2 seperated cluster of bars on 1 bar graph?

I would like to have the data for the moths of 2004 and then the same months
for 2005 on  the one bar graph BUT all 2004 together on say the left of the
X-axis and then a space and the 2005 group clustered on the right of the
x-axis. is that possible?
Mike
0
MikeROz (103)

OK - I have got the seperation I needed by reworking the data so that the
2004 months are all together(before each 2004 month had its 2005 partner next
to it) and then having a blank column followed by the months 2005 data. BUT
how can I het the same colour for the month in 2004 and 2005 the same ?i.e
november 2004 and 2005 say red , December 2004 and Decmber 2005 Green etc?
Mike

"MikeR-Oz" wrote:

> I would like to have the data for the months of 2004 and then the same months
> for 2005 on  the one bar graph BUT all 2004 together on say the left of the
> X-axis and then a space and the 2005 group clustered on the right of the
> x-axis. is that possible?
> Mike
0
MikeROz (103)
1/2/2006 8:57:02 PM
Hi,

If your months are in rows and the in next 2 columns contain the monthly
data for each year you should be able to create the chart you describe
by selecting the data and creating a column chart with the chart wizard.
At the 2nd step of 4 choose 'Series in Rows' option to get 2004 and 2005
columns grouped together.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Another idea is to have each individual district displayed with a bar/column
graph reflecting 2005 and a line graph overlaying the bar graph with the 2004
data. Is that possible?

Thanks
Mie

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If your months are in rows and the in next 2 columns contain the monthly
> data for each year you should be able to create the chart you describe
> by selecting the data and creating a column chart with the chart wizard.
> At the 2nd step of 4 choose 'Series in Rows' option to get 2004 and 2005
> columns grouped together.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> MikeR-Oz wrote:
> > I would like to have the data for the moths of 2004 and then the same months
> > for 2005 on  the one bar graph BUT all 2004 together on say the left of the
> > X-axis and then a space and the 2005 group clustered on the right of the
> > x-axis. is that possible?
> > Mike
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
MikeROz (103)

Advance Security #2
I'm using GP 7.0 on a Citrix Server When I try to user Advance Security it's telling me that some one else is using it and no one is using Advance Security. How can I fix this problem? Also at times while using Advance Security I will get log out of GP. Do anyone know why this happens? Thanks, Try this: Great Plains/Great Plains Standard on Microsoft SQL Server/MSDE 1. Make a backup of the DYNAMICS database. 2. Execute the following script in Query Analyzer or the Support Administrator Console: Delete DYNAMICS..SY00801 "KBrown" wrote: > I'm using GP ...

How do I get rid of header/footer on page 2 of document?
the help menu says to click on header/footer, then toggle to new, then highlight text you want to get rid of, then hit delete key. I did that but all the header/footers throughout the document got deleted. How do I get to keep only the header/footer on page 1? TIA Fay Please see reply to your previous duplicate question. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Fay Zeller" <fayzee@optonline.net> wrote in message news:4b16f1f1$0$31281$607ed4bc@cv.net... > the help menu says to click...

Thin Title Bar
[Reposted from pocketpc.developer] I'm using this: LPCTSTR cls = AfxRegisterWndClass(0,0,0,0); CWnd::Create(cls, _T("Colors"), WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | WS_CAPTION, rect, pParentWnd, 0); to create my tool palette window. It works well, but I'd like to have a caption bar that's about half of the normal height. Is this possible, and if so, how do I implement this? Thanks! - Pete AirPete wrote: > [Reposted from pocketpc.developer] > > I'm using this: > LPCTSTR cls = AfxRegisterWndClass(0,0,0,0); > CWnd::Create(cls, _T("Colors"), W...

Badmail folder #2
Please can somebody tell me how to read the bounced email in the badmail folder, I have tried associating them with outlook and they mail messages are just empty, I have even tried renaming to .eml. There are three different extension, which one should I be looking at for email incomming to a bad address, thank you You should be able to open these files in Notepad and check the email header Regards. Philip wrote: > Please can somebody tell me how to read the bounced email > in the badmail folder, I have tried associating them with > outlook and they mail messages are just e...

Outlook 2003
Here's the problem: Every tiem I open Outlook it displays an error message that my Exchange server is unavailable. What I know: I know the Exchange server is up & running without any problems. The desktop computer is on the network and can browse and ping different devices. DNS is resolving names properly. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? ...

2 questions regarding count formula
If I have the following data A B C 1 Personnel group type p't number 2 Melinda 1 4 3 Sean 1 5 4 Melinda 1 6 5 Sean 2 30 6 Fay 3 8 7 Melinda 1 32 1. How shall I contruct my formula to count the number of data that satisfy the following criteria: 1. personnel is Melinda 2. group type is 1 3. ...

how I can sum or subtract 2 or 3 field in access in any record
hi I want know that why there is NOT any relationship between access and excel and how I can sum and subtract 2 or 3 filds in access in any record thanks hadi_khodaparast@yahoo.com Hello Hadi - I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but Excel is *not* a 'front end' for an Access database. You can use Excel to query the db & copy Access data into a workbook in several ways. That copy of the data can be used for calculations, but the data *doesn't* get changed in the Access file. Although the modified results can be imported to Access it may very well be t...

Showing one figure as a proportion of another in a bar graph
Hi, I have a table with three lines for every month of the year: one line showing the total we billed in the month, the other showing our total expenditure and a final showing profit. I want to use the table to create a bar graph that for each month shows the total billed and the the total paid out in the same bar. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks Karl Hi Karl, Sounds like what you want is a Stacked Column chart. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Karl" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a table with three lines for every month of the year: one line > showing th...

sheet 1 in my spreadsheet is green. What have I done?
Only the first sheet of my spreadsheet file (4pages) has gone green. I'm not sure what I have done and tried the formatting and the fill options and can't seem to find what the problem is. The cell lines are visible through the colour, but I have not made changes to the background either...does anyone know what could be the problem??? ...

comparing componants of tables #2
I cannot easily compare data elements of comparative data. Here's what I mean, john smith bill jones mary Dee observation 1 observation 2 observation 1 observation 2 observation 1 observation 2 weight 160 155 128 119 120 129 belt size 40 38 29 28 25 26 shoe size 12 11 8 9 8 9 But, I ha...

My (final) 2 cents on continuous form design
Some days ago I started a thread on this forum regarding the design of a continuous form to be used to show all of the records filled in a table and giving the possibility to the user to select each row and perform action on the record (mine is retrieving all of the information from the record and use them to fill another form where the data can be edited). This can be easily accomplished through regular continuous form but I stated few requirements: a) the form should be unbound and the data should be not editable; b) I hate having that crappy effect of all the text selected whe...

Operation Failed! #2
Hello, Using Outlook 2002 and when attempting to Send/Receive mail I get an immediate error message saying "Operation Failed!" There's no attempt by the program, no timing out - the error msg. pops up immediately. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the mail account to no avail. I'm stumped! Please help... Thanks in advance! -Lee Create a completely new profile to see if that solves the issue and also suggest running a Detect and Repair on the program. If neither issues work create a new .ost file by doing a search and renaming it to .ost1 or something to ...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re_=96_GGVT_Excel_and_Engineering_Application?=
Re � GGVT Excel and Engineering Application 1. A series of piping line nos. is listed as follows :- Line no. 25-UA-4401-1141 Line no. 50-PD-3218-6143 Line no. 50-VL-2210-1149 Line no. 80-SW-4020-1706 Line no. 100-DH-2855-1143 Line no. 100-IA-4304-1143 Line no. 150-PG-1438-6143 Line no. 150-VA-2500-1143 Line no. 250-PL-1250-6143 2. The line nos. are characterized by the service identifiers (namely, UA, PD, VL, SW, DH, IA, PG, VA and PL). 3. How could the line nos. be sorted according to the service identifiers in an alphabetical order ? There's a lot more line nos. to do than being pres...

Outlook 2003 very slow #2
Several people in my office including myself have upgraded to Office 2003 over the last several weeks. Many of us have begun experiencing performance problems. For example, I will click on another message in order to view it in the task pane, and then Outlook will sit there for ages before it gets displayed. The larger the message (including attachments), the worse the problem. However, even a message that is small with only a 100KB attachment seems to take 20-30 seconds to respond... this was never the case before. Also deleting a message takes ages. I checked the Exchange 2000 SP3 server th...

Comparing 2 Lists
Lets say that I have a Sales Forecast list with Customer Name and Sale Status columns. The number of registries in this list changes every da (some new sales opportunities are created and some are deleted). Questions are: 1) How can I create a report to compare two days in order to know whic registries have been added and/or deleted? 2) If I want to know if a Sales Status have changed from one day t another, what is the best way to do it? Tks!! -- inomat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- inomata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

Business Portal 2.5 #3
Receive error: The Business Portal data in the database you selected is not compatible with this version of the Business Portal. You must select a different database before continuing Hi What version of Great Plains are you using? -- Regards James[MVP] Visit MBS Blog Central http://mbscentral.blogs.com "thebigo9" <thebigo9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:491CA957-2C6C-4440-BFD6-CACE94C06584@microsoft.com... > Receive error: The Business Portal data in the database you selected is > not > compatible with this version of the Business Portal. Yo...

Creating users with ADC / Exchange 5.5 #2
I installed the ADC on my DC and created all connection agreements. Now I can go into ADUC and create new users, but I don't see a mailbox being created for a user. Should that happen? If so, how long should it take? I tried sending an email to the user I created and the mailbox isn't found. Also, there are no Exchange tabs for the users name. ...

Archive file size #2
Yesterday, I decided to split my archive file that is around 1.2gb size. So I created a new archive file (old archive.pst), and archived archive.pst to that. It all seemed to work, but the size of the original file is to all intents and purposes the same! How can that be? I thought archiving MOVED the files rather than copying them. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to reduce the size of my original archive file? Many thanks rdc You need to compact the PST file after removing items out of it. This is done by right clicking on the top folder ("personal folders&q...

Purchase Order Approvals #2
If you access an Approved Purchase Order and change ANYTHING in the window, such as the Comments, the status of the Purchase Order switches back to Unapproved. Only changes affecting the document Total should switch the status back to Unapproved. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree...

Excel spread sheet #2
Every time I open ANY excel document on this CP it displays each individual cell as a page.......how do I change this setting? Moving each page break takes too long abd does not alway work. Hi try this macro to remove them all at once: Sub remove_them() ActiveSheet.ResetAllPageBreaks End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "dlam25mmm" <dlam25mmm@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:94BDFE5F-6CB2-4717-BE90-14A4245E0023@microsoft.com... > Every time I open ANY excel document on this CP it displays each individual > cell as a page.......how d...

Adding Lines Onto Charts #2
Hi, Thanks for the reply, Unfortunatley, this technique wont work with the way I have the graph laid out. It wipes out the layout of the bottom axis. Does anyone have any other idea's please? Thanks in advance Darrell... -- q582gmzh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- q582gmzhi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1136 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26950 Hi, You can use an additional data series with error bars to draw the dividers. Using you example workbook put t...

Outlook 2K3, 1 SMTP acct, 1 Exchange Acct
So, I would like to configure outlook on my home pc to check my personal SMTP account as well as my work Exchange account. I can set them up in tandum fine but they all get dumped to the same inbox, and what's worse it it's not leaving my work emails on the exhange server as I would like. I could setup a filter based on To: to put emails into different folders but that doesn't really work across the board (BCC:, etc.). I would have thought the default behavior would be to have two Inbox folders under the different "Mailbox" expandable navigation menus in Outlook and p...

1 drive with 2 device IDs causing corruption
I have a drive which has been Z: for eons and has recently had G: assigned as well. I reformatted the drive, added as Z: again and still G: is defined. I'm getting corruption on indices (even though indexing is turned off for the drive as Z:). Ping ponging between chkdsk /f for the two IDs settles down to no errors but then a reboot and it's back... XP Pro, SP3, what else would help the experts? Did you remove G and Z and then reset as Z again.? Neil "Le" <Le@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF3628FC-88EF-4C13-9629-72CF7A0E2E42@micro...

Set Increment on Spin Button to 0.1
I'm using a spin button from the control toolbar to increase the value in a cell. the min value i want is 0 the maximum is 2 but i want it to increase by 0.1 in the properties this doesn't seem to be allowed help!!!! Thanx Mark Mark, Here is one way. Link your spinbutton to an unused cell (I use) A15. Set the max to 20. Then in code, set the real cell's value like so Private Sub SpinButton1_SpinUp() Range("A16").Value = Range("A15").Value / 10 End Sub Private Sub SpinButton1_SpinDown() Range("A16").Value = Range("A15").Valu...

repeat data as seperate tables
Hi, Does anyone have a solution for a problem i'm strugling with? I would like to repeat some data from a collection of objects. Using a DataList while generate 1 table as a result. However, I would the output to be a seperate table for each repeated item. Can this be done? Thanx John On Nov 26, 1:27=A0pm, "John Devlon" <johndev...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone have a solution for a problem i'm strugling with? > > I would like to repeat some data from a collection of objects. > Using a DataList while genera...