Add System Date to Chart

Hi All,

Is there any way of display the system date, either within the title of the
chart, or anywhere else?

Cheers.
Bill.

0
bill7723 (26)

Hi,

You could link the chart title to a cell which contains the system data.
Once you have added the chart title to link it to a cell enter the full cell
address in the formula bar.

=Sheet1!$A$1

http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Bill" <bill@bill.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Is there any way of display the system date, either within the title of
> the chart, or anywhere else?
>
> Cheers.
> Bill.

0
andy9699 (3616)

pivot chart, mean and standard error
hello, I'm using a pivot table to calculate the mean and the stdevp of values collected in different condition. My problem is to draw the corresponding chart for the means of the values, and using the stdevp values for the error bars. Using a stacked histogram, I have something which resembles to what I would like but I would prefer to have a classical error bar. Is there a way to manage ? I want to keep something automatic and not static, with a copy/paste values to draw manually my charts. Thanks for your help -- Misange migrateuse http://www.excelabo.net mail : http://cerbermail.c...

Stacked Line Chart
I have a chart that is predominately a stacked bar chart however I want to have 3 sections as a stacked line chart as the represent hours for the whole group. I can sucessfully set it for 2 stacked lines but when I add the 3rd line if it has either a blank or 0 in the cell it picks up the line from the previous stacked line. Is it possible to have 3 stacked lines? Sure it's possible, but I don't know what you mean, "it picks up the line from the previous stacked line". Stacked means each line's value is added to the previous total, so if the value of the third it...

How to add Yahoo Email POP?
Dear All, I have installed Window Live Mail via MSN. I would like to add Yahoo POP email account? I tried using the below configuration which I can find in Yahoo Help. But whenever I pressed the Sync button, it prompts me the below errors. Pls help. CONFIGURATION =========== POP Yahoo! Mail with Another Email Client ============================= Want to use another email program to send and receive Yahoo! Mail messages? If so, you'll be asked to designate a new incoming (POP3) mail server and a new outgoing (SMTP) mail server. Here are the basic server settings for Yahoo...

New Chart in Excel 2007 is NOT showed unless preview
I have a sheet with multiple charts in Excel 2007 one of the new created charts is hidden when I open the file Unless preview is selected, then finally turned on BUT many formats are changed and objects on charts (titles,...) can not be moved ! what's wrong ? Make sure you have installed SP2 for Office 2007 as this fixes some (not all) chart problems best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B0A3E5C-AABD-4982-962B-8C5C09A2CC5A@microsoft...

How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data with Excel 2007
How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data using Excel 2007 Are your "dates" actual Excel dates or just text? With actual Excel dates, pre-2007 versions have no problem doing simple linear regression. To interpret the results though, you need to remember how Excel dates are stored: An Excel date is the number of days since 1900, so the numeric value of today's date is 39736, and the intercept of the regression will be the value of the relationship extrapolated to 30Dec1899 (since Excel mistakenly considers 1900 to be a leap year) "Gordon Lee" wrote: >...

How do I create an area and line combination chart?
I want tocreate a combination chart, using the chart types area and line, it is not listed as a custom type in Excel - is it possible? Hi, Ignore the built-in combinations and create your own. Start with creating a Line chart with your data. Then select the line series that you want as an area chart. Right click and pick Chart Type to select the required Area chart type. Cheers Andy Nuala wrote: > I want tocreate a combination chart, using the chart types area and line, it > is not listed as a custom type in Excel - is it possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://ww...

I get wrong dates when i paste from a different sheet into a new s
Hello again, My problem now is when I open an old excel sheet with data on it and try to paste that info on a new sheet I get wrong information. example: I'm trying to copy dates from an excel sheet I have. The dates are for the year 2004. When I copy the data and paste it on a new sheet the dates I now see are 2000. I'm puzzled. What I find wierd is when I have clipboard open the information shows the correct dates but when it's actually pasted on the sheet it shows as 2000. I'm using Excel 2003, but I get the same thing when using excel 2002(xp) Thanks for your help,...

changed time and date and messed up appointments
Hi I recently went to UK from Australia, then to italy, I must have changed the time zones, and now my appointments are all over the place, Is there a way of getting them back to original times and dates. for the future is there a better way of handling time zones. i also use a pocket pc where i probably changed zones as well. thanks tim See the following MSKB article for a workaround: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=197480 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the mes...

Stock High-Low-Close Chart
Is it possible to produce a Hi-Lo-Close chart with reversed axes - ie with the Hi-Lo bars horizontal rather than vertical? The normal HLC chart has stocks listed along the x axis and price up the y axis. How would I switch this around? I want to display a series of stocks listed down the y axis and the hilo price range given across the x-axis. Thanks for any advice on this. Tim, Assuming your data is first set up like this and cover the range A1:D8: High Close Low Conoco 41 39.5 38 Exxon 42 40.5 39 Shell 41 39.5 38 Baker 40 38.5 37 Halliburton 39 37.5 36 Marathon 40 38.5 37 Diamond 40...

Year + week => first date of week
Hi, I would like Excel to calculate the date for the first day (Monday) in a week.I have my sheet setup like this: Cell = A1 = Year = 2009 Cell = A2 = Week = 32 Cell = A3 =DATE(A3,1,1)+7*B3 this gives me the Excel date = 40038 (2009-08-13 Thursday) this is not correct. Correct Excel date for 2009 week 32 should be 40028 (2008-08-03 Monday). I live in Sweden and we use the ISO week that starts on Mondays (first week of the new year is the first week that contains Thursday). I don't know if it has got something to do with that the formula above does not work. Above formula is the one I ...

Date problem #6
I have a column containing 4/21/2004 10/7/2003 5/5/2004 Which I need to convert to UK dates. because of the variables(4/, 10/) I am unable to use mid etc in seperate columns. also =TEXT(f2,"DD/MM/YY")fails to work. Hi are these values 'real' date values. If yes a simple format should do -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Gerry" <Gerry.Briant@goodrich.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9a4601c486b0$01ac1f40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a column containing > 4/21/2004 > 10/7/2003 > 5/5/2004 > Which I need to convert to UK dates. > bec...

Stop Chart Style (Format) Update
Hi TWIMC, I'm using Excel 2000 and I have a pivot table that aggregates data based on REGION, COUNTRY, ZONE etc etc. Once I have set up the chart they way that I would like it to look, if I then make a change to the selection using the pivot chart buttons, e.g. I select a country and the chart re-formats itself back to what appears to be the default style. I've set my chart style to the default but it still doesn't keep my chart style. What I want is that the chart style remains the same but the new values are just plotted onto the chart. I'm sure there is an option to turn ...

Change Y axes (Categories) on line chart
I have a line chart. I am happy with my X axis categories, which say something like "Term 1", "Term 2", "Term 3" etc However my Y axis reflects the actual values (eg Points scored) that I wish to chart, whereas I want it to contain descriptive terms such as "Grade C", "Grade B" etc I have read Jon Peltier on how to change axis by creating a dummy series in a scatter graph. Problem is that if I change to a scatter chart, I lose my X axis.values that I am happy with. I suppose that I could then fix this by using Jon's solution twice: o...

How do print a chart with smooth lines?
I am trying to paste a pie chart in PowerPoint and print a pie chart with smooth edges. Does anyone know how this is done? Thanks I've got the same question. Is there any way to smooth the lines? "AmyC79" wrote: > I am trying to paste a pie chart in PowerPoint and print a pie chart with > smooth edges. Does anyone know how this is done? > > Thanks The only workaround I could come up with was to draw an elipse over the pie chart. I set the color in the middle of the elipe to no fill and made the line thickness "2" to cover the jagged pie circle....

Sparkline Charts
Hi, How can i create sparkline charts in excel 2003 Hi, To do it easily, you'll need to dowload one of the many add-ins available. With a bit of fiddlinh, you can generate some chart types which can be made small enough to fit in a single, slightly enlarged cell. Another way is to use a panel chart. Dave "Raiju" wrote: > Hi, > > How can i create sparkline charts in excel 2003 You can use the free Excel add-in I created. Download and examples files are available at http://sparklines-excel.blogspot.com/. Sparklines for excel is an open source project hosted by S...

Trying to total the column values in my chart?
Hi !! I am using the Stacked Column with a 3-d visual effect chart. I am charting 6 months worth of numbers with 5 values in each column. I would like to add up the totals in each column of my chart to make a heading (or something). Can this be done? Thanks ! K8T Hi, The last section of this page shows you how to add a total to a 3-d stack. http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "K8T" <K8T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35E21028-5057-4B86-9725-2324FF5DA718@micr...

Can't set alignment in Pivot Chart
I have a pivot chart with 2 level category labels on the x axis. It looks a bit like this: 1/4 1/6 | 1/4 1/6 | 1/4 1/6 | 1/4 1/6 | Company A | Company B | Company C | Company D | I can change the dates (1/4, 1/6) to display vertically, but not the company names(Company A, Company B). Is there a trick to this? I added a third level, the year. But I still could only change the top level. Thanks for any help! ...

Opening new form in add mode with preset values
I'm currently working on a personal database to manage family-tree type data and have come across a problem. To note off the bat, I'm very new to Access and am essentially teaching myself as I go by picking apart template databases and playing with my own "test" databases. I only yesterday figured out that most of my hitches now require macros or visual basic coding so I've been trying to learn that too. I figured out how to have a new form open to a related record, and how to have a new form open in add mode, but I'm not sure how to have it open a new form in add mo...

Unable to change custom dates in report
Hello all, Recently I tried to change the custom dates for the "Net Worth over Time" report, and Money Plus would no longer do this. If I click on either the current custom dates or "Customize" in the list of tasks, Money freezes until I press the escape key. I get the same behavior in all of my Money files, so I think it is not data file corruption, but a problem with the application itself. How can this be fixed? TIA, -- Tom http://home.att.net/~tbharvey/ I have the exact same problem. Has only just started happening. Happens with all of my files so it...

How do I convert two pie charts into one 3-D column chart?
Hi, You can not automatically do this. You will have to pick one of the pies and convert that to a 3d column and then expand the data range used by that chart. Or add the other pie as a new data series. Cheers Andy Amy wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

PIVOT CHARTS DEFAULT COLOURING
I managed somehow to change the default colouring on a Pivot Chart, which kept the new colouring even when page changes were made. Unfortunately can't remember and according to HELP this can't be done. Has anyone any idea as to how I achieved this. ...

Pie Chart Data Labels #3
I recently discovered a curious "feature" of Excel. If you create a pie chart, and label the slices of the pie with data labels that include the percentage, Excel sometimes adjusts the values in unexpected ways. As far as I can tell, this only happens when the percentages are formatted as whole-number percents (e.g., "57%"). In this situation, Excel will adjust values so that the sum of all of the percentages around the pie is exactly 100%. I discovered this situation when I created a pie chart that had 7 slices. The percentage associated with one of the slices appeared...

measuring plan in % with pie chart
I d like to measure how much of my plan has been succeeded... lets say 5% OF 100%, later this would rise to 50% and so on. The problem i now have is how to present a PIE chart after I go beyond 100% if I do better than the original plan is? any idea? thanks for all the help On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Mortir <mare.rozman@gmail.com> said: >I d like to measure how much of my plan has been succeeded... lets say >5% OF 100%, later this would rise to 50% and so on. The problem i now >have is how to present a PIE chart after I go beyond 100% if I do >...

Disabling System Menu on the dialog
How can we disable entire system menu on the dialog at runtime? Is there any direct way or do I have to disable each Menu Item??? It will be better if any direct method is available. Your help is appreciated. Got the answer. Just commenting the default loading of System Menu inside OnInitDialog() did the trick. /* if (pSysMenu != NULL) { CString strAboutMenu; strAboutMenu.LoadString(IDS_ABOUTBOX); if (!strAboutMenu.IsEmpty()) { pSysMenu->AppendMenu(MF_SEPARATOR); pSysM...

Getting System Time From SQL Server
I'm using an Access MDB as a front end to a SQL 7 database. When I place the system time in a field in Access, it used the user's clock. I'd like to use the SQL Server system time, so that the times will be synchronized. I suppose I can just do a pass-through query with "select getdate()." But I was wondering if there was some built-in method, either in Access or SQL Server. I'm concerned about the overhead of running a pass-through query every time I need the current time. Thanks. Neil (nospam@nospam.net) writes: > I'm using an Access MDB as a front...