3D or surface chart #2

Thanks for your response, but an XY scatter plot is not what I'm lookin
for.  The final plot, maybe not possible in Excel, should resembl
something that looks like two megaphones that are attached at th
mouthpiece.  The mouthpiece is the focal point and the entrance an
exit points would be where the sound would emanate.  That's the bes
way I can explain it

--
scantor14
scantor145's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1476

Hi,

If I understand the problem maybe you could use a stacked area chart.
The following would be your input data.

	B1:=Pad		C1:=Light
A2:=0	B2:=0.3		C2:=0.07
A3:=13	B3:=0.62	C3:=0
A4:=16	B4:=0.31	C4:=0.12

The values in A are your x values. Inorder to get them plotted as values
instead of categories you will need to convert the axis to a date axis,
which is why the x values have been shifted.

The values in column B are you beam dimensions and column C contains the
difference between height and width. I also assumed you had mixed the
entrance and focal point values.

To finish of the chart set the pattern and border of the Pad data series
to none.

Hopefully the appearance matches with what you were after.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

scantor145 wrote:
> Thanks for your response, but an XY scatter plot is not what I'm looking
> for.  The final plot, maybe not possible in Excel, should resemble
> something that looks like two megaphones that are attached at the
> mouthpiece.  The mouthpiece is the focal point and the entrance and
> exit points would be where the sound would emanate.  That's the best
> way I can explain it.

Scatter Chart Axis as text in C# Web appl
Hi, I've created a Scatter Chart in OWC11 in C# and the X axis must display dates instead of numbers, I do it using the code below: .... string x= "10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/6/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/7/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/8/2004 12:00:00 AM\t"; string y = 1\t2\t76\t67\t...."; objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData(OWC11.ChartDimensionsEnum.chDimCategories, (int)OWC11.ChartSpecialDataSourcesEnum.chDataLiteral, "Scatter Charts Series 1"); objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData (OWC11.ChartDimensi...

SOP Returns #2
When trying to create a return I am getting an error message: Unhandled script exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'TDK.dbo.SVC_Calc_SOP_Document'. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Hitesh Hi Do you have any 3rd party module installed ? Thanks BS "Hitesh Varsani" <hitesh.varsani@daxten.com> wrote in message news:eUmpj5hqFHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > When trying to create a return I am getting an error message: > Unhandled script exception: > [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Coul...

How do I make a Levy Jennings chart in Excel 2003?
How do I use Excel 2003 to prepare Levy Jennings charts for laboratory daily QC data? Hi, Jon Peltier shows you how to add your mean and standard deviation lines here. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html HTH Martin "RayneLily" <RayneLily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADFC70DF-2277-4430-BDE1-7E41AE2836FF@microsoft.com... > How do I use Excel 2003 to prepare Levy Jennings charts for laboratory > daily > QC data? Try http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html .... and isn't it Levey-Jennings ? -- David Biddu...

having a problem installing MSCRM 1.2!

How do I add/subtract hours and minutes when some values exceed 2.
I am trying to set up a spread sheet whereby I can input a value relating to hours and minutes (this value will be over 24 hours), and then other values in hours and minutes (all under 24 hours) which I need to subtract. I'm struggling to input a 'time' value which exceeds 24 hours. Can anyone help? Hi Try formatting the cell as [hh]:mm -- Andy. "lhasalass" <lhasalass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D00E00AC-14A0-4F7A-A324-0BA8D790D5CB@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up a spread sheet whereby I can input a value relating >to &...

Customization #2
Dear All, I am relatively new to CRM 3.0. I am in a scenario whereby I have to provide the opportunity financial breakup without using the products tab. I am building a form whereby my users can input the cost, margin and total value for the different products required in this opportunity. My questions are 1. How can i make automatic calculations like a+b=c like we do in excel. 2. Can i generate a report based on the custom attributes 3. How can I display the sales stage(based on our sales process) position in the opportunity tab. 1. you need to do this using jscript in the onChan...

Excel 5.0 #2
I need some help. I have been a faithful user of version 5.0 and I missed my opportunity to upgrade easily. Is there anyone who would be willing to part with an intermediate version so I can make the jump. I understand I need at least an Excel 97. I believe 97 can convert 5.0 and 03 can convert 97. Hi Exc�l 97 - Excel 2003 all have the same file format 8and all can read Excel 5.0 files). So just check ebay and get on of the newer versions (Excel 2000 / Excel 2002) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tim in Idaho" <Tim in Idaho@discussions.microsoft.com> schri...

surface chart #5
Will excel graph a real surface chart from data in 3 columns (x, y and z), so it's a perspective plot? Ye You have to arrange your data as a table with the x values across the top and the y values down the LH side, and fill in the Z values for each x, y pair. Then select the whole table and go into the surface chart otion. You can change the perspective, magnification, viewing angles etc in the dialog box Happy charting! Maybe. XL's 3D charting capability is rather limited. For more see the Excel/Charts/3D Surface page of my web site. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-me...

Cell Linking to Chart Headings
I need to work out how to link part of a chart heading within excel to a cell from another tab within the same excel spreadsheet. The purpose of this is to be able to change one cell in another tab and have it link through to the headings of various charts in other tabs. Can anyone help? You can link a chart title, axis title, data label, or textbox in a chart to a cell. Select the text element in the chart, press the equals key, then select the cell with the mouse. The cell reference appears after the equals sign in the formula bar: =Sheet1!$A$1 The text element in the chart will ...

how to print chart located on another chart on one page?
I have one chart located as object in another chart. when I print, I get two pages I need to print both charts on one page...whole purpose of 'locating chart as object' thanks Helmt When you print the master chart (the chart sheet), doesn't it also print the embedded chart? You have to select the master chart and not the embedded chart or just the embedded chart will print. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Helmut" <Helmut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Issue with making changes to recouring meetings. #2
One of our users has a recurring meeting every week. She made a change to it for this week and this is the problem: The recurring meeting is Tuesdays from 9-10. User 1 changed the 7/17 meeting to Wednesday, 7/18, from 11:30-1:30 and It was accepted by user 2. The Tuesday meeting disappeared (as it should) from user 1's Outlook calendar ... BUT it still appears on her Blackberry and, bizarrely, it still appears on user 2's calendar in the original time slot. When user 1's assistant opens user 1's calendar the meeting is also still in the original time slot and has not change...

Creating a dynamic asset allocation chart
I was inspired by a recent E-Trade commercial to build a financial portfolio pie chart using Excel. The chart I have in mind would show the percent breakdown of asset allocation (e.g., cash, large cap stocks, small cap stock, etc). This is the data table format I had in mind: Financial Institute (column 1), Allocation (column 2), and Amount (column 3) e.g., BofA Cash $1600 Fidelity Large Cap $1000 Fidelity Cash $101 As I update my allocation, say, move some cash to small cap stocks, the chart would automatically display my new ...

Floating Bars #2
Hi, I need to create a floating bar graph to show when chutes open and their durations so for example: Chute Open Time Duration 01B 05:00 2:20 01B 07:20 2:20 01B 08:00 0:40 problem I am having is that when i go to create the floating bar graph although the general information is correct i.e time and duration i get duplicate chutes. I have tried converting these to numbers but have had no joy.......... any help please.........would be appreciated!!!! I don't understand the "get duplicate chutes" comment. More info, please? &qu...

BillPay #2
When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free service now. What gives. Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. Yikes! So why am I socked with a $5.95 monthly fee? Just because I use it within the Money program? I don't use my bank so not sure why I get the fee. Thanks! "Bogee" <Bogee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C06B9868-442D-4841-98D3-0C85524F86ED@microsoft.com... > When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free > service > now. What gives. > > Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. ...

Oft Files #2
I need to set up an "OFT" file which I already understand but I need to add a JPEG file to it. The problem I have is that when I have added this but then I send it to a recipient they are receiving it without the JPEG File attached to it. Is there any way around this please as I need to set this up as a standard. I am using rich text format and word as email editor and need these to be set as standard which I have already done. Thanks. Sharon Rich Text as standard? Not a realy good way to go unless you know all the recipients have Rich Text support. Are these internal re...

Charting for a certain timeframe
Hello, I am learning the in's and outs of excel and charting and need som help. I have a series of numbers that correlate to a time. I need t chart it based on the hour it falls in, and am having very little luck Can anyone help please? Below is the data that I have Type.......CG.........RET........OTH.......DATE........TIME CG............1...........0............0........10/10........16:40 OT............0...........0............1........10/10........17:09 CG............1...........0............0........10/10........17:20 RET..........0............1............0........10/10........1...

Gantt Charts
does anyone know how to make a Gantt chart using Excel? Hi Christine for some examples have a look at http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timeline.exe http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/ganttchart/index.html and searhc this newsgroup for 'Gantt charts' HTH Frank Christine wrote: > does anyone know how to make a Gantt chart using Excel? ...

Formatting all data labels on a chart at once
I have a stacked column chart. How do I format all of the data labels togethor (i.e. to set them all to a smaller font?) I can do one stack at a time, but not all of them. Also I have data for future months that will be populated later, so its not feasible to only format the visible data labels. Thanks! Select the chart, then format the font. Don't select the individual columns to do it. Granted, this will change the font for every item in the chart, but it may be a shorter way. "VancitysFinest" <victorlai@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139435934.762750.36150@z14g2...

Re: 3rd Party AD Software #2
If you do not like scripting, you can try Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - www.imibo.com http://www.imibo.com/imius/default.htm || "aldz00" <aldz00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message || news:843E8408-F81C-4321-BFE8-209568D704FC@microsoft.com... ||| Ryan, ||| ||| The big thing we are looking for is to easily identify AD attributes in ||| user, distribution and security groups. Many times we need to identify || users ||| based on a certain criteria or make changes for the same reason. In || addition ||| to that, importing and exporting AD info from and to ...

Looking for a dartboard type chart
I'm looking for a chart or graph that looks like a dartboard. I need to be able to split the outside circle into 4 sections, the next circle into 4 sections and be able to put words in them. The inside sections need to be split into 7 sections with words and a separate center bullseye. Any help is appreciated. Using MS Office 2003. Thanks! Vera - You might be able to work something up using a Doughnut chart. This data will give you 4 + 4 + 7 uniquely formatted segments: inner middle outer a 1 b 1 c 1 d 1 e 1 f 1 g 1 h ...

Currency Format #2
Hi Guys, Can someone tell me why? If I set a variable Like so: MyVar = Format(TotalCost, "###,##0.00") If the value is 5,241.60 it displays as 5,241.60 but if its 10,483.20 it displays as 10,483.2 missing the final 0 (zero) As always, your help is appreciated. Best Regards, Steve. Always Learning wrote: > Hi Guys, > > Can someone tell me why? > > If I set a variable Like so: > MyVar = Format(TotalCost, "###,##0.00") > If the value is 5,241.60 it displays as 5,241.60 but if its 10,483.20 it > displays as 10,483.2 missing the final ...

Cells(#,#).Value conversion #2
Hey I want to grab a serialized date and turn it into an integer in my vba what is the proper conversion for this ? example: Dim startDate As Integer Dim endDate As Integer startDate = ActiveRow.Cells(1, 2).Value endDate = ActiveRow.Cells(1, 3).Value A date is already an integer, just format it as General. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Alexandre Brisebois (www.pointnetsolutions.com)" <alexandre.brisebois@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122998952.048872.181990@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hey I want to grab a serialized...

How to sync 2 company's GALs
We recently acquired a company in Hawaii. We run Exchange 2000 and would like to see their employees on our Exchange GAL and they are running Exchange 5.5 in a totally separate domain and Exchange organization and they would like to see our users in their Exchange GAL. We plan to join our networks by a LAN to LAN VPN tunnel back to the states. Besides doing a one time contact import into our Active Directory and into their Exchange directory, is there an automated way to have the 2 GAL's in sync with each other as they change? Eventually they will probably integrate their network infr...

smtp 451 ERROR #2
In the past day or two I've been getting a postmaster with "smtp;451 Temporary local problem - please try later" in the body. This does not always happen. What is this? Thanks, Probably greylisting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greylisting --- David L. West http://www.deskoptional.com ...

Combination bar Charts
I have three data series on a bar chart. I want two of them stacked, and the third remaining singular (cluster bar format). I know how to change one data series to a line, but when I try to change one to a singular bar using the same techique (highlighting the singular series and selecting a different chart type), the entire chart type switches to clustered bars. Is there any way to do this? I would like to create a custom chart type in this format, but it is unclear how to create chart custom formats. Jon Peltier has information and links for clustered stacked columns on his web si...