.doc to .xls conversion

I am trying convert an .doc (that was saved from an .rtf file) to an .xls
spreadsheet.  The doc has tables and page breaks, but when I try to send over
to excel the column's are not in the proper format.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thx

I've had a similar problem and would be interested in the solution.

"ExcelConversion" <ExcelConversion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:115A942F-4AE6-477D-A6FB-A07370479F18@microsoft.com...
> I am trying convert an .doc (that was saved from an .rtf file) to an .xls
> spreadsheet.  The doc has tables and page breaks, but when I try to send
over
> to excel the column's are not in the proper format.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thx

0
breinhardt (272)

easiest way to convert an XLS file into a CVS?
>File >Save As and then choose CSV from the dropdown. Or is the question deeper than that? ...

open MSWord doc at specific bookmark (ShellExecute?)
I'm happily using ShellExecute to open DOC files and URLs. I can append "#bookmark" to a URL for IE to open at the specific section of a page, but if I try the same with DOC files then it doesn't work - I don't even get the DOC file open. Am I expecting too much of ShellExecute? Is there some other technique for opening such files? Many thanks Steve Kearon "Steve Kearon" <stevek@fineline-software.co.uk> wrote in message news:us6dIMnhDHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm happily using ShellExecute to open DOC files and URLs. > > I can a...

search folders from-to conversation
Howdy; I want to set up a single Search Folder which will find all e-mail message between myself and a particular institution. The easy way to do it seems to be to specify fill-in "Criteria >From" and "Criteria >Sent To" with the same value (in this case, a domain name) and get the boolean OR of those two things. How the heck can I do this, or some equivalent? Regardz, Ken - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ken Leonard ken_leonard@NOSPAM.earthlink.net [Edit it to make it work.] It's really pretty easy: 1. Right-click Sear...

ME 2000 conversion over to Xp Microsoft
I recently sent a e-mail out on converting Microsoft ME over to Xp. I can see all doucuments , but when i open them up I ony see xxxx, yyyyy,and oooo. Please help me with this coversion. Thanks Al Did you read Norman's reply - You need the application that created the file to be able to read it, or a viewer if one exists. Do you have Excel on your new laptop?? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 -------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Microsoft Macro Conversions from Word 2003 to Word 2007
Is there a way for Microsoft Word to automatically convert macros from Word 2003 format to Word 2007 format, so that we don’t have to rewrite each macro by hand? Also, some of our computers are running XP and some computers are running Vista. Any macros developed for Word 2003 should be fully compatible with Word 2007 regardless of operating system. Full backward compatibility has been retained; therefore, no "conversion" is required. -- Cheers! Gordon Bentley-Mix "Sirenudette" <Sirenudette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A593B4...

sending doc's, not sure what software they have, best format to se
have tried sending several different times, getting frustrated ..pdf files are best. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Skeeter" <Skeeter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86855616-A4F9-4BC7-B5A9-CA54D4A5BD93@microsoft.com... > have tried sending several different times, getting frustrated Skeeter wrote: > have tried sending several different times, getting > frustrated ======================================== I guess you are saying your recipients cannot open the files? Try this... Download and install the following free PDF Creat...

Personal.xls stays open
Boosted by all I have learned in here I have started experimenting wit macros and VBA. My first macro was saved into Personal.xls which now opens every time open excel instead of a blank spreadsheet. However I have just seen reference that says Personal.xls should open and then hide itself. How do I get it to do that -- Alex Delamai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Alex Delamain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1127 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27009 >>Howev...

Gord D. "A document with the name "*.xls " is already open " ...etc
I posted this question originally on Nov 20th and received a reply from Gord Dibben ( Thanks) The Tools option " ignore other applications" is not checked and regserver doesn't seem to do anything I should have specified I'm using Office '97 Pro in WinXP ( Full install) The problem surfaced while I was using my previous OS Win98SE When opening XL I get the following message ............ "A document with the name "*.xls " is already open " ...etc I've learned to ignore the message and it doesn't seem to affect anything BUT does anyone k...

Free Download of File Conversion Software
Free 60-day trial download of ConvertMyFile, a Windows program that lets you convert your files into alternative formats. �ConvertMyFile will transform Word Documents (in RTF format) to PDF Files. �ConvertMyFile will convert Excel Spreadsheets into PDF format as well as into HTML pages. �ConvertMyFile will also take your pictures (BMP or JPG) and convert them into PDF files. Only $9.95 to license. Quantity discounts and site licenses available. www.geocities.com/conversionsoftware http://www.cutepdf.com/ Freeware PDF file maker. - Jon Boba Fett wrote: > Free 60-day trial download...

database conversion access 97 to 2002
Anyone have step by step instructions to convert a database from Access 97 to 2002 (XP)? I have Access 2002 now but the database is still in 97 file format. I need to convert it, then copy it to a server share for my group to access. 1. Turn on A2002. 2. Open the A97 database. 3. You will be asked to convert it. 4. Click OK. You may want to be sure the A97 is properly compiled prior to converting. -- Joe Fallon Access MVP "philbert gonzales" <pabingh@sandia.gov> wrote in message news:028501c35095$40865340$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone have step by step instructions ...

Help with Outlook Journaling of Live Communication Server conversations
Hoping that someone can answer this..... I used to love the plug-in for Outlook that would 'journal' MS Instant messenger conversations - unfortunately that plug-in no longer works and is no longer supported - but that discussion is for another day.... We're shortly going to migrate to MS Office Communicator. Anyone know if it's possible to have Outlook journal those conversations? PS: We're also planning on migrating to Exchange 2003 (currently 2000) and upgrading all clients to OL 2007 (currently using OL 2003) as soon as it becomes stable. Thanks for any info. ...

Scrambled word doc. in outlook
When I open an attachment of a word doc from outlook 2003 the file is scrambled on the screen. I have to save it to the hard disc and then open it in word to view it. Any help would be appreciated. Bob ...

does the doc class do anything?
Hi, I am finding in my program lots of things like this. Say I have a command that does something to my data: void CMyDoc::OnFilterCmd() { mData1->filter(); } I have many methods like this. In other words, it seems like my document does nothing but stores data and acts as a, perhaps, unnecessary middleman. Is this common in MFC programs, or should the document method actually be doing the filtering itself rather than calling the objects method? The document class inherits from CDocument, so it does quite a bit before adding any code, and it is the place to override any beha...

Odd number conversions???
I've come across an interesting issue in Excel 2000 in which if I enter the following number (as an example), 1408685345915193, Excel will store it as 1408685345915190. Interestingly enough, should I enter a larger number, for example replacing the 1 at the beginning of the number to a 2 (theoretically a larger number than the one ending with a 3), then Excel accepts it no problem. Does anyone have any thoughts as to the root cause of this particular issue? Note that I can explain further if unclear. Thanks in advance for any feedback on this! -- Christian 15 max -- Don Guill...

97 to 2000 Conversion
I am trying to convert a Microsoft Access 97 database to a Access 2000 database. After the conversion, when I try to open the databse I get an error that says "report num$" not a valid name. Any ideas? Thanks!! Sorry, can't help with conversion. I run a M ac. J.C.Scharren Hi Kimberley, Have you tried compiling and compacting the database in Access 97 before you convert it? Also, if there is an object named "report num$", rename it using just alphanumeric characters and underscore (or space if you insist). On Tue, 4 May 2004 12:17:58 -0700, "Kimberly...

How to create a hyperlink to an embedded Word doc in PPTX?
I have a PPTX where I have embeded four Word documents on slide 10. These show as Word icons. They are not linked Word documents as the PPTX will not be networked. Hence the need to embed the Word documents. On slide 2 I want to create a hyperlink that points to the 1st embedded Word document on slide 10. E.G. Click here to read Word Document 1 On slide 4 I want to create a hyperlink that points to the 2nd embedded Word document on slide 10. E.G. Cleck here to read Word Document 2 etc, etc Once the links are set up I will hide slide 10. Can this be achieved? rega...

Design
Hello all, 1) Concerning object hierarchy, I have 2 view classes that share certain behavior (such as hit testing) - does it make sense to create a CBaseView abstract class in order to derive them both from it? I also realized I'll have to do the same for the 2 corresponding CDocs - derive them from a base abstract CBaseDoc. (because the shared behavior implemented in CBaseView will have to operate on Doc members found in both types of Docs). 2) Hit Testing (Doc is made up of fields of data, visually rectangles) - I thought to use CRgn. Does a CRgn have to be attached to a Handle ...

Print a MS Word Doc from Excel workbook
Hi, I have a workbook in Excel where I want to be able to place a button that will print a letter that has been created in a seperate MS Word documnet. I have tried recording a macro but nothing happened. Is there a way to link the two together to enable this 'button' to produce the letter ?? Thanks Anthony See your previous post. Anthony wrote: > > Hi, > I have a workbook in Excel where I want to be able to > place a button that will print a letter that has been > created in a seperate MS Word documnet. > I have tried recording a macro but nothing happened....

Group permissions for Doc Library-make available to Site?
Within my site I created a document library. In that library I created a permissions group. Now I realize I actually needed that group created the Site level, not within the document library. It contains 75 members; recreating it would be needlessly tedious. Also, even if I wanted to do that, Sharepoint won't let me re-create it at the site level using the same name because "a group by that name already exists." But if it already exists, why does it not show up when I view the Site's Users and Groups? When I do that, it says the site has no users or groups. How can a...

m/d/yyyy h:mm date conversion to yyyymmdd ???
Is this doable??? I want to use the functionality of excel/vb to change the actual current value of a cell, for example, 7/9/2003 9:41 to "20030709". The current format of the cell is custom m/d/yyyy h:mm. I need the actual value of the cell to be 20030709, not a formula or the excel date/time serial number. I am uploading this file to a Physical File on an AS/400. It's easy enough for me to manipulate the field once I get the data to the AS/400, I just would like to try to format the data correctly in the spreadsheet before uploading...just looking to see what I can/ca...

Great Plains should permit the deletion of unposted sales docs.
Great Plains should permit the deletion of uposted sales/invoice documents. I generated 500+ invoices, printed to my screen, detected an error and cannot delete the batch because GP will not permit the deletion of printed items. These docs are not final until the post option is selected. The user should be able to delete the batch. Process the correction. and reintegrate. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you...

transferring word doc to excel including table format
Any tips on performing this? Im having great difficulty in having th table column and row sizes transfer from word to excel. It stretche the table out into an unusable format. Thanks Justi -- hokiegu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hokieguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2191 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37806 No I dont think you can do that -- bengalur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bengaluru's Profile: http://www....

Macro help please: Excel data to word doc
Hello, I've read through all of the other posts regarding this matter and it's still not working. Here's my situation: I have created an excel file in which sheet 1, named "customer info", is where information is entered, and automatically transferred to appropriate cells throughout the rest of the workbook (ex. ='customer info'!a1). One worksheet is in the form of a letter; however, the user of this file is slightly excel-illiterate and he's finding this method to be a pain when the letter exceeds a single page (closing is autoformatted at the bottom of p...

How do I convert Publisher doc to Word doc
Doctoral dissertation requires submission as Word doc but need to include manual done in Publisher in appendix. How to import this and save graphics/charts/formatting? Must be a common need as many don't have Publisher so how do you share these files? HELP!!! Need immediate response! I'm not sure you can with a satisfying result. How many pages are you transferring? Normally to share Publisher files with those without Publisher, we'd suggest a PDF. You can try the copy/paste route. Save each Publisher page as a picture and insert into Word. You have your work cut out for y...

Embedded word doc changed to image-need to change back to word.
I have an embedded word document that misteriously changed into an image. This image is not a word doc converted into a picture (i.e. like I convert an embedded word doc by right clicking and selecting 'image object', 'covert', and then select to activate as a word doc.) but an actual image as if I inserted a picture. Need to turn the image back into a word doc so I can recover my work. It would also be nice to figure out how I am changing to an image, amost seems like a bug since it has randomly happened twice. ...