2 unequal sets of data charted on secondary and primary axis

I have 2 sets of data (order qty and forecast qty) that I would like
to chart on a line graph.  x-axis by month, y-axis by quantity.  The
forecast qty line would run along the entire x-axis for the 12 months.
 However, the order qty line would only be filled in at the end of
each month.  For example in May, the order qty line would only show
data for qty order Jan - May.  The forecast line would extend from Jan
- Dec.

Problem:
The order qty line would display "0" for months June-December.  This
causes the trend line to be skewed when compared to just charting both
lines from Jan - May.  Is there a way to have the forecast line for
the entire year and the order qty line only display display a partial
trend line that will extend automatically when inserted into the data
table.

Hamilton

Hamilton -

Use dynamic ranges to chart the data. This way, there are no zeros in
the actual data. For examples and links:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

hamking wrote:

> I have 2 sets of data (order qty and forecast qty) that I would like
> to chart on a line graph.  x-axis by month, y-axis by quantity.  The
> forecast qty line would run along the entire x-axis for the 12 months.
>  However, the order qty line would only be filled in at the end of
> each month.  For example in May, the order qty line would only show
> data for qty order Jan - May.  The forecast line would extend from Jan
> - Dec.
>
> Problem:
> The order qty line would display "0" for months June-December.  This
> causes the trend line to be skewed when compared to just charting both
> lines from Jan - May.  Is there a way to have the forecast line for
> the entire year and the order qty line only display display a partial
> trend line that will extend automatically when inserted into the data
> table.
>
> Hamilton

0
DOjonNOT (619)

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Linking files 2 ways

More Columns #2

Contacts in Exchange #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

data sort

Goal Seek #2

Pulling data from separate tabs

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

Formula for cross tab data filling

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

Help with importing data

predict future data

Terminal Server and GP Settings
Not being a Windows Terminal Server expert by any definition, I have a question for somebody who is. When wanting to have a user profile to store individual dex.ini files, my understanding is that each user would have his own Windows folder under their user folder. Additionally, if you typed SET at a command prompt, the settings for WINDIR would point to that user-specific Windows folder. Is this thinking correct? -- Charles Allen, MVP I think you also have to make certain that the dex.ini does NOT exist in the program install location for GP or it will still look to that. Dwight...

COUNTIF MULTIPLE CRITERIA #2
To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. Thanks will A Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="aa"),--(B1:B10="bb"),--(C1:C10="cc")) Adjust range references to suit your situation Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "will A" wrote: > To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. > Thanks > will A =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="aa"),--(B1:B1000="bb"),--(C1:c1000="cc")) SUMPRODUCT does not work on a complete column, just a defined range, and all ranges must b...

Reference / Copy Dynamic Data
Have a worksheet listing products and prices for numerous suppliers. eg.: Supplier--Product---Price ABC-------apple-----1.00 ABC-------orange----1.20 XYZ-------brick-----3.40 XYZ-------cement----0.80 This worksheet will change often. What I would like is to reference this information on other worksheets. I would also split the info onto a worksheet for each supplier. Therefore i will have a worksheet for ABC and for XYZ, and the info in these worksheets will change as the main "index" worksheet changes. eg. Worksheet ABC contains: Product---Price apple-----1.00 orange----1.20 ...