Add Whisker to floating series that I put NO FILL

How can I find a series on a graph to add whiskers to if I have highlighted
the series and made it disappear by selecting no fill?  Sort of making my own
stock chart, but can the hidden series be found?

Thanks for your help!
0
John1063 (943)

You can find it in the Chart Element dropdown on the Chart toolbar, or you
can select another series and click the up and down arrow keys until the
hidden series is selected.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

> How can I find a series on a graph to add whiskers to if I have
> highlighted
> the series and made it disappear by selecting no fill?  Sort of making my
> own
> stock chart, but can the hidden series be found?
>
> Thanks for your help!

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
3/20/2007 7:19:43 PM
thanks!

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> You can find it in the Chart Element dropdown on the Chart toolbar, or you
> can select another series and click the up and down arrow keys until the
> hidden series is selected.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
>

> "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I find a series on a graph to add whiskers to if I have
> > highlighted
> > the series and made it disappear by selecting no fill?  Sort of making my
> > own
> > stock chart, but can the hidden series be found?
> >
> > Thanks for your help!

0
John1063 (943)

How do I add numbers in visible cells using Excel 97
I need to add values in visible cells using Excel 97 using a formula instead of adding values of each cell individually. Thank You John Kennedy If you mean your data is filtered, check out the SUBTOTAL function -- eg: =SUBTOTAL(9,B:B) Rgds, Andy -- Support Boris - visit http://www.ncadc.org.uk/letters/newszine36/boris.html If you are hidding the rows using a filter, then look in help at the Subtotal worksheet function. Other than that, there is no built in function that ignores hidden cells. Perhaps there is a cell value condition you can check - so you could use Sumif, use the c...

How to fill a combo box with choice from another combo box
I am trying to fill combo box with a choice made in another combo box. I am trying to select a choice from a combo box "Customer_11" and then have the following choices available in another combo box "State_11". Below is the code I was trying to use, but not having any luck with getting it to work. '===================================================== 'CES Customer Information With Me.Customer_11 .AddItem "Customer 1" .AddItem "Customer 2" .AddItem "Customer 3" ...

Using Float Type Variables for Primary on SQL 2005
We seem to have hit an oddity. We have a stored procedure that gets the next sequence number. It is protected by a transaction so no two processes could update the table of ids at the same time. Every so often, we get duplicates. How could that happen? Is the value based on mantissa? If so, is there a way to expanded it? Keep in mind, I can't change the type from float. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance On 2010-07-19 16:19, RG wrote: > We seem to have hit an oddity. > Please don't multi-post. If you have to post to multiple newsgroup...

add cell
i have a long list all in one column. the data in the first fifteen ( thrue 15) is related and must be kept in sequence. the first fiftee cells repeats with changes in its data for the next fifteen (16 thru 30) and also must be kept in sequence. this repeats over and over for list of about 4000 cells. what i need to do is this: i need to insert an empt cell betwwn each group of fifteen cells.-to seperate them. between 15 & 16, 30 & 31 etc without disturbing the continuity of each 15 cel grouping.. thankyou so much -- ROL ---------------------------------------------------...

How to add a new domain to Exchange 2003?
Hey everyone, We are running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Our email domain is "mycompany.com". We would like to tell Exchange also except email for domain "newdomain.com". How do I add that at the Exchange level? I now about DNS, MX records and all of that. We don't need all of that, we are just running a test. Thanks for any and all help. Clayton Recipient Policy http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268838 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Clayton Sutton" <n...

Add-ons and verticals
Hello CRM guru's, We publish a website on which we try to give an overview of all add- ons and verticals that are available for Microsoft CRM. We do have over 100 add-ons listed, but only a few verticals. Do you have any vertical that you want to share with the CRM community? Don't hesitate and post them on www.pimpmycrm.com via the comment form or via the emailadres that is listed there. This is a free website, so you have nothing to lose. Of course, if you are looking for extra functions, add-ons or verticals, you can also find them there. I have few, can you listed that on your si...

add wave file to avi file
Can any one give me a working example on how to add a .wav file to a .avi file. I used http://www.wischik.com/lu/programmer/avi_utils.html#code I did get the .avi file working. but when I try to AddAviWav(avi,"wav.wav",SND_FILENAME); it is not working at all. I also tried the code at http://www.codeguru.com/mfc/comments/54222.shtml and code at http://www.codeguru.com/mfc/comments/38536.shtml It is not workine either. Is the play time of the .avi has to be the same as the .wav file? Thanks for help. Jim ...

Help needed to add commets, arrows, etc to existing graph...
I am wanting to add comments and arrows (that look proper) and fill i the area between two lines on a line graph i have created in excel. Ca someone please guide me on how this may be done... I was thinking: i. there may be a way to do it in excel that i am not aware of, ii. there may be another charting program which will draw the chart with all the frills from data exported from excel, iii. there may be another program that allows me to add stuff t already created excel charts, iv. something else. My aim is to export these graphs to word - they will form part of report i am writting. An...

Outlook 2002: can't add new contacts, or new calendar entries
Hi; I've been struggling to get Outlook 2002 to add new contacts. They are created, but the name won't appear. Also when I try to add an event to the calendar, nothing appears. I have had these problems since Outlook 2000, which was the main reason I upgraded to Office XP Pro. But it hasn't solved the problem. I also find I can't get the auto archive to work properly, it often stops. I can't manually drag/move older emails to the archive folders, only newer ones. I've run the SCANPST program a few times, no errors. I've been trying to reduce the siz...

Backgrounds forgets fill effects
Word uses the same "fill effects" that Publisher uses. It's easy to modify the settings in Word because each time you bring up the fill effects it's already filled in with your existing setting. However, Publisher's fill effects dialog box for "More backgrounds..." comes up blank; not filled in with existing settings. This makes it difficult to evaluate and try new settings. Surely this is either a problem with my setup or a bug in Publisher. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? I'm not sure I'm following what you are saying. When you se...

put back the bar code for envelopes
The United State post office would appreciate it if you gave MS Word users the ability to print zip code bar codes on the bottom of our envelopes again, so would I! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en...

?-Change data series range as data is entered?
I have a chart which shows a prediction curve and an actual curve. The prediction curve runs out until the end of a project. The actual curve is populated as data is entered. I will be generating a number of these charts from a datatable. I would like to plot the prediction curve for the duration of the project (easy). I would then like to plot the actual curve with only the existing data and not have the line drop to the x-axis at the end. Can I put a formula in the data series "x values" field? I hope that my description makes sense..... Thanks, Carl -- isofuncurves ---...

add-in
When logging onto Outlook the following message show up: "The add-in 'C:\pavfn\exch\PavExCli.dll' could not be installed or loaded. THis problem may be resolved by using detect&repair on the Help menu. Unable to load c:\pavfn\exch\\pavExCli.dll. You may be out of memory, out of system resources, or missing a .dll file." I have done all of the things mentioned and am certainly not out of memory or system resources. I have asked this question before many months ago and had to cancel something. Just do not have the message that was sent to me. I have deleted ...

Bridge or Up/Down floating column chart
Might anyone know of an example to a bridge or floating bar chart that I could download and learn from - I need to build a template in excel for lots of Power point slides. I have a book with a picture of one but no examples. Thanks for the time Try either of these tutorial pages: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ TFrisch wrote: > Might anyone know of an example to a ...

Add a number based on list of criteria ??
Example: Cell A = 50, Cell B = 96%, Cell C = Cell A + (Cell A x Cell B) = 98 I want to be able to compare the list of criteria and add a number to Cell C accordingly For example: If Cell B is between 95 and 100%, Add 1 to the total in Cell C If between 85 and 94%, add 2... etc. There are more than 7 so I know I can't simply nest If statements... Any advice on how I could fairly simply accomplish this? TIA! One way: Put your % bands in a table (say in J1:Kx, e.g.: J K 1 0 11 2 5% 10 3 15% 9 .... 10 85% 2 11 ...

Change fill color of cell
Hello, Excel 2k on Vista 64 bit. I have a range of cells (b2:bn2) in a row that are answers to a quiz. In the same cells below are the answers with a different quiz participant in each row. I would like to change the background of the cells that do not match the answers in b2:bn2. I have used conditional formatting and accomplished this task, however, I would also like to total the wrong answers in column "bo" for every row. I have found a bit of programming on line but it doesn't work with conditional formatting. It does work when I format the cells by hand. Any ...

Changing series formula
Hello, Im using the WorksheetFunction.Substitute code to change a series formula. But when a series sources data which is #NA, the code wont work, as the data is not visible on the chart. Anyway around this to change those series also? many thanks ahead. Ali - Convert the series type to xlArea first, then you'll be able to access the series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Ali wrote: > Hello, > > Im using the WorksheetFunction.Substitute code to change a series formula. But when a series sources ...

Re: 'Server XXXX Not Available.' When Trying To Add a Process Serv
Hi Mariano, We have contacted our Partner and they say that we have to pay $2,500.00 additional to get the process server as it is not the part of Systems Manager, any more. Our product say " New Enhancement plan" and I see Systems Manager is installed but not the process server.. By BRL; you mean Business ready license? "Viol-8-r" <viol-8-r@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:... > Thanks, Mariano, > Yes, we are checking it with the Partner and sure I will update you about > the outcome. > > "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions....

HOW DO I ADD NON-NUMERIC VALUES
HOW DO I ADD NON-NUMERIC VALUES? Without shouting (i.e., using ALL CAPS), please explain what you mean by "add non-numeric values". Addition normally requires that values be numeric. In article <4DB070A2-B74F-44EA-8FDF-A49C20AE691A@microsoft.com>, DUKE <DUKE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > HOW DO I ADD NON-NUMERIC VALUES? Can you give examples of the "non-numeric values"? (btw, we avoid typing in all capitals in the newsgroups.....it indicates shouting) -------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) (XL2003, Win XP) "DUKE...

add rows to a sheet
Hi If I have this in a sheet: 1 5 8 10 15 25 27 30 What i want is a macro there can make empty rows between the number so there come 3 empty rows between 1 and 5 and 1 empty row between 8 and 10 - and so on, I don't know how many rows there are numbers in: Hope some one understand and maybe also can help. Try this... (Put the cursor in on the first value - 1) then run the macro until the end. Sub InsertingLines() Dim Firstvalue As Integer Dim Secondvalue As Integer Dim Result As Integer Dim NoofRows As Integer Dim Number As Integer Firstvalue = ActiveCell....

Add Replication to All Public Folders at Once
I have ~400 public folders, and we are mirgrating Exchange to a dedicated server. I need to add replication for all those folders to my new server, but I don't want to go through each individual folder and add the replication for the new server. Is there a way I can add the replication for all folders at once? Or is there a way I can script it? If your folders are nested, you only need to configure the top-level folders. Then for each top-level folder, use All Tasks>Propagate Settings to push the settings to the subfolders. You can select which settings to push. -- Teresa Appelgat...

add entries to Calendar
when adding an entry into the calendar(Outlook 2002), say an hourlong meeting for a week from now, it displays at the top of my calendar from the day entered until the meeting is over. any way to not show this? this isn't normal, its only happening to one user. ...

Toolbar associated with fill handle
Can anyone tell me how to stop this little thing appearing in 2002. I don't think it's a smart tag, and I can't find out what it's called. Bernice Barratt I'm not sure what you're referring to but if it's the Auto Fill Options popup try unchecking Show Paste Options Buttons under Tools, Options, Edit. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Bernice L" <Bernice L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E33606CE-1F91-4241-BC05-D52208BE3CA2@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how to stop this little thing appearing in 2002. I > don't > t...

How do i use auto text to fill in a word after type few letters
i am trying to set my auto text to like at the end of a document , if i type Sat... a screen tip will appear and display full Saturday? There is no autocomplete function in Word 2007, like that you describe, other than for dates. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> ...

How to divide a data series into different ranges?
In a report i need to divide my chart by certain ranges...suppose if i have a datea series for reports for every week.I want to display the reports older than 3 months,older than 2 months etc in a single data series by dividing the data sereis...Please help It's much easier to use multiple series. If it's anything but an XY chart, use separate worksheet columns that line up with the X values, with values where the series appears and blanks where other series appear. It's pretty much as described in my Conditional Charts page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalC...