32,000 data points error message

I keep getting the following pop up error message as I'm creating a line
chart.  The source data includes two colums with nearly 900 rows of data.
Basically the data is temperature readings from two probes (coulmn A&B) at 1
second intervals (900 rows = 15 minutes of data) There's also a 3rd column
that has 60 points of data, but this colums in only used to provide the data
for the X axis labels.  So by my calculation, I have less than 2000 data
points, correct?  Why the error message?

This is what the message says;

"The maximum number of data points you can use in a data series for a 2-D
chart is 32,000. If you want to use more than 32,000 data points, you must
create two or more series."

Thanks,
David

0
DavidJ726 (42)

There may be data in rows far below the visible data. If you select the
entire column, this will be a problem. Even a space character is enough to
throw off Excel's parsing of your selection.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"DavidJ726" <DavidJ726@hasnoaddress.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting the following pop up error message as I'm creating a line
>chart.  The source data includes two colums with nearly 900 rows of data.
>Basically the data is temperature readings from two probes (coulmn A&B) at
>1 second intervals (900 rows = 15 minutes of data) There's also a 3rd
>column that has 60 points of data, but this colums in only used to provide
>the data for the X axis labels.  So by my calculation, I have less than
>2000 data points, correct?  Why the error message?
>
> This is what the message says;
>
> "The maximum number of data points you can use in a data series for a 2-D
> chart is 32,000. If you want to use more than 32,000 data points, you must
> create two or more series."
>
> Thanks,
> David

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
4/5/2006 4:57:12 PM
Thanks Jon,  That's what it was.
David

"Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message
> There may be data in rows far below the visible data. If you select the
> entire column, this will be a problem. Even a space character is enough to
> throw off Excel's parsing of your selection.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
> _______
>
> "DavidJ726" <DavidJ726@hasnoaddress.com> wrote in message
>>I keep getting the following pop up error message as I'm creating a line
>>chart.  The source data includes two colums with nearly 900 rows of data.
>>Basically the data is temperature readings from two probes (coulmn A&B) at
>>1 second intervals (900 rows = 15 minutes of data) There's also a 3rd
>>column that has 60 points of data, but this colums in only used to provide
>>the data for the X axis labels.  So by my calculation, I have less than
>>2000 data points, correct?  Why the error message?
>>
>> This is what the message says;
>>
>> "The maximum number of data points you can use in a data series for a 2-D
>> chart is 32,000. If you want to use more than 32,000 data points, you
>> must create two or more series."
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David

0
DavidJ726 (42)
4/5/2006 6:26:06 PM
As a follow up, I've now added a 4th column and am having difficulty in
getting it to display on the chart.  What I'm trying to do is create a data
series that shows a desired profile so I can compare actual results against
the desired result.  Instead of entering up to 900 points I've entered the
desired temperatures at points along the way at (aproximately) 30 second
intervals which gives me aproximately 30 points of data.  but when I go to
source data and add a new series, the data isn't displayed.  What I
eventually had to do was carefully move the mouse around a region where I
knew a data point existed, and when the little "hover tip" popped up I was
able to select the series and select custom markers so they'd appear.

What I expected was a line graph to connect the 30 points.  I knew it wasn't
going to be as smooth as one of the other columns that has temperatures
recorded every second, but shouldn't of I expected a line of some sort?
Even after selecting line type & color I can't see a line, only the markers.

Any idea's?

Thanks,
David

0
DavidJ726 (42)
4/5/2006 6:46:04 PM
Never Mind!!

I found it, tools options, interpolated.

David

0
DavidJ726 (42)

Paste data into visible columns only.
I have a problem with copy and paste with filtered data. I have a table with lots of data, about 20k rows. Among this data, are different subsets of data, to exemplify: Row 1 has all header infor for my actual data, however, for example row 2 will have a subset header. Then row 3 - 15 has data acording to the headers in row 1 Then row 16 has a subset header, then row 17-126 has data. And so on and so forth. Now the problem here is, that the subset header is separated into three cells, but it should only be one cell. What I did was filter for the subset rows, then in a column after the...

how to see the data in a subform when you close the form and then
I have a subform within a form. When data is entered into the subform, it goes into the table just fine, so I know the data is there. But, when I close the form, then open it back up, I can't see any of the data. I know there is a setting somewhere that I need to change to allow the data to be seen, I just can't remember where it is. I've looked in the Properties menu already, and can't seem to figure it out. Thanks! Is your subform set to DataEntry = Yes? That would be one possible cause for 'new' data disappearing after saving. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft...

error message #41
When I try to resolve items on my handheld I get an error message 80004005 that says they cannot be written to microsoft outlook due to error 80004005. It will sync but then everything stays as unresolved. When I try to save info in outlook it says it cannot be saved.So I am sure the problem is with outlook but how to find it? ...

Data extract
Greetings, I need a date for specific product purchase. The data provided me was arranged as follows: Customer IDs in column A. Subsequent columns are alternating between product ID and Date. I only require the date of purchase for product K5, however each customer may have that product listed in a different column from others. Small example to illustrate; I apologize as the formatting will not appear correct: Customer ID Product Date Product Date Product Date 1234 A1 1/2/10 B4 12/1/09 K5 10/12/...

HELP Error: Trying to populate userform fields from access databas
Hi All, I have been struggling with this since long, I would appreciate if anyone can help me with getting this done. Basically I want to pull information from access database and populate my excel userform fields. For eg: If I input a Student Id field I want to populate the Name and Phone number for that student from access database, Here is the code that I have so far, But it gives me errors.. Please guide me through this Private Sub StudentId_AfterUpdate() Dim cnt As ADODB.Connection Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "SELECT Name, Phone FROM...

The word limit is too short. 175-225. Can you write 1,000 words?
I'm struggling and frustrating myself with creating a newsletter in publisher. I have articles that I have written that are all 1,000 words or so. Is this too many words for newsletter articles? Publisher only allows 175-225 per section. This would be a MAJOR editing job to cut down to this level. Furthermore, significant information will be lost. I suppose articles are supposed to be short and to the point when creating a 'newsletter.' Your suggestion/comment will be appreciated. Ken You can write a book in Publisher, what you need to do is link your text boxes...

Run Time error 1004
Hi, I am trying to programmatically copy the text contents of one cell (including formatting) on one worksheet to a merged range on another. I get the error in the title when I run the macro initially... then strangely it works with no error after failing to run it a couple of times. My code is as follows: Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("admin").Select Range("A2").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Submission Form").Select Range("D6:G8").Select End With Selecti...

How do I stop an outbound message (now sending) that is too big
How do I stop an outbound message (now sending) that is too big -- RichW Select outlook offline and wait 5 min. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck_message.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slipstick.co...

Saving messages other than in formats given? i.e., rtf or pdf (html with complete pictures)
I get a lot of mail from yahoo groups, in particular some graphics groups. In it, I get very good tutorials or tips which involve graphics that explain or illustrate the text. O2K allows me to save as text or html, but the pictures get left out of both formats, of course. The text can be converted to rtf and I can pull the graphics via the Outlook script to save embedded graphics and I can manually create the rtf file; or I can open up the html file, and reference the pulled embedded graphics, but both methods have proven very time-consuming considering the number of messages I recv that I ...

Insertion point in selected text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I had to reinstall Office 2008 and since then, Word is behaving differently when I try to click inside a portion of text that is selected. Instead of dismissing the selection and giving me an insertion point, the selection background briefly blinks and stays there, and a smart tag appears. I have to click outside the selected text and then put the insertion point where I want it.� <br><br>What is even more intriguing is if I happen to be tracking the changes, I can see that Word does something when I...

FAILED TO INSTALL MSI PART OF MISCROSOFT CRM SERVER SETUP UNSPECIFIED ERROR 800
While installing Miscrosoft CRM - installation fails with a reson FAILED TO INSTALL MSI PART OF MISCROSOFT CRM SERVER SETUP UNSPECIFIED ERROR 80004005 When i checked the event log these are the errors that i found. 1) APS Service starts and stops so none of the crystal report services like cristal_eventServer can regester with it. 2) Root server reported an error initilization failure reasion unable to connect to database using provided connection string ...... CRMCRYSTAL login Failed. source = crystal_crystalAPS any idea about this error any one Install iis before installin...

Retrieving data of a CListCtrl's Item
Hi, I'm trying to work with CListCtrl class and I have a problem I can't solve. To simplfy the problem, let's just say I need to know the iItem of the LV_ITEM structure for the selected item. It's not too much, is it? Well I tested so many ways but none of them worked!?!? Has anyone worked with CListCtrl? Regards, Mehran Ziadloo You ask, "Has anyone worked with CListCtrl?" This class is perhaps the most commonly used of all the newer common controls! Have you looked at GetFirstSelectedItemPosition, followed by GetNextSelectedItem? "Mehran Ziadloo" &...

4.0 Data Migration Wizard on SBE?
I've installed the Wizard but in the 1st step (Signing in/gathering config info), I get an ASP.net exception error. Searches for the error code (which I've lost somewhere) tell me to register the dll in the GAC but that doesnt seem to work. Has anyone run the wizard on SBE successfully? -- Thanx Grizz ...

Activity Error
While using the outlook client (1.2) under outlook 2000, while off-line, when a new phone or letter activity is created and then saved, we receive an error dialog box stating "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" with try again or go back buttons. When I click try again, the same dialog reappears. When I click the go back, it takes us back to the activity screen and does not save the activity. Neither save or save and close work. We have not tried every activity, but the appointment does work properly. I have this problem on both of my ...

Data from multiple sheets and workbooks
Each week I receive a workbook from one of my customers. It contains mutliple sheets with salesnumbers from all the branch of my customer. Each sheet contains from 1 000 to 15 000 lines of salesdata. Every article sold gets one line in the sheets. Each workbook are named "weeknr.xls" and are stored in the same folder. Now my question/problem. I need to gather all sales info for one branch on one article from all the weeks. I know how to get the data from one workbook to another, but how do I get it to scan all the workbooks in the folder. Any ideas. Dim oFSO Sub LoopFolder...

Broke mail
Whats causing this ? only thing in the event viewer is Event Type: Warning Event Source: Marc3Host Event Category: None Event ID: 6204 Date: 21/02/2007 Time: 17:54:30 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXX Description: Plugin DSScheduler reports exception. Data Sources: Builder failed. Additional info: Could not resolve url For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. been trying to remove a 2007 server but its infected everything it seems Marc3Host? What's that? You've probably got something else installed on the Exchange server....

Adding Multiple Users Error
Good Morning, I have setup CRM 4.0 using a Windows 2003 R2 Server 32 Bit, with SQL 2005. I created the CRM OU as instructed and it seems to be working fine except for the fact that when I use the Add Multiple Users I get the following results: Users added successfully:0 Users Not Added 3, See the following erros and warnings. Error: The following user was not added: John Smith Error: The following user was not added: Tom Cashman Error: The following user was not added: Nick Jones The thing is even if I try to add one user using the Add Multiple Users Tool I get the same behavior as ...

mouse point changes to paper with bent edge when selecting workshe
Having problems with Excel 2003. It will work fine for awhile then start acting strange. This started a couple of weeks ago. If you click on a worksheet tab, the mouse pointer changes. It has a piece of paper with one edge folded down. Once this happens, we can not get it to change back. If you scroll out of the excel sheet, this paper turns into a black circle with a line through it. The only way to get out of excel is to go into task manager and end task. This brings up a message that you cannot exit excel. Eventually you do get prompted to end excel as it is not res...

Error When Creating E-mail Message
I posted this earlier and never got an answer.. I updated the windows updates for Office and ever since have been getting an error message when I attempt to create a new email message. A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook, Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for x minute (in box) -------------------------------------------------------- I have done the following: 1. Checked for a virus. I don't have any. 2. I have re-installed office over top of itself. That ...

Moving outlook data + accounts to another PC
I want to move my Outlook data, email accounts, and rules to a new PC. The old PC has Outlook 2000 + Windows 2000. The new PC has Outlook 2003 + Windows XP. Neither will use Exchange server. I know that you can copy over the outlook.pst file, but presumably this won't hold my email accounts. Also, I vagely remember that simply copying over the pst file can damage the profile. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm Be aware if you wish to use the OL2003 format pst you will need to create a new pst and copy data from old to new. Accounts stored in the registry and no...

Windows update error message (with a question and a fix)
I have a client which is having a problem running Windows Update on a Windows SBS 2003 everytime I click on Windows Update after 10secs it comes back with a message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" tried google to find a fix but everything I've tried does not seem to work. So today I decided to ghost the sever drive on to a old 80GB to have a backup just incase something happens it took 30mins to ghost then I tried booting from the new drive to see if it would boot and was all good. The funny thing is that when it booted I tried Windows Update and it w...

Combo Box to enter data to text box!
In my subForm I have a Combo box drop down list I want to have the data in my combo box entered into my Text Box [tbAdditionCharge] on AfterUpdate -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 11:49:12 +1300, "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote: >In my subForm I have a Combo box drop down list I want to have the data in >my combo box entered into my Text Box [tbAdditionCharge] on AfterUpdate Since data is not stored in combo boxes, textboxes, subforms or ...

Error message when starting Outlook 2003
New office, new desk, newer computer that is supposed to be better... but every time I start Outlook I get the following error message: The add-in "C:\WINDOWS\System32\PWEXCHEXT32.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. Detect and repair doesn't resolve the problem. Really. We tried twice. There's no information that I can find on this in the MS Knowledge Base. Our "Nick Burns Your Company's Computer Guy's" solution for the problem is to ignore it. But the problem is jus...

RPC over HTTP #32
Trying to use it for the fist time Using Exchange 2003 ,went over the full documentation from the Microsoft site. Client running Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003. I got an error in the client saying the server is not available, I found acouple of solutions in the Microsoft support site, but they say it just applies for MS Office XP. Anybody know the solution for MS Office 2003 running on XP? When setting up RPC over HTTP don't use the check name box. Simply enter the address for the server and the username. The machine usually has to be on the inside network initally, because an exter...

Public folder for storing e-mail message
Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public folder to an external address automatically. How do I set this up. Any help will be appreciated. "Dipti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for > customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public fol...