Advanced chart question

Hi,

I have an interesting question on charting, hope someone can help me
out with it. For a performance analysis I am showing both the
performance of a portfolio (line) and its corresponding benchmark
(bar). In order to make the out- or under performance more visible I
would like to give to "balls" in the line a red color in case of
under
performance and a green color in case of out performance. Obviously
you can do this manual but I have over twenty graphs with 20 points;-
(...........
Any suggestions if this can be set automatic??

many thanks!

Rgds
Robert

Hi
See if the article at
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html
does what you want.

Regards,
Pedro J.

> Hi,
>
> I have an interesting question on charting, hope someone can help me
> out with it. For a performance analysis I am showing both the
> performance of a portfolio (line) and its corresponding benchmark
> (bar). In order to make the out- or under performance more visible I
> would like to give to "balls" in the line a red color in case of
> under
> performance and a green color in case of out performance. Obviously
> you can do this manual but I have over twenty graphs with 20 points;-
> (...........
> Any suggestions if this can be set automatic??
>

> many thanks!
>

> Rgds
> Robert

Help with laying out data for a chart
Excel 2003 Hello, I am trying to lay out my data for a chart but am not able to get the desired results. I would like to be able to list minimum and maximum salaries for various positions in my company and to be able to chart this information so the chart shows the minimum and maximum salaries by position. As an example, I have laid out my data in the following format: Cell B1: Minimum, Cell C1: Maximum, Cell A2: Admin Asst, Cell B2: $25,000, Cell C2: $35,000, Cell A3: Manager, Cell B3: $44,000, Cell C3: $59,000 My goal is to create a chart that shows the position name on the left si...

Excel Chart opening in text format
Due to some virus problem, i had to format my pc and reinstall everythng. But now when i open some excel files with charts in it, it opens as a delimited text file and charts are not displayed. Excel version is 97. Can somebdy pls help. These are important files. Rosie ...

Form Question 12-31-07
I have a command button on my form I use to look at the "Datasheet view" after closing the datasheet it doesn't return back to the form it returns me to the switchboard. Private Sub Command23_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command23_Click DoCmd.OpenForm "frmScanlog", acFormDS Exit_Command23_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command23_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command23_Click End Sub Thanks for your help. I believe since the datasheet veiw of the form is just another way to see the form, when you click the cmd button it doesn't open a new insta...

Changing Chart Location Problems
I am using excel 2007. When i move a chart from a worksheet to a "New Sheet" i.e. "Chart1", the chart does not show up in the new location / sheet. When I click on the new sheet "Chart1" all I see is a blank page. Please Help The beta did stuff like this, but the RTM version (i.e., the commercially released version) seemed to be fixed. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "*Dave*" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F18352C-9137-407E-923F-009E7628576...

Charting and ignoring 0s
Hello all, I have a years worth of data that essentially looks like this: Date P&L Fees 3/1/06 $4 $1 3/2/06 $466 $14 3/3/06 $15 $2 3/4/06 $0 $0 3/5/06 $0 $0 Basically the pattern is the same, with data and 0 values interspresed. I would like to create a bar chart showing daily P&L for the entire year, but the 0 values are really messing up the chart. Is there any way to tell the chart to forget about the 0 values? Please assume "Date" is in A1 and all adjacent cells are populated with above ...

Stacked Bar Chart with Secondary Axis
Need to create a stacked bar chart and utilize the secondary axis for data with a different value range. Data Table: Yr 1 YR 2 Pipeline Small Deals 7 1 13 Med Deals 2 6 14 Large Deals 0 2 20 Primary axis should be Yr 1 & 2 and secondary axis should be pipeline. Having created the stacked bar chart I change the pipeline series to the secondary axis and end up with a simple bar chart. How can I create a stacked bar chart with a secondary axis with a different scale? Thanks...

How do print a chart so the chart area 'fill' shows through it?
I select 'none' for background in the Plot area, and I've selected a gradient fill effect for the Chart Area. The screen displays correctly, shows the chart fill with the Plot Area as 'transparent', but when I send this to the printer the background of the Plot Area is solid black. Somehow I have randomly been able to achieve the desired result, but can't seem to repeat the magical order of steps I did to make it work for other charts in the some workbook. So what's the trick? -- holly Holly - The usual culprit when printing comes out wrong is the printer d...

Odd problem with charts... narrow!
Hi all. Odd thing started happening with Excel 2002 (WinXP). When I load workbooks that contain chart sheets... the charts are no longer their "normal" size, but are narrow (about 1/2" wide on my monitor) but are the normal height. What could have changed on my system to cause this? Is there a default template that XL uses to format things like the chart aspect ratio? All help appreciated, MP ...

Chart Title
I have built a successful chart based on a query. In the query, the use is prompted to enter an employee name and then the data is gathered based on ONLY this employee. However, I would LIKE this employee name to appear in the TITLE of the chart. I cannot figure out HOW to do this. I am NOT experienced in SQL language, so please be kind. Please help. On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 14:27:01 -0800, Steve Y wrote: > I have built a successful chart based on a query. In the query, the use is > prompted to enter an employee name and then the data is gathered based on > ONLY this employe...

Deleting "double" space from a chart
I'm trying to copy/paste rows of information, and when I paste, I get this double spacing. I know in an earlier version of Excel, what/how you copy is what/how you paste. Does this make any sense? ...

3D scatter chart
Does anyone know if Excel XP or 2003 has the capability of doing 3D scatter charts? I know it's not possible in earlier editions. If not, is there a 3rd party plug in that can be purchased that does 3D scatter charts? No. XL doesn't support 3D scatter charts. For possible add-ins, see http://www.google.com/groups?selm=MPG.1710f373ed45532a98a5ad% 40msnews.microsoft.com -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <095901c3debb$fc860cc0$a501280a@phx.gbl>, ...

legend description and line color on chart not in synch
I have a data table with date and 5 data columns to chart in a line. The legend displays all the data items, but the lines display different colors and "series name"s than the legend. When I chart the data separately there is no problem. When I add an item, that's when it becomes altered. George ...

missing three letters of y axis title of chart in excel
I always miss three or four letters of the title of Y axis when I use Excel or Powerpoint (2000) to make a chart. This office software has been installed to other computers with no problems. I guess something wrong with settings. Does anyone have some experience? Julie, You might try deleting the Y axis label and replacing it with a textbox from the drawing toolbar. The text box will give you much more control over the length of the string. -- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Julie" wrote: > I always miss three or four letters of the title of Y axis w...

question
got similar question here. In MFC SDI, how to display content of a 10 bit BYTE* iData Buffer (1024*512) on screen?. yimi wrote: > got similar question here. > In MFC SDI, how to display > content of a 10 bit BYTE* iData Buffer > (1024*512) on screen?. > You can make in into a bitmap with CreateDIBSection and paint the bitmap. Example at http://codeguru.earthweb.com/bitmap/DIBSectionLite.shtml -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Thanks and a question
Thanks to everyone who has replied to my questions about MSMoney; it is good to know that I have a place to ask questions. I am using the 2006 Premium trial version and so fa;, I like it. However, i've read here that some have had some issues with the later versions. Is 2006 all right for tracking investments? or are there pitfalls I should know about? IS MS going to come out with some fixes to the issues in their 2006 software? Is there anything I should know, or do, before I intall the full version? The paid for version will bring along what I've done in the trial version, righ...

Advanced Find Command??
Is there an advanced find command or some kind of command where I can search through a particular column of dates and go to each row where the date is less than Feb 1, 2005. I thought I could use either the filter command but couldn't use the advanced filter to find dates?? Try an AutoFilter. Specify "Custom" on drop-down and select "is less than" and then the date. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there an advanced find command or some kind of command where I can search >through a particular column of dates and go to each row ...

Making a chart
Hello, I'm trying to create a chart that will mimic the candlestick chart but it does not use a timeline. Instead of displaying the timeline along the X-axis, it will show the thickness of the sheet. Sample data available as follow : 1st data set: Thickness: 0.010 Min: 10 Max: 15 2nd data set: Thickness: 0.013 Min: 10 Max: 25 3rd data set: Thickness: 0.025 Min: 15 Max: 35 The chart will display the "Thickness" along the X-axis and the "Soak Range" (Min and Max) along the Y-axis. Microsoft Excel require several variable to create a stock chart, namely: Open, Hi...

License Question
Hello All, I have a Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000 Environment with Per Seat Licensing. Approximately 25 Servers and 300 Users. No Software Assurance. I have a limited budget to only upgrade to Exchange 2000. So I recommened Exchange 2003 Server 300 Cals, and 5 Exchange 2003 Server Licenses for the Backend and Front End Server. If I propose to re-install the OS of these 5 Servers ( From Windows 2000 Enterprise to Windows 2003 Standad, ) and add them as member servers for Exchange. Do I also need to buy Windows 2003 Cals as I am going to introduce Windows 2003 Servers in the Domain. Thanks ...

Exchange 5.5 Advance Properties, Directory name field question.
I have a user that has a username which is "asdf01", this username works throughout the domain while signed in at work. When the user is at home connected from her home pc. She goes to our email website to retieve her email. She is not able too.... When researching this users account I found that she has a second username "asdf02" in the Advance Properties tab, Directory Name. I'm not able to change this field, it is greyed with the users name. In the users active directory account, thier is no sign if this second username. My question is: What is this ...

Data Validation List Questions
I have a few questions. (Note I cannot use Macros as a solution, I know that would be easier but I can't) 1. Can you set a "default value" in a cell that is the first item in the Validation List? This would mean that although the user can pick from the list, The first item in the list automatically appears in the cell. 2. Can you replace the users selection with another from the list. Think of this one like an OPtion Button. Lets say the user selects "X" in the first cell. Later he selects "X" in the second cell. I need something (Not a macro) that...

Basic question concerning CListCtrl
Hi NG, My Dialog form contains a CListCtrl, an EditBox and a button ! But I have a problem when I click to my EditBox, my CListCtrl's selection desappear. Can someone help me? regards Salim thank you "CheckAbdoul" <636865636B6162646F756C406E6F7370616D2E6D7670732E6F7267> a �crit dans le message news: uzWFBuqVDHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Add the LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style to your List control. > > -- > Cheers > Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] > ----------------------------------- > > "Salim GOMRI" <salim.gomri@wanadoo.fr> wrote...

Simple question on combining workbooks.
I have two multi-sheet workbooks that I need to combine (the macros need to be combined too). How do I do this? I know it CAN be done, I just can't remember how. -- madbloke ------------------------------------------------------------------------ madbloke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14422 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=264637 Copying sheets an be done via the worksheet tab right-click menu, or by dragging the worksheet tabs between workbooks. You can also drag modules from one workbook to anothe...

Inverting the contents of a column question
In Excel I have a column that has a word in each cell from cells A1 to A20. How can I invert this column of words, for example into column B so that the contents of A1 fills B20 and A2 fills B19 etc. Thanks. hi enter the following formula in A1 =OFFSET($B$20,-(ROW(1:1)-1),0) and copy down -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "stuart" <stuart@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C2F12AA8-E482-43AC-AA77-1EF4BFDCC082@microsoft.com... > In Excel I have a column that has a word in each cell from cells A1 to A20. How can I invert this column of words, fo...

Question regarding installing ESM tools
Hi everyone, Just wondering, I am running Exchange 2003 SP1. Our network is Native Mode Windows 2000. Since we moved to Exchange 2003 (from Exchange 5.5) i have had to go into the Exchange server's ADUC snap-in to create new users just for the ability to create a new mailbox with the user. I would like to be able to do this from any one of our DC's . I think this is possile if i install the ESM tools from the exchange CD on our DC's. 1) How safe is this to do considering our environment? and 2) Does it require a restart of the DC's? (which i imagine it does) thanks...

CRM Advanced Search: Deeper
Hello Microsoft-Team, as a participant of the CRM 4 Showcase at Munich Fairtrade Cenrte, I have one great wish: Add at least 3 more buttons to the "And" and "Or" Groupings: "Not", "Exists" and "Not Exists". We want to search (and find) customers with perhaps some special opportunities, whitout having some other Data in other entities. This would be the most valuable extensions for us ! Thank you very much, Matthias ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. ...