2 pivot tables on one tab

Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook? 
Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart Capital 
Pircahses?  I have 5 coums and 4 rows.  The rows are per division, and the 
columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, depreciation & 
purchase price.  I already have one pivot table in my report.  Would this be 
too repeatative?
Thanks
0
Pam1 (264)
10/14/2008 4:21:02 PM
excel.charting 18370 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
1018 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 20

You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is 
based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some 
distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table can then be pivoted based on 
different criteria.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
_______


"Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:F77F19A1-5652-4F6C-89D7-E893D258E886@microsoft.com...
> Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook?
> Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart 
> Capital
> Pircahses?  I have 5 coums and 4 rows.  The rows are per division, and the
> columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, 
> depreciation &
> purchase price.  I already have one pivot table in my report.  Would this 
> be
> too repeatative?
> Thanks 


0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
10/14/2008 6:03:37 PM
My second table ios not based on the same information.  Once I copy and paste 
the pivot table, can I change where the information is coming from?  won't 
that change both the tables?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is 
> based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some 
> distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table can then be pivoted based on 
> different criteria.
> 
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
> 
> 
> "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:F77F19A1-5652-4F6C-89D7-E893D258E886@microsoft.com...
> > Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook?
> > Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart 
> > Capital
> > Pircahses?  I have 5 coums and 4 rows.  The rows are per division, and the
> > columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, 
> > depreciation &
> > purchase price.  I already have one pivot table in my report.  Would this 
> > be
> > too repeatative?
> > Thanks 
> 
> 
> 
0
Pam1 (264)
10/14/2008 7:11:02 PM
Hi Pam,

you can do it either way.  Maybe the easiest for your case:
1. Create the first pivot table from the 1st data set
2. Select the second data set and go through to the 3rd step of the wizard
a. If the data for this second table comes from the same sheet where the 
first pivot table is just indicate that you want the pivot table in an 
Existing worksheet and then indicate the cell.
b. If the data for this second pt comes from a different sheet, just 
indicate that you want the pivot table in an Existing worksheet and then 
click the tab of that sheet and then the cell in that sheet where you want to 
place it.

Alternatively,  Create the two pivot tables on their own sheets.  Then 
select one of the pivot tables and choose Cut, move to the other sheet and 
choose Paste.

There are other ways as well.
-- 
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire


"Pam" wrote:

> My second table ios not based on the same information.  Once I copy and paste 
> the pivot table, can I change where the information is coming from?  won't 
> that change both the tables?
> 
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
> 
> > You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is 
> > based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some 
> > distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table can then be pivoted based on 
> > different criteria.
> > 
> > - Jon
> > -------
> > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> > Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> > Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
> > _______
> > 
> > 
> > "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:F77F19A1-5652-4F6C-89D7-E893D258E886@microsoft.com...
> > > Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook?
> > > Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart 
> > > Capital
> > > Pircahses?  I have 5 coums and 4 rows.  The rows are per division, and the
> > > columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, 
> > > depreciation &
> > > purchase price.  I already have one pivot table in my report.  Would this 
> > > be
> > > too repeatative?
> > > Thanks 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
10/14/2008 8:54:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

automaticaly create a variable sized table from user input
Hi, How can I user data input to a cell by a user to create a table with that number of rows. eg. User enters 1024 in B2 165 in B3 12.5 in B4 A10 would contain 1, B10 would contain =B3+(A10*$B$4) A11 would contain 2, B11 would contain =B3+(A11*$B$4) etc to 1024 The user entered number in B2 could be any whole number between 1 and 1024 Thanks, Iain I could make this better but other things to do right now so try this. Uncomment the last line to remove the formula and just leave the values. Sub makeformula() Range("a10") = 1 Range("b10").Formula = "=B3+(A10*$B$4)...

Problems with creating a newsletter
I chose the form "Newsletter - email". I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do this? Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send it as email? That is not one of the options. Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Markis www.adreamforabetterworld.com ...

Meeting updates #2
My users cannot update meetings created when they were on the old email server. I have noticed that the old string is still mapped to the meeting. e.g x400;c=us;a= ;p=Org name;o=exchagne;s=Lastname;g=firstname; Take a look at the following article: 275134 XADM: Cannot Reply to Messages That Are Sent from a User Account That http://support.microsoft.com/?id=275134 The same thing applies to meetings. How did you move them and what version(s) of Exchange? Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2
As my SQL server is currently on its last breath I am in the process of moving our CRM 1.2 databases to a new dedicated serever. I have detatched the databases from the old server, copied the files to the server and attached them. I have then gone into CRM deployment manager and changed to the SQL server to the new server. That all appears to work fine, no error messages. But when users try to access the CRM system they get an error and the CRM server event log fills with error messages. A few are listed below: dmLog: Failed to execute the SQL batch in the file sqlbatch.sql. MSCRM P...

How do you turn off/on the "1" or "2" or "+" or "-" view hide/unh.
What is or how do you control, turn on/off the small "1" "2" or "+" "-" hide/unhide view buttons right above the "A" cell? Sometimes shows when I hide columns. Hi 'Data - Goup/Outline' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Seth wrote: > What is or how do you control, turn on/off the small "1" "2" or "+" > "-" hide/unhide view buttons right above the "A" cell? Sometimes > shows when I hide columns. You can toggle them to hide or display with <Ctrl> <8> Usi...

Trouble with Tab Control
I have a form in which i have a tab on it. The problem is the tab appears white and I would like to show the background behind it. I saw in the properties there was a section to make it "transparent" or "normal" i've selected botha nd nothing changes. Any ideas on how to solve this. thanks On Jan 25, 9:32 am, tsla...@gmail.com wrote: > I have a form in which i have a tab on it. The problem is the tab > appears white and I would like to show the background behind it. I > saw in the properties there was a section to make it "transparent" or > ...

Steps to Share Outlook on 2 different drives
This is a problem created by a dual boot of XPPSP2 on one drive C:\ and Vista on another drive E:\ that I use to format for new builds of Vista on the same box. I want to take my Outlook 2003 in box and folders on two different drives on one box and combine them so that all the emails go to one account and all the folders can be shared or used on each drive. I want to do the same with Outlook Express as well, and since this is an *Outlook newsgroup, I'll just take what I learn here and apply it to the ..dbx folder(s) in it. The idea is to receive email on both drives in one in one...

printing 2 charts on single page
Using Excel 2k, Win 2k I was trying to print to line charts on a single page to demonstrate the corelation between the two data sets. I would like to print in portait mode with one chart on top of page and one on bottom. Excel only seems to offer putting chart 2 on a separate page or embedding it in chart one. I am not very familiar with excel charting capabilites can anyone suggest a resorce? Thanks ...

OWA jumping mouse
I have two computers on my network that are having an interesting issue. When they are creating a message and typing away in the body of the message, randomly when they hit a key, any key, they system will act as if the mouse was clicked. If the mouse is over the send button, it would have sent the email. If the mouse was over the start button, the start menu would have come up. Where ever the mouse was left at, it will act as if it was clicked. It is very random but often. This only happens in OWA, not in outlook or any other place. Both systems are running XP pro SP2 with IE 6 SP2. ...

PA Misc. Log Tables
Hi, How can I find the difference between Billed and Un-billed Miscelleneous Logs? Where Can I see Un-billed Misc. Logs and which tables. Hari I have a spreadsheet with the PA tables listed in it. Send an email message to charles.zarzour@intergraph.com and I will send you the spreadsheet. I do an excel spreadsheet for each Dictionary. Makes it easy to lookup tables. "Hari" wrote: > Hi, > How can I find the difference between Billed and Un-billed Miscelleneous > Logs? > Where Can I see Un-billed Misc. Logs and which tables. > > Hari > > Can I ...

Offline folder problems #2
Hi Guys, Basically I installed Outlook 97 on my office PC which is connect to microsoft exchange server. For some reason all of my messages were copied into offline folders, this causes a problem, whenever I open up outlook I get this message. Upload of offline changes could not be completed you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or see your system administrator. I do not administrator access on my user profile, every time I open outlook it resets everything I have changed (view etc) and gives that error message. How ...

Macro for Sharepoint List and another Table?? Same # records?
I am creating a database which we have a form made up of prepopulated data (from a sharepoint list) and also data input needed by a user (for example, comments, etc.). I have two tables: one sharepoint list that is linked to sharepoint website and another table that houses the additional user inputs [table 2]. I have linked the files based on the primary key. So, every record in my table 2 has a plus sign and it will expand and you will see the linked data from the sharepoint list. Is there a way that I can automatically create a record for every corresponding record ...

visual basic
Hi, I trying to retrieve values from a table to calculate the 14days average value of a stock closing price. However, i encounter some problem as stated beside the code as follows: Function DaysAvgs() 'Calculate the average value of a given value. Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim varBookmark As Variant Dim numAve, numDaysAvg As Double Dim intA, intB, lngCount As Integer Set db = CurrentDb 'Open Table Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("SGX Individual Historical", dbOpenTable) rst.MoveFirst Do While Not rst.EOF intA = 1 intB = 0 varBookmark = rst.Bookmark n...

changing values of one field based on another
How can I best change the values of one field in a table based on values of another field of the same table. We have an existing table of thousands of entries and I would like to use the following logic to populate a new boolean field. If field1 = "Done" Then BooleanFieldCompleted = True I have some Excel VBA experience but limited Access. I dont want to do this manually! Any assistance appreciated. In general, you'd use an Update query. However, in this case I don't see why you'd need such a field. Why not just create a query with a computed field that returns True...

Receiving Transaction Entry #2
I went into Receiving Transaction Entry to record the receipt of an item. The invoiced price did not agree with the purchase order. I had to add Shipping and adjust the provincial tax. I went to the proper screen to over-ride the calculated tax and the system told me that I couldn't do that because I had not filled in all the BOLD, RED areas. At that point I wanted to close down that screen, but the system would not let me do that either. I could minimize the screen and then I could also see that there wasn't any required information that had not be entered. The only way I c...

Opening pub files created with older Publisher versions #2
I have just upgraded to Publisher 2003 from 2000 and am having trouble with pub files sent to me for our chuch newsletter which is using Publisher 97 The text is not wrapping around graphics boxes. Can I fix this? I really don't want to go back to Pub 200 Thank Richard this is caused by Publisher 97 not been printer independent. Even if you went back to Publisher 2000, unless you have the identical font versions and printer driver you would have issues with formatting. It sounds like the person sending you the file has a garbage HP inkjet printer. Get them to install the HP5P laser p...

Associating Multiple Existing Contacts to an Account, Until CRM 2.x
I have racked my pea-sized brain for endless days for a way to associate multiple existing contacts (or accounts) to an account. My client has accounts that have many contacts (or accounts) involved at different stages of acquiring a new account. The logical method would be to add a custom attribute with lookup functionality into the existing CRM contact or account objects but this is not possible with CRM 1.x. The resulting UI would allow an end user to associate different contacts (or accounts) to an account. Example: Account: ABC - AccountPhysician: (existing account or con...

Copying Data in a cell in one sheet to a cell in another sheet
I've run into a problem trying to copy data from a cell in one sheet to another. I have a spreadsheet called "rating" which contains a number of formula that calculates a final number. I also have a spreadsheet called "Final" that copies over the information from "Rating". In "Final", I'm trying to copy a number from "Rating" into a particular cell. I put in =Rating! G89, but it won't work. When I press enter, a window pops up "Update value:Rating". I press enter again and in the cell where I want the number ...

VCard issue #2
This is a weird problem, but when I send a vcard to someone, it shows up in my sent items as a vcf file, and has a vcard icon on it, but when the recipient gets the VCard, it shows up as msg file, with an envelope icon as the attachment. When I open it, nothing is there - it's empty. I can't find anything regarding this problem on google or MS's website. Anybody have any ideas? Is it a problem with Outlook? Do I need to do a detect and repair, a reinstallation? Thanks for your help! Does the same happen when you send a message to yourself? Is he/she able to see it w...

Some Excel formatting functions taking a long time to work #2
Excel 2000 SP3 When I use some formatting functions for the first time in a session, such as bold, increasing font size etc, it takes up to 30 seconds to work. Meantime Excel is locked up until it completes that formatting call. I suspect faulty DLL? Has anyone experienced this? How to fix (other than a complete re- install) ? Any advice appreciated. Piri On Nov 5, 8:39=A0am, Piri <wiremu.pare...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Excel 2000 SP3 > When I use some formatting functions for the first time in a > session, such as bold, increasing font size etc, it takes =A0up to 30 > secon...

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server
Hi, We're trying to go with 2 seperate 2003 domains, but with only one Exchange 2003 Server. What would be needed for the domain that the Exchange server is not in to access e-mail? We've contemplated having those users use OWA, but would really like them to be able to use Outlook 2003. We're a school district and want to segregate the kids domain from the administration domain, but only have funding for one Exchnage server. Any ideas\help will be appreciated. TIA. Hi, This should explain what it requires: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=278888 Leif "tj woo...

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2
I have an excel file that the size will varry. I need a macro that will check all the fields for a comma. If there is one I would like to get rid of it. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I have no idea and I have been assigned this task. Help --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ No macro required. ctrl-H for find/replace. find , replace nothing (leave the replace field blank). You can of course record that within a macro if you wish. Drabbacs >-----Original Message----- >I have an excel file that the size will varry. I need a macro that will >check ...

how do I import my contacts from IncrediMail 2.0 to MOutlook2007
I am new to using microsoft outlook 2007 and am searching for a way to upload my contact list, from Incredimail 2.0 to Outlook 2007. Any help would be definitely appreciated, thanks! How do I save my IncrediMail Address Book and move it to a different location? http://help.incredimail.com/incredimail/help_center/help_article.aspx?is=t&article_id=67&lang_id=9 In Outlook - File --> Import and Export ... import the CSV file created via process noted above Karl -- ____________________________________________________________ Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group Co...

Money 2004 Debt Planner #2
When trying to add a loan to the debt planner, Money keeps telling me that I am 6 months past due on this particular loan. In reality, I have made consistent entries for each month's payment. This is making it really difficult to use the debt planner! What do I need to do? ...

Indirect Method for Name Box Variable? #2
DARN The reason I want to do this is that I have to collect data on a dail basis but I have to display it on a graph on a weekly basis. I select the entire week of cells and give it a name like week52. The following week I have to select the entire week and name i week53. Everything is set up that I can just copy and the numbers will progres for whatever length of time I need to graph (months, years, etc) excep this. Maybe I'll just go back to using the range of cell numbers. Thanks guys -- Chris Brenna ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Chris Bre...