Add a goal line to a column chart

I have several column charts which I need to add different goal lines.  Any
suggestions?  The goal has to be represented as a line and not as a column.

Thanks for your help!

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Brandy" <Brandy @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have several column charts which I need to add different goal lines.  Any
> suggestions?  The goal has to be represented as a line and not as a
> column.
>
> Thanks for your help!

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Problem with "Application.Goto Reference" code line
In my Workbook_Open() subroutine, I run the following line of code: Application.Goto Reference:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1"), scroll:=True This code works okay, but whenever I mark my "Sheet1" as hidden, the code no longer works. The error message that I get is Run-Time Error 1004 - Method 'Goto' of Object '_Application' Failed. Is there any way to use that line of code on a hidden sheet?? thanx The sheet needs to be visible for that code to work. "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote in message news:...

ClistCtrl > How to auto-adjust columns size ?
Hi all, I have a CListCtrl in report view, two columns, hidden headerCtrl. I populate it with some items (less than 10). I'd like to programmatically auto-adjust the columns width according to their content, exactly like pressing Ctrl+'+' on a ListCtrl. Any idea ? Thanks, Dansk "Dansk" <dansk@laouilest.com> wrote in message news:e1x4VF9wHHA.276@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have a CListCtrl in report view, two columns, hidden headerCtrl. > I populate it with some items (less than 10). > > I'd like to programmatically auto-adjus...

Custom entities and attributes Off Line
Hi, Just wanted to confirm that all customizations (like new attributes and entities) can also be taken off line with the lap top edition of the outlook client... Pl advice... regards Hi, Yes, you can access custom entities and attributes when you are offline on the Laptop client. Please remember to specify what data you want to sync in Local Data Groups in the Outlook client. HTH, Niths "S" wrote: > Hi, > > Just wanted to confirm that all customizations (like new attributes and > entities) can also be taken off line with the lap top edition of the outlook ...

Access ODBC problem: Excel cannot get float columns
I need some help I'm trying to get Access external data from an Excel workbook, using the MS Query feature. Everything is ok except when I try to fetch some tables that ODBC refuses to get data from. The error message tells that the MS Access ODBC driver doesn't allow some columns to be transmited because of its number of characters. The most strange thing is that I can see the data from MS Query correctly, but I caannot get it back from Excel. After some tries, I thing it occurs only with real typed columns. Can anybody help me? I use Windows XP Home + Office 2000 spanish versio...

Net Worth Report: Investment Account cash compenent as a separate line item
Is there a way to get MS Money to combine the cash account associated with an Investment account with the investment account. For investment accounts, 2 lines are unnecessarily reported in the Networth report such as below. I want only one amount reported. Account Name X $x Account Name X (cash) $Y Using Money 2004. Thx Probably not. Money really does think these are two accounts. You could always copy the report to Excel where you could make it say anything you want. "Bill Toupee" <billtupea@domain.com> wrote in message news:hmnXf.210000$H%4.1...

How can I add numbers but ignore the minus signs?
How can I add numbers but ignore the minus signs? In the following, the answer I'm after is 17 A1 -10 A2 5 A3 -2 =SUMPRODUCT(ABS(A1:A3)) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 04:19:52 GMT, Invalid <invalid@invalid.comINVALID> wrote: >How can I add numbers but ignore the minus signs? In the following, the >answer I'm after is 17 > >A1 -10 >A2 5 >A3 -2 > > Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in news:1o2f63pa84r8o6tdf65sa9ptpbv0nlt7u6@4ax.com: Thank you Gord. ----- > =SUMPRODUCT(ABS(A1:A3)) > > > Gord Dibben M...

How to add summary fields to Group Footer in Access Reports?
How do you add a Summary fields to Group Footers in Access? I have a Detail field I want to Sum in the Group Footer in my report. -- Pat Dools ...

Line weights
Once that I set the line weight in a column to bold or whaever I like, and I save, I notice that if I delete a row or copy to a row from another worksheet, the line wight that I have in my new worksheet dissapears and changes to something else. How can I save my line settings so it would stay put and would not change in the future? Thanks. ...

Money 2007 add/delete Category
Is there a way to maintain my categories by viewing a list so easily add/delete categories? The Category maintenance in 2007 sucks.. I need to run through every single category just to delete one. Deluxe or Essential? If Deluxe, use the Account List More pull out, Categories & :Payees|Categories should show you all the categories at once and allow you to Move, Modify or Delete them as required. The pulldown at the top lets you see just Categories or Categories and Subcategories. "Vital" <Vital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D4AAA91-6602-429E-915...

Sharing chart on two pages
Hello, I have a worksheet where I put some datas and then under this datas is a chart. Place taken by this data isn't static - once there is more datas and the other time there is more datas. I have problem with this chart, because sometimes chart is shared between two pages on printing. Is there a possibility to use something like property "keep together" in crystal reports where object is printed whole on one page (if there is no enough place it's started pritnting on next page)? Maybe somebody knows how to do it in macro if there is no appropriote property -- Bes...

Missing lines in chart w/x-axis with months 1-24...
First post from a "casual" Excel user (more familiar with SigmaPlot)... Client wants a line chart with x-axis linear (baeline to 36 months) but there are only data for 2 baseline conditions and certain months: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 M24 M36 The Y axis (# of pellets) is nothing special. I entered blank rows, corresponding to the missing months, into the datasheet, like so: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 (etc.) This "method" plots the data points okay, but there are 2 problems: (a) there are no lines connecting them, and (b) the x-axis labels are lousy I work...

Add Company Holidays To Calendars
Hello, I'm trying to find a simple way to automatically add all company holidays to everyone's calendar in my organization. We would prefer to stay away from sending meeting invites to everyone as this becomes overhead when people join the company and when they leave. I have investigated using the Outlook.HOL file and asking everyone to import the custom holidays that we add to that file, but that involves a lot of overhead as well. Is there a way to set this up within Exchange to automatically populate certain events on peoples calendars? Thank you. -- Jason Gay, MCSE, CCNA Tec...

stationary column on a spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet that i want to make the first column not move when i scroll to the right. And one teach a dummy. Select cell B1 Choose Window > Freeze Panes wc4ew wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that i want to make the first column not move when i > scroll to the right. And one teach a dummy. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

2 Axis Pivot Chart
Is it possible to create a 2 axis (a combination of line & bar) chart from a pivot table? Sure is, did you try? Right click a series that you want on the secondary axis, choose Format Series, and on the Axis tab (Excel 2003 and earlier) or the Series Options tab (2007) select the Secondary Axis option. To change the chart type, right click on the series, choose (Change) Chart Type, and select the type you want. Of course, the pivot chart is likely to lose this formatting when it is refreshed, Which even Microsoft admits is a problem. They suggest recording a macro next time you f...

Cannot add new account to Money 2006
Hi all, I've bought Money 2006 std at last week, and first I've tried to import my Money 2000 file. The Money 2006 said that the file is not importable. OK. I've tried to create new file, which was successfully created, but I cannot add any new account. I've always got the same error message: The operation cannot be performed. Details: Product: Money ID: obres:34 Source: 15.0 Version: 15.0 Symbolic name: errUnknown Message: This operation cannot be performed. Reason Usually caused by a corrupt file. User Operation Run the Money File Repair tool to fix th...

How do I link data to a chart from multiple worksheets?
I've created a graph that I want to show data from multiple sheets in the workbook. How do I do that? There are limits to how you can combine data from different sheets. This article describes them. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DF7D186-9426-4B54-A322-FE485FD20529@microsoft.com... > I've created a graph that I want to...

How do I chart the same data cell on a range of worksheets?
I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or consolidate onto another worksheet ? Keith - You need to create a consolidated data range: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Keith wrote: > I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or > consolidate onto another worksheet ? ...

command line option
In outlook 2000 we can use command line option like this; mailto:mbozkurt@teb.com.tr? cc=mbozkurt@teb.com.tr&subject=deneme&body=&file="c:\ \boot.ini" But in outlook 2003 same command gives such a message; "The command line argument is not valid.Verify the switch you are using." My goal is to mail message to someone including attachment. ...

count data in column
Hi, I am using excel97 and trying to create a chart that has 5 columns of data in it a,b,c,d,e. I an trying to make a chart only for certain data in column a and column d. The data that I key off of is in column d and begins with s/ how can I count the number of s/ in column d? how can I create a chart that shows both and only that data that begins with s/ and the data in column a? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ In cell F2 (I assume row 1 has headers) enter this formula: =LEFT(D2,2) and fill it down as far as you need. select any cell in the table, and apply an au...

How can you get Column graphs to be next to each other instead of spaced apart?
Thanks You are welcome. :-) -- David Biddulph <simonlavender@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1926b4aa-693f-41fa-a986-1aca28eb78b7@j1g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > Thanks Hi Simon, If you just want the columns closer together, select the series, > Format data series > options, and reduce the the Gap Width. Dave "simonlavender@gmail.com" wrote: > Thanks > ...

Replace the column letters with my own heading
I want to know how i can i replace the column letters so i can put in my heading so that i always know which coumn i'm in and which question i'm answering when i'm entering data further down the page. Or any way that i can get my headings to follow down the page as i'm entering data so i can always see it no matter how many rows down i am. If your headings are in row 1 Click in cell A2 and Goto Window>Freeze Panes. Freeze Panes freezes anything above and to the left of the active cell. HTH Martin "Catter77" <Catter77@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Is it possible to measure/display the column width with a cell function?
Wednesday afternoon Is it possible to measure/display the column width with a cell function? I need to adjust some columns for a report. But I cannot find a way to display the current width in units that I can then place in a VBA macro. Would be very good to have the macro read the values entered in a set of columns and change the width accordingly. (This is very easy in Quattro pro.) J Have a look at ShowWidth at: http://www.sulprobil.com/html/get_cell.html HTH, Bernd -- Use non-volatile INDEX(P11:IV65536,1+w,1+y):INDEX(P11:IV65536,w+y,x+z) instead of volatile OFFSET(P11,w,x,y,z)...

problem with mulit-column value list combo box
I am trying to read the values of 2 columns of the selected item in a multi-column combo box. cboField1 is the multi-column combo box cboField1.rowsource=3Dr1c1;r1c2;r2c1;r2c2;r3c1;r3c2..... cboField1 Row Source Type=3DValue List cboField1 Column Count=3D2 Me("cboField1").ItemData(2) gives me the value for column #1 in row #2 Me("cboField1").Column(1) gives me the value for column #2 in row #1 I can't find the syntax for getting the value for column #2 in row #2. Thanks for any help! THANKS! David G. On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:38:31 -0500, Dav...

Simultaneously Formatting Charts
In Excel 2002 is it possible to format more than one chart at a time or do they have to each be formatted individually? Is it possible to format one chart and apply the formatting to other existing charts? I have a series of charts that need the same formatting and I'm looking for a ay to only do it once and thus save a lot of time. Thanks! You can format one chart Select that chart, and copy it Select another chart, anc choose Edit>Paste Special Select Formats, click OK Select another chart, and press the F4 key, to repeat the previous action. Artsy wrote: > In Excel 2002 is...

Can I make a worksheet with more than 256 columns?
I need to multiply a large matrix, say 500 by 500, and I'd like to use the MMULT function. The kicker is that MMULT seems to be expecting a row of a matrix to be in a single row of the spreadsheet. My questions are two; 1) Can I create a worksheet with more than 256 columns? 2) If I'm limited to 256 columns, is there a work around? I'm not interested in using VBA because I want to apply SOLVER to this spreadsheet. Thanks, Jim Time to upgrade to Excel 2007! "Jim" <jvbeaupre@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:4ca6cf70-0a04-4198-9fae-aa2ea67ed889@d2g2000pra.googl...