByVal pSourceFile As String, ByVal pTargetFile As String) As Boolean upload = FtpPutFile(zlhwndConnection, pSourceFile, pTargetFile, FTP_TRANSFER_TYPE_BINARY, 0) End Function ************************************ 3. Public Function download(ByVal pSourceFile As String, ByVal pTargetFile As String) As Boolean On Error GoTo eofn download = ...

Office X compatible with Leopard?
Hi, just wondering if anyone can confirm whether Office X works without problems on Leopard? Thanks On 11/3/07 4:09 PM, in article 1194131365.911787.205870@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com, "drdeprez@mac.com" <drdeprez@mac.com> wrote: > > Hi, just wondering if anyone can confirm whether Office X works > without problems on Leopard? Thanks I haven't seen reports that it did not. However Office X is End of Life software. You can buy the Student and Teachers edition of 2004 now for $150 and get the $500 version of Office 2008 for $10. Microsoft is now offering Office ...

how to import Eudora 5.x folders
I'm trying to switch from Eudora to Outlook. I have numerous folders with saved emails from clients, etc. and want to access from outlook. 1. is it possible to import the folders with content email? 2. how to do it? Eudora version is 5.2 in paid mode. Did you look on the File, Import menu? See if the information at http://www.slipstick.com/config/convmsg.htm helps any. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) ...

IE crashing when using CRM
Hi all, Is anyone else having IE (version 6) crash while using CRM? Lately a couple people internally have been having this issue intermittently when attempting to access menu or drop down boxes, IE just crashes and wants to sedn error reports. I'm guessing it is a suspect windows update.... but not 100% sure. Anyone else seen this? Thanks, Nathan. I am having this problem as well and I have heard it is an IE update....but I haven't seen a solution yet. "Nathan Warner" <NathanWarner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:734FB2B2-2A2E-4CF5-98EB-2...