Adding Lines Onto Charts #2

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

Unfortunatley, this technique wont work with the way I have the graph
laid out.

It wipes out the layout of the bottom axis.

Does anyone have any other idea's please?

Thanks in advance

Darrell...

--
q582gmzh
q582gmzhi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1136

Hi,

You can use an additional data series with error bars to draw the dividers.

Using you example workbook put the following in the cells
F4: =0.5
F5: =1
F6: =1.5
....continue thru to cell
F45: =41.5

G4:G45 = 0

H4: =IF(A4<>"",1,0)
..
H45: =IF(A45<>"",1,0)

Use the Source Data dialog to add a new data series. Call it Manager
Dividers.
Select the new data series and change it to the secondary axis and chart
type xy scatter.
For the secondary y axis format that to have no tickmarks or labels with
a Maximum scale of 1
Again using the Source data dialog select the new data series and set
the X value to F4:F45 and the Y values to G4:G45
Format the data series again, removing the data labels, set the marker
and line styles to none. On the Y error bars tab set the custom + range
to H4:H45.
Now format the error bars to be red, thicker and with no end marker.

You may want to make the grid lines lighter to give the dividers more
impact.

Cheers
Andy

--