3d bar chart gridlines

I created some 3d stacked column charts and the back of the 3d columns don't
line up exactly with the gridlines.  Any way to fix this?
0
EPratt (6)

They don't line up because there's a gap between the bars and the back
of the chart. You can fix this by double clicking on a series, and on
the Options tab, change Gap Depth to zero. You can make the chart even
more clear to your poor audience if you switch to a 2D chart type.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

EPratt wrote:

> I created some 3d stacked column charts and the back of the 3d columns don't
> line up exactly with the gridlines.  Any way to fix this?
Thank you so much Jon!  That was exactly it.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> They don't line up because there's a gap between the bars and the back
> of the chart. You can fix this by double clicking on a series, and on
> the Options tab, change Gap Depth to zero. You can make the chart even
> more clear to your poor audience if you switch to a 2D chart type.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>

> EPratt wrote:
>
> > I created some 3d stacked column charts and the back of the 3d columns don't
> > line up exactly with the gridlines.  Any way to fix this?

0
EPratt (6)
7/29/2005 7:02:03 PM
Microsoft should consider setting the gap depth to 0 as the default for 3D
view charts.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> They don't line up because there's a gap between the bars and the back
> of the chart. You can fix this by double clicking on a series, and on
> the Options tab, change Gap Depth to zero. You can make the chart even
> more clear to your poor audience if you switch to a 2D chart type.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>

> EPratt wrote:
>
> > I created some 3d stacked column charts and the back of the 3d columns don't
> > line up exactly with the gridlines.  Any way to fix this?

0
RM (25)
3/8/2007 7:12:23 PM
They should really consider dropping those lame 3D charts, but they have too
many corporate marketing bozos among their customers, and not enough
scientists. What does an oblique view of a pseudo-3D block tell you that a
straight on view of a rectangle doesn't?

- Jon
-------

"RM" <RM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft should consider setting the gap depth to 0 as the default for 3D
> view charts.
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> They don't line up because there's a gap between the bars and the back
>> of the chart. You can fix this by double clicking on a series, and on
>> the Options tab, change Gap Depth to zero. You can make the chart even
>> more clear to your poor audience if you switch to a 2D chart type.
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Peltier Technical Services
>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> http://PeltierTech.com/
>> _______
>>

>> EPratt wrote:
>>
>> > I created some 3d stacked column charts and the back of the 3d columns
>> > don't
>> > line up exactly with the gridlines.  Any way to fix this?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Deleting "hidden" charts on a worksheet
Hi everyone, I've been playing around w/ a worksheet that contains data and charts, inserting and removing multiple rows at a time. Unfortunately, I did not change the properties of the charts and they were all set to "Move and Size w/ Cells". When I deleted a series of rows, these charts disappeared and left a line across the spreadsheet where they used to be. I've tried everything to get rid of them (because they are now calculating incorrectly and giving me error messages), including deleting the rows where they appear, trying to select them on the sheet, but nothing w...

Pivot chart and Total row
Hi All I have a Pivot table and attached Pivot chart (all good so far). However, there are three columns (drop column details here) which are the two columns of data and a grand total column (showing the average of my two data columns) When I turn it into a pivot chart it does not display the grand total column as well (is there a way to do this). I have tried to go into the chart options but these are locked. I can copy and paste the results but this is a bit clumsy. Any suggestions - any help greatly appreciated Kind regards Rexmann PS using excel 2003 ...

Delegate manage to-do bar
Is it possible for a delegate to view and manage their manager's to-do bar in Outlook 2007? No, but they can manage the individual Tasks and Mail folders which pretty much makes up the To-Do List. Set a filter on the mail folders to only show messages marked for follow up. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Ginny" <Ginny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

How do I delete chart superimposed on Excel document?
Created Excel document. Print preview did not show gridlines. In attempting to get gridlines, somehow got into charts. A chart was created and is superimposed on original document. How do I get rid of the chart? How do I get gridlines on to original document? Oz Right-click on the chart and Edit>Clear>All To print gridlines.................File>Page Setup>Sheet Check "gridlines" and uncheck "draft quality". Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 14:27:01 -0700, Oz Osborn <Oz Osborn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Created Excel docume...

Chart: range info from seriescollection?
I would like to fill a combobox (Rowsource) with data that are used in for instance the XValues or Values of a Seriescollection of a graph. "ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values" does not give the right type (I was hoping for a string type of info like "Sheet1.Range(a1:a10)"). How to get a Range to be used as Rowsource for my combobox??? Thanks for your suggestions, JB The Values and XValues will return an array of values. To get the range address like this, you will need to parse the series formula. Or you could use John Walkenbach's class module for extractin...

Is it possible to save an excel chart as .emf?
I would like to save an excel chart as .emf instead of .jpeg or .gif using the script below. Is this possible? Sub SaveChartAsGIF () Fname = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & ActiveChart.Name & ".gif" ActiveChart.Export FileName:=Fname, FilterName:="GIF" End Sub ...

Tree control tool tips and dialog bar
I have made a dialog bar in my application and placed a tree view control inside the dialog bar. The dialog bar can be docked or undocked. When docked, the tool tips for the tree control show up just fine. When I undock it the tool tips show up behind the dialog bar. I am attempting to emulate the tree setup much like in visual studio 6. I have everything working except this small bug. Does anybody know why the tool tip will not remain on top of the tree control? ...

Excel Bar Chart with many elements Example
I am working with a survey database where one field represents one question in the Survey. Some questions allow the user to enter multiple answers. This data isn't normalized but I have t work with what I've got. Anyway I tried to create a chart in Acces with the wizard but got the error: "Cannot have more than elements in the chart". Anyway I attempted to recreate the char in Excel but my chart looks crammed and canno print entirely within one page. Does anyone know how or have a example of how to create a bar chart with many elements in a clea and consice manner T...

Step change charts
Help, I am trying to create a bar charts by year but only want to show increases and decreases through the middle years as step changes i.e. 1999 100 2000 +10 2001 -30 2002 +40 2003 120 How can I do this? What I should see is the first vertical bar being 100 then from the 100 level an increase of 10 to get to 110 then a decrease bar of -30 (from the 110 level) to get to 80 etc etc. For a tutorial, see the Excel | Charts | Waterfall Chart page of my web site. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Cus...

Can no longer cut/paste ranges in chart "edit data" fields?
In Excel 2007 I can no longer cut/paste cell ranges into the x and y datasets using the edit data tool. Is there a way to turn this back on? Also the chart range resets itself to the current length of the data, however, in many instances I want to set an exact future range. Is there a way to have excel not reset the range to what it "thinks" I want. > In Excel 2007 I can no longer cut/paste cell ranges into the x and y > datasets > using the edit data tool. Is there a way to turn this back on? I have no problem doing what you can't. Could you provide more det...

Changing bar graph colours according to value
Is there any way to have the colours of the bars in a bar graph change according to value? Hi, Have a look at Jon's example. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy nikki8327 wrote: > Is there any way to have the colours of the bars in a bar graph change > according to value? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Gridline problem
I am using Excel 2002 and it used to work fine when printing gridlines. I am using a Brother MFC printer and the gridlines used to print fine when I had it connected through a serial port. I've recently switched it to a USB cable and now gridlines never print, all I get is a outline around my entire area, but nothing in between. I contacted Brother and they said they thought this was a software issue. I'm not so sure, but thought I would try this anway. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I have checked to print gridlines under File, Page Setup. W...

can not see chart
I created a simple chart. For some odd reason the chart is all gray. I can only see the chart if i select the chart object. Please help! Thank you! Hi, Via the menus Tools > Options. On the View tab select Obejcts Show All. Cheers Andy Nick wrote: > I created a simple chart. For some odd reason the chart is all gray. I can > only see the chart if i select the chart object. Please help! Thank you! -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

How to avoid when linked source data is changed, chart turns blan.
When I created new charts in Excel 2003, each previous chart became blank. Therefor I saved the file unter a new name and copied the previous chart to the new file. This created ofcourse links to the other files. Now I want to change the source file, but when I do that the chart becomes blank as well. Anybody who had this problem before and found out how to solve it ? Rgds, Chris ...

Error on Navigation Bar 05-07-04
On one of my client PCs the navigation bar does not work correctly. After two or three clicks on the bar I got the following error; yet the GoTo in the menu bar is working fine. Line: 69 Char: 4 Error: Permission denied Code: 0 URL: http://w-mscrm/bar_bottom.aspx?startPage=Home Please help!.. I am receiving this error too, any help would be appreciated! ...

Address Bar
Is anyone else noticing that the anti-fishing filter is not working? The actual web address is supposed to he high lighted in green in the address bar. I am seeing this in my Windows 7 Ultimate O/S and also on 6 virtual machines within Windows Virtual PC and also within Virtual Box. Hi Richard, Which site? The known phishing sites is dynamic and subject to change. You could download the fiddler tool (http://www.fiddlertool.com) and examine your traffic to see the response from the ms anti-phishing service. OR you could try another service like malware.google.com or sit...

chart type keeps changing
My chart is "embedded" in my worksheet. The worksheet has months across the top in one row and net income per share in a row below it for each corresponding month. The x-axis is pulling data for the month and year eg. Jan-04...Feb-06. The y-axis is pulling data from a different row for the net income for each month. The chart has been maintained since Jan-04. It is a standard clustered column w/ a 3-D visual effect. I am trying to enter data for March '06 in data source, series one. I am updating the series 1 with the new column address that represents the new month eg...

Dynamic Bar Chart Category Axis Problem
Hi I have created a dynamic bar chart, roughly based on Stephen Bullen's funchrt4. The number of categories can range from 2 to about 50 and ideally I would like the category axis names font to be Arial 10 at least. When the number of categories gets towards 50, the category axis names disappear altogether and the only way I have found to retrieve them is to manually reduce the font size to about 7 (dependent on the level of the zoom). This font size is excessively small for the majority of charts. Is there any way to get Excel2002 to keep the category axis names in all circumstan...

Task entry bar in Taskpad
When looking at my Day Calendar view, my taskpad is on the right side. I used to see an entry line where I could type in a task and it would "join the list". I was playing around with some options and now that entry field is gone. How do I get it back? Thanks Edit the View of your Taks folder; Press the Other Settings button and select Show new item row -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "MEWEINHA" <MEWEINHA@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

MS chart control for VC++9 03-13-10
I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. Is there any clue? thanks On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:50:52 -0800, Azed <user@msgroups.net/> wrote: >I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. >Is there any clue? >thanks > >--- >frmsrcur...

Chart of Accounts Details
Can you use alphanumerics or just numerics when defining a chart of account id? You can use an Alphanumeric chart but proceed carefully - it often proved to be impractical and rigid. HS "Royden Akerley" <royden.akerley@brascanpower.com> wrote in message news:225d201c45d4c$6f57a8d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can you use alphanumerics or just numerics when defining a > chart of account id? Some auditors have problems with alpha account numbers. Proceed with caution. "Royden Akerley" <royden.akerley@brascanpower.com> wrote in message news:225d201c45d4c$6f5...

Negative Values in Stacked Bar Charts
I'd like to include negative values in stacked bar charts, with the total stacked value equal to the sum of each of the subtotals. However, when I tested this, it appears that Excel just shows the negative components at the bottom of the bar, below zero, but the stacked total still seems to reflect the sum of the positive components. Is there a way of showing a stacked bar the way I'm trying to do it? Todd Hi, In order to plot the chart how you want you would have to make the negative values positive. You may need to explain further why you need a negative value should be...

Dynamic Excel Charts in Word
Can I link data from columns in Excel to a pie chart in a mail merged Word document so the pie chart changes as I scroll through the entries? If this is possible, how do I do it? Any help would be appreciated, especially if my efforts are in vain. Thanks. ...

Pivot Tables and Graphs (charts)
Background: I have a Pivot Table (PT) which is updated monthly. A chart is tied to the data in the PT. The X-axis contains the months and the Y-axis contains the respective data of the months. Question: How can the chart be updated automatically (this should include the latest monthly data) whenever the PT is updated (refreshed)? Thanks in advance. learnlearn52 wrote: > Background: > > I have a Pivot Table (PT) which is updated monthly. A chart is tied to the > data in the PT. The X-axis contains the months and the Y-axis contains the > respective data of the months....

Chart to Word
I have a flow chart in Excell. It is quite wide. I have been copying the whole thing and pasting it special, as a picture in word. But I only get 3/4 of the chart in Word. I have checked and re-copied it many times to make sure I am picking up the whole chart and I have. But when I go to copy it I only get 3/4 of the chart. Can anyone tell me what to do to overcome this problem??? aurora have you tried to resize the chart in Word. What size does it say it is? "Aurora" wrote: > I have a flow chart in Excell. > It is quite wide. I have been copying the whole thing ...