100% Stacked Column Chart Labels

I've created a chart with several 100% stacked columns, each having multiple
data points in common.  I'd like to show what percentage each of the data
points is in relation to its column but the percentage data label is greyed
out.  Is there another way to do what I'm trying?

Thanks!
0
jsv (2)

Hi,

You can use this free add-in to link data label content to cells.
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

In those cells you calculate the value you need to display.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Thanks for your help

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can use this free add-in to link data label content to cells.
> http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
>
> In those cells you calculate the value you need to display.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> jsv wrote:
> > I've created a chart with several 100% stacked columns, each having multiple
> > data points in common.  I'd like to show what percentage each of the data
> > points is in relation to its column but the percentage data label is greyed
> > out.  Is there another way to do what I'm trying?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
jsv (2)
12/15/2008 8:26:00 PM
Would appear it does not work across workbooks.

You can do it manually. There is no difference. The addin just makes it
easier to do multiply labels and applies formatting.

Cheers
Andy

--

"jsv" <jsv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is this any different than typing = "a cell" in the text box?
> Additionally,
> the graphs are in a separate workbook than the data, and I don't believe
> the
> Chart Labeler will work across workbooks, correct?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> "Andy Pope" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You can use this free add-in to link data label content to cells.
>> http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
>>
>> In those cells you calculate the value you need to display.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andy
>>
>> jsv wrote:
>> > I've created a chart with several 100% stacked columns, each having
>> > multiple
>> > data points in common.  I'd like to show what percentage each of the
>> > data
>> > points is in relation to its column but the percentage data label is
>> > greyed
>> > out.  Is there another way to do what I'm trying?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>>
>> --
>>
>> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>> http://www.andypope.info

0
andy9699 (3616)

Chart does not print properly even if shows ok in page break previ
When I have a worksheet which includes a chart that is big in size and then I want it to print in one page then I use the fit to function in the page property window and select either a percentage or the number of pages (i.e, tall x wide). Once I print or do print preview the cells are shrunk so the fit to whatever size I requested but somehow the chart does not shrink. I looks as if it is an independent object. This is deceiving particularly in the page break preview which does show that my chart will fit inside my page but when I print it does something completely different. Exce...

Joining Two Columns
Hi All; I have two columns. In one them there are only integer values, in the second one there are alpha-numeric characters. I want to join them in one column. How can I do that? Thanks. (For instance a1=12, b1=try15, c1 must be 12try15 a2=34, b2=try35, c2 must be 34try35 .... an (My columns are too long to join cells one by one) Regards -- Kartal In C1, enter: =A1&B1 then copy down HTH -- AP "Kartal" <kakdogan@suyapi.com.tr> a �crit dans le message de news: ufsY0yobGHA.2396@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > ...

Delete Columns
HI, I am new to this site and have tried to find my specific problem and have not been able too. I have an excel spreadsheet, that was previously created by others (no longer working here) We have been able to use the data and get the graphs out just fine. But when you go to delete a graph the format, fonts whatever are changing and cannot be fixed at all. NO matter what data you put in. I am trying to delete 3 columns and keep the other 13 in tact. but to no avail, I can get them deleted but I cannot keep the same column. mine are thin and colored. The ones I delete makes mine crowded togeth...

Overlapping Charts
I want to create an area chart and a bar chart together in one chart. Can it be done? create the chart using all the data and then right click on the data you want to be a bar chart and change the chart type -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "malewis48" wrote: > I want to create an area chart and a bar chart together in one chart. Can it > be done? ...

Excel 2000 Line Chart Problem...HELP !!!!
I want to plot a line chart of interest rate changes. The rates change a maximum of once a month on a pre-set day an sometimes may not change for several months. If I plot the line chart in excel the line it draws simply join together the points so I get diagonal lines between two periods as i the rate had changed progessively from one rate fixing to the next. This is not the case. The rate steps vertically from one fixing to the next. ie 1st May rate is fixed at 4% then 1st June rate fixes to 4.25% I only want to show months on my x-axis not all 365 days of the year. Excel will show a ...

percentages in an excel pie chart
How do I manually enter percentages into an excel pie chart. I already have the percentage values from a history project and now I need to enter them into a pie chart for a visual. You don't need to enter percentages. Just plot the data. Excel calculates the percentages for each element relative to the sum of all data. Example: A1 = 1 Pie chart returns: 2% A2 = 5 Pie chart returns: 12% A3 = 5 Pie chart returns: 12% A4 = 5 Pie chart returns: 12% A5 = 25 Pie chart returns: 62% Note that Excel rounds the percentage values. Regards, Greg "Alexis" wrote...

select non contiguos columns by variable name
I have integer variables that define several columns of interest in a worksheet. How do I select multiple non contiguous columns? Example parts = 3 ' column 3 has parts info dates = 6 ' column 6 has date info cost = 10 ' column 10 has cost info columns(parts, dates, cost).Select this statement does not work TIA John Keith kd0gd@juno.com Hi, Try this : Range("parts, dates, cost").Select "John Keith" <kd0gd@juno.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : h0uml5d6lt7pclqj6ilh34lar227mqmvm4@4ax.com... I h...

Chart Data
Hi, In 2003 Excel, you can copy your chart to another sheet within a workbook and edit the data. The new graph will reflect the new data of the new sheet. In 2007 Excel, when you copy the chart, it will still reference to the original data_ you'll have a graph that doesn't match your valueso on the same sheet. Please help. In XL2003 you need to edit data as you state. In XL2007 the same applies; right click chart, use the Select Data item on popup menu to set new data range best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email ...

can't insert columns between columns
I am trying to insert a columns between different columns, but every time I try I get a message stating that MS Excel can't shift nonblank cells off the worksheet. I am not trying this, I only have 12 columns, so there should be plenty of room for more colums. It goes on to say to try to locate the last nonblank cell by pressing CTRL+END, and delete or clear all in cells between the last cell and the end of your data, which I have done, but it still will not allow me to add columns where needed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- Pam Clear the c...

Problem in changing formula-generated values in the chart in Micro
Hi all, I am facing a problem in changing formula-generated values in the chart in Microsoft 2007. Actually I am having a simple 2D line graph and I want to change values that are generated from worksheet formulas in 2-D line chart by dragging the data marker in the chart. But when I am trying to drag the data marker to a new position in the chart it is not allowing me to do in Microsoft 2007. I am able to move the data marker to a new position in Microsoft 2003 but not in Microsoft 2007. Please help me out by resolving this issue. Expecting a quick reply from your side. Thanks and Rega...

Most Frequently used Text value in a column
I have an Excel 2000 spreadsheet used for daily entries for any given month. Some of the columns have text values instead of numeric. It is possible that the text entries would be the same for every day or they could vary between 2 or 3 different text values. I would like to know if there is a formula that would retrieve the most frequently entered TEXT. Ex: Jan 01 cat Jan 02 dog Jan 03 cat Jan 04 dog Jan 05 dog Jan 06 dog Jan 07 cat Jan 08 dog Jan 09 bird Jan 10 cat ============= Max dog ...

Check Box that Locks all cells on it's column
Does anyone know how I could create a checkbox that when checked, would lock all cells on that column permanently. Probably some simple macro that keeps eluding me. Put a checkbox from the Forms toolbar in row 1 of each of the columns you want. Then assign this same macro to each of those checkboxes. Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCBX As CheckBox Set myCBX = ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes(Application.Caller) If myCBX.Value = xlOn Then ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="hi" myCBX.TopLeftCell.EntireColumn.Locked = True ActiveSheet.Protect Passw...

How do I combine multiple org chart files into one Visio doc?
I want to take 9 individual Visio org chart files and combine them into one file for saving them all together as web page. New to Visio and just need a little help. Thanks. Steve Select everything on a page and then Copy / Paste it to a blank page in your other document. There really isn't a fancier way to do it. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "NC_Steve" <NCSteve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDE97552-E194-4EA5-B8CE-AEE8DD440D0B@microsoft.com... >I...

Row and Column Viewing #2
Gord, Can the same code be used for singlesheets vs the workbook -- RudeRa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RudeRam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26574 Rude The code I gave works only on one sheet......Sheet1....and does not affect any other sheet in the workbook. Code is placed in the ThisWorkbook module and runs when workbook is opened. Copy the code then right-click on the Excel Icon just left of "File" on main Men...

how to underline a column header with dash-dot-dot?
Does anyone know how to do this? I need to underline a column header with a dash-dot-dot, and I can not figure it out. In Access? I don't believe it's possible. In some other product? You'll need to repost in a newsgroup related to that specific product. When you do so, you should identify the specific version of the product, as well as what operating system you're using. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "lost" <lost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D9E1AD5-37F5-4CB6-8818...

Entering 100-200 transactions in a split?
I currently use Quicken 2002. I have 1 credit card that pays airline miles, so I use it for almost everything & pay it in full each month. As a result, I typically have more than 100 transactions on this card in a month. I would like to track these transactions, unfortunately Quicken '02 only allows 30 transactions per split. Does Money 2004 have the ability to enter unlimited transactions in a split? If so, is it easy (possible?) to import Quicken records into Money? TIA Dan Bill, The most I've done is probably 10 - 15, but I just went into the field where you split a t...

Vlookup with 2 columns
Excel 2000 Is it possible to do a verticle looking comparing 2 columns rather than just 1? Thanks. Gary =INDEX(F1:F100,MATCH(C1&C2,D1:D100&E1:E100,0)) it is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Gary H" <garyh@REMOVETHISvisi.com> wrote in message news:7aKdnQQfnYlkbAjfRVn-rw@giganews.com... > Excel 2000 > > Is it possible to do a verticle looking comparing 2 columns rather than just > 1? Thanks. > > Gary > > ...

Selecting data from a specific column
I have data in columns with month headers. I want to input a specific month and return data for each row. For example, in A1, I have selected "Feb" and want to return the data from column D. This will be 12 months so a nested IF statement does not work. 1 A B C D E 2 Feb Type Jan Feb Mar 3 LR 87.55 126.77 111.63 4 PC 3.91 5 RE 98.23 29.75 6 SP 92.93 Any help will be greatly appreciated! Charp In A2: =INDEX(C2:N2,1,MATCH(A$1,C$1:N$1,0)) Copy down as needed. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes&qu...

Data Labels #12
Im creating a Doughnut Chart and I have 8 different categories. Out of the 8 catagories I want to desplay data labels for only 3 of them, which will display their precentage and value. I don't want the other 5 categories to display data labels. Is there an easier way to do this besides changing the font colors to white so they will appear invisable? I thought it would be possible to just delete the unwanted data labels but it's not working. Thanks. Nevermind...silly me. I was able to delete the data labels individually. Thnka for reading. "tt_Gyrl" wrote: > Im c...

How do I set up a running subtraction column in Excel?
NEWBIE: Can you please help me? hi, you need to be more specific. describe your data. >-----Original Message----- >NEWBIE: Can you please help me? >. > Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany aschneider wrote: > NEWBIE: Can you please help me? Thank you for your response. I want to set up a checkbook in excel. When I create a withdrawl in one column, I would like a running balance to appear in another column. TIA Arthur "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > hi, > you need to be more specific. describe your data. &g...

Bar-Line Combo Chart
This question is for Jon... I found your explanation of this (http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BarLineCombo.html) extremely helpful! But I noticed that the chart only works on the range of 3 to 10 data points. With less than 3 or with more than 10 data points, the lines get out of alignment with the bars (the bars and the vertical axis labels remain properly aligned, but the lines no longer do). If you know how to fix this problem, I would greatly appreciate your reply. Thank you so much. -- mjamromi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mjamr...

special size label
hi- i have an package of avery 3261R labels i want to use- this label is not listed and there are none in the list that match the size. how can i program to use these labels? thanks! You just set up a custom size and then change the number down and across to fit your page. You may find it helpful to look under menu HELP for assistance for your version of Publisher. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. i don't see a place for custom size?? Select the closest size label to what you ...

Tick Mark Label Line Wrap
I have an X-Y chart where the X-axis tick mark lables are dates in m/dd format. As data is added to where the tick marks become crowded, the labels wrap rather than automatically realigning at an angle. If I manually rotate them to anything other than +/-90 degrees, they become tiny dots. Other charts I've created automatically adjusted the angle to compensate for crowding but I can't figure out what parameter setting controls it. Can anyone help? It would be appreciated. Mike ...

Renaming Column Headings
One of my users have managed to change the column headings from A B C D etc to 1 2 3 4. Now they can not remember what they did to change them. I've looked through teh help and on Google, but found very little. Any ideas? If you want to email a reply, could you send it to phillworboys@TROUSERSschofields.com, remembering, of course to remove TROUSERS first! Thanks for you help in advance! PJ. 80) Hi tools / options / general - untick R1C1 reference style Regards JulieD "PJ" <phillworboys@GLASSESlycos.co.uk> wrote in message news:1107183052.11894.0@nnrp-t71-03.ne...

I have two columns (A) and (G) that have like product codes however
I have two columns (A) and (G) that have like product codes however they are not in any particular order. In columns (H) and ( i ) are bin numbers that are associated with the product codes in column (G) I would like to put these bin numbers in columns (E) and (F) Example of what my worksheet looks like: Prod Code Item Name Location Qty Prod Code Bin 1 Bin 2 BD0036 Oxygen 10 2 BD0100 25 42 BD0100 Vent 15 16 BD0036 17 64 What I would like for it to look like: Product Code Item N...