I am plotting in regularly basis a certain set of data in excel.
Based on some data analysis this set of data has to be fitted to these
equations:
y = 1/x^a  	(1) 	and /or
y = b/x^c 	                (2)
from data analysis, constants a, b and c are found and are placed lets say
in cells A1, B1, C1.
On my graph, I am putting then two small text labels where the real equation
is displayed: smth. like: y = 1/ x^3.45  and / or  y = 0.256 / x^3.12    The
whole process is similar with excel curve fitting, when the “show equation on
chart” is checked.

Thank you in advance
My question is: Can I somehow “automate” the procedure of creating and
putting these text labels on excel graph.

0
Tim6814 (325)

Tim wrote:

> I am plotting in regularly basis a certain set of data in excel.
> Based on some data analysis this set of data has to be fitted to these
> equations:
> y = 1/x^a  	(1) 	and /or
> y = b/x^c 	                (2)
> from data analysis, constants a, b and c are found and are placed lets say
> in cells A1, B1, C1.
> On my graph, I am putting then two small text labels where the real equation
> is displayed: smth. like: y = 1/ x^3.45  and / or  y = 0.256 / x^3.12    The
> whole process is similar with excel curve fitting, when the “show equation on
> chart” is checked.
>
> Thank you in advance
> My question is: Can I somehow “automate” the procedure of creating and
> putting these text labels on excel graph.

Tim -

Build the label in another cell (for example, D1):

="y = "&B1&" / x^" & C1

Then select the chart, press the equals key, and click on D1. Excel inserts a
textbox into the chart which is linked to this cell.

To get the appropriate code for automating this process, run the macro recorder
while doing the above.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Tim wrote:

> I am plotting in regularly basis a certain set of data in excel.
> Based on some data analysis this set of data has to be fitted to these
> equations:
> y = 1/x^a  	(1) 	and /or
> y = b/x^c 	                (2)
> from data analysis, constants a, b and c are found and are placed lets say
> in cells A1, B1, C1.
> On my graph, I am putting then two small text labels where the real equation
> is displayed: smth. like: y = 1/ x^3.45  and / or  y = 0.256 / x^3.12    The
> whole process is similar with excel curve fitting, when the “show equation on
> chart” is checked.
>
> Thank you in advance
> My question is: Can I somehow “automate” the procedure of creating and
> putting these text labels on excel graph.

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

AD Sync problem

learning Excel #3

Business Portal Development

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Business Portal should allow requisition to be added to issued PO
The printing of a PO changes the status of the PO from New to Released (signifying the release of the PO to the vendor). Once a PO has been released, it will not show as a PO you can add items to from business portal. The current design of the product only allows you to add to POs with a status of New. Adding an item to a Released PO should trigger a change order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

How do I lock individuals cells within an Excel spreadsheet so th.
i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. Hi first select the cells for which you want to allow entries and goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked'. Now protect the sheet 'Tools - Protection' "ucastores" wrote: > i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the > spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. ...

Adding PST Tax onto Invoice Report
Hi there, Can anyone show me or help me start off in modifying the sales invoice report to display both GST and PST taxes for Canadian companies. I know that the report is within report writer but am clueless on how to start this off, but more on where I need to pull the data. Thanks. Hi Ian, This is fairly easy... you'll have to work with calculated fields and use the schdeduled tax table (TX_Detail_MSTR = TX00201). Normaly, those taxes are already taken care within the default SOP Blank Form, but I suspect that you want to show the various tax labels and their respec...