2 chart types within a graph

I have a chart with three data series. Two of them I want to stack together,
and a third to stand on its own. When I select the data series that I want to
stack, it stacks all three data ranges, even though I've only selected one
data series, not all of them. I can't figure out how to do this.

I made a stacked column chart of this data
Where	x	y	z
a	1	4	4
b	2	5	5
c	3	6	6
d	4	7	7
Then I right clicked the z data series on the chart, selected Chart Type and
made it a Line
Worked just fine. It works for any of the three data series - not just the
top one.
Let us know if it works for you. What version of Excel are you using?
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a chart with three data series. Two of them I want to stack
> together,
> and a third to stand on its own. When I select the data series that I want
> stack, it stacks all three data ranges, even though I've only selected one
> data series, not all of them. I can't figure out how to do this.

0
Bernard

Running a Macro from within another macro
Is there a way of calling a macro from within another macro? Example Sub Button1_Click() For a = 1 To 10000 Range("A1") . Value = a Next a ' Would now like to run the macro which is behind Su Button2_Click() End Su -- grahamma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- grahammal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2033 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47878 Yes, put the name of the macro within your macro Sub MyMacro1() MyMacro2 End Sub Regards, Peo Sjoblom "g...

copy/move sheets within workbook
When I try to copy sheets in a workbook to another sheet in the same workbook I get the following error message: A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aa', which already exists on the destination worksheet. This repeats many, many times until it ends with something like 'zzzzzzzzzzz'. How can I preclude this from happening? I don't have any named ranges in the sheet/workbook that this occurs in. Has anyone seen this? >>I don't have any | named ranges in the sheet/workbook that this occurs in. Yet Excel thinks you do. Grab the N...

3d line charts cause Excel 2007 to crash
This is more of a bug report than a question (I've not been able to find a standard place to report bugs in Office 2007, the Connect site is for developer products such as Visual Studio etc). 3d line charts which work perfectly well on a pc with Excel 2003 cause Excel 2007 to hang when opened on my Vista pc with Excel 2007. I hope this is something which can be fixed when Service Pack 1 is released for Office 2007, as it is a very useful chart feature which we (and our clients) use a lot in one area of our work, and it may prevent our clients from migrating from Office 2003 to Of...

Multiple copies of emails #2
I've read some of the other posts on this problem, but nothing I've tried seems to work. Here's the background. I'm using Outlook 2000 (SP-3). I have 3 different email accounts with comcast that I have forwarded to my Outlook. If some sends an email to any one of those account, I end up getting 3 copies of it in my inbox ... all to the same one of my email addresses. I know this isn't a problem with Comcast, because when I look at my messages on their server, there's only one copy of each. So I figure it must have something to do with the Rules ... but w...

Dynamic Charts and Blanks
Dear All. I have produced a chart dynamically, using the technique outlined on the Peliter website. In general this works fine, in terms of when the list of data grows. However, when my data list shrinks it causes a problem. The data is the result of an Offset function, which leaves a blank cell where there is no data. However, Excel charts a zero value - which I dont want to have (I would rather it treat the cells as though they were blank). Does anyone know how to do this??? Thanks. You need to change your formula so it results in NA() instead of "" (which isn't bl...

Add a goal line to a column chart
I have several column charts which I need to add different goal lines. Any suggestions? The goal has to be represented as a line and not as a column. Thanks for your help! http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Brandy" <Brandy @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF99E151-13A4-461D-B9CA-DECE4E467904@microsoft.com... >I have several column charts which I need to add different goal lines. Any > sugg...

Dynamics 2.0 Locks up
All of a sudden yesterday my dynamics POS 2.0 started locking up when it was minimized or idol for a few minutes of non use. Has anyone else had this problem? I am running Vista. Thanks If you haven't already, you may want to post this question in the retail management forum. -- Charles Allen, MVP "shadowrunner11" wrote: > All of a sudden yesterday my dynamics POS 2.0 started locking up when it was > minimized or idol for a few minutes of non use. Has anyone else had this > problem? I am running Vista. > > Thanks ...

RMS SO 2.0 Manager
On one of my RMS SO 2.0 Manager's computer I'm having a huge delay (about 5 minutes) before the Item list shows up (Database - Items). This only happens on this one machine that's "directly" connected to the RMS server (no VPN etc), while it's trying to bring up the Items List the SOMANAGER.EXE process CPU Utilization stays at 99% and there is no network utilization/activity. When I bring up an (all) Item List/Value report it doesn't take very long at all. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows of a potential solution? I've already tried r...

Show random labels in simple line chart
I have a simple line chart that has a very large data table behind it. The line is generally the same simple upward slope with a "bend" where the slope changes. The data changes frequently so the location of the "bend" point changes as well. I do not use any labels on the chart, except that I want to label just the point where a change in slope occurs. Is there a way to do this automatically? I don't want to go in to the chart each time I create it and have to manually turn off the old "wrong" label and turn on the new one. I hope that makes sense...

Charts & Hidden Data
Hi, If I hide the row/columns containing the source data of a chart the respective series disappears from the chart. Is there any way to hide chart source data without affecting the chart? Many thanks, Jason In XL2003 (and before) with chart selected: Tools | Options |Chart and uncheck the box "Plot visible cells only" In XL 2007: Follow this path: click the chart; use Chart Tools|Design|Selected Data; look for button labelled "Hidden and Empty Cells"; complete dialog box as needed. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from ema...

Working hours #2
Hi, I have helpdesk inquiries logged in at various times of the day. Sinc our working hours are from 08:00 to 17:00, I would like to the clock t start the next working day if the inquiry arrives after working hours. Can anyone suggest what formula I should use? Example of cell A1 content: 13/06/2005 14:05 Thanks Han -- Hani Muhtad ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hani Muhtadi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2679 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46722 Hi Hani Try =IF...

Copy Public Folders #2
I need to copy a ton of public folders and their sub folders to a single public folder on my exchange 2003 server. I once saw a program that would accomplish this for me. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks PFmigrate, http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/PFMIGRATE.html If you need to keep the same permissions for each folder you will also need PVADMIN, http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/10/the_pfdavadmin_.html -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "Curious Joe" <joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11...

CRM 3
HI all, i was unable using CRM 1.2 report in CRM 3. so, where i can find the guide for using custom crystal report in CRM 3? what software i should install. thank you, regards, Ng HI, all, it is possible add the crystal report crm 1.2 to CRM 3 report page? bec when i try using CRM3 Add new Report. i see the following msg Error Uploading Report An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try adding the report again. If this problem continues, contact your system administrator. if can add, the crystal report crm 1.2 it is require re-mapping the fields? bec i...

Gridlines on Column Chart
Hello- I am trying to create a stacked column chart with gridlines that only appear for every 2 columns. How can I do this in Excel 2007? All I can find is how to insert a major gridline between every column. Thanks, Sean Hi, Format the X axis, on the Axis Options section set 'Interval between tickmarks' to 2. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "SeanF74" <SeanF74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1BE2939-AB52-4FB1-8A0F-ACA9EFDB4CAD@microsoft.com... > Hello- > > I am trying to create a stacked ...

Report #2
Hi we have a different company and for each company we are using different report dictionary is it possible to use a single report dictionary all companies Regards Srinivasan Yes. -- Lyle U Srinivasan wrote: > > Hi we have a different company and for each company we are using > different report dictionary is it possible to use a single report > dictionary all companies > > Regards > Srinivasan OK, that was a bit too brief. Remember that security access to modified reports is specific to each company. Grant access to the modfied reports for each company where...

the picture is too large and will be truncated #2
Hi, When i try to select an entire row and push the copy button. I'm getting the following error: "the picture is too large and will be truncated" There are no pictures in the selection!!(?) I work with Excel 2002 on Win xp prof. Somebody has an idea thanxs in advance greets, Van Steenbergen Jan See Jon Peltier's site about this error http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/XL_PPT.html This is the only KB obout this error This is for 2000 but check it out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318265&Product=xlw2K XL2000: Error Message: The P...

insert number in column #2
I have a column with threedigits for telephone extensions. I want to insert a digit before the three throughout the column as the extension has been increased to 4 digits. Any easy way.../ Thanks. AFD One way: In a blank column (say column H), enter H1: =1 & A1 or, if you want them as numbers rather than text: H1: =1000+A1 copy down as far as necessary. Select the column and copy it. Select the original column and choose Edit/Paste Special/Values. In article <Om6vrJpEIHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, "afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote: &...

Trouble scanning 3 of 9 #2
I have a client who is using 1"x1" labels to label some internal use products or products that come through the door without UPCs. We have set them up to use the 3 of 9 barcode format when there is no UPC available. The trouble is, the barcode is so condensed that the scanners at the POS can't read them. The line scanners in the receiving department read the barcodes without issue. Has anybody else had this problem? What can be done to remedy this? I have considered writing a simple program to automatically generate an internal use barcode as the UPC-A type scans without issue....

Stacked Column Charting
Has anyone tried the following? From the data set below, I would like to have the data to the right of the Hrs. avail data be a stacked bar for each day. Along with this the Hrs. avail data would be a bar next to the remaing row of data. I tried placing the Hrs. avail on its own axis but that did not seem to work. In short I want to show the number of hours availabe in a day and actual hours used by the verious other data. Regards, Hal Day Hrs. avail EM's PM's Cal's Projects Other Idle 1 14 4 2.5 2 4 0 1.5 2 14 5 1 1 3 0 4 3 14 0 2 2 6 0 4 4 7 2 0 0 3 0 2 5 14 2 0 0 10 0...

PIVOT CHART LABELS
I have a PivotChart bar chart. The axis fields are 2 fields. The text from field 1 is aligned vertically on the chart, the text from field 2 is horizontal. I want both text labels to be aligned horizontally. Please help!! Hi, Unfortunately you can not change the alignment of nested axis labels. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Killer Janis B" <Killer Janis B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22B3A9B1-0537-44CB-A840-EFB9E91E3565@microsoft.com... >I have a PivotChart bar chart. The axis fields are 2 fields....

Time line in excel graph
I need a vertical line in my graph to show that the graph information after the line is the future predicted outcomes. I've tried countless different options and cant seem to find how to do this! Hi, There are various ways of addressing this problem. See the following for examples of adding lines to charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Wilkesy50 wrote: > I need a vertical line in my graph to show that the graph information after > th...

Crystal 9.0 and CRM 1.2
Does anyone know if 1.2 supports Crstal Reports 9.0? Yes 1.2 supports crystal 9.0 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03e101c3bf57$beeb0880$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if 1.2 supports Crstal Reports 9.0? ...

2007 Table Linked Charts
I have a dataset with monthly data over several years. I want to chart only the current calendar year's monthly data, and have the chart update automatically as each of the newest month's data is added. One solution is to hide the prior years' monthly data rows in the table which removes them from the chart. This limits other charts that might be linked to the same table where they chart the whole or an earlier date range of the dataset. Linking tables doesn't work since the mirroring tables don't auto update as a new month is entered. Has anyone developed a better sol...

acDialogue type performance
For performance reasons, I have forms go invisible rather than close when a user makes a selection and then clicks close. Is there any way to get dialogue form functionality. I.E. I'd like to return to the calling code and continue from there. Thanks, Sam "smk23" <smk23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D95E772C-B81D-4651-AE6C-503D9FBA8132@microsoft.com... > For performance reasons, I have forms go invisible rather than close when a > user makes a selection and then clicks close. Is there any way to get > dialogue form functionality. I.E. I'...