add source data to chart in excel

I can't get Excel to accept more than 19 data points for my X-axis in a
chart? Is this a limit? How do I add more data points? (As soon as I try to
add the 20th point, all of the other points are lost.)
0
Susan (148)

Hi Susan

I have had this trouble in the past. Try....

Right click chart and select 'Source Data'.
Delete any existing source data and close dialog box.
Select the source data you require and copy it.
Click on the chart and paste.

Sandy

"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't get Excel to accept more than 19 data points for my X-axis in a
> chart? Is this a limit? How do I add more data points? (As soon as I try
> add the 20th point, all of the other points are lost.)

Wow. It works! That's what I like about Excel. There's always a way to get
around a problem!  Thank you so much!

"Sandy" wrote:

> Hi Susan
>
> I have had this trouble in the past. Try....
>
> Right click chart and select 'Source Data'.
> Delete any existing source data and close dialog box.
> Select the source data you require and copy it.
> Click on the chart and paste.
>
> Sandy
>
> "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I can't get Excel to accept more than 19 data points for my X-axis in a
> > chart? Is this a limit? How do I add more data points? (As soon as I try
> > add the 20th point, all of the other points are lost.)

0
Susan (148)
4/24/2008 6:36:02 PM
The best way around this problem is to put your data into a contiguous
range, so you don't have to select a bunch of individual cells.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

> Wow. It works! That's what I like about Excel. There's always a way to get
> around a problem!  Thank you so much!
>
> "Sandy" wrote:
>
>> Hi Susan
>>
>> I have had this trouble in the past. Try....
>>
>> Right click chart and select 'Source Data'.
>> Delete any existing source data and close dialog box.
>> Select the source data you require and copy it.
>> Click on the chart and paste.
>>
>> Sandy
>>
>> "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I can't get Excel to accept more than 19 data points for my X-axis in a
>> > chart? Is this a limit? How do I add more data points? (As soon as I
>> > try
>> > add the 20th point, all of the other points are lost.)

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Pulling data from separate tabs

learning Excel #3

data sort

Help with importing data

Formula for cross tab data filling

predict future data

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Excel VBA

Q:Excel/ODBC/Login ....
Hi' there ! My situation is this; My customer have a hole bunch of different Excel workbooks - with VB code inside. In this VB code the user/pwd to the ODBC connection is hardcoded. This hardcoding is not approved by audit. Is there any smart way (opposed the insert a login-dialogbox in each of those workbooks) - to solve this problem? What I thought of, is to make a button on my menubar to etablish the ODBC connection and regardless of wich workbook I open - hold this connection open. But somethins tells me, that the code should beplaced in a workbook - and not directly in Excel...

Reference / Copy Dynamic Data
Have a worksheet listing products and prices for numerous suppliers. eg.: Supplier--Product---Price ABC-------apple-----1.00 ABC-------orange----1.20 XYZ-------brick-----3.40 XYZ-------cement----0.80 This worksheet will change often. What I would like is to reference this information on other worksheets. I would also split the info onto a worksheet for each supplier. Therefore i will have a worksheet for ABC and for XYZ, and the info in these worksheets will change as the main "index" worksheet changes. eg. Worksheet ABC contains: Product---Price apple-----1.00 orange----1.20 ...