100% Stacked Bar chart, two bars, want percent as well as real value

I am attempting to chart the following:
Series 1 - Values over the prior 30 days
Series 2 - Values over the prior 12 months

I would like to show both data series as 100% bar charts, so users of
the information can compare percentage of the last 30 days with
percentage of the same piece of data over the last 12 months.

So, for example the two data series might look like this:

Series 1

Series 2

I want to display both the actual value, and the percentage of the
total, for each series, in the labels.  For some reason, showing
percentage is not an option.  Why is this?

0
mr.sandog (20)

Although showing the percentage is not an option, you can easily do so by
creating two "dummy" series with data labels showing those percentages.  To
do so, create a series 3 and series 4 consisting of all zeros.  Then create
two seperate columns called "Series 3 Labels" and "Series 4 Labels".
Calculate the percentages for series 3 and series 4 and add them to the
"Series 3 Labels" and "Series 4 Labels" columns.  Then use a tool such as
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools to add those data labels to series 3 and 4.
You can download John's tool at:

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"mr.sandog@gmail.com" wrote:

> I am attempting to chart the following:
> Series 1 - Values over the prior 30 days
> Series 2 - Values over the prior 12 months
>
> I would like to show both data series as 100% bar charts, so users of
> the information can compare percentage of the last 30 days with
> percentage of the same piece of data over the last 12 months.
>
> So, for example the two data series might look like this:
>
> Series 1
> 20
> 25
> 45
> 65
>
> Series 2
> 211
> 324
> 403
> 822
>
> I want to display both the actual value, and the percentage of the
> total, for each series, in the labels.  For some reason, showing
> percentage is not an option.  Why is this?

filter form on value from linked table
Is it possible to filter a form (based on table A) on a value in a table B where the tables are linked? Table A ID lastname firstname companyid ... Table B companyid companyname ... I would like to filter the form records (Table A) by using as input the company name (or part of it) from a textbox. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200704/1 Sorry for this but I forgot I would like to use like frm.Filter = as I already use it to filter the form based on values from another txtbox on the lastname -- Message poste...

Running two files simultaneously....
Can you run two MS Money files at the same time? I have one for personal use and one for business use, but am always having to close out of one and open the other. I'd love to be able to have a window for each open at the same time in order to view information.....MS Money 2001 Simultaneously? No. "william" <turnerinsurance@epride.net> wrote in message news:4c5a01c490f1$37b36bc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can you run two MS Money files at the same time? I have > one for personal use and one for business use, but am > always having to close out of one and open t...

Displaying values vs formulas
I'm having another brain-dead moment and I hope someone can resuscitate! I'm putting formulas in various cells on a worksheet and some of them are displaying the results and some are just showing in the cell as the formula. How can I get them all to display results. I swear that all the cells are formatted the same but the displays are different. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help. Gary Vocks The cells displaying the formula itself and not the results are probably formatted as Text. A quick way to find out if this is so, is to select a cell that displays the formula, the...

Accumulating Values in a Pivot table
Hi all. Does anybody of you know, how I can show in a Pivot table accumulated values (example)in each row: Day Amount Accum. Value 1 50 50 3 75 125 8 105 230 .. .. .. .. .. .. and so on. Maybe someone give me a tip. Thanx a lot Regards Kurt Hi Kurt, That is one of the big advantages of using Pivot Tables One place to start would be Debra Dalgleish's Contextures.com/techtip.html http://www.contex...

How to print 2000+ characters seen in formula bar? #2
Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024. Printer only prints 1024. How can I print all? Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell. Use a smaller font. Widen the column width lengthen the row height. Curious wrote: > > Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024. Printer only > prints 1024. How can I print all? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com Thanks, but none of your suggestions work. I'm using Excel 2003 by the way. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell. &g...

Chart labels do not print in 2003
My spread has several sheets and two of these have eight graphs on each - all sized to fit on one A4 page per sheet. Since i have upgraded to Excel 2003 from 2000, some chart titles no longer print. I have upgraded my printer drivers and also tried this on other Excel 2003 machines, and they have the same problem. However, if i go back to an Excel 2000 machine it prints fine. The report is distributed to users of both versions. Any ideas how to fix this? I don't really have a guess. Have you tried it on different printers (if you have them available)? If you create a small test work...

Excel charts in print preview distorted.
I'm assisting a customer with an excel presentation she created on another computer. She is curently using Excel XP and she changed some of the data the charts are pulling from and now the charts are all distorted in print preview. The charts are all scrunched up in the upper portion of the page. I view this presentation on my computer and all looks fine in page layout and print preview. I tried setting her default printer to mine, no help. I tried adjusting her video resolutions (they were originally the same as mine) to higher and lower resolutions and get the same results. Any...

change range for multiple charts
Hi I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there a quicker way to do this? "Yossi evenzur" wrote: > Hi > I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by > chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there > a quicker way to do this? I've written a little Excel add-in that performs mass edits of series formulas: How to Edit Series Formulas http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/how-to-edit...

Two cells divided into next cell
Hope this makes sense. I have F column that totals down to F16. Then I have a total on D16. I need both totals to be divided and show up on G16. Every cell has $ Amts, but the only cells not totaled down the row are E,G and J. So G16 is blank. Is this possible to do and If so how. I don't even know the formula to Divide and I need this to automatically happen every time I Insert the Amts in the cells. Please help In G16: =D16/F16 "Day" <Day@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C49FCC-273A-425B-9EEF-DCF2109A0DD9@microsoft.com... > > ...

Hyperlink to a chart
Hi, I have created a graph and placed it as a chart in a new sheet rathe than an object in an existing sheet. It is therefore classified as Chart rather than a Worksheet. When I try to insert a hyperlink to th Chart, it does not show up in the hyperlink browser along with th other existing Worksheets. Is this because the Chart is not technically a worksheet?? Is there any way I can create a hyperlink to the Chart like I can t every other Worksheet? If anyone knows how to insert a hyperlink to a chart sheet, I woul greatly appreciate them sharing it with me. Kind regards, Stuart Wilso -...

Pie Chart Colours
I have a pie chart that indicates production slots on a line, sometim there are 10 slots other times there are only 3 or 4. Can i specif what colour each slot should be dependant on the source data. i.e If the first slot is for Part A then use RED, if the next part i Part B then use BLUE. I currently create the chart and then manually change the colours t suit the part -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com got you all stumped, or is it just impossible to specify formnatting i source data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Selecting Charts in a Macro
I have a worksheet which contains 7 charts: 1st Chart = Chart 12 2nd Chart = Chart 7 3rd Chart = Chart 11 4th Chart = Chart 13 5th Chart = Chart 24 6th Chart = Chart 16 7th Chart = Chart 26 I have a macro which copies the worksheet it over to a new worksheet within the same workbook, the charts are then labelled: 1st Chart = Chart 9 2nd Chart = Chart 7 3rd Chart = Chart 13 4th Chart = Chart 10 5th Chart = Chart 2 6th Chart = Chart 12 7th Chart = Chart 15 The macro then tries to select each chart and change the source data, what I don't know is how excel will treat the chart numbers for...

zones in excel charts
I'd like to be able to set up zones in an Excel chart. Imagine a bell curve. Areas under the curve within one standard deviation could be green, those between one and two standard deviations would be yellow, and those more than two would be red. Or I can have an X - Y scatter chart. If the X-axis runs from 0 - 10, I might want 0 - 3 as red, 3 - 5 as green, and 5 - 10 blue. Just as an example. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button...

Ready task bar
In excel, on the bottom of the page on the right hand side on the Ready tool bar are 3 or 4 cells which I believe MS adds to the screens to for added tools. In one of these cells is the count total, max, min, ave, sum and when you right click on it you can select one of these to use in the worksheet. My question is, how do I add this tool if it is gone? I had it, but now it is gone, which I do not know how it disappeared. If any one knows, please email me and if you know how to add additional tools to this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you try tools>options>view>...

Line Chart #9
Hi, I have a line chart for month on month data Jan'07 Feb'07 Mar'07 Apr'07 May'07 Jun'08 A 93 99 120 111 85 90 This is the Eg data. Is there a way to show difference in values. For Eg : Jan - Feb there is a +6 difference. Then there is a +11 difference... etc Is there a way i can show this difference on the graph automatically? Other than manually inserting a text box?? Thanks Rajula Please don't multi-post. Cross-post if you must. -- David Biddulph "Rajula" <Rajula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FBF5AFF-6629-470C-B...

How do I assign a set of values to a selection from a drop list?
Hi. I am trying to assign a set of values, in separate fields ,to a each selection from a drop-down list in Excel (using data validation). What I am trying to do is very smilar to, say, to selecting a SKU from a list and having the product description, unit price etc. fill into their corresponding fields automatically. For example, I pick SKU "11111" from a drop-down list to fill the SKU field, then, automatically, "5-inch widget" comes up in the product description field and "$5.00" shows up in the unit price field. Please help. Mike Along with the d...

How to create a floating bar chart vertically not horizontally...
Hi, The technique is the same for both column and bar charts, which is to use a stacked chart and remove the formatting from the series used to 'float' your data. See Jon's explanation. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html Cheers Andy Cristina wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Mass Modify Chart of Accounts
My company's current account setup uses the 2nd segment in an account to denote the assigned property, while the 3rd segment identifies the posting account number. Say my current chart looks as follows: 1-001-1000 1-002-1000 1-003-1000 and I want to add a new account numbered 2000 for all the properties 001-003 to give me: 1-001-1000 1-001-2000 1-002-1000 1-002-2000 1-003-1000 1-003-2000 How can I do this for all properties at once without adding them individually through account maintenence, since I have about 8 new accounts to add to over 200 existing properties? I can see h...

How to fill cell with two combobox values?
I am looking for VB code for command button that fills two combo box values and a toggle value (Y/N) behind each other in one cell. Bart Excel 2003 ...

Count with two criteria
I am working in Excel 2003, I am trying to count with two criteria and multiple sheets. I am using this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(('Sum 1Q10'!A2:A4="BKD")*('Sum 1Q10'!F2:F4="Open")) my result is 0. It should be 1. Is there another way to do this? I really need help. Lisak- There are a couple of approaches to do this; I'll give you the one I use out of habit. The sumproduct conditions evaluate to true or false. You have to force them back to a numeric format. Some folks do that with a leading double negative on each condition. I tend to ...

How to reduce thickness/width of window borders two "normal" 2 pixels?
On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. Have a look at the following snapshot: http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the "normal" size of (approx. 2 pixels) ? Camille Camille Petersen wrote: > On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. > > Have a look at the following snapshot: > > http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png > > What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the &...

smooth area chart
When I make a line chart, there is a Smoothed Line option in the Format Data Series dialog box. But when I make an area chart, the line that forms the top of the area is jagged. Is there anyway to smooth the top of the area chart or other way to get the desired smoothed area chart? Like a smoothed line with shading underneath. Thanks. ...

Xpath with multiple values..

How to clean 0x0E value from file when using XSL?
I have some code that cleans up an xml file before running xsl transformation on it due to what I call bad characters in the data. I have as an example: str = Replace(str, "&#x19;", ".") str = Replace(str, "&#x18;", ".") In there as filters to strip out characters XSL doesn't like and replace it with periods. I am now getting an exception of a hex value of 0x0E however can't figure out what the string replace value should be for this one. From what I can tell, it's some kind of "shift out" character whatever that is. A...

Find the number of years between two dates
I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to automatically add their ages in another column Try this Formula, assuming that the dob is in cell A1 =DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days" regards Mukesh "duke" wrote: > I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to > automatically add their ages in another column On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 19:47:02 -0700, "duke" <duke@disc...