2007 Table Linked Charts - Limit Data Source Range?

I have a dataset with monthly data over several years.

I want to chart only the current calendar year's monthly data, and
have the chart update automatically as each of the newest month's data
is added.

One solution is to hide the prior years' monthly data rows in the
table which removes them from the chart.  This limits other charts
that might be linked to the same table where they chart the whole or
an earlier date range of the dataset.

Linking tables doesn't work since the mirroring tables don't auto
update as a new month is entered.

Has anyone developed a better solution or can suggest one?

0
Bob

Have a look at Jon Peltier's example on plotting the last 12 months.   That
should give you some ideas.

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynoLast12
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.

"Bob@1800-mail.com" wrote:

> I have a dataset with monthly data over several years.
>
> I want to chart only the current calendar year's monthly data, and
> have the chart update automatically as each of the newest month's data
> is added.
>
> One solution is to hide the prior years' monthly data rows in the
> table which removes them from the chart.  This limits other charts
> that might be linked to the same table where they chart the whole or
> an earlier date range of the dataset.
>
> Linking tables doesn't work since the mirroring tables don't auto
> update as a new month is entered.
>
> Has anyone developed a better solution or can suggest one?

Reporting from Project Server

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Linking files 2 ways

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Pulling data from separate tabs

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

Problem with Range

data sort

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Pivot Table Question #5

predict future data

Status in table PurchaseOrderEntryDetail
Hello, We're trying to populate serial # into the PurchaseOrderEntryDetail table and run across the column 'Status'. What are the possible values for Status column in this table? Most of the time we see status of '2'. What does that mean? Please help. Many Thanks & Best Regards, Nikki ...

outlook 2007 e-mail

Table of Contents for each section
I have tried several times to create a TOC for each section of my document. They way it is now I can simply go to the Insert a TOC and it will insert e perfect TOC. All my text has been changed to the appropriate Level and I have no problem there. But I need to seperate the chapters to the start of their respective sections (I have next page breaks inserted at the start of every chapter). I have tried the bookmark method, no luck. I have tried other methods but I think my problem is that I have selected the appropriate fields and changed their levels appropriately. I have not mes...

form fields not saving to table