Add Header Automatically to the Chart

How can I take the information written in the cell A1-sheet1 and then put it
automatically in the header of the chart that already created.

Thanks in advance.
Maperalia
0
maperalia (28)

Use Chart Options to add a chart title such as Junk
On chart, select the dummy title and in the formula bar type =, now click on
cell A1; press Enter
Done
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"maperalia" <maperalia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I take the information written in the cell A1-sheet1 and then put
> it
> automatically in the header of the chart that already created.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Maperalia

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
3/18/2006 1:40:18 PM
Bernard;
Thanks for your quick respond. However, the way you advised me is the way I
have been doing it. What exactly I am taking about is the headers and footer
in the chart. You know under the page setup. I have noticed that you can put
the file name, date, however,  I can not costumize information that comes
from the cells.
Do you think you can help me with this matter.

Thanks.
Maperalia

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> Use Chart Options to add a chart title such as Junk
> On chart, select the dummy title and in the formula bar type =, now click on
> cell A1; press Enter
> Done
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "maperalia" <maperalia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I take the information written in the cell A1-sheet1 and then put
> > it
> > automatically in the header of the chart that already created.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Maperalia

0
maperalia (28)
3/19/2006 4:00:26 AM
Confused by reference to CHART header when what is meant is printed page
header.
See info here http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=273028
best wishes

--

> Bernard;
> Thanks for your quick respond. However, the way you advised me is the way
> have been doing it. What exactly I am taking about is the headers and
> footer
> in the chart. You know under the page setup. I have noticed that you can
> put
> the file name, date, however,  I can not costumize information that comes
> from the cells.
> Do you think you can help me with this matter.
>
> Thanks.
> Maperalia
>
> "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
>
>> Use Chart Options to add a chart title such as Junk
>> On chart, select the dummy title and in the formula bar type =, now click
>> on
>> cell A1; press Enter
>> Done
>> best wishes
>> --
>> Bernard V Liengme
>> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
>> remove caps from email
>>
>> "maperalia" <maperalia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How can I take the information written in the cell A1-sheet1 and then
>> > put
>> > it
>> > automatically in the header of the chart that already created.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> > Maperalia

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
3/19/2006 2:14:40 PM
Bernard;
Thank you very much. This is exactly what I was looking for. I really
appreciate your helping me with this matter.

Best regards.
Maperalia

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> Confused by reference to CHART header when what is meant is printed page
> header.
> See info here http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=273028
> best wishes
>
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "maperalia" <maperalia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Bernard;
> > Thanks for your quick respond. However, the way you advised me is the way
> > have been doing it. What exactly I am taking about is the headers and
> > footer
> > in the chart. You know under the page setup. I have noticed that you can
> > put
> > the file name, date, however,  I can not costumize information that comes
> > from the cells.
> > Do you think you can help me with this matter.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Maperalia
> >
> > "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
> >
> >> Use Chart Options to add a chart title such as Junk
> >> On chart, select the dummy title and in the formula bar type =, now click
> >> on
> >> cell A1; press Enter
> >> Done
> >> best wishes
> >> --
> >> Bernard V Liengme
> >> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> >> remove caps from email
> >>
> >> "maperalia" <maperalia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
maperalia (28)
3/19/2006 4:32:02 PM
You are most welcome
--

> Bernard;
> Thank you very much. This is exactly what I was looking for. I really
> appreciate your helping me with this matter.
>
> Best regards.
> Maperalia
>
> "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
>
>> Confused by reference to CHART header when what is meant is printed page
>> header.
>> See info here http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=273028
>> best wishes
>>
>> --
>> Bernard V Liengme
>> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
>> remove caps from email
>>
>> "maperalia" <maperalia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Bernard;
>> > Thanks for your quick respond. However, the way you advised me is the
>> > way
>> > have been doing it. What exactly I am taking about is the headers and
>> > footer
>> > in the chart. You know under the page setup. I have noticed that you
>> > can
>> > put
>> > the file name, date, however,  I can not costumize information that
>> > comes
>> > from the cells.
>> > Do you think you can help me with this matter.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> > Maperalia

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

How can I add my own data marker
I have a chart that I need to have the Data Marker display a $ as opposed to the triangles and squares currently available. Is this possible? Hi, You can find information here. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomMarkers.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "JANeyer" <JANeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0BFF3A2-C600-451D-A37A-F2F2B3FF3786@microsoft.com... >I have a chart that I need to have the Data Marker display a $ as opposed >to > the triangles and squares currently available. Is t...

How do add columns showing dob and years to work to give a retire.
I have a column showing date of birth and a column showing at what age they retire, 50, 55, 60. How do I add up the two to get a retirement date? Many thanks Claire Hi something like =DATE(YEAR(A1)+50,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Claire Le Monnier" <ClaireLeMonnier@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8F892F61-F652-4177-A0C0-F25899C11CFA@microsoft.com... > I have a column showing date of birth and a column showing at what age they > retire, 50, 55, 60. How do I add up the two to get a retirement date? > Many than...

Adding automaticly recipents-Outlook 2007
Hi. I want to know how to do the next thing in outlook 2007: for examlpe- I have 20 diffrent files. when I drag a file to a new mail message,I want that outlook to automaticly add the recipent according to the file I attached. of course I need to define some kind of role to know each file will go to where. example: file named: "report.doc" will automatic send(add the recipent) to john@gmail.com and danny@yahoo.com. file named: "sales.pdf" will automatic send to dave@hotmail.com ,etc... thanks. See the AttachmentAdd event of the Mailitem. With that it shou...

chart #8
Hello, I'm trying to create a chart that will mimic the candlestick chart but it does not use a timeline. Instead of displaying the timeline along the X-axis, it will show the thickness of the sheet. Sample data available as follow : 1st data set: Thickness: 0.010 Min: 10 Max: 15 2nd data set: Thickness: 0.013 Min: 10 Max: 25 3rd data set: Thickness: 0.025 Min: 15 Max: 35 The chart will display the "Thickness" along the X-axis and the "Soak Range" (Min and Max) along the Y-axis. Microsoft Excel require several variable to create a stock chart, namely: Open, Hi...

Publishing an interactive chart
Hi, Is it possible to publish an interactive chart as a webpage and kee the interactivity. The cell values don't need to be edited, but I need to view th different graphis diplayed in the drop down box. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks J Calver -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have Excel XP edition, there is no problem. You just save for the web, check a few boxes and it's done. If your viewer doesn't have XP, there is an automacic invitation to download the necessary files, as with Acrobat or Flash. johnval >-----Original Message---...

Time-stamping a chart
I am querying a database and charting the info which I want to publish on a web page. I'd like to time and date of the latest query result to appear on the chart so that users know how current the information is. Maybe even embed the last update info in the chart title? That would work... Something like... "Average Time - Last updated 01/08/2004 9:16 AM EST" Any ideas? How is the query executed? Is it through custom VBA code? Or through native XL capabilities? If the former, use the code to put the desired title in a cell. Link the cell to the chart title. For ...

adding to Add/Remove Programs
How do I add my software to the list of items in the Add/Remove Programs section of the Control Panel? Thank you. Hello, Take a look at this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall -- Elias <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:248cb1cb87443eef7912303218af9081@news.scbiz.com... > How do I add my software to the list of items in the > Add/Remove Programs section of the Control Panel? > > Thank you. Well, you should have a key with your application's name in the Windows registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mi...

Help - RMS 2.0 Installation Problem
Hello, I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the Purchase Order. I click on it, and nothing happens. I have downloaded RMS 2.0 Service Pack #2, but have not installed it yet. Thanks, Greg That problem is addressed in one of the older hot fixes prior to SP2. Marc "gregfrgusa" <gregfrgusa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEC0B25E-695E-4154-B770-398280F40F08@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the > Purchase Order. I click on it, an...

2 Questions about Excel Charts
1) I have a list of 50 points (X, Y) that I want to plot. In a third column, I have the state corresponding to each point. How do I display these states on the chart (without manually entering each)? 2) I want to create a Chart where the user can input a real number (without switching to another sheet) that changes the chart (e.g., entering ALPHA for a chart plotting "SIN(ALPHA*X)"). Listboxes, spinners only work for discrete numbers, and I do not want to put the chart on an existing worksheet. How do I create a link from a sheet to an editable value on a Chart? Thank you...

Setting chart scale min/max in VBA
Would like to set the scale on several different charts in the same workbook based on min and max values in a data range. Can do it manually but it would be nice to automate it. Any help? Hi, See Jon's page, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy pjasak@alum.mit.edu wrote: > Would like to set the scale on several different charts in the same > workbook based on min and max values in a data range. Can do it > manually but it would be nice to automate it. Any help? > Here's an example of setting min and max dates for a trend chart...

Excel 2003: Creating a dashboard and smaller charts get squished
Hi- I'm creating a dashboard with some large and small line charts using the "Camera" functionality. The display looks great, but when I click Print Preview or Print, the chart area on the smaller charts gets squished and unreadable. I have to exit without saving in order for the charts areas to be viewable. Any suggestions? Hi, As with any graphic, if you make it too small the print preview screen may not be able to display it properly, and for you printer the print drivers and maximum resolution will effect the printout. I made a small Camera tool chart and in print...

My Live Meeting outlook add-in does not show up.
I have installed the Live Meeting Outlook add-in but for some reason it does not show up. Not sure what is going on? -- Chandana Hathi HArd to help without know what version of Outlook and what version of Windows. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Chandana_MS asked: | I have installed the Live Meeting Outlook add-in but for some reason | it does not show up. Not sure what is goin...

Add fields of Scroll window in VBA ?
Hi, I am able to add other fields in form but I am unable to add fields of scrolling window in VBA. Thanks in advance -- Aditya While I'm happy you have things solved, I don't believe what you have below is the correct solution. You should be able to add any fields of any scrolling window to your project. I'm darn sure that is the case because I've used VBA to pull values from lookup windows before and those are of course browse only. My only note for scrolling windows is you have to make sure the window is "filled" before you try to add it to vba. ...

automatic calculation and adjustment of MonthlyTransfer to credit
I'm currently using Money 2004 & have been using money for 10 years. I have entered all my future bills and transfers. I've also entered a monthly transfer to my Credit Card - but I find that I have to manually adjust the amount due in each of the next 12 months in order to get an accurate indication in the Forecast cash flow (FCF). I'm sure I'm like many money users, where I pay by credit card in full on the last day that it is due (ie 55 days interest free). Is there a more recent version of MS Money that will AUTOMATICALLY CALCULATE AND ADJUST THE DATES AND ...

Graphing a line on a stock chart??
I've created stock chart (the one with bars) using the high, low, an close of the stock price. I'd like to add another data series and grap it in a line format rather than the type being used by the stock chart I can't figure out how to do it using the wizard. Is it possible? I not through the wizard, can it be done through VBA? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a series to a stock chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#OHLCplus PropKid < wrote: > I've created stock chart (the ...

Pie Chart
Good day, I have data organised as follows. Col A Col B (Header) ( % ) red 39% blue 0% white 24 % Green 10% Brown 0% My problem is that when i create a pie chart, it picks up the 0 valuses as well, and so the chart looks clustured, as i need to have the lables. Please advise how to tell the chart to omit 0 values. One option which i cannot use due to layout of the report is Hiding rows and then plotting only visible cells. Thanks Best regards Good Day, Jon, Thanks for the answer, but what i need is for the chart not to plot 0 values. SO that there are not too many slices of the pie....

How do I add a grouping level to an existing report in Access?
How do I add a grouping level to an existing report in Access? In report design view, show the Sorting and Grouping dialog (View menu.) Click the "record selector" at the left of the field where you want a row above. Tap the Insert key. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "latwood" <latwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D49F7C44-8E44-4547-811C-ABC492917A75@microsoft.com... > How do I add a grouping level ...

exporting excel charts as eps files
I am wanting to know whether it is possible to export (or save) a microsoft excel chart or graph as a vector file (e.g. eps or emf file). Basically i am wanting to export an excel chart or graph as a vector-based file so that i can input it into a desktop publishing programme like Adobe Indesign. Simply doing a copy and paste from excel to InDesign only copies a screen-resolution image, which is, of course, useless. Most other graphing programmes have the option of exporting graphs as vector files, so i am hoping that excel is the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheer...

Formula to calculate and add tax
I am creating a simple (I thought) pricing guide and I am running int the circular reference problem. Here's what I want to do. I want t enter a price in a cell and have the tax automatically calculated an the total price returned to the cell. I know I can create an entirel new set of cells just to contain the price and the tax rate then hav that result displayed in the desired cell. But, I wondered if it i possible to enter the price directly into the cell. For example: In A1 A2 A3 I want to be able to enter the price before tax an then have the tax calculated and the total displa...

Add something to "To:" message field
Hi is there any way how to add something to sender's name field? I need to add organisation name before the sender's name (to distinguish different organisations)? The only way I found so far is changing users name in Active Directory and this is (for me :-) not preferred way as I have to change all 500 mailboxes' names :-( Any hints? On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 07:49:10 -0800, Jiri Kopacek <JiriKopacek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi is there any way how to add something to sender's name field? I need to >add organisation name before the sender's name (to d...

Add Value to the Chart
I have a chart done from the table shown below. However, I want to put the value (date) in addition of the values (X) and (Y) axis. So far, I have been doing it manually. I wonder if there is any way to it automatically. Thanks in advance. Maperalia. Date "X" "Y" 6/21/2005 0 0 7/6/2005 147 0.008 7/18/2005 197 0.012 8/5/2005 255 0.016 8/18/2005 289 0.016 9/8/2005 337 0.006 9/19/2005 360 0.017 How would you like the date to appear? As a data label on each point? then use one of these handy data labeling add-ins: Rob Bovey's Chart ...

organization charts
I saved Organization charts as html option given by MS Visio, Now when I look at the org charts, some rectangles are colord blue and do nt show the names on the org charts. How can I fix it? Thanks ...

How do I add a search function?
Hi everyone, ('scuse my English please I'm still learning) I'm not to good at Excel and I'm working on our mock assignment at the moment what I wanted to know is that how can I search from all the informatio that I have stored. I've made a form and I'm going to add macro wic will make it store the information on a let's say sheet3 which i hidden, I also want to add a sheet called Search which will allow me t search for what I type in the field for example by name, or parce number.. etc.. Or do I have to use Lookup formula for that? I'm lost! don't know if ...

Calculate % complete automatically
Is there an option in 2007 where I can calculate % complete automatically. i.e. a task spans 01-Jan-2010 to 10-Jan-2010. On 05-jan-20010 can I get the % complete as 50% automatically, rather enter manually? Thanks Hello, Not fully automatically, no. However, you can use the Update Project command through Tools > Tracking to set the progress on multiple tasks. The update project command assumes that your progress precisely matches your plan -- not always a valid assumption. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://p...

Synchronising Message Headers
Question for helpful people: In Outlook, when I move, slecting and highlighting with my mouse, from one mail folder to another (for example, from 'Inbox' to 'Sent Mail'), I see the text synchronising Message Headers in the lowest bar of the window, and the programme takes several seconds to be ready. This is dramatically slower than moving around inside Outlook Express, so I wonder if this delay is normal. Anyone know? Kevo what type of email account do you use? It's normal for IMAP accounts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in...