Add legend to trendline? #2

I am charting total cash income 1530-1650 for a foundation against the left
axis. Against the right axis is the constant (uninflated) value of this
income. As these two lines intersect frequently, the chart is too busy, so I
have inserted a 10-year moving average trendline for the latter line, and
“cleared” the actual constant value line. Now there are only two lines on my
chart—total cash income and the trendline of its constant value, which is how
I want it.
The problem is that when I “cleared” the constant value line, the
corresponding line in the legend also disappeared, but the legend entry did
not. I need to to (1) get rid of this legend entry for the line that is no
longer there, and (2) add a legend entry explaining the trendline (with
corresponding little line in the legend box).
Can this be done?

0
Jauchart (4)

To remove legend: click on legend box, click on legend to delete (make sure
the fill handles are around the marker/line and the text; if they are just
around the marker/line you will delete the data series); use delta key

To give trendline more useful legend text: right click trendline; select
Format Trendline; open Options tab; type text in the Custom name box

best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Jauchart" <Jauchart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am charting total cash income 1530-1650 for a foundation against the left
> axis. Against the right axis is the constant (uninflated) value of this
> income. As these two lines intersect frequently, the chart is too busy, so
> have inserted a 10-year moving average trendline for the latter line, and
> "cleared" the actual constant value line. Now there are only two lines on
> my
> chart-total cash income and the trendline of its constant value, which is
> how
> I want it.
> The problem is that when I "cleared" the constant value line, the
> corresponding line in the legend also disappeared, but the legend entry
> did
> not. I need to to (1) get rid of this legend entry for the line that is no
> longer there, and (2) add a legend entry explaining the trendline (with
> corresponding little line in the legend box).
> Can this be done?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

NESTED IF STATEMENTS #2
Having a little problem in an excel class, hoping someone might be able to help. I'm trying to fill in the discount column on a spreadsheet with the following info. The problem states use a nested form of the IF function to calculate 15% if Amount is greater that $300., 10% if Amount is greater than $100., and 0% if Amount is less than $100. The Amount column is cell D5. Anyone know how to write the formula and explain how to go about it? Any help would be much appreciated. Let's see. This is homework so you should come up with the answer yourself. Did you start by looking in the he...

Multiple PST Files #2

lost menu bar #2
HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet and I can't seem to find anyone to help me get it back. The menu I am missing is the one that includes - File, Edit, Insert and etc. I have tried...right clicking - customize - toolbars, but I don't seem to have the needed item. Anyone with suggestions - please reply... Thanks. Hi if you right-click on the menu bar you should see an item like 'General'. Check this item -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JoEllen OSBDC wrote: > HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet > and I can't s...

Thread Synchronization #2
Hi, I have a shared resource, say a file which is to be accessed between multiple threads. There are say 20 Read threads and 1 Write thread. When the Write thread is writing into the file, the Read threads should be blocked, and when even 1 read thread reads, the Write thread should be blocked. The Read threads can read simultaneously, but only say 5 at a time. What kind of synchronization mechanism can I use for this? TIA, Sucharit You can create a mutex a adquire it when a read operation start, check it before start any write operation. You will need another mutex ...

using dates Part 2

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

Publisher 2000? #2
Is there a place where I can still get version 2000? I've been looking, but all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial. My computer can't run 2007. *If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually prefer that over 2000.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Compare 2 different workbooks with the result in a 3rd
I have two workbooks (2005 Sales, 2004 Sales), which track daily results in half hour intervals. I want to be able to show the increase in 2005 in a 3rd workbooks. The first two workbooks are identically formatted. How can I do this? Many thanks to all in the forum who have helped in the past. If the data is in exactly the same position in the two worksheets you could copy/paste one's data to a new worksheet and then copy the second's, doing an Edit, Paste Special, Subtract on top of the first's data. This is admittedly crude but it is easy to do. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP &q...

Delegates cannot add contacts?
I've created an OU for external email addresses, shared across the company. Within that OU, I've created a nested OU for specific delegation. I've delegated management of the OU to a specific contract manager. My dilemma? From what I've been able to determine, no one except an Exchange admin can create new contacts. Ideas/suggestions? I've installed the Exchange admin/management tools on the appropriate systems. TIA, Mike Mike Is the problem that you have delegated permissions within AD and are no experiencing problems? Nue "Mike" <newsgroups@manco...

Unable to add documents to My Recent Documents
Hello, Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied" message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab. Are you Right-Clicking on the Start Button and then selecting Properties from the list? If you select Properties then You need to select Customize from Start Menu Tab. Then from Advanced Tab you should ensure there is a TICK next to "List my Most Recently Opened Documents". hth Gary V wrote: > > Hello, &g...

import from eudora #2
I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in outlook. I want to move all of my mailboxes to outlook. Eudora does not have an export function. Do I need to go through something else, such as Thunderbird. I can't use Outlook Express, because it only imports through Eudora v3.0. I have 4.3. Any thoughts on this? "Nate Rosenthal" <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote in message news:IOmdnV5bH5fEddbVnZ2dnUVZ_rbinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in >outlook. I want to move all of my m...

add GENDERCODE to leads
We implemented MS CRM some time ago, and now we come across some minor issues... one of them is: why can't we add the GENDERCODE to a lead?? is there a way to do it (easily) or can we better forget about it??? ...

Excel AutoSave #2
In Excel 2000 was this feature available? User is not seeing it. Excel 2000 had the AUTOSAVE.XLA Add-in Should be in Tools>Add-ins. If not available there, do a file search on your computer. If not there, install from the CD. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 May 2004 13:26:16 -0700, "Ssolano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Excel 2000 was this feature available? >User is not seeing it. ...

downloading #2
I have attempted to download bank statements into Money 2001. Although my bank shows the statements were downloaded, nothing appears in Money,and I am not offered any opportunity to review or add the transactions. Does anyone have any advice. I am familiar with how it is supposed to work, for I had downloaded statements successfully in the past. ...

Add Remove Message Inbox Headings
Hi :) I have to do the ECDL (European Computer Driving License) Module 7 this week and I'm stuck on two points: 7.6.3.1 - Add/Remove Message Inbox Headings like: sender, subject, date, received - How do I add or remove those headings in Outlook 2007? Thanks for any help :) Giulio. ...

Missing send/receive button #2
After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in Mail and it doesn't appear on the tools menu. I've done reinstall/repair twice without fixing the problem. Is there some configuration procedure I need to do? Thanks for any help. Windwatcher wrote: > After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data > file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in > Mail and > it doesn't appear on the tools menu. I've done reinst...

Syncronizing Outlook Contacts with Quick Books Pro #2
I am unable to get "home" addresses in Outlook Contacts to show up in Quick Books Pro. Only the "business" addresses show up. HELP!!!! which version of outlook and did it ever sync all the addresses? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "Curtis&qu...

playing sounds in email #2
I wonder if anyone can please help me to know how to send an email which will automatically play a sound file when it is previewed or opened by the recipient I have received such emails occasionally, and I now have a serious reason (as opposed to a 'fun' one, which is what all these others were!) to want to do this. Thanks, Jeff ...

Add on for billing fixed fee projects?
My client has a need to bill fixed fee projects through CRM. The invoice needs to display current billing, billed to date, and remaining billing (against contract value) at a project task level. Anyone know of an add on for project companies that can do this? I am afraid there will be some specific add on, but many companies have doen this customization, if you are interested for customization of such things that is easy. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Randy...

How can I use a form (Excel) to add a column of data to the right.
How can I use a form (Excel) to add a column of data to the right of a list? It's a simple matter to add a column to the left of a list by writing a macro that inserts a column and then pastes the values. However I want to have the data pasted on the right of a list, if only so that I can easily run a chart from it. ...

CColorDialog #2
I am trying to work with the CColorDialog in an MFC app and everything is going fine, except I would like to change the title of the dialog so that instead of "Color" I make it say what I want it to say. Seemed easy enough to do, but no. Not much info on the web unless I am searching for the wrong kinds of info. Of course, it derives from CWnd, so I tried SetWindowText(), but that failed and I assume it is because the handle to the color dialog doesnt exist until you call DoModal(). Thus the call to setting the window text fails because there is no window. So, what are th...

Error when I try to add a new account to Money 2007
I just downloaded the trial version of the Essentials to review, and if it's ok, buy it. When I try to add a new account which not selected from the list, the program displays me an error window and stop to create the new account. The error message is the same, what I found on the trobleshoot page: "OBRES:34 source 16.0". But when I try to remove the Spending Tracker module nothings happend (I mean I get the same error), and also if I clean the whole Home page. I'm in Hungary, and I tried it with English Windows XP, and Vista also. After this error I don't know ho...

Up-side down Graph #2
Hi, How do I make an Up-side down graph. (with y-axis values shown on the opposite direction). Hi, Double click the axis and on the scale tab check Values in reverse order. Is that the upside down you want? Cheers Andy excel_hari@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi, > > How do I make an Up-side down graph. (with y-axis values shown on the > opposite direction). > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Andy, Thanks for the solution. its been a great help. Regards, Hari India Andy Pope wrote: > Hi, > > Double click the axis and on the scale tab ...

Installation CRM 1.2 on SBS2003 SP1 fails, please help
At the end of my installation I get an error windows with; Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server Setup was unable to provision your organisation Setup was unable to create user settings. Access is denied. (80070005) Active Directory is in native mode I am installing as the administrator (domain admin) security account for services in Local System account Local System account and computer are added to the Pre Windows 2000 comp group Thanks in advance for any support Marc Did you enter your organization name precisely the same way it appears on your CRM 1.2 licenses? -- Matt ...