2axis chart

Hi,

I have a tricky chart I want to make. So far it looks
okay, but I have a problem that I hope is fixable.

I have 5 data series that I want to represent in a graph
with 2 axis.

I want to use the stacked column type of graph putting 2
series each in one column. ie series = Actuals1, Actuals2,
Budget1, Budget2, Last years totals.

I want 1 stack showing Actuals1 & Actuals2 together,
another showing Budget1 & Budget2 together and a line
showing last years totals(I'd prefer another seperate bar
for this on it's own, but can figure out how to do this).

So far I have got the stacks I need by placing the series
on different axis, but they overlap each other and I can't
figure out how to move them. I've tried playing with the
gaps & overlaps in the format data series options, but so
far still have problems.

Any ideas how to fix this or of a better way to create
this chart?

Cheers,

Sue
0
anonymous (74722)

Sue -

I have some links on this page which will help with your chart.

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

SueM wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a tricky chart I want to make. So far it looks
> okay, but I have a problem that I hope is fixable.
>
> I have 5 data series that I want to represent in a graph
> with 2 axis.
>
> I want to use the stacked column type of graph putting 2
> series each in one column. ie series = Actuals1, Actuals2,
> Budget1, Budget2, Last years totals.
>
> I want 1 stack showing Actuals1 & Actuals2 together,
> another showing Budget1 & Budget2 together and a line
> showing last years totals(I'd prefer another seperate bar
> for this on it's own, but can figure out how to do this).
>
> So far I have got the stacks I need by placing the series
> on different axis, but they overlap each other and I can't
> figure out how to move them. I've tried playing with the
> gaps & overlaps in the format data series options, but so
> far still have problems.
>
> Any ideas how to fix this or of a better way to create
> this chart?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sue

0