Adding Multiple Lines On A Secondary Axis?

I am working with a line-column on 2 axes chart .  Columns are charted on the
primary axis and a line is charted on the secondary axis.  I am trying to add
a second line to the secondary axis.  Can anyone help?

Thanks
--
al
0

Hi,

One way is to use the Add button on the Series tab of the Source data
dialog. Right click chart and pick Source Data from the context menu.

If the new series is not automatically a line series simply select it,
right click and choose Chart Type. Select required line chart.

You can also use copy and Pate special to add data to a chart.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Just switched over to Money from Quicken. Am most irritated by the Web interface, and the POP UP ADS! Are they kidding? POP UP ADS in my software? Am I the only person who finds this intolerable in SOFTWARE? In microsoft.public.money, Barry wrote: >Just switched over to Money from Quicken. Am most >irritated by the Web interface, and the POP UP ADS! Are >they kidding? POP UP ADS in my software? Am I the only >person who finds this intolerable in SOFTWARE? Tools->Options->General->TurnOffSponsorship... ...

how to transpose multiple columns into rows?
Hi, I have a query to make a table like this: Item Num Values A 1 10 A 2 22 A 3 78 B 1 32 B 2 40 B 3 87 C 1 34 C 2 76 C 3 98 actually each "Item" has more than a thousand of "Num". how to "transpose" this "column table" into "row table"? Like: 1 2 3 4 .... A 10 22 78 .... B 32 40 87 ... C 3...

Having Trouble Adding VK_DELETE processing to a ListBox
This function allows me to add keyboard processing to my DialogBox. The <Insert> key works correctly, the <Delete> seems to invoke OnDeleteListBox() twice. BOOL MultiFontDialog::PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg) { if (pMsg->wParam == VK_INSERT) { OnInsertListBox(); return TRUE; } else if (pMsg->wParam == VK_DELETE) { OnDeleteListBox(); return TRUE; } return CDialog::PreTranslateMessage(pMsg); } "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:AHzKh.41478$907.358@newsfe13.phx... > This function allows me to add keyboa...

Adding five new rows every 40 rows in a spreadsheet?
Hi, I'm uppdating a huge spreadsheet and are in seroius need to figure out how to add five new rows every fourtieth row. Advise anyone? Need to do this 400 times manually otherwise... For i = 400 to step -40 Cells(i,"A").Resize(5,1).entirerow.insert Next i -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Olzki" <Olzki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EC447A4-E83F-4E6E-B67D-F54B76962820@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm uppdating a huge spreadsheet and are in seroius need to figure out how ...

Function to seacrh for a word across multiple columns
Hi, I have four columns of data (C-F) I need to search for a particular word. The data is addresses, i.e. it combines text and numbers and the word I'm searching for can appear anywhere within it (or not at all). The function I require will return 1 if it does and 0 if it does not. Have tried various iterations of if\search\match and so on to no avail - perhaps because I'm searching a range of columns rather than a specific cell? I'd appreciate your suggestions. Regards, Maybe something like this... =COUNT(MATCH("*word*",C1:F1,0)) -- Biff Microsof...

Can I select cells 3 columns away from a value in a line
In column A I have several Names, In column D I have certain values. In a cell I want to collect the values of the line in column D if a certain name is on the same line in column A I know if I use sum I will get the total value, but is there a way automaticly to put the value there if the "name is in column A? col A col B col C col D col E col F Name Start End Hours Jack 9:00pm 3:00pm 6:00 John 10:00am 2:00pm 4:00 James 11:00am 5:00pm 6:00 Jack 9:00pm 3:00pm 6:00 John 10:00am 2:00pm 4:00 James 9:00am 1:00pm 4:00 Name Tot hours Jack 12...

Adding a Public calendar to "My Calendars"
I cannot seem to get an Exchange Public Calendar folder to show up under the "My Calendars" section. I did right-click on the public folder and add it to the favorites, no luck. I even ran the the following: outlook.exe /cleanviews and outlook.exe /resetnavpane No luck. Please help! Thanks. "Starabilias" <me@mymail.com> wrote in message news:e0go3J6MJHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I cannot seem to get an Exchange Public Calendar folder to show up under > the "My Calendars" section. I did right-click on the public folder and add >...

Adding a method in InitializeComponent() using codedom from userc
Hi, This is with respect to user control design time support. I would like to create a constructor and a method to the InitializeComponent() of a form from a usercontrol . I come across CodeDOm model can be used to acheive this. But still not clear .. Nmspace.clsInfracture obj = new Nmspace.clsInfracture(); //Constructor obj.WireUp(); //The method to be included inside the InitializeComponent() Please tell me to add a constructor and a method into InitializeComponent() during design time using CodeDom. Thanks a lot Devasena ...

count if multiple sheets in workbook
I have thiry pages in workbook for month .. want to put a summary at the end that counts cells F24 to cells F34 on each of these sheets if the amount is greater than 500.00 .. also would like this forumla to grow if the cell range expands by adding a row... countif(F24:F34,">500")... doesn't like to incorporate more than one page... please advise what would be the best for this .. at the end of 12 months I want also to total each months summary total for a yearly total.. would a macro would be better than formulas? help? please? this is beyond what I can figure ...

Single Server running as both AD and Exchange 2003.
This is more out of curiosity, I constantly read `Don't let Exchange and AD reside on the same server` but I never see any reasons why. All I see is there are problems with demoting the AD at a later date and leaving a non-functioning Exchange server. I was hoping someone could give me the reasons why you really should do this and why (if it is true) the above problem actually happens. Any information would be great! Thanks! As Mark said in the other post, performance could be an issue and shutdown will take longer. There are other reasons as well: * You won't want to use the /...

comparison line graph help needed
I am trying to chart two sets of data on one chart. The data sets will come from sheets within the same spreadsheet. Both sets use dates, but they might be different dates, so I'd like to have the x axis show consecutive dates (e.g 1-1-10 through 1-31-10) The y axis in both cases will be time of day. I want to display time by hourly increments for 24 hours on this axis. I want the chart to show times medication is administered (from sheet 1) and times a specific event occurs (from sheet 2) I have been trying for hours and getting nowhere. I generally chart using bar...

Insert horizontal line/single cell in Excel?
I want to insert a horizontal line inside a single cell (to divide). Am able to insert a diagonal line but not horizontal. Tried the presets for inside, but it divides multiple cells CLM Use the drawing toolbar to draw a line through the middle of the cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:01:07 -0800, CLM <CLM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to insert a horizontal line inside a single cell (to divide). Am able >to insert a diagonal line but not horizontal. Tried the presets for inside, >but it divides multiple cells ...

Multiple IF THEN criteria...
=IF(B20="r","-2",IF(B20="5","-1",IF(B20="=","1",""))) The "5" displays blank, all the others work... any reason why? I am trying to be get so if in B20 someone enter's r "-2" diplays; 5 "-1" diplays; = "-2" diplays; and if they enter nothing then nothing displays. thank you! "Jason" wrote: > =IF(B20="r","-2",IF(B20="5","-1",IF(B20="=","1",""))) > The "5" displays blank, ...

Calculate next workday after adding calendar days to date in cell
I want to add 100 calendar days to a date in a cell and when that date falls on a weekend or holiday the formula will return the next workday vs. returning a weekend date. I tried the workday function but it counted 100 workdays not calendar days. Thanks in advance Darrell, One way. Holidays is a named range containing your holiday dates =A1+100+CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(A1+100,2),0,0,0,0,0,2,1)+SUMPRODUCT((Holidays>=A1)*(Holidays<=A1+(100+SUMPRODUCT((Holidays>=A1)*(Holidays<=A1+100))))) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis th...

Formula for adding columns
I'm trying to enter a formula to add two columns together. I can't seem to do it. I can do it for individual cells (C1=SUM(A1+B1)....but if I enter the column letter to designate the entire column C=SUM(A=B), it won't take......can you help? Thanks in advance! Not quite sure what you're looking for... but you had it right in the first formula. Type in =sum(a1+b1) , then either use the autofill feature or copy it down the rest of the column. >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to enter a formula to add two columns together. I can't seem to do it. I ca...

Multiple Check Boxes
A spreadsheet has five checkboxes where each box represents a rating of 1-5. How can you limit the boxes so that only one check box can be selected? Thanks for any help. Have you considered using radio buttons? They will only allow for one selection. -- Thanks, Cynthia G. "Information is just signs and numbers, while knowledge involves their meaning. What we want is knowledge, but what we get is information." --Heinz R. Pagels "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1e04a01c454a6$31d985e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > A spreadsheet ha...

Entering data from a userform into multiple sheets
I have created a userform. And depending on the value of a particular drop down menu, the data will be entered into multiple sheets. I have used an if statement to attempt this, but i get an error when i run it. (run-time error '438': Object doesn't support this property or method) Please assist me with this, i am brand new to programming. Thanks in Advance. My code: Private Sub savdata_Click() ' set form to workbook ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Feb2010").Activate Range("A1").Select 'find and empty cell...

COUNTIF using multiple conditions
I have two columns of data. One of the columns lists sources by which customers heard of our company. Another contains the status of the appointment. Ex: COLUMN A COLUMN B Yellow Pages LOST Radio SOLD Truck Signs SOLD Yellow Pages LOST Yeloow Pages SOLD etc...... I want to take a count of how many times an appointment from a certain source is sold. In other words, I need it to meet both criteria. I've tried using the COUNTIF function but can't seem to work it out. I've looked through other postings and tried =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!A:A...

Problem adding new drives
Windows xp pro 64 bit I am trying to add a new sata drive, the bios recognises it & windows does too comes up with new hardware found followed by error from the wizard " there was a problem installing this hardware followed by disk drive name & model (I've tried this with a number of different makes & models with the same result) an error occured during the installation of the device The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. If you then click finish it just starts the whole thing agai...

Printing multiple sheets...
Hello, I have a workbook with multiple sheets and I would like to print this workbook at the click of a button. Each sheet has a heading in cell c1, c2 is blank and then a table begins in c3. Each table varies from 1 to 9 columns. There is data in cols and and b that is not to be printed, but I would prefer the empty columns still to appear. Things get further complicated by the fact that some tables have a small number of rows and some have up to one hundred. I need Excel to insert "appropriate" page breaks so if there is space for the first three tables print on...

Database that has field that contains multiple values
I have a database where one of the fields has multiple values (second column PlanofRecord). There could be only one or many values with that are the same. Ex: HICNbr PlanofRecord TROOP YTD TDS YTD AS OF DT xxxxxxxxxA H0001 0 0 0 xxxxxxxxxA H0002 0 0 0 xxxxxxxxxb H0002 0 0 0 xxxxxxxxxC H0003 0 0 0 xxxxxxxxxD H0003 0 0 0 xxxxxxxxxE H0003 0 0 0 xxxxxxxxxF H0003 $11.62 $50.43 2007-03-04 xxxxxxxxxG H0003 0 0 0 I manually create tables for the PlanofRecord. Is there some way that I can do this systematically? Create table H0001, H0002, H0003 etc.? ...

Updating a form after adding to a list?
Okay, I've got a form for filling in data. One of the fields in the form refers to a table of colors. I've restricted the field so the user can ONLY select a value from that field and I have a number of colors already entered into that table. However, there may be new colors later, so I have command button right on the form that open a small 'colors' form where the user can add a color. The colors form works without a problem, but when the user closes that form, the new color is not immediately available in the new form. I need to close the main form and then reopen it. ...

emails sticking in the outbox --recipients receive multiple copies
Hello, I am using Windows Live Mail Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726). OS: Windows 7. My emails (even small ones) have been taking longer than usual to leave the outbox, if they leave at all! My receipients are receiving the email three to twelve times each -- often before the mail has actually left my outbox! These days I have to delete the message from the outbox myself because it just won't move iteself to the Sent items. What could be causing this? I have performed the "repair" action through the control panel, but the problem persists. In addition,...

Multiple x-axes on n XY plot
My boss wants me to add a second axis to the top of an XY plot so that one of them shows SI and the other shows I-P units for the same set of data. Does anyone know a good way to do this? Hi, Here is some information on displaying the secondary x axis. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm Use of the secondary axes requires a minimum of 2 data series, one on each set of axes. You can use the same set of data for each set of axes and then format one series to have no markers or line style. Cheers Andy rberke wrote: > My boss wants me to add a second axis to the top of an XY plot...