add a data label

How do i add a data label for my y-axis on a line graph created in word?
0
dragonfly (3)

I presume the Word chart has been created with MS Chart?  If so Double-click
to activate the edit mode for the chart, then choose Chart, Chart Options,
Data Labels..

If the chart is an Excel Object then you use the same steps.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"dragonfly" wrote:

> How do i add a data label for my y-axis on a line graph created in word?

data labels from second column
Hi Column A is list of names (Bob, Sue, etc); column B is how much they collected (58, 12, etc); Column C is the date they did it on - so record 1 says Bob collected 58 on 10/07/07, for instance. I want to create a chart with the date for the x axis, amount collected as the y axis and data labels at each point within the graph giving the collector's name. So at X=12/07/07, y=58 I want it to say Bob within the chart area. Any help much appreciated. Regards Chandler On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Chandler <Chandler@discussions.microsoft.com> said: &...

A Free Business Directory with Trading Platform. Add your Company
A Free Business Directory with Trading Platform. Add your Company Complete Profile, Add your Product/Service with keywords. Visit http://addhand.com , Register and trade with world for FREE. Regards John Moore This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AC_01CAD1D0.78CC2D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Please don't advertise in these newsgroups. Mike Glen Project MVP "Web" <web2market@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:a0450e49-8006-4bf6-b2d2-81b16b0...

data points #3
I have a scatter chart with the following info : sales price, square footage, and subdivision. With the x and y axis being sales price and square footage. There are some entries where i will have several sales in one subdivision and i would like all those points to show up in the same color. How do i get several points to show up in the same color instead of excel assigning each entry a new label? Include all the related points in the same data series, rather than as a different data series for each point. -- David Biddulph "affordablegreen" <affordablegreen@discussion...

Money 05 cuts off data
B of A (Washington) using Yodlee & msn to sync data. The problem I'm experiencing is that the Payee field is being cut off. I've used /using the Payee Rules Manager, which has been working to a certain extent. My question is... What is the size limit for the payee field? A typical transaction from bofa(WA) looks like "PURCHASE 5xx29xxx658xxxxx3 ON 12/30 AT CASTLE ICE RENTON WA" When synced as configured above all i get is a very small portion, maybe part of the actual name. Second question is when trying to do a manual export from bofa (Wa) website I have the opt...

Moving data between Excel sheets
"I have an excel spreadsheet that has 2 sheets, one has a list of open issues" and one a list of "closed issues". One of the fields on the "open issues" sheet has a "closed date" field. Whenever a date is typed into this field, I would like for it to be moved to the "closed issues" sheet, to avoid duplicate, manual entries being done. Can anyone help me with the best way to achieve this? Can this be achieved by using Macro's. Any help with this, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Suggest you send this to the programming newsgroup...

find data in multiple open workbooks
Im looking to find data in multiple workbooks that are all opened at once. Is there a way of doing this? ...

Looking up data from Access
I would like to extract data from MS Access into Excel '97 to populate single cell, preferably imitating the 'vlookup' function, i.e. give the value of an Excel cell, the related field name in the externa database query, and the field with the value to return, it wil populate the current cell with this value. Not sure how clear that is. Let me know if it isn't, and thanks fo any help you can give -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I've found a solution using the SQL.Request workbook function, whic does what I need. However, I need to populate many cells...

Saving data in Access table with VB ?
I have a form with a button and if you click the button, a list of invoices are generated and saved in the table 'Invoice'. Problem is, the data isnt saved :( Here's my code: Private Sub Knop0_Click() Dim Invoicenr As Long Dim Invoicedate As Date stdocname = "Invoice" DoCmd.OpenTable stdocname, acViewNormal, acAd Invoicenr = 111111 Invoicedate = Now DoCmd.Save acTable, stdocname End Sub What am I doing wrong ? Answered in microsoft.public.access "Bauhaus" <niemandhier@pandora.be> wrote in message news:7Exii.2418$yf6.1885@biebel.telenet-ops.be...

Formula to reference another worksheet, locate data, then record i
Hi All, It has been over 10 years since I did my Excel studies and I've unfortunately forgotten everything I haven't used regularly. My office has recently upgraded to Office 2007 (upgrade not being the descriptor I'd have chosen!) and I'm struggling with Excel. I've found my way around most issues, but I'm REALLY stuck now and suffering Friday-itis on top of it all! Essentially I have a multi-sheet workbook for my debtors ledger. Each page has separate columns for the customer numbers, names, total debts in each age range (7 days, 14 days etc), totals and lastl...

merge and center data
I wanted my data value to be arranged in a way where it is in middle alignment and are merged together as one whole column; without the lines in between. So I use the merge and center icon. But it says merging into one cell will keep the upper-left most data only. How to merge and center the data and yet retaining all the data value at the same time? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =A2&B2 replace A and B with the columns you want to merge, copy d...

Is it possible to add my own header to an email in Office Outlook or Outlook Express?
Hi all, I mean something like followings: X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com or X-MyHeader: 123456 I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to this by an email application. Thanks in Advance Afshar Mohebbi > I mean something like followings: > X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com > or > X-MyHeader: 123456 > I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to > this by an email application. For Outlook, you'd need to do it via code. I'd start at http://www.outlookcode.com. For OE, you'll wan...

Is it possible to find multiple data?
We have a small lotterysyndicate in work which is all logged onto an excel spreadsheet. Is it possible to search all numbers and all occurances at once, rather than individually? Ie - we have 15 lines of 6 numbers each - can i search for all 6 numbers drawn, across all 15 lines in one go? Im sure this must be possible - just dont know how. Thanks -- stewwie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ stewwie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37128 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid...

Pivot Table and adding a % column, that is not in original data
Hi, Is it possible to add a column for % calculations when the % column is not in original data? To clarify, my original data is as follows: Produt Sales Returns Date A 5 June B 6 June A 1 July A 1 September B 1 November When I run the pivot table, one of the columns I'm then looking to get is a total % of returns over sales , but I cant see how to include in a Pivot table. I can add it outside of the table, but that has problems ...

Truncated "y" axis label in chart
:confused: Hi guys I have a problem with Excel, the label on the �Y� axis appears truncated even though I have resized the chart. Then, I looked the file in another computer with the same version of excel than mine as well as in another with a different version and in both look fine. Thus, I erased and re-installed excel in my computer to no avail. I have also re-sized the chart and used it both as object embedded and in separate sheet, it doesn't fix the problem. Any suggestions to fix this problem? -- flakkortin -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Automatically update Value for data label
Hello I am using Excel 2003 SP2, and have some graphs which have the value (data label) for the last month. Each month new data is entered and the data label has to be deleted for the previous month and the data label for the most recent month added (it still uses the same old data - new data is only entered for the most recent month). Is there any way where the data label can automatically update with the most recent months value (as the chart updates itself automatically currently). Any ideas appreciated. Thank you in advance. Regards, Nav ...

How do I assign labels to scatter charts
Hi. I'm making an x-y scatter chart but can't assign labels to the individual points. How do I do this? Many thanks in advance for your help. Tom Hi, Here is an explanation of how to link a chart text element to a cell. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm But if you have more than a couple of data labels to do you really need to use code. This free addin will do it for you. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy ThomasStudd wrote: > Hi. > > I'm making an x-y scatter chart but can't assign labels to the individual > points. H...

Excel could not save all the data and formatting you recently added
Hi, One of our users sent me an Excel file of 6 MiB. It has 7 worksheets. Most of them have <100 rows and AH columns, one sheet has 13160 rows and AH columns. The large sheet has autofilter enabled, but no actual filtering is done. (yet) 4 columns have validation: they allow a list of values specified in a range somewhere else in the sheet. There is also conditional formatting. It takes >30 seconds to calculate the sheet, however there are no real calculations, just a few concatenated string. My first impression is that this is yet another example of Excel (ab)used as a database. The p...

BYTE Data type and UNICODE
I am converting MFC application to UNICODE. Please inform if BYTE data type is UNICODE enabled. If not how can I convert it to UNICODE. Thanks for your reply Regards Alpha BYTE is typedef'd as unsigned char, so is independent of UNICODE. If you have used that type correctly (i.e. as an 8-bit unsigned integer, rather than as a character), you should not have to convert it. Keith MacDonald "Alpha Siera" <AlphaSiera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C837E1E-AB84-4245-85EC-FD206491306E@microsoft.com... > I am converting MFC application to UNICODE. Pleas...

Outlook 2010 RTM x64 & Conferencing Add-in
I've uninstalled Office 2010 RC and installed Office 2010 RTM. After installation, I went to reinstall the Conferencing Add-in and I keep getting this message as an error, "you need 64bit outlook 2010 to use this setup." I'm running Outlook 64bit 2010 and the conferencing add-in was already installed prior to the upgrade. I have tried to uninstall everything, however even with Office 2010 RTM uninstalled, I get the same error when uninstalling the Add-in. How can I get rid of this message and uninstall this application? I think you have the bits wrong.....

Transfer data manually onto other database
Hello, I am needing to transfer data onto a Mysql database. I have had some advice and am trying to find a software solution. So main features are to be able to migrate large amounts of contacts and data every day. The migration should be done manually. Thanks a lot! Look here: http://www.kitebird.com/articles/access-migrate.html#TOC_6 and here: http://www.bullzip.com/products/a2m/info.php Regards Kevin "Guertas" <Guertas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDFFC964-C78A-446E-A7AA-5F4E632FF20A@microsoft.com... > Hello, > >...

how to retrieve data from password protected web pages?
how can I retrieve data from password protected web pages in excel? ...

Data Validation #17
Hello Forum, up to now, I am working for a very long time on solving followin problem: I would like to insert in one cell a whole number between let's sa 1-596. There is a list with all numbers, which are already in the exce sheet, and should not be allowed to enter to the cell...it should b profed, if the number i want to enter from 1 to 596 is allready in use if so, there should come up a alert message. Is this possibe, probabl with a vlookup in data validation? What should i precice do? Thank you very much in advance, greetz Mteepe -- mteepe ---------------------------------------...

Looking for Outlook add on program
HI all I recently had a hard drive fail and lost a program but i am sure somebody will point me in the right direction. It was an add on for outlook that was as far as I am aware freeware and was called something like AOPEN It sat it's self in the options panel of Outlook and allowed you to chose what files/attachments could or could not be downloaded. Do any of you have an idea what it was called or as to where i can download it again ???? Many thx Steve This was to open attachments blocked by security? Was it called Attachment Options maybe? See http://www.slipstick.com/o...

Problems with add new field
Hi I want add new field to the opportunityproduct object but I get the follow Error in the Eventlog. dmLog: Failed to grant access to the regenerated view OpportunityProduct after inserting new attribute 'attributename' Source: DMSAPIN I'm login as local administrator with crmroll 'systemadmin'. Note, in other object's I can add new fields. Why I get these Error and how can I solve it? thanks Harald ...

How Do I put Excel data into Publisher?
Hi, I am trying to produce a booklet in Publisher, when I transfer/copy the data from Excel it is too wide for the page, so I rotate the object to be portrait. This looks fine on screen, but when printed it come out the original way, i.e. landscape. I have tried to put it in as .pdf but the same happens. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this. Regards Cheryl I have no problem here, Cheryl - just copied data from XL, pasted into Pub, rotated & printed. Are you doing anything differently... Some kind of Paste Special or different print settings? Make sure there is nothing in ...