Adding/Viewing Trendlines to Charts

I am working on adding a trendline to a line chart in excel.  Currently,
I am using Microsoft Excel 2000.  I cannot seem to view the data points
for the trendline, only the data points for the lines that I am
graphing.  Any ideas on how I can get the data points on the trendline
to appear?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

---

A trendline doesn't have explicit data points, at least not as MS chose
to create one in an XL chart.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <cruehle.za7vn@excelforum-nospam.com>,
cruehle.za7vn@excelforum-nospam.com says...
> I am working on adding a trendline to a line chart in excel.  Currently,
> I am using Microsoft Excel 2000.  I cannot seem to view the data points
> for the trendline, only the data points for the lines that I am
> graphing.  Any ideas on how I can get the data points on the trendline
> to appear?
>
> Thanks in advance for your advice!
>

> ---

A similar question was asked a couple days ago. I suggested that the
user put selected X values into a column, and in the adjacent column use
the coefficients of the fitted trendline to compute corresponding Y values.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Tushar Mehta wrote:

> A trendline doesn't have explicit data points, at least not as MS chose
> to create one in an XL chart.

0
jonNOSPAM (60)

adding minutes and seconds correctly
Hi, I have a spreadsheet which holds data as minutes and seconds i.e. 13:57 = 13 minutes and 57 seconds. When I try to add up the column, Excel thinks 13 represents hours and 57 is minutes and adds up accordingly. I've tried using custom to make the field MM:SS without any success. What am I doing wrong or does someone know how to resolve this? Many thanks in advance for your help. Cheers T This often happens if you have imported the data. All you need to do is divide your total by 60, i.e. something like: =SUM(A1:A50)/60 An alternative approach is to reset all the values to minut...

Excel
I understand how to change the scale on the value axis to logarithmic, I am just not sure why I would do so. Usually helpful when: a) Trying to plot exponential series (such as in calculus, some physics, etc) b) Trying to distort data so your customers don't see how badly your company is losing money *grin* -- Best Regards, Luke M "Polly" <Polly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6DCA198-FEC5-4678-B805-E7EB9C713BB0@microsoft.com... >I understand how to change the scale on the value axis to logarithmic, I am > just not sure why I w...

ACCESS Charting problem
I insert a chart into a form add the X axis and detail ID's and preview the chart. It looks normal. When I go to dataview, there is nothing there but a frame and title. Any suggestions? ...

Charting on Primary & Secondary Axis
Hi I am charting profit margins ranging from - 6 to 8+ on the primary axis (line graph) and net worth of the companies (columns) on the secondary axis. How do I align the zero point (0%) on the primary and 0$ on the secondary axis? Right now, the chart that I have shows the bottom of the columns on the same horizontal plane as the -6% profit margin point on the chart. Thanks in advance for your help. Hello, Jon Peltier has instructions showing how to align the zeros on a primary and secondary axis on his site. Please refer to the link below. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...

= Drawing more lines in a OHLCV chart =
I have a stock database (Date,Open,High,Low,Close and Volume) and usually I draw a stock OHLC chart to see it (i prefer chandlestics). However my surprise was I tried to draw a line in the chart, for example a simple moving average. If I try to include a new data serie to the original OHLC chart, it become distortioned. Finally can i include 2 or 3 moving averages in a OHLC chart. How can I do it? See 'Stock Charts with Added Series' here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StockChartPlus.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutoria...

scatter chart with gaps in series (XL 2007)
Hi, I am plotting large blocks of data on a scatter plot. I want to change my data and update though charts automatically so I use a series of if statements to generate the data I will plot. My data should have numerous blanks so I can make my if statement give me a blank string, or zero value , or some other value, or NA() when my test fails and otherwise give me the result I want to plot. Fine. Null strings are plotted as 0, NA()’s are not plotted. But the parts of the plot ranges containing data (where the data passed my test) are connected by straight lines (representing the parts ...

Adding a Font?
Hi, I want to add a font to those fonts that Pub uses. Mostly because alot of the older files I made have that font in it and I don't want to substitute another. The font I need is in my Windows>fonts folder and is a tt font. Where can I drop it in so that it will show up in the list of fonts that Publisher is using now. I have gone to Program Files>MS Office> Office 10 but I see no place where fonts are stored. Thanks for the help. AlCatt Fonts reside in the x:\Windows\Fonts folder -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Al Cat...

Accessing Points in a Line Chart
This is a cross post, as I had been pointed to this group and an alt. after I had posted originally. Hoping this one can help. How do I access the Points in a Chart of type Line? I'm wanting to display the Values at each point and modify various aspects like size and color. So far I have not found the proper combination of properties to access these point, and the access method is different for every chart type. Any ideas? I guess what I'm really asking is how do I access the Point Labels on a Line Chart. Hi, Using the macro record generated this code when changing 2 poin...

Cant view any projects, activities or proposals in PS2007
Hi We are sitting with a major issue where our project list has suddenly 'dissapeared' from "Retrieve list from project server". Our publish feature in PWA has also dissapeared so you can view projects in PWA, but you can not publish them as the button is no longer there. Permissions are all still in place. We had one of our DBA's look at the publish database and everything seems sound, but we can't access (or see) the project lists through MSP. We have opened a support call with Microsoft yesterday so we are still waiting but I would like to pos...

Calendar View?

chart question #2
I have 2 sheets: (more as time comes). Jan 05 - sheet 1 - sales problems - support problems - operations problems - finance problems Feb 05 - sheet 2 - sales problems - support problems - operations problems - finance problems I need to graph these 2 sheets with same categories but different total percentages of the month using the chart bars to show the changes for the same category (side by side) in a year... confused yet? :) can you give me a hint on how to do this and the formula if there are any. Well, if it were me, I'd probably put the data that you are graphing on the...

Getting rid of unusable charts?
Last year I created an Excel worksheet around neighborhood property appraisals. The sheet had about a dozen columns. I also created half a dozen charts using data from different columns. This year I updated the worksheet, added new columns and deleted a few old ones. I would like to delete the charts that I created last year and construct new ones. Unfortunately, the cells referenced by the charts have been moved or no longer exist. When I click on a chart, I get a message that . . . "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and has to close . . .". I can't open...

Hierarchy and Organizational Charts
We'd like to understand the hierarchy of individuals and roles within a given account (actually, ideally we'd have an org chart that could be visually generated). How can this be done? I haven't used their product, but I came across this add-on that provides the ability to make org charts within CRM entities: http://www.salescentric.com/glance.html There are probably others out there as well. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jasonh" wrote: > We'd like to understand the hierarchy of individuals and roles within a given > account...

Viewing All Activities of Account
What we would like to do is to be able to open an individual account and have a box or a tab (or something) that shows a list of the 'history' for all associated contacts. For example, if an account has three associated contacts and our salespeople have made five different phone calls at different times to them, we would like to be able to open the account and see the list of all sales history for all three contacts. Right now we have to open each individual contact to see what has been done. If anybody has any ideas on how best to accomplish this, it would be much appreciate...

Can't View Calendar Events
We recently upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. One of our employees can't view events on one of the calendars we have set up for all employees to use. I have blown away her mail profile and re-installed Outlook her machine, but the problem remains. Can anyone offer suggestions? Exchange is running on a 2000 Server box and the client machine is running XP sp1. Thanks Did you check the permissions on the PF calendar folder? David wrote: > We recently upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. > One of our employees can't view events on one of the > calen...

14 Free Videos Teach You How to Spot Opportunities in Your Charts #2
Watch the just released Independent Trader Video Series. This series features 14 free videos that teach you how to spot opportunities in your charts that you may be overlooking. You get more than 100 minutes of video packed with valuable Elliott wave techniques that you can incorporate into your trading. Plus, you can watch and re-watch the online videos at your own pace and on your schedule. "I have watched the videos and have found them to be Educative and Insightful and am certain that it would help anybody who "Trades" with a serious approach." You can Watch it Now at...

Pie Chart Labels
I would like to label each section of my pie chart with the data the section represents (ie: each piece of the pie labeled). I can create a legend that sits on the right just fine, but one of the people I'm creating this for is color blind. This also poses a problem when printing in B&W. Any suggestion would be apperciated. Robert I suggest using the Excel charting ability. Access uses the same engine, but Excel's implementation is better. You can easily export the data to an Excel range which will be the datasource of your chart. Add the chart in Excel, then right-clic...

Adding DEPOSIT or REDEMPTION / CRV
I am trying to figure out how to add what in California is called CRV (California Redemption Value) but in other states is probably known as a deposit for can's and bottles onto a purchase order? If I make an item as CRV and make it a non invenotry item, you can't add this to a purchase order. Just wondering what other's are doing in this situation...also when linking to Quickbooks how is this being added into Quickbooks? -- Thank You Vince :) ...

Cluster and Stacking Bar Chart
I need to create a bar chart that will stack and cluster the data. Doing each seperately is simple, does anyone know how to do both simultaniously? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Englert Hi Englert, This is a response Jon Peltier gave to a similar question a few days ago. Quote: You can make a clustered stacked column chart through clever arrangement of your data in the worksheet. See the details at Stephen Bullen's site: http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting and look at the description for FunChart4 or at Bernard Liengme's site: http://www.stfx.c...

Adding colour around a website
I am using Expression Web and I have set the width of my website to 760px and centered it. I would like to add a colour - blue perhaps - around the website so the viewer will not be "hit" by white. How do I do that, please. Thanks. Norm. On Nov 11, 2:46=A0pm, nmh <n...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Expression Web and I have set the width of my website to 760px= and > centered it. I would like to add a colour - blue perhaps - around the web= site > so the viewer will not be "hit" by white. > > How do I do that, p...

Adding "URL" link in the XSL , for a tab......????????????
Hi, I have created a tab in contact form and published it. Now i took the xsl files 2_create.xsl, 2_ReadOnly.xsl, 2_Update.xsl and i found where the new tab is located and i added an url, so if i clkick that url a new site can be seen in... this is the line where i added the url link in xsl. <span tabindex="0" class="tab" tabID="tab3" Url="http://www.yahoo.com" PassParams="1">My-Tab</span> But i couldnt see the reflection in the site. my qs is: whether this "url" tag should be added to menus and buttons.. or can i...

How do you name a chart?
How do change the name of a chart (Chart1, Chart2, ...). I had some VBA code that activated a chart. I deleted and rebuilt the chart a few times, and then had problems deterimining the new chart name. I ended up recording a macro, selecting the chart, and examining the macro code to determine what the new chart name was. Is there an easier way to name a chart, or find out what it's name is? Thanks. Press Ctrl, and then click the chart (this selects it as an object). Then, type the new name in the Name box (to the left of the formula bar) and press Enter. John Walkenbach For Excel ...

Analyzing X,Y,Z coordinates of a chart
I have a long list of X,Y,Z coordinates (points on a 3-D chart). I'd like to be able to sort the list by proximity to each other. Is there a way to convert the coordinates into a single number so that I can sort on that number? Maybe this is more a math question than an excel question, but I'd appreciate any help. "Proximity to each other" may be a problem in that you would then have to compare all pairs of points (or maybe even groups bigger than pairs. Then, I'm not sure how you would sort. However, assuming that you've got this portion worked out you ca...

need chart that displays overlap/duplication between two entities
I'm trying to show the audience overlap/duplication between web site A and web sites b through F. THe amount is small ranging from .02% to .18% so the scale is difficult. Any ideas? You can manually change scales on any charts. Click on either the X-axis or Y axis and the axis will be hightlighted. then click again to open the properties. You can change tthe min value and max value to get more precies details on the charts. "Bsacco" wrote: > I'm trying to show the audience overlap/duplication between web site A and > web sites b through F. > > THe ...

chart moving on worksheet
Dear experts, I have a worksheet with data that gets updated every week and I would like to add on top of it a chart that shows an analysis of this data as changes are made. When I say on top I really mean it - I would like the chart to always show on the top right-hand corner of the screen and stay there even when the users scroll the data on the worksheet. Of course it should be possible to move the chart if the users need to. Is this possible at all in Excel 2003? Many thanks in advance for your help! Best regards -- Valeria ...