2007- unwanted column chart n/a labels displaying

I am using Excel 2007 and have found that I cannot get the NA() labels to NOT
display. As desired, there is no column where the cell values are na() but
the labels for those cells are displaying as "N/A". How do I keep these
labels from appearing?
0
BobArnett (4)

Interesting. I made a Line chart with =NA() and the points were joined (as
expected)
When I added labels, the #N/A did NOT appear
A copy of the same charge was changed to a Column chart and the #N/A does
appears
But then, with a column chart you could just leave the cell blank.
What type of chart are you using?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bob Arnett" <BobArnett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Excel 2007 and have found that I cannot get the NA() labels to
>NOT
> display. As desired, there is no column where the cell values are na() but
> the labels for those cells are displaying as "N/A". How do I keep these
> labels from appearing?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
7/7/2008 1:34:41 AM
The advice about using NA() in a formula to hide a data point works fine for
line or XY charts. The best advice for a column or bar chart is to use ""
instead.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
> Interesting. I made a Line chart with =NA() and the points were joined (as
> expected)
> When I added labels, the #N/A did NOT appear
> A copy of the same charge was changed to a Column chart and the #N/A does
> appears
> But then, with a column chart you could just leave the cell blank.
> What type of chart are you using?
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "Bob Arnett" <BobArnett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am using Excel 2007 and have found that I cannot get the NA() labels to
>>NOT
>> display. As desired, there is no column where the cell values are na()
>> but
>> the labels for those cells are displaying as "N/A". How do I keep these
>> labels from appearing?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
7/7/2008 12:19:45 PM
I'm actually using a combination column and line chart and when I ran into
the problem for the line chart series, I used the =NA() solution I had found
from a previously posted question here. What I also did was change all my
formulas in the data ranges to use the =NA() instead of the "". That's
probably what caused the problem with the column series. I don't have the
Workbook here but I'll try it tonight when I go home and let you know.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> Interesting. I made a Line chart with =NA() and the points were joined (as
> expected)
> When I added labels, the #N/A did NOT appear
> A copy of the same charge was changed to a Column chart and the #N/A does
> appears
> But then, with a column chart you could just leave the cell blank.
> What type of chart are you using?
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "Bob Arnett" <BobArnett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using Excel 2007 and have found that I cannot get the NA() labels to
> >NOT
> > display. As desired, there is no column where the cell values are na() but
> > the labels for those cells are displaying as "N/A". How do I keep these
> > labels from appearing?

0
BobArnett (4)

CRM 3.0 on Outlook 2007
Hello, I installed the spanish version of CRM Client on my Outlook 2007. I noticed the user interface has changed. With this version any time I click on a CRM entity it pops up an Internet Explorer window. Is this normal or should I still be seing the data On oultook application (that was the case of CRM for Outlook 2003)? Regards, Irene Nothing changed (assuming you are reffering to the v3c update) in this regard. The CRM for Outlook client has typically opened browser pages. The only exception was if you double clicked on the core Outlook items. Basically, if you click from an O...

What is Piggy Bank in MS 2007 Outlook?
Our company just got Microsoft 2007 Office and one of my team members has a button in his Outlook entitled "Piggy Bank", however we're unable to find any information about what it is. Can anyone help explain this? No one else has this on their computers and we can't find out how to add it or remove it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! He has some addin installed that added it. Look in Tools, trust center, addins. I assume its this thing: http://simile.mit.edu/wiki/Piggy_Bank -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

Lowest entry in a column
Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me how to automatically use the last/lowest entry in a column? I don't want to sort the cells, or choose the Maximum or Minimum - I just need to use the bottom entry in a column automatically in a formula I'll create somewhere else on the spreadsheet. It thought it would be in the functions list somewhere, but it has eluded me! Thanks, Astley Suppose A is the column in question, use the following formula to refer to the last cell: =INDIRECT("A"&COUNT(A:A)) Mangesh "Astley" <ast@exemail.com.au> wrote in message ne...

Default Word 2007 to "No Spacing"?
Is there a setting to make Word 2007 default to use "No Spacing" under the Styles of the Home Tab? It's very annoying that it defaults to normal. I never use it!!! It's especially when doing a Mail Merge and I have to put Name, Name2, Contact, Address, Address2, etc.. all on one tiny label. Can't do that with the spacing it does by normal. Each time I have to change it to no spacing. Apply the Word 2003 style set. (Change Styles on the Home Tab) -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< ...

PNG files not displayed
Help! I have a problem where PNG files I insert into Publisher aren't correctly displayed. The image place-holder is visible, but no image. Other graphics file-types are fine, but not PNG's. Another user with identical hardware and software can view the same PNG's without problems. I've tried resintalling Office and service packs with no success. However, when printing the publication, the PNG graphics are produced with no problems. I'm running Office 2003 sp 1. Thanks in advance! Casey. Casey <Casey@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utte...

Locking and Protecting and NOT displaying formulas
Is it possible to not only lock but also NOT display some formulas we have in a ROI-Return On Investment-spreadsheet??? Sum of the formulas are proprietary and would like them to not even be displayed within the spreadsheet that will be distributed to prospects leads. Let me know. Thanks! RTP, format, cells, protection, check hidden for the cells with formulas, protect the sheet. be aware that this protection is VERY weak and can be broken easily. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedb...

stacked column with total
I created a stacked column chart with 2 series. I'd like to show the total value on top each bar. Right now, show value displays each value of independently. For example, I have a bar showing 3 and 2 stacked but I would like to show 5 (3+2) on the top bar. I've seen on someone graph before. I can't recreate it. Pls help. Thanks Mat Mat Check here http://andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "matelot" <matelot@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Can not install Office Ultimate 2007 because of a setup error mess
Hello group, I have a desktop with no Office Suite which I built with Windows XP Pro SP2 (Version 2002), from a WGA Kit. I ordered the back-up discs (2 pcs) Office Ultimate 2007 from digital river.com store and tried installing in this machine but I get this message: "Setup error: The language of this installation package is not supported by your system." I tried it on the 2nd DVD drive of the same machine but same result. I tried installing the Office software in a Sony Vaio laptop and it seems it will install properly and I discontinued the setup. Any information/ass...

outlook 2007 monthly calendar six column?
Just converted to Outlook 2007 from 2003, where I could print a monthly calendar with 6 columns: Mon Tue Wed Th Fri Sat/Sun. This freed up some width per column, b/c the weekend days were consolidated. Can't seem to do this with '07. The columns are too skinny (even on landscape) and I can't read appts. Advice? Thx Try the calendar printing assistant or word template- see http://slipstick.me/calprint for links. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

Combo Columns
I've created a combo box on a form in Access using 2 columns. The first column is hidden so the second column is the only one displayed in the combo box. When I then use that combo as the source in a separate text box the answered returned is the first column. Any idea how I get the second column information instead? -- Cheers. Paul ...

Custom Menus in Access 2007
I know in VB 6 you can create custom pop-up menu. Is there a way to do this in Access 2007? Active X? DLL? Hidden command that I can't find? Any tutorials or direction? Any help or direction that anyone can provide would be appreciated. In earlier versions, called "shortcut" menus. Right click on menu bar, select customise, show "shortcut menus" tollbar, select "custom". don't know if that tollbar has changed in 2007. (david) "Jerry Sheldon" <JerrySheldon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7431915F-33FF-4534-B5B4-C5E6F...

Access 2007 Runtime 10-30-07
1. Can I distribute Accees 2003 applications using Access 2007 runtime? 2. Do I also need the runtime extensions? 3. Will installing the Access 2007 runtime and extensions affect my current Access 2003 (full version) software, already installed? ...

Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both
Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both 2 spreadsheets - Sheet 1 is bigger with extra names in column B & C Lastname Firstname Both - Column B & C Lastname Firstname - both sheets Sheet 1 has data in Col. D & E Sheet 2 has data in Col. F & G Sheet 1 has extra names not in Sheet 2 If Sheet 1 B&C = Sheet 2 B&C , then add F&G columns from sheet 2 , behind D& E columns on sheet 1 , for the match of names in Column B & C Thanks kerns.walter@epa.gov On Nov 13, 12:50 pm, wk <kerns.wal...@epa.gov> wrote: > Combine 2 rows if name...

Date/Time Displayed as 07/tt/jjjj
Hi, I'm new with MS CRM and just testing it. I have a prob with all date/time fields like described in the subject of this post. Timezone is set for all users Problem occurs in all date/time fields in the web application Anyone has a clue? Regards Jan As Administrator, go to Home > Settings > there is an area in there (can't remember what its called) that enable you to change default date/time format "JanScheider" <JanScheider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1F22171-AEDC-4222-A8CE-3E333B0576CA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'...

Works in 2003 but not 2007
When I reference the below function in 2003 I get function displayed... now in 2007 I get #NAME? Any idea what I need to change/set in 2007 so it will run this function? Function formulaText(x As Range) 'returns the text equivalent of formula in upper left cell in range x 'example: =formulatext(a1) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet 'example: =formulatext(a1:b5) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet formulaText = x.Cells(1, 1).Formula End Function Thanks, Mark Mark, It works fine for me. Are you stored in a stan...

Open web page from Word 2007
I have the following code to open a web page: Dim IE Set IE = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application") mySTR = "http://MyWebPage" IE.Navigate mySTR The code works if I run it from vba - it opens the page on top of Word. But if I assign it to a QAT or Ribbon button, it opens the page but leaves it minimized. How can I get it to open on top of Word? ...

Using a variable for a chart limit
Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Vince F Hi, See Jon's information http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy Vince F wrote: > Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell > reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, > but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Andy Pop...

Filtering a column to exclude any repeated entries.
Hi, I am working on a column that has the same entries 2 or more times. Is there a way (copy-paste or other) to get only unique entries from this column (that is to exclude repeated entries)? Any help apprieciated, Thank you. If you go to Data/Filters/Advanced Filters there is a box at the bottom left that you can tick to return unique entries only. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I am working on a column that has the same entries 2 or more times. Is there >a way (copy-paste or other) to get only unique entries from this >column (that is to exclude repeated...

How do you display a dialog on startup?
If you want to display a modal (or modeless) dialog when your MFC application first starts up, where do you put it? (This would be a login or an informational dialog that appears on top of the main window.) I tried putting it in the OnInitialUpdate() method in my CView-derived class, but I get asserts. Thanks. In InitInstance of your app(or OnCreate of your mainwindow), you could post a custom message to your mainframe. In its handler, show the dialog. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Edward W" <EdwardW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

unable to display inbox folder due to "invalid handle"???
Ran a scandisk that identified a couple of cluster problems, and allowed the computer to fix the problems identified . Since then, whenever trying to access email in OUTLOOK, we get the following message: "Unable to display the foler. The file c:\windows\localsettings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed. The handle is invalid." What is going on? ...

Excel (Office Home & Student 2007)
Question 1. Can I have an Excel Spreadsheet sort alphabetically? How? Question 2. Does anyone know where the updates are for Office? Thanks in advance. Dave __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5046 (20100421) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Please see "Sort" and "Updates" in Excel Help. Either press F1 or click on the little white and blue question mark in the upper right corner. David Dyke wrote: > Question 1. Can I have an Excel Spr...

Calender display
Can some one assist me? I would like to temporarely display the calender and select the date in a form and capture the desired date. I am a novice at this Charles -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200711/1 If you'd like to only have the calendar appear when you need to pick a date, you can use this routine. YourTextBoxName is the name of the box that will hold the date YourCalendarName is the name of your calendar. First, place the calendar where you want it to appear on the form. Next, select the calendar and goto ...

compare two columns with different ranges in two worksheets
I need to compare two columns of data in two different worksheets and display a third one. Here it is an example: -(worksheet1!A1:A10), (worksheet1!B1:B10) and (whorksheet2!C1:C25) -this is my query, if C5 is already in (A1:A10) I want to display B5 in worksheet2!D5 I think it is tricky because you need to identity which row in the A1:A10 is equal to C5 to display B5 and the range are different. you could save my day chris90 In worksheet2!D1: =if(isna(vlookup(C1, worksheet1!$A$1:$B$10, 2, 0)), "", vlookup(C1, worksheet1!$A$1:$B$10, 2, 0)) HTH Kostis Vezerides brilliant, ma...

Manual for beginners -- Charts with Excel
You may find useful a training manual I wrote for making charts in Excel. The manual is for beginners to intermediate users. [So, no VBA and dynamic ranges and stuff]. Great for teaching college students or self-mastering the Excel Charts facility. In any case, the book is free at http://www.vgupta.com VJ ...