XSLT extension object returning a node set

Hi,

I want to write an XSLT extension object that returns a node set.
I intend to use the extension object in a select attribute of a for-each xsl
element.
eg. <xsl:for-each select="myobj:mynodes()">.... </xsl:for-each>

I am currently returning XmlNodeList from my extension object method, but
this method is not being called.  Instead I get the exception "The
expression passed to this method should result in a NodeSet"

Any ideas much appreciated.
Thanks
Martin

0
Martin

Looks like I need XPathNodeIterator

"Martin" <x@y.z> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to write an XSLT extension object that returns a node set.
> I intend to use the extension object in a select attribute of a for-each
> xsl element.
> eg. <xsl:for-each select="myobj:mynodes()">.... </xsl:for-each>
>
> I am currently returning XmlNodeList from my extension object method, but
> this method is not being called.  Instead I get the exception "The
> expression passed to this method should result in a NodeSet"
>
> Any ideas much appreciated.
> Thanks
> Martin

0
Martin
1/16/2005 6:38:23 PM
Do have a look at the source code of EXSLT.NET

In case you don't like the fact that this uses reflection, a more general
idea and its implementation is described here:

  http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/08/06/exslt.html

Although the implementation is for MSXML4, at the time I did implement the
same for .NET.

Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.

"Martin" <x@y.z> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to write an XSLT extension object that returns a node set.
> I intend to use the extension object in a select attribute of a for-each
> xsl element.
> eg. <xsl:for-each select="myobj:mynodes()">.... </xsl:for-each>
>
> I am currently returning XmlNodeList from my extension object method, but
> this method is not being called.  Instead I get the exception "The
> expression passed to this method should result in a NodeSet"
>
> Any ideas much appreciated.
> Thanks
> Martin

0
dnovatchev (74)

Manhattan Men's Tie and Watch Set #CM304167CRDW
Price:$125.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000WS3RSM Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000WS3RSM I bought this set for my husband at christmas. The tie was nice but the watch was cheap, cheap, cheap. It was flimsy and didnt fasten well. It broke the 2nd time it was put on. I have mixed reviews for the combination. The special mad this a good buy. I love the tie. It works for many combinations. As for the watch, it seems cheap. At first, I couldn't get the time to change. After messing with it for a while I got the time to change. The ba...

Just a comment about the .net and xslt transformation classes
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4D78D.326CACC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I just started using the xslt transformations using .net and C#, and now = is the second day trying to figure out the new error messages, messages = like "you are missing evidence" or "xml resolvers", "xpath navigators" = and the list goes on. =20 Yesterday I thought myself in a court room, the compiler was complaining = about the xml evidence, and I didn't have any, I...

setting default calendar permissions
Is it possible in exchange 2003 to set all of my users default calendar permissions to read only? Please refer me to a different group if this is incorrectly submitted. thanks, josh Not without writing your own code or purchasing some such as: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/11/centrally_contr.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Josh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2c4201c48ead$36281760$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible in exchange 2003 to set all of my...

Linking Excel Objects to Word in Office 2007
I'm hoping there is a solution for this issue I'm having. We recently switched our office to office 2007 and a new problem seems to be appearing that wasn't there before. In our office we have an Excel document that is set up with a bunch of calculations, and we have a word document that is also set up to go with the calculations. In the word document we have copied and pasted all the excel calculations into word as linked excel objects. We have both the documents saved in the same folder which acts our template which we can re-use over and over. So when we start ...

How can I set a "page end" point on a large worksheet?
I am a fairly new user to Excel. I have created a worksheet with over 200 lines of data. When I use the "control end" shortcut, I end up way down at the end, if you know what I mean. Is there a way to set the end of my page at the actual end of my data? Thanks. Visit Debra Dalgleish's site to see a way to reset this last used cell: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused kpetefaith wrote: > I am a fairly new user to Excel. I have created a worksheet with over 200 > lines of data. When I use the "control end" shortcut, I end up way down...

Retrieveglobals9.dll
Good day, As the new RetrieveGlobals9.dll doesn't support the userinfo.sql_password method, our code fails when authenticating to the SQL server database. Reading the documentation, I see that the new dll doesn't support sql_password but does support 'return an ADO connection object for the user currently logged into Great Plains.' Does anyone have the syntax for using this feature of new dll? Thank you, Jay Jay, There is a word doc named "RetrieveGlobals9.doc" that should come with the RetrieveGlobals9.dll in the zip file, or you should be able to find ...

insert excel charts as objects
Hi, I insert excel charts into publisher using the insert object command. It allows me to double click on the chart and modify it in excel even though it has been pasted in publisher. I have two problems with this. The first is that I am drastically shrinking the charts and when I try to modify them in excel they often become distorted. The second problem I have is that I would like to shrink the chart before inserting it into publisher. Is there a way to do this while also shrinking the background? Now I just end up with a small chart, but tons of blank space around it that gets inserted a...

IMF settings after SP2
I uninstalled IMF because SP2 has the new version. Now after I am applying SP2 I don't find the IMF settings! I see the settings under the Global Settings, but it is not working. Please help! Michael It's in smtp virtual server properties now. http://www.exchangepediacom/blog/2005/10/exchange-server-2003-sp2-and-imf.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Michael Ho" <someone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eqiX1hxXGHA.3868@TK2MSFTNGP04.ph...

Setting Dates to Speadsheets!?
Hello just a question, How can i make the current date appear in a cell in the spreadsheet so that for any day that I open it..that days date is displayed in the cell? Thanks From John -- Neo1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=518065 Hi john, click on the cell you want the date in and enter =now() this will insert the current date and time. you can edit the way its shown by right clicking on th...

Exchange Sets itself as default ~Urgent
I have a new SBS domain. I am using outside services for web hosting and email... I do not want exchange to send email as I have set up my domain to be mydomain.local. When I configure Outlook I set the pop 3 account to be default. However, if I reboot then Exchange takes over and sets to default. My understanding is that I need exchange for the company web and shared calendars, however, I do not want to use it for email. When Exchange is default then outgoing email is lost in never never land... I do not want to force my users to select which account they are going to send from ever...

std::vector and object errors
I'm using a vector object in my code. (from MyType.h) std::vector<CMyType> m_vMyType; (from MyType.cpp) CString sTemp = "test string"; tjTemp = new CMyType(sTemp); tjTemp->SetLinkLevel(NO_LINK); m_vMyType.push_back(*tjTemp); I'm getting this error on the m_vMyType.push_back(*tjTemp); line: c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\xutility(19) : error C2679: binary '=' : no operator defined which takes a right-hand operand of type 'const class CMyType' (or there is no acceptable conversion) c:\program files\microsoft visual stu...

Advanced Tool Design Model ATD-345 Hook &amp; Pick Set
Price:$8.89 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000OUZA5G Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000OUZA5G This pick set works very well for working with o-rings in hydraulic hose connections. The magnet is also strong enough to pick up metal hardware that is dropped in a difficult to reach location. Contains (1) aluminum handle with magnet for picking up nuts, bolts, screws and other ferrous parts with four screw-in tips: (1) straight tip, (1) hook tip, (1) combination tip and (1) o-ring 90? tip. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Patriots: A Novel of Survival in ...

edit> find save search settings
Hi, each time I am doing a search (edit>find) I need to untick the Match entire cell content box - how can I make excel remember that. Thanks, Mark Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the first search in that session. You can use that to your advantage. You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder. Have a macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you like). Then closes and gets out of the way. Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Worksheets("sheet1").Cells.Find What:="",...

Why is this formula returning "#Name?"?
Hi, I'm using the attached formula across 30+ rows on a number of worksheets in a number of workbooks. On every worksheet the formula returns #Name? in Row 17, but returns the correct value everywhere else. If I open the linked files instead of updating the links the correct value is returned in Row 17 as well. This is obviously time consuming and annoying. Can anyone help? =+IF(('http://mysite.xxxfoods.com.au/personal/rsutherl/NSW_C8/Shared %20Documents/[2_Comm_NSW_C8_09.xls]Summary'!D16)="","0",('http:// mysite.xxxfoods.com.au/personal/rsuther...

how to set balance as correct?
becasue I've been trying Quicken I had to import a month's worth of stuff back into Money and somehow, because many things were already reconciled in Quicken, when I went to balance the acct in money, the numbers got all screwed up. i know the current balance is correct, but the Balance program thinks it's several thousand off. is there any way to just accept the current balance and go forward, and then reengage the balance procedure after another month and have it be correct? Yah. When balancing the account, put in the believed true ending balance. Mark the transactions belie...

Updating OLE objects within table
I would like to update a field set as an OLE object (e.g. picture) within a field. Is this possible to be done in batch, rather than selecting each object manually? ...

Excel 2007: File Extension Warning
I've created a file extension for Excel workbooks and associated the extension with Excel. No problem opening the file with older versions of Excel. With Excel 2007 I get a message stating that the file "is in a different format than specified by the file extension". I can select Yes to open the file, but I'd like to bypass this warning if possible. I tried adding the file's location to the Trusted Sources list, but that didn't affect this warning. Any suggestions? ...

how do I set up a pie chart to show % of same value entries
how can I show a pie chart with % of same value entries in a column eg. values of 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3 I want a chart to show 50% are 1's, 30% are 2's and 20% are 3's Add a heading to the column of numbers, then you could create a pivot table to summarize the data, and create a pie chart from the pivot table results. There are instructions for pivot tables in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has information and links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm In the pivot table, add the number field to the row area, and another copy of the number field to the ...

Linking option buttons and returning data across worksheets
First off, let me explain that although I've found similar questions posted here, I couldn't figure out how to adapt them to fit my my needs. I am currently using 2010 beta which may or may not make this trickier; and the users will be using older versions - at least for now. I have been given a workbook that was made up of worksheets from a few different workbooks. Two of the pages there include a diagram with points along it identified by numbered option buttons. When an option button is selected, the corresponding number is returned in the cell that option button ...

Documentation relating to setting up Push Email for Windows Mobile 5
Where can I find doucumentation for setting up my Exchange server so that it pushes out emails (As per the new feature in SP2 / AKU2)??? In news:1142331531.495172.57970@j52g2000cwj.googlegroups.com, chortler@fetchmail.co.uk <chortler@fetchmail.co.uk> typed: > Where can I find doucumentation for setting up my Exchange server so > that it pushes out emails (As per the new feature in SP2 / AKU2)??? Note that the mobile device must have MSFP installed (and most mfr's haven't yet released the ROM updates that will do this) in order to make push mail work. http://www.micr...

Set investment details
Hi, Please advise me how to set affiliation to capitalization class (small/mid/large cap) for manually added investment, which has no match in moneycentral portal. -- Regards Moneycentral has a "group by capitalization" option so I am not sure what you are asking for. Frank "Developer" <Developer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5297E842-4A93-4BB1-B2C9-6F1EDA18FA21@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Please advise me how to set affiliation to capitalization class > (small/mid/large cap) for manually added investment, which has no match in &g...

Compare 1 cell to column of cells returning adjacent cells info?
I want to compare the value in one cell to another column of cells in another work sheet and once the matching value is found I wan to return a different cells value that is on the same line as the matching cell. Example Sheet 1 value is 34 in B6, so I want it to search Sheet 3 colum J for the value 34 which is found on row 351. When a match is found the value returned needs to be from colum O so this would be O351. Does anybody know how to setup this function? You are describing the VLOOKUP() function =VLOOKUP(B6,'Sheet 3'!$J$1:$0$500,6,0) "Mr. Fine"...

Total Gym Blast Vol. 1&amp;2 Series DVD Set
Price:$65.00 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000PQKKQS Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000PQKKQS Rev 'em up fast and furious. Each of these tough, challenging, progressive workouts is an intense 15-minute muscle isolation superset targeting Abs, Back/Chest, Shoulders, Biceps/Triceps, Buns & Legs. Focus on a different key muscle group each day or through the course of each day. Within a week, you'll get a fun and memorable full body workout. Before you know it, you'll see and feel results. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Total Gym 1700 Clu...

How to set trial?
If some one is selling Excel Add-Ins and offer a trial version, how are they doing that? If I create an Add-In, how to I set it for a trial? Meaning at some point, it locks the person out until they register it. Thanks, Brett You can check the current date of today (using the VBA Date function against a coded date or cell content -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Will hiding and locking the cell with the expire date then password protecting the sheet be enough to keep some one from invalidating the trial? Is there a better way? Thanks, Brett BrianB <<BrianB.14ahwc...

setting up online services #2
I had to reinstall WindowsXP and after reinstalling Money 2006, I have been unable to set up the online services for my credit cards, etc. I wonder if I have a corrupted file on my computer or if there is something wrong with the website connected with this service (Yodlee?). For the past four days, everytime I try to set up online services I get a message that says it's temporary unavailable. Any ideas? Thanks I forgot to add that I've already reset the security in IE to medium-low as per microsoft support help. This didn't do the trick. I still can't setup online s...