Additional colors for Excel charts

Are there downloads available to supplement the basic colors available for
use in Excel charts?  What I'd like (if available) is a set of colors/hue
choices similar to those in Powerpoint.  Thanks!
0
charlie (92)

Excel is limited to 56 colors, but you can control which colors these
are. To exercise this control, go to the Tools menu, select Options, and
click on the Color tab. The standard palette is laid out, and you can
select any one and change it. Note that the bottom two rows contain the
default colors for chart series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Charlie wrote:

> Are there downloads available to supplement the basic colors available for
> use in Excel charts?  What I'd like (if available) is a set of colors/hue
> choices similar to those in Powerpoint.  Thanks!

Can you help test our Excel test?
We recently completed an online Excel test that people can take then post the results to Facebook so if you're an Excel expert and have 5 min to spare, we'd love to get your input on the questions and format to help make it better. If you can help, we'd really appreciate it ... plus you can let your Facebook friends know how great you are at Excel! http://www.accessanalytic.com.au/services_excel_test.php Cheers __________________ Jeff Robson Principal Business Analyst Access Analytic http://www.accessanalytic.com.au Well, it made me think a bit (9 out of 10 - be...

how do i open a read-only or encrypted file in excel?
i am trying to open an excel file but get the message " excel cannot access this file, it may be read-only or encrypted" how do i open it?? Thanks.. If it is read only, then that shouldn't be a problem. Excel opens read only files every day of the week. Encryption is a different matter. The file may have been encrypted by encryption sofware other than Excel, and the .xls file extension left intact. Or, this from the Excel Help files may provide a clue for you. I get an 'encryption scheme not available' message when I try to open a workbook. Some workbook prote...

Excel
How to setup "Automatic Calculation" as the default setting? Tools/Options/Calculation/Automatic -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply by e-mail .. "NewUser" <NewUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8553FFB2-487F-4265-BCB1-E72D8F372E8E@microsoft.com... > How to setup "Automatic Calculation" as the default setting? Excel always opens in auto calc mode, but the calc mode setting in the first workbook opened will change it to manual if that's how it is set. The first workbook opened includ...

qry for Excel report with weekly data in a vertical column
tblArea AreaID area tblHeadEnd HeadEndID AreaID headend tblRouter RouterID HeadEndID router tblPorts PortID RouterID tblTransmitter TransmitterID PortID transmitter PortID RouterID tblNodes NodeID transmitterID tblNodeNamesID NodeID ParentNodeName date created tblUtilization utilID NodeID percentage Date The report shows weekly utilization data for an ISP. This structure is 1:M in the areas to the headend. The headend has 1:m routers, each router has 1:M ports. The transmitter can have either 1:1 to nodes or 1:M . The nodeNames table is for th...

Filter pull down icon color
Hi Reader When change to Using LCD monitor, the pull down filter icon blue color as same as black color in LCD monitor. Is it possible to check pull down color to other color value ? moonhkt There's no way to change the drop down arrow's colour. You could use programming to change the colour of the heading cell if a column is filtered. There are sample files here: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under Filters, look for 'FL0022 - FilterClick Colour' or 'FL0014 - Colour Filter Headings' moonhkt wrote: > Hi Reader > When change t...

Excel and consecutive number
Is there a way to have excel locate a set number of consecutive non-zero numbers and give me an average of those numbers? trying to get around this problem: 5 largest consecutive non-zero numbers of the last 10 non-zero terms hope there is some help out there for me If I understand what you want correctly, here is one method. Assuming you have a list of numbers in column A with the first number in row 2: Enter this formula in B2 and copy down through all rows of data: =IF(A3=0,0,IF(B2=10,10,B2+1)) This formula counts consectuive non-zero numbers in column A. Enter this form...

Excel radial diagram text offset
I have a radial diagram. In this diagram the value arrays are displayed in relation to there total sum. The values of the arrays are displayed as absolute number not in percent of the total sum. How can I get the total sum of all the arrays to be displaed in the diagram without to be forced to calculate it separately? A chart does no calculations for you. If you want a value in the chart, you must calculate it, and point the chart at the calculation. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _...

Excel 2007 Help Button
When I press the Help button in Excel I get a return message that says "There are no help topics to match your request". All I want to do is explore the Help section to learn more about Excel. Where do I enable the Help Section? Hello: Try to use the F1/help buttons when nothing is selected. -- Hope this helps Martin Fishlock, www.nyfconsultants.com, Wolverhampton, UK Please do not forget to rate this reply. "l_croft1" wrote: > When I press the Help button in Excel I get a return message that says "There > are no help topics to match your request"...

how to rotate excel table in word
I insert a excel worksheet in word and like to rotate it Select the area in the worksheet you want to move to Word. While hold down the shift key, pull-down Edit > Copy Picture. In Word, just paste. Because the item is now a picture, you can use the drawing toolbar to rotate it to any desired angle -- Gary''s Student "dro" wrote: > I insert a excel worksheet in word and like to rotate it Thanks, its working just fine for me. "Gary''s Student" wrote: > Select the area in the worksheet you want to move to Word. While hold down > the ...

Dates in excel curiouser and curiouser
Hi folks, I am creating a time sheet but there are some strange problems, notably it calculates the time fine until thw total is over 24 hours and for some reason the minutes are getting rounded up despite there being 2 decimal places...eg 6 minutes becomes hh:10. Very odd and any help would be appreciated Cells are formated as hh:mm. Formulae are either a) (Start Time - End time )-(Lunch End-Lunch start) or sum((End Time - Lunch end)*24,(lunch start-start time)*24)) Many thanks, Danny Sounds like a problem with the time format. Something like hh:00 instead of hh:mm. Can you check th...

blank document in Excel 2000
When clicking on a link from the Intranet to an excel document created in excel 97, on a pc that has excel 2000 the document comes up blank. If you click on the back button, and then reclick on the link, it opens up the document. When repeating this process, it appears that the document will open every other time, however, all the other times it will open as a black page. Has anyone expirienced this same issue? If so, is there a resolution? Hi not sure this will help but try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Exc...

Additional colors for Excel charts
Are there downloads available to supplement the basic colors available for use in Excel charts? What I'd like (if available) is a set of colors/hue choices similar to those in Powerpoint. Thanks! Excel is limited to 56 colors, but you can control which colors these are. To exercise this control, go to the Tools menu, select Options, and click on the Color tab. The standard palette is laid out, and you can select any one and change it. Note that the bottom two rows contain the default colors for chart series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Service...

Excel 2000 #12
I have a problem opening and closing excel files. I keep getting error message both on opening and closing files in excel. "Compile error in hidden Module: Initialization" (When opening any excel file) "Compile error in hidden Module: Initialization" (When closing excel file) Can you kindly assist with this. Did you try Tools->macro->visual basic editor and then try to compile the code if there is any. ...

Excel default
I would like to change the default settings on opening Excel in a similar way in which you can do with Word by changing normal.dot. However, I cannot find a comparable file. I would appreciate it if someone could point the way. Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Bill Excel does not have a Normal.dot as Word has. There are several ways to customize Excel workbooks and worksheets. Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT. Stor...

Backgrounds in Excel #2
I want to be able to print the background in excel, and also when I PDF an excel file the background dissapears. How can I make it to print/view. Is there any way. Please help me. If there's a way to do it, would you please email me the steps to make it work. Thanks, Bianka ...

not equal to symbol in excel
What is the symbol for not equal to in excel Hi <> Arvi Laanemets "amit" <amit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2897C3AB-9797-4631-A995-D7CB6BCC7C20@microsoft.com... > What is the symbol for not equal to in excel I disagree. Those symbols mean less than and greater than. Go to your Insert dropdown menu-->Symbol ≠...this is the equal sign with a slash through it. When you click on it, the "Code" or "definition" will show up on the left side of the box. "Arvi Laanemets" wrote: > Hi > > > <&...

excel links #5
Running excel X for a mac, 2001. Have workbooks with links that are not locatable by searching for "!" in worksheets, and link to deleted Workbooks. Am unable to find link source, or find link destination workbook, or change links. Copying worksheets to a new Workbook takes the links with them. Have exhausted net search. Can anyone help me to kill these pesky links, please? Mike Sometimes the links are in Names in Insert>Name>Define. In addition.............. Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA from Stephen Bullen's site. http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default....

Equivalent of Excel AND() function?
Is there an equivalent of Excel's AND() function in Access? I have looked for threads related to "multiple conditions" but they all seem to be about multiple conditions yielding the same result. I would like have my formula yield a certain result only when two or more conditions are true. Right now my formula is: NewVendor:IIf([Category]="Leave","SL0001-1") But I only want to assign the NewVendor SL0001-1 if the record also meets the condition [AGoal]=True. Can I do this? I have looked in help and here in the newsgroups and I'm not seeing it. ...

Import multiple photos into excel
I am trying to create a photo sheet that will allow me to import all photos in a directory into an excel spreadsheet. I want it to: Import all images in a directory. (even if I have to choose to open the folder and then select all) Place each photo into a separate box Auto-format all the photos to the same size where (2) images fit on each printed page. Have a space for a text description to the right of each photo. Auto-number each row/photo if possible (so it changes all the numbers if I delete a row) Place a header with a logo on each printed page. Insert a merge field in t...

Zooming in chart by 2 click ??
Hello all, Is there anyone who can tell me if it is possible to zoom in a chart by clicking 2 points on that one. Let's say a have a chart from where axis is from 01/01/2005 to 01/01/2006 with 1 point per day (365 points). Can i click 1 point - tht will be the entry point - and click an other one that will be the end of the zoom? Thanks for your help Herve. -- herve ------------------------------------------------------------------------ herve's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.p...

making boxplot in excel 2007
Hey. Got a problem on making a boxplot in excel 2007. I used to make excel 2003 to make the boxplot, but now I have the 2007 edition. I learned from my teacher that I need to use the "High-Low-lines" and the "Up/down-bars" to make the boxplot. The problem is that when I made the "Up/down-bars" it will cover the data-points so I can't see median ect. Is there anyway to change the order of the chart-figures like to show the data-point at the top, the up/down-bars in the middle and the high-low-lines at the bottom just like when u change the order of several...

How do you randomly generate numbers in Excel 2007?
How do you randomly generate numbers from 1 to 84 without duplicates in Excel 2007? 1) Download and Install "MoreFunc" add-in. http://www.download.com/Morefunc/3000-2077_4-10423159.html 2) In cell A1 type: =MRAND(,1,84) and copy down all the way to A84 (incl.) Micky "Steve Bedard" wrote: > How do you randomly generate numbers from 1 to 84 without duplicates in Excel > 2007? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Steve Bedard" <Steve Bedard@discussions.microsoft.com...

Finding the word False in an Excel Worksheet
Hi, I'm back. I am trying to find the word "FALSE" in Column D of my worksheet and then copy the whole row to a new sheet. Code so far: $xl = New-Object -comobject Excel.Application $xl.Visible = $true $xl.DisplayAlerts = $False $xlCellTypeLastCell = 11 #Open spreadsheet $wb = $xl.workbooks.open("C:\Temp\test.xls") # rename the Worksheet. 30 charactor limit $ws1 = $wb.worksheets | where {$_.name -eq "xml_source"} $ws2 = $wb.worksheets | where {$_.name -eq "Report"} $ws3 = $wb.worksheets | where {$_.name -eq "sheet3"} # Act...

problems with Sharing excel files
when two people are updating an shared excel file at the same time, the changes are not being saved. Our MIS Department says sharing excel files doesn't work, and discontinue this practice and that will solve the problem. However, when researching I don't find any mention of problems with saving files, only that certain functions don't work in shared files. what can the problem be? ...

Upgrade to Excel 03
I use a simple template in Excel for invoicing. I make an invoice and when I save the file, my clients name and the total of the invoice are then saved to another Excel file that tracks all my invoices for the year. I upgraded to Excel 03 and now it does not transfer the value in my invoices to the tracking sheet. When I open my invoice template I get a " Cannot open template wizard" error. It;'s been so long I don't remember how I set this system up in the first place. Can anyone help me fix this so it will work in 03? Thanks ...