applying st. dev. of a data set to a trendline forcast

I have a "bowl" with a capacity and flow through (water treatment plant). I
have a flow data set with a standard deviation (I cannot have for the entire
data set on the chart since it would turn black from too much data).  I have
a line for 90% capacity of the plant.  I have a trendline for my data set
(some data is already outside my 90%). I would like to apply that standard
deviation to the trendline to forcast when my plant can no longer handle the
flow (when my st. dev. is above my 90% capacity.

Best fit data from a best fit curve?
MS Excel 2003. I have followed the instructions to apply best fit curve to my raw data points. I have a best fit curve that I am happy with, and I now need to extract the corresponding actual best fit data from the curve for use in other software applications. Does someone know how? Hi, See Bernard's page, which also includes a link to Tushar's page. http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm Cheers Andy Gigi wrote: > MS Excel 2003. I have followed the instructions to apply best fit curve to > my raw data points. I have a best fit curve that I am happy w...

How do I set up a stacked chart
I have the following data: Fall 05 Spring 06 Summer 06 Exc Org 48% 56% 44% Good Org 52% 44% 66% Exc Med 77% 80% 84% Good Med 23% 20% 16% I would like the good percent to stack on top of the exc percent for each department. -- Thank you Thank you Hi, If you want a cluster/stack chart have a look at the following http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy ...

OL2000: Propotional / fixed-width font settings
What is the significance of the proportional / fixed-width font options under International Font settings in Outlook? Outlook always chooses the proportional option anyway. Furthermore, how does Outlook reconcile the setting under "when composing and reading plain text" vs. the settings under International Fonts? Say I have a plain text message in ISO 8859-1. How does Outlook decide what font to use to display the text? ...

MDA to AA data migration
Has anyone successfully migrated MDA data to AA? We want to implement AA but are waiting for AA support from a 3rd party (AIT from mc2). We are considering implementing MDA for the short-term, then migrating to AA once it's supported by AIT. Mike, Currently working on a tool to do so, if you are interested in talking about it please contact me. MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Mike Muscarella" wrote: > Has anyone successfully migrated MDA data to AA? We want to implement AA but > are waiting fo...

Deleting rows containing common data
I have an Excel 2000 spreadsheet with 30,000 rows. The rows look like this: 007-007 68-4611 68-4682 total 007-007 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 68-4682 total 007-007 68-4682 total How do I delete the rows containing "total" One way: 1. Select the range and apply an AutoFilter (Data > Filter > AutoFilter) 2. On the drop-down list, select "Total". 3. Select the range again if needed. 5. Press F5 > Special and click "Visible Cells Only." 6. Remove...

Underlying Connection was Closed when opening System Settings
I've seen a couple of threads on "Underlying Connection was Closed" when opening System Settings. I just found a solution not mentioned in those posts and thought I would add to the knowledge base. System Settings requires a connection to Microsoft SQL Reporting Server (SRS). If your SRS server is down or offline the above error will be displayed. Zack Jones Chief Architect Q1 Technology ...

Creating a new chart- why Set NewChart = Charts.Add doesn't work?
I've got the following code: Charts.Add Set NewChart = Charts.Add NewChart.ChartType = xlLineMarkers NewChart.SetSourceData Source:=rng2Plot, PlotBy:=xlRows NewChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="GraphResults" With NewChart .HasTitle = True .ChartTitle.Characters.Text = Title .Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True .Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text = "Date" .Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True .Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text = "Nu...

Lowest value in a selection of data
Hi What formula would I use to find the lowest value in a selection of data i.e. B49:E52. Much Appreciated Brian =MIN(B49:E52) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007a Jumping in here... Is it possible to know the address of the cell containing the minimum value? John. You can use the MATCH function to locate the (relative) position, but if you have more than one value which are minima then it will only find the first. Pete On Nov 16, 7:23 pm, John Google <JohnGoo...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > Jumping in here... > > Is it possible to know the address of the cell containin...

Try Catch to Pinpoint Set-Based Error?
SQL 2008. I have a fairly simple Merge statement with this: When Not Matched Then Insert Values ( ... long column list ... cast( crazyCol1 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) , cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) ) The insert source is about 50,000 rows. One of the rows is failing the cast (original source is varchar(36). I would like to implement a try/catch block around this somehow so I can catch the offending row. How can I do that? Thanks. SnapDive (...

connecting to data access page with filter criteria
I have an access database that I connect to from a GIS application (ArcView) using VBscript. I need to port my GIS project to the free viewer (ArcReader) which does not support VBscript but does support hyperlinking to a URL based on a value supplied by an underlying record. In my current project I can send filter critera to open a particular database, form and record. Would it be possible to do the same using data access pages or would I need to create a separate page for each record I want linked? ...

Regarding data needed for regular meetings
Hello. I have a project that must be finished in Q4 in order to garner revenue for the year. To that end, I'm enforcing daily (1/2 hour) and weekly meetings. I'm trying to figure out what views are appropriate for which meeting. Perhaps in the daily meeting a view filtered to show the week's activities. Then in the weekly meeting, what, maybe a report showing activities for the month along with risks and issues? Anybody have real-world expertise they can apply to this? Thanks in advance. ...

Activated Outlook and lost all data on Outlook Express
When I downloaded Windows XP Patch 2 it included Outlook. I installed the patch and activated Outlook. My old Outlook Express disappeared, along with a lot of files that I hadn't read/responded to/saved. Is Outlook Express still somewhere in my computer system? How do I access it to review and save some of the files that were there? -- TeacherGuy If you use outlook 2003, try to import data from outlook express to outlook 2003. from menu of oulook 2003, file > import & export > import internet mail and addresses > Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x "TeacherGuy"...

How do I reduce the number of data points I have??
Hi , I have some 10000 data points from which I need to reduce to something like 100 points before making an xy chart. Typically I would like to make a chart of every 10th point. So basically I need to reduce the length of my two rows. Is there any way I can do this easily?? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- swapan From the Microsoft Charting FAQ: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon024 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ ssan...

Do Pivot Tables have an automatic data range expansion?
As I add new rows of data to my data base, my pivot table will not expand to include them after refreshing. Is there any way of setting the pivot table to include the entire database regardless of its continuously growing size? Right now, as I add a new row of data I must delete my old Pivot table and create a new one from scratch. Is this normal? You can use a dynamic range that grows/contracts with your data. Debra Dalgleish explains it all at: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic David.c.h wrote: > > As I add new rows of data to my data base, my pivot table wil...

Extract Data from curupted Access 2000 Database
any sugestion on how to Extract Data from curupted Access 2000 Database ??? the Error i get when attempting to Open The microsoft jet database engine stoped the process becouse you and another user are attempting to change the same data. Hi Levon, See http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:34:58 -0700, "Levon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >any sugestion on how to Extract Data from curupted Access >2000 Database ??? > > >the Error i get when attempting to Open > >The microsoft jet database engine s...

Is there a way to Sort Data by font color or cell shading?
I have a long list of items that I sort by either item number or date depending on what I'm looking for. From time to time these items status will change and I will gray them out by just shading the background of the cell gray. Is there a way I can sort these items by the background/shading of the cell first and then the secondary sort be date? So all the cells which contain gray shading will be first in the list (sorted by date if possible) then the rest of the list without the gray shading will follow by date as well. Thanks. Take a look at this link: http://www.cpearson.c...

International Range style settings
Hi there, I am using Excel 2007, the Ducth version. I have created a workbook with macros, partly recorded. In one of the I am using some code like With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Ongeldig" End If End With In the English version it shoul be With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Bad" End If End With Is there a constant I can ue instead of the text "Bad"? Thanks Wouter Styles have both Name and Local name properties, so I *think* the English name should work ...

Ms access data type detail
I am using Ms access 2007, can anyone explain to me all the DATA TYPES, like what are their limitations etc. Also how can i create a drop down list and allows selecting more than 1 texts. e.g ... in my db i have an option for known languages and the answers could be more than one. English, French, Spanish etc Start here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/HA102744471033.aspx Aamir wrote: > I am using Ms access 2007, can anyone explain to me all the DATA TYPES, > like what are their limitations etc. > > Also how can i create a drop down list and al...

Outlook 2003 changing global auto archive settings?
Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days. It allows you to run it more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently. In other words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive the bottom four months. It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60 days. Is there a way to do this? I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say no, will it continue to ask? Or, will it never ask again? Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my se...

Outlook 2000 unable to use apply
Recently, our Exchange Server 5.5 crashed. We restored all the mailboxes using exmerge. The only problem we are running into now is a few clients cannot apply any changes they make. The apply button is gray. The user in question has local admin rights. Help! ...

missing data--again!
Hello: A GP 8.0 client on SQL 2000 (8.00.2039) has reported--for the second time since late last August--that their unposted journal entry data keeps literally disappearing. Fortunately, I have had a backup that I can successfully restore. Also, I ran DBCC CHECKDB and Check Links in general, plus SQL is automatically performing this maintenance weekly every Sunday AM. No errors are reported. They have had, over the last year, one or two network issues pop up. But, I am having difficulty telling them for the second time to chalk it up to a network glitch. Again, it is only their un...

sort data
i am trying, unsuccessfullty, to sort some data (a small example is below) so I can graph it. I want to put it into a pivot table format but don't want calculations, just the actual data. any ideas??/ Location DATE Result WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 19-Jul-05 0.83 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 23-Jun-05 0.8 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 28-May-05 1.16 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 02-May-05 0.93 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 06-Apr-05 0.66 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 11-Mar-05 0.59 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 13-Feb-05 0.54 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 18-Jan-05 0.62 WAT002WA ALBANY TOP 09-Mar-07 0.73 ...

Sending graphic data to another computer2
Thank you for your reply... But I don't want to create a file, Just to send data and then show them in the server app. > this code captures the screen and writes it to a jpg, writing to a file will > take long, you should look into something that changes the bitmap into a jpg > in memory, perhapse even lets you play with the DPI (quality) to reduce the > size of the jpg. Like i said, my example creates a file, but you SHOULD NOT CREATE A FILE, you should simply convert the Bitmap to a JPG in memory so that it does not take too much memory. The bigger the image the longer it...

Archiving Dynamics GP MFG Data
Has anyone ever archived any of their Dynamics GP MFG Data? We need to do this but can't find any information on the best way to do so. Our data volume has grown over the years and queries are taking a performance hit as a result. In our test environment I found a 300% increase in efficiency when posting MO Receipts after deleting the data in the MOP1027 table, in which we had over 4 million records. I posted previously about MO Receipt posting being slower after upgrading and found that SQL 2k sp4 returns the following error found in the DEXSQL.log often when trying to perform inserts...

Exporting e-mail to a data file
I've tried a couple of varieties (Access, CSV) with similar results. Neither option includes the "Received" field. Why is that? How do I include the "Received" field in the exported file? Thank you, Bill Allen If you use Access to set up a linked table connected to your mail = folder, you will see the Received date among the available properties. = Third-party export tools are also available; see = http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customimport.htm#tools --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olco...