accessing outlook data using excel macro

Hey all,
I'm very new with all of this, however, my problem is this:
I have a bunch of data in excel which I then want to compare to certain
"task" fields in outlook (ie. the "Due Date" column in Tasks for example),
then update those outlook fields with new data.  I was able to do it in an
Outlook macro, but not in the Excel macro.  I get a "User defined type not
defined" error when trying to define a namespace variable as
"Outlook.Namespace"
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

0
jaundice (1)

Excel worksheet moved all data from multipl cells into one
I recently saved a list from another software program into excel. The original format was csv or txt, i can remember. when i resaved the worksheet i saved it into excel format and no formatting changed. when i reopened the file all the data that was in my rows which has 12 columns of data in individual cells all are now packed into the first colum. i don't know what happened and how to seperate the data into individual cells again. Step 1 is make a backup copy of your file so you don't lose data while figuring out the best way to do this. You may be able to use (on the...

Summarize data with multiple conditions
I have a dataset with basically 3 columns of data of interest. 2 columns contain conditions (location and month), and the 3rd column contains a numerical value (hrs). The worksheet has a header row, and the data starts right below (no blanks). I want to build an equation to sum the hrs for a specific month and place. The equation below works as long as I know how many rows of data I have: =SUM(IF((B5:B25="Northwind")*(C5:C25="Western"),F5:F25)) Unfortunately, Data will be added on a daily basis, so I don't know how many rows are in the range. If I just selec...

Problem with Outlook 2002...
I have been using Outlook 2002 as part of Office XP for some time now. Suddenly, I start getting the following error: Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.ca - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I am using Yahoo as a POP3 and SMTP gateway. Please note that this configuration has been working for almost a year and a half! I can ping Yahoo's servers no problem. I did some Googli...

Transfer Outlook e-mail structure To Another Computer
I am currently using Outlook Express and I would like to transfer all of my e-mail folders, etc from Outlook Express to another computer Using Outlook. The Outlook Express is on a computer that is using XP Pro sp3 OS and I would like to transfer it to another computer using Win 7 Pro OS but using Office 2003 and Outlook that comes with it. Can someone tell me which filenames (full pathname) to copy so I can configure the new computer so the Outlook will have all of the information I have now (including all folders, like send folders, directory address, etc). Thank You, Ga...

Outlook 2002 " Relaying denied. Proper authentication required."
Ok I have just recently switched aver to a new domain for a web site. I went through the configuration stuff in outlook under the accounts and it connects to all the servers and sends the test message just fine. If i try to send anything to anybody but me it says undeliverable. This includes emails on the same domain. I get the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: [classified] Sent: 7/14/2004 11:44 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: '[email name @ aol]' on 7/14/2004 11:44 PM ...

Change between sheets with macro
Here is my problem, i have a worksheet, and that worksheet has a macr connected to a button pointing to another sheet labled "helpfile" what i want to happen is when someone is on the helpfile sheet they ca press a button named "return to last sheet" or something, when the press it it takes them to the sheet they selected the helpfile from for example the user path would be like this user is on sheet, january 2004 Hit button labled "helpfile" they are now on the sheet labled "helpfile" They now click "last selected sheet" user is on shee...

Unhide Worksheets (hidden via macros)
How do you unhide worksheets that were hidden via macros (or at least this is what I am assuming happened). The option to unhide them via format menus does not work. Mark, It's probably very hidden. Yes, there is such a thing -- very hidden. Switch to the VBE (Alt-F11). In the Project Explorer at left, locate the workbook (use View - Project Explorer if you don't see the Project Explorer). Locate the indented sheet that seems to be very hidden, and select it. Open the properties window (View - Properties Window). Change the Visible property to 1 - xlSheetVisible. -- ...

Access Pivot Table and Pivot Chart
I have a pivot table that has calculated fields (by Row and or Column) and every time I try to view as a pivot chart it reverts back to the count not the calculated field. Can this be done and if so how. Thanks for your help. (this is in access 2003) Thanks MKK ...

Access 2003: Loop Through Records
Hello, I need some assistance with the following code. Private Sub GradeAttempting() If Nz(Forms.Members.Ready, True) = True And Nz(Forms.Members.Active, True) = True Then With Forms.Members.GradeAttempting .SetFocus .ListIndex = .ListIndex + 1 End With End If End Sub This updates a combobox, "GradeAttempting" on a main form, "Members". This works but only for the Member page that I have the form open to. To update the rest of the records I have to manually navigate through all members pages and run the code for each page. ...

moving excel sheets
How did i move a row from one excel sheet to another, when it hits a certian date. So for example if one sheet two i had a colum that once it hit the date in one of the cells in that colum it would jump to sheet one. -- Joanna Sprague ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Joanna Sprague's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25742 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391534 You can do this sort of thing with a worksheet_change event macro. Does the whole column move or just the cell o...

getting data from table using 2 values
from a standard spreadsheet, using a function(?) how can I return a value from a table using values for the headers and columns. For example, the table has ages across the top and events done the side. Simply I need to "lookup" both ages and events to return a value from the cross section of these values. Any assistance welcome!! Many thanks If the range is A1:G100, for example, and age is in H1 and event in H2: =INDEX(A1:G100,MATCH(H2,A1:A100,0),MATCH(H1,A1:G1,0)) HTH Bob Umlas Excel MVP "MS_user" <MSuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60189...

Outlook 2003 and PDA hold getting messages
I am running XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with latest SP's and have a ongoing problem I can not solve. My Dell Axim is connected, and Active Sync is set to stay up to date automatically, this part works. Outlook is set to access my POP account every 3 minutes. I am a SOHO so I need my mail. Well Outlook will not go get the message every 3 min UNLESS I remove the Dell from its docking station. It will check messages if I F9 outlook, or manually click the send/receive radio button.. I have tried different times and nothing seems to work.. Is there some setting somewhere I am missing? TIA ...

Data disappear from columns in views
Hi there! We have recently noticed that some data in columns of views of activities, or associated views in contracts, have been disappeared from the grids. The data exist in the SQL server, but the relevant columns in the views are empty... IISRESET does not seem to work and we have not been "experimenting" with unsupported procedures. Any ideas why this is happening? Thank you, Elena ...

How do I select records using a combo box (rather than the navigat
I have a simple table that stores addresses of people. It looks like this: ID Name Phone Number 1 Suzy 978-4658 2 Tom 876-1234 I want to use a form that allows a user to update the addresses of people. When I create a form using the wizard, I move between records using the navigator buttons. But I want to move between records using a combo box that lists all the names in the table. Why? Because if I had 100 names in the table I don't want the user to click through the navigator to find their record. I want them to ...

Excel
Dont no if this will help - but here's goes. I am doing an assignment at uni, which involves building a model o excel and then doing a report. What I am having difficulty with is that you have to convert currenc into dollars - which is the only problem I having. You had to import database with all the data on which I have done and then import conversion table from the msn website - which I have also done. What dont understand is that the book which we are using has the assignmen more or less in but isnt good on the idea I need. Its says you creat an IF statement to convert the curren...

Excel Formula help Referencing etc.
Hi Excel Formula Guru's. Here's a complicated one I'm thinking about. I haven't started it yet, more in the planning stages, although I'd like to get it done. I'm pretty self sufficient when it comes to excel, however this time I'm getting in over my head I think. Scenario: sheet 1 - basically a worksheet of formula, references and Data Sheet 2-4,5,6(not sure how many pages yet). basic Grid 12 columns 14 rows. Basically this is going to be used to track fantasy football draft boards and player rankings. Roughly, here's what I'm looking to do, over the ...

Outlook send/receive
Cannot send/receive, create new message, reply or forward messages in Outlook 2007. Cannot access email set-up under Tools/Option/Email options. I have done a repair of Office 2007 but it did not help. "Vision2k" <Vision2k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0DB6012-32A4-4312-83EB-E0B9CCEF0BBC@microsoft.com... > Cannot send/receive, create new message, reply or forward messages in > Outlook > 2007. Cannot access email set-up under Tools/Option/Email options. > > I have done a repair of Office 2007 but it did not help. This disc...

Anyone using CRM addons to model relationships?
Wonder if anyone has used tools like C360's relationship chart addon? Any others i should know of or any comments on the c360 one? thanks -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx We have used Axonom's Powertrak product that provides similar functionality, and very satisfied customers as a result. I cannot comment on the c360 product, we have not used it The products may not ne directly comparable, as I suspect Powertrak product does more than c360, hence more expensive Peter Lynch Optevia Ltd "John...

Symantec DLL and Outlook
After installing the new Symantec Anti-Virus Client 9.0 and rebooting, I now get the following meesage when first trying on open an email: The add-in "D:\Program Files\Symantec\vpmsece.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help Menu. Unable to load "D:\Program Files\Symantec\vpmsece.dll". You may be out of memory, out of system resources or missing a .dll file. I have ran the repair with not luck. I have plenty of resources. Any idea why this is happening and how I can correct it? You need to renam...

Outlook Set Regarding Feature
When using Outlook to email contacts, we would like to record that communication against each account or Contact in CRM. We use the Track in CRM button and then select the 'Set Regarding' feature, however this 'Set Regarding' feature only allows us to assoicate the email to a single account or contact. Is it possible to select multiple accounts or contacts, or does this kind of email need to be generated via CRM and not Outlook. Many thanks Steve Hi, You can set regarding to multiple entities in CRM 4. Regards, Donna "Steve Le Monnier" wrote: > When...

excel invoise problem
Hi I am quite new to excel, and would like to use the invoice and the figures that are input, to go to a spreadsheet but I seem to be able to do it. Is it possible or am I on the wrong track and use a different program. Thanks in advance Sue Sue It's quite 'do-able' but depends on how complex you want to make it. It will almost certainly require some code but this could be simply recorded if necessary. You may wish to think about Access, which may be a better, more scaleable solution, but also needs a certain knowledge of that application to implement to. Post back ...

AutoSafe and macro recording
Hi! When I was recording a macro recently, AutoSafe kicked in. It, too, wa saved in the macro! It's not difficult to edit it out, but I wondered if there is a way o avoiding it (other than the obvious one of switching AutoSafe off fo the duration of recording). Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Access to Excel
how do I only allow access to one user at a time in Excel Cap wrote: > how do I only allow access to one user at a time in Excel A bit more detail would be helpful - is this on a stand-alone machine, or on a network, and are you wanting to restrict access to the program or a workbook, or any combination of that? ...

Outlook 2007 fault
Outlook 07 has dramatically slowed down and freezing my computer even after archiving old emails. Cant work without running about 500k mailbox. Does anyone have any solutions? Seems a bitstrange that a new programme should seem so inefficient!! thanks, Sam Sam, you wrote on Wed, 4 Jul 2007 05:08:15 -0700: > Outlook 07 has dramatically slowed down and freezing my computer even after > archiving old emails. Cant work without running about 500k mailbox. Does > anyone have any solutions? Seems a bitstrange that a new programme should > seem so inefficient!! http:/...

How can I copy Word data into a merged cell in Excel?
I am trying to copy some text from a Word document into an Excel spreadsheet. I get an error message about "data not same shape" then I get an error message "cannot copy data into merged cell." I'm on Office 2002. Unmerge the cell and paste it into the upper leftmost of the cells that were merged, then merge again although I would strongly advice NOT using merged cells, sooner or later (sooner) they are bound to cause problems, it is pretty easy to get similar layout with center across selection etc Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Suzan Wild" wrote: > I ...