3D Surface Graphs wiht incomplete data

How can I create a 3D surface chart where there is not a complete array of x
and y values.  The x  and y values I have define a surface who's perimeter
is not rectangular.  Outside the area that they define, Excel seems to put
Z=0, I don't want any surface plotted in these outside regions.  Uniplot
does this easily, I just hate using Uniplot.

Thanks

James McIntosh

0
greymare (1)

James -

I've seen interpolation routines that will propose a value given values
in all four directions around a blank cell.  Maybe a search of the
archives (http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search) for the
programming or worksheet.functions groups will turn up something.  At
least you could put a dummy value in the blank, instead of the spike you
get down to zero.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

James McIntosh wrote:
> How can I create a 3D surface chart where there is not a complete array of x
> and y values.  The x  and y values I have define a surface who's perimeter
> is not rectangular.  Outside the area that they define, Excel seems to put
> Z=0, I don't want any surface plotted in these outside regions.  Uniplot
> does this easily, I just hate using Uniplot.
>

> Thanks
>
> James McIntosh

0
jonpeltier (303)

Synchronize HQ data from SO
I curretly have 2 stores that usually receive inventory update from HQ. However during the last few weeks I had to data entry from each RMS clients (SO). Now I want to update inventory data at HQ using worksheet. But it seems not possible, although sales data show correctly. Is there any way ? -- Many Thanks In an HQ environment all new items must be entered from HQ and sent to stores. Did you create new items at store level ? You may want to create those items in HQ and send to store. Mihir Shah Diviasoft, Inc. www.diviasoft.com "cosamo" <cosamo@discussions.microsoft.c...

Entering Data to make a list?
Is there a way that when I enter something into A1 &B1 it will fill down on a List? Like if I type apples in A1 & $12 in B1 on a certain sheet it will copy Apples and $12 , then if I type Pears & $5 it will copy to the next blank cell and so on -- Thanks in advance for your help....Bob Vance .. .. .. .. Bob I'm assuming you have this list on another sheet. This little macro will do the following: When you enter something in B1 of the first sheet, it will copy A1:B1 to the bottom of the list in Columns A & B of the second sheet. It will then clear (erase) the conte...

how to avoid closing dialog if data validation fails
I would like to validate data entered in a dialog when the OK button is clicked. If there are problems with the data I would like to avoid closing the dialog and keep it open. Can anyone suggest how this is done? Thanks for any suggestions. Ian If you dont want to close your dialog in OnOk, do not call the base class OnOK. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ian" <ib252@n0spam.com> wrote in message news:F1nnb.26812$He4.1099447@wagner.videotron.net... | I would like to validate data entered in a dialog when the OK button is | clicked. If there are problem...

Turning an equation into a graph
For a school assignment I have to turn a number of equations into a graph. for example y=-56 over 2197 (X+38.5)to the third -7 when X = -45. HELP!!! Steffi - Here's the easy way. In column A (starting in A2) type a series of typical X values from within the range of interest. In B2 type the formula, referring to A2 as the variable X, and fill this down alongside all of your X values. I can't parse your formula, but here's an example. Suppose you want Y = 12 + 13 X - 0.003* X^2 In B2 enter this formula: =12+13*A2-0.003*A2^2 You can fill this down by selecting B2, and doub...

Push data to safe senders list to Outlook possible?
Is it possible to push a safe domain list to everyone's Outlook Junk Email safe senders list from Exchange (or any other method)? We are on Exchange 2003, all clients are Outlook 2003. Thanks. On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:10:29 -0800, "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to push a safe domain list to everyone's Outlook Junk Email >safe senders list from Exchange (or any other method)? We are on Exchange >2003, all clients are Outlook 2003. >Thanks. Outlook11.adm in a GPO will allow you to set the default directory clients use...

Data Lables, series and Scatterplots
Is there any way to get excel scatterplots to recognize a third column (or row) as a series for a scatterplot? FOr example I have data as: Sequence Long Lat 1 49.12 28.05 2 49.17 28.34 3 49.5 28.48 4 49.17 28.36 I would like to plot Long(itude) as X axis and Lat(itude) as Y on scatterplot (which I can do). But I would also like to identify the sequence number fopr each point. I thought I could do that by getting the Sequence numbers to represent a series, but can't sseem to get that in a scatterplot. Is there any other chart...

Sorting column data
How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appear in alphabetical order? Alan I recommend Excel help. Search for: Sort a range. -- Steve "alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message news:3S9sk.133571$Mn3.46670@newsfe30.ams2... > How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appear in > alphabetical order? > > Alan > > "alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message news:3S9sk.133571$Mn3.46670@newsfe30.ams2... > How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appe...

Using SUMIF to add data between a range of dates
Hi, I am developing a cashflow spreadsheet, and need to add a range of values (in column B) based on the criteria that they are relating to a set week, ie in column B has the amount to be paid, and column C has the date the amount is due. I need to find out the total amount due between 2 dates. Does anyone know how I can do this? Hi With start date in B20 and end date in B21 try this: =SUMIF(C2:C5,">=" &B20,B2:B5)-SUMIF(C2:C5,"<="&B21,B2:B5) Regards, Per "Jaspa" <Jaspa@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news...

Refreshing query data via vba button
I have a wookbook which has 5 worksheets that contains sql query's that are bulling data from an access 2003 db, instead of me right clicking on each worksheet to refresh the data, is there any vba code that i can import that will enable the user to refresh the worksheet via a single button, been racking my brain, could someone help me please.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- RzaXL ThisWorkbook.RefreshAll MIke F "rzaxl" <rzaxl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A2F6E4B-5A45-4AA2-8F4E-CEA3AFE0C1F5@microsoft.com... >I have a wookbook which...

Excel 2007: Return rownumber when text data on 3 columns match exa
Using: Excel 2007 I want to document Windows Group Policy settings side by side on a single sheet. To accomplish this task I want to return the row number of the current sheet where the data of the row that has an exact match. The data I want to lookup is in three colums. Example: Column B | Column C | Column D ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Policy | Control Panel | Load a specific visual style Policy | Desktop | Do not add shares Policy | Desktop | Hide Network Location...

Lookup data in the list
Hi All, I have a list as shown bellow, I want to pick up the date correcponding to the value on cell A1 and the value in B2 or B3. So it is some thing like this =Vlookup(a2,a:b[b2+1] or[b+2] {this is just a vierd example} ColumnA ColumnB ID Name 1 12082A IN-tuition 2 Ms. Gayle 3 Gayle Theresa 4 Sofiane 5 12082B tuition 6 Ms. Gayle 7 12298A Language Institute 8 Senouci Bereksi 9 AOUL 10 Bereksi Kindly Help ASAP, As I am Stuck in my assignment. Hi, Manish. The better way, of course, is to have the ID in col A, the company name in B, the individual name in C a...

Combination Graph with current year and prior year sales
I'm trying to create a graph showing sales results for 5 organizations over 3 individual quarters, for current and prior year. My plan was to show current year as a bar chart with the 5 organizations each having their own bar for each quarter (therefore there will be 15 bars). I then want to show the prior year data as a line chart, again 5 lines and 15 data points. I've tried several options and my issue is that the data points (labels) for the line charts are in line, in the middle of each quarter, and I would like the data labels to begin and terminate within the correspond...

Big trouble matching with data on excel!
Hi, I'm required to present some info at my work, using two excel files. This is the task: File 1, has ID numbers in column A, and column B is blank. File 2, has ID numbers in column C and column D has the date the person joined the company File 1 es a select grop of people (about 2500), whereas File 2 is the general database (about 30thou) They're asking me to match the data, in order to end up with the coresponding date they joined the company in column B on File 1 (obtained from column D on file 2), how to do it? taking in account that File 1 is outdated and ...

I have a graph paper on my page when I open microsoft word
I cannot find the 'draw' command on the non existant tool bar on microsoft word 2007 hence I cannot find the 'grid' to turn off to get these lines off my page. Help! View Tab>Show/Hide Group>Gridlines. maritime.chic wrote: > I cannot find the 'draw' command on the non existant tool bar on > microsoft word 2007 hence I cannot find the 'grid' to turn off to get > these lines off my page. Help! It's on the ribbon, but on a tab that's available only when a shape is selected. Go to the Insert tab and insert anything fro...

How to let field sales people use our data base (without ASP/Scripting) ??
We have a data base we want our field sales people people to use daily. We have all our queries and forms and reports done in Access. We do not want to have to re-do it all in ASP or some other Scripting Language. We think we need something like Citrix and Terminal Server... but they are expensive... right? What are the alternatives available to very small businesses? Thanks for any help. Mel "Mel" <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1180126800.016508.53210@q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > We have a data base we want our field sales people people to use ...

clearing data
hi guys, i'm new to MBS great plains... i needed help in clearing all the data in the financial, sales and purchasing module (includes all transactions, vendors, customers and etc....) in great plains without deleting the set-up (includes chart of accounts and all) for the 3 modules. i would really appreciate it if you guys can give me the procudures on how to do it... -- iandale You could use File >> Maintenance >> Clear Data. Clear data from things that say "transaction" and "history". Keep away from things that say "setup" or "o...

Exporting Extender Data
Does anyone know which table holds the extender data? I tried searching customersource for some sort of extender table structure, but I couldn't find anything. I want to be able to export this data using crystal reports, but I just need to know how to connect to it. Try Techknowledge #899573 "ConnollyandCo" wrote: > Does anyone know which table holds the extender data? I tried searching > customersource for some sort of extender table structure, but I couldn't find > anything. I want to be able to export this data using crystal reports, but I > just n...

How to Extract Data from a CSV file???
I need help on how to write a VB command that will allow me to extract data from a specified column in a CSV file. I have written a command in VB to extract all data from the CSV file and paste it on an excel worksheet. This method is working fine but because the file is too big, it takes a long time for me to extract everything. I only need the data from one column so if anyone out there can help me with this, I would be extremely grateful... Cheers ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly fro...

Link variable data from one worksheet to another worksheet?
I am trying to link variable data from one worksheet (my source worksheet) to several other worksheets. For example, my source worksheet has two variables or columns: 'Team' and 'Bye Week'. The first entry under the 'team' column reads 'NE'. Let's say for this example that the first entry under the 'Bye Week' column is the number '10'. Given this, I want every entry under the 'Team' column in other worksheets that read 'NE', to read the number '10' under the 'Bye Week' column. Let's also say tha...

How do I resize a data label box in a pie chart to stop text wrapp
How do I resize a data label box in a pie chart to stop text wrapping? Excel decides how large to make these pseudo text boxes, based on the chart size, the amount of text, and the font properties. Aside from changing these, you have no control over the label sizes. You could replace the labels with textboxes, but these don't stay attached to a data point. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Eton Careers" <Eton Careers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B18C20DE-FD79...

Macro to shift all source data in a chart by one row or column?
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet which contains at least twenty years of data and twenty or thirty charts. Each year we update all of the charts to move the forecast period to the current year and the next five years. Because there is data well beyond the five year period, a dynamic range for the chart data would not work. Can anyone suggest if it is possible to write a macro which I can run on each chart to shift the source data for each series in the chart by one column or row to the right? Any suggestions would be gratefully received! Thanks in advance, Shan try this defined ...

Am confused about a simple data layout- need help asap!
This is really silly, because I am good at charts, but for some reason, I cannot formulate in my head the proper layout of this chart. Here is what I have/need: THESE ARE MY DATA HEADERS: A B C D E F PERSON JOB 1 JOB 2 JOB 3 TOTAL ARBITRARY 1-3 NUMBER THE DATA LOOKS LIKE THIS: A B C D E F NAME1 3 2 8 ...

how do i make pictorial graphs in excel
Hi, See Jon's page on custom formatting. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomSeriesFormatting.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mupfeki" <mupfeki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0EA6EF9-A3B1-4790-B6AA-9CFE16ABA3D6@microsoft.com... > ...

Inserting data into denormalized table
Hi, I need to insert data from a normalized table into a denormalized one and wondered if there's a way to do it in the SELECT statement instead of using a cursor (the way I'd normally do it)? Table1 structured as: STUDENTID int GUARDIANID int FIRSTNAME varchar(20) LASTNAME varchar(40) RELATION varchar (30) This table currently holds multiple rows for each student id where each row is a unique person that is a guardian of that student. I need to move that data into the following structure: STUDENTID int GUARDIAN1NAME varchar(50) GUARDIAN1RELATION varchar(...

item # format changes to Date when data is retrieved in SSMS
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CA945B.2EF4A440 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable GP 10 SP3 , SQL 2005 SP2 Our Item Number format in GP-Inventory is 00-00-0000. When I run smart = list and export the data to Excel, works fine. But I run a query in SSMS: about 253 items out of 14,000 get listed as = date format; means 01/11/2010 Any idea why is this happening ? ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CA945B.2EF4A440 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Con...