xsd.exe error

Hi,

   When I try to compile xsd file with
xsd.exe that comes with Visual Studio.NET 2003
with following command line:

xsd /d /l:"Microsoft.MCpp.MCppCodeProvider,
MCppCodeDomProvider, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a,
Custom=null" /namespace:Schema MyFile.xsd

I get following error:

DataSet doesn't support 'union' or 'list' as simpleType

  Following lines in xsd file are responsible for
the error:

<xs:simpleType name="MyType">
  <xs:union>
    <xs:simpleType>
       <xs:restriction base="xs:decimal"/>
    </xs:simpleType>
    <xs:simpleType>
       <xs:restriction base="xs:token">
	   <xs:enumeration value=""/>
        </xs:restriction>
    </xs:simpleType>
  </xs:union>
</xs:simpleType>

    Can anybody tell me why I get this error and
how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Abhijit

0
Abhijit

Isn't it pretty self explanatory that you are

using an .exe intermediar

extension to get work done

on an xml file.

--------

Pardon my curiosity, but I think your are a dumb.

"Abhijit Thatte" <abhijit_dot_thatte@varian_dot_com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>    When I try to compile xsd file with
> xsd.exe that comes with Visual Studio.NET 2003
> with following command line:
>
> xsd /d /l:"Microsoft.MCpp.MCppCodeProvider,
> MCppCodeDomProvider, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
> PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a,
> Custom=null" /namespace:Schema MyFile.xsd
>
> I get following error:
>
> DataSet doesn't support 'union' or 'list' as simpleType
>
>   Following lines in xsd file are responsible for
> the error:
>
> <xs:simpleType name="MyType">
>   <xs:union>
>     <xs:simpleType>
>        <xs:restriction base="xs:decimal"/>
>     </xs:simpleType>
>     <xs:simpleType>
>        <xs:restriction base="xs:token">
>    <xs:enumeration value=""/>
>         </xs:restriction>
>     </xs:simpleType>
>   </xs:union>
> </xs:simpleType>
>
>     Can anybody tell me why I get this error and
> how to fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Abhijit

0
rleible1 (5)
9/9/2003 7:30:13 AM
maybe use a complex type?

"Abhijit Thatte" <abhijit_dot_thatte@varian_dot_com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>    When I try to compile xsd file with
> xsd.exe that comes with Visual Studio.NET 2003
> with following command line:
>
> xsd /d /l:"Microsoft.MCpp.MCppCodeProvider,
> MCppCodeDomProvider, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
> PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a,
> Custom=null" /namespace:Schema MyFile.xsd
>
> I get following error:
>
> DataSet doesn't support 'union' or 'list' as simpleType
>
>   Following lines in xsd file are responsible for
> the error:
>
> <xs:simpleType name="MyType">
>   <xs:union>
>     <xs:simpleType>
>        <xs:restriction base="xs:decimal"/>
>     </xs:simpleType>
>     <xs:simpleType>
>        <xs:restriction base="xs:token">
>    <xs:enumeration value=""/>
>         </xs:restriction>
>     </xs:simpleType>
>   </xs:union>
> </xs:simpleType>
>
>     Can anybody tell me why I get this error and
> how to fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Abhijit

0
dinoch (54)
9/9/2003 3:01:00 PM
Hi Dino,

    Thank you for your reply. I tried
complexType before posting my query.
Using complexType produces following
error -

The 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:union'
element is not supported in this context.

    Use of union in a simpleType is valid
as per XML syntax. Its just that xsd.exe reports
an error when I try to create a DataSet using
xsd file. If I try to create a class instead of
a DataSet using same file, xsd.exe does not
report any error!

Thank you,
Abhijit

wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>>    When I try to compile xsd file with
>> xsd.exe that comes with Visual Studio.NET 2003
>> with following command line:
>>
>> xsd /d /l:"Microsoft.MCpp.MCppCodeProvider,
>> MCppCodeDomProvider, Version=7.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral,
>> PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a,
>> Custom=null" /namespace:Schema MyFile.xsd
>>
>> I get following error:
>>
>> DataSet doesn't support 'union' or 'list' as simpleType
>>
>>   Following lines in xsd file are responsible for
>> the error:
>>
>> <xs:simpleType name="MyType">
>>   <xs:union>
>>     <xs:simpleType>
>>        <xs:restriction base="xs:decimal"/>
>>     </xs:simpleType>
>>     <xs:simpleType>
>>        <xs:restriction base="xs:token">
>>    <xs:enumeration value=""/>
>>         </xs:restriction>
>>     </xs:simpleType>
>>   </xs:union>
>> </xs:simpleType>
>>
>>     Can anybody tell me why I get this error and
>> how to fix it?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Abhijit
>>

>.

0
Abhijit
9/9/2003 6:09:54 PM
Isn't it pretty self explanatory that
a moron like you doesn't understand
the problem ... a coward like you
is scared to reveal his identity and
a fool like you just passes utterly insane
comments out of sheer stupidiy.

Grow up kid ... if you are smart enough
even to understand what the problem is
.... solve it ... or else keep shut and
suck on your pacifier!

wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>>    When I try to compile xsd file with
>> xsd.exe that comes with Visual Studio.NET 2003
>> with following command line:
>>
>> xsd /d /l:"Microsoft.MCpp.MCppCodeProvider,
>> MCppCodeDomProvider, Version=7.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral,
>> PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a,
>> Custom=null" /namespace:Schema MyFile.xsd
>>
>> I get following error:
>>
>> DataSet doesn't support 'union' or 'list' as simpleType
>>
>>   Following lines in xsd file are responsible for
>> the error:
>>
>> <xs:simpleType name="MyType">
>>   <xs:union>
>>     <xs:simpleType>
>>        <xs:restriction base="xs:decimal"/>
>>     </xs:simpleType>
>>     <xs:simpleType>
>>        <xs:restriction base="xs:token">
>>    <xs:enumeration value=""/>
>>         </xs:restriction>
>>     </xs:simpleType>
>>   </xs:union>
>> </xs:simpleType>
>>
>>     Can anybody tell me why I get this error and
>> how to fix it?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Abhijit
>>

>.

0
Abhijit

FrameworkService.exe @ 90%+ CPU; outlook 02 hangs
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I have no idea when it started, but Outlook 2002 hangs at different moments each time I use it (usually either when I first click on Inbox to check for new messages, or when I try to open a message). I've noticed that my CPU Usage is continuously at 100%. I now also notice that FrameworkService.exe is always the biggest CPU hog on the Processes tab (in Task Mgr), and when Outlook 2002 is open, it's almost constantly above 90 in the CPU column. Anyone else out there as frustrated as I am? That is the McAfee 7.x virusscanner ...

Creation of XSD from XML
Hi Is there an easy way to programmtically create an xsd-schema from an xml file? Reason .... I create slightly different xml documents in my app, based on user data. I would like to create a temporary schema files from those xml documents, in order to use the data in a UI grid. I found the XmlSchema class, but it would be an overkill to create the schema through this class. Thanks for any hints, Urs Urs wrote: > Is there an easy way to programmtically create an xsd-schema from an xml > file? ..NET 2.0 has an InferSchema method of the XmlSchemaInference class in System....

Corrupt hidden object in Inbox prevents Activesync to WM5 with 86000108 error?
I have an Exchange 2003sp2 and a Windows Mobile 5 device (Treo 750w) and I am having trouble synching my Inbox, getting the famous error: "Activesync encountered a problem on this server. Support Code:86000108" Calendar, contacts and tasks are synched without a problem, and when I change the settings to exclude the inbox, I do not recieve an error. After going through quite a few troubleshooting attempts, I think I may have a problem with an object in my Inbox that Activesync is choking on. But, even after emptying the Inbox of all content that I can see, I'm still ...

"can not create " error message
We have been experiencing this error message on terminal server 2003. This is never being a problem on windows 2000 server but since we have upgrade the system this has started. microsoft has give a solution KB 305982. It works but problem reoccurs ever now and then. Please help to resolve this problem ...

Filtered Mode Copying and pasting as value yield as error?
Dear All, While in filtered mode copying cell that consists formula and converting them into values yield as following error. Copy and paste area are not same so error. Is there any code or macro that can convert the cell consisting formula into value. Note:- The cell is in Filtered mode. Please assist? Rgds, Alighak06 I had the same problem and this macro worked for me, Range("------:------").Select Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Select Selection.Copy Range("------").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, O...

UNICODE error
hi all, vc++ 6.0, win xp i am building a project with _UNICODE and UNICODE included in my preprocessor definitions under project setting. however, i got compilation error when i tried to called a function which accepts UNICODE string as parameters: here's my code: ------------------------------------------------------ CString sXslHeader ( _T("xml-stylesheet") ); m_pContHandler->processingInstruction( sXslHeader, wcslen( m_sXslHeader ), sXslHeaderParam.GetBuffer(sXslHeaderParam.GetLength()), ...

Synchronizing Error [8004010F-501-8004010F-0]
When synchronizing Outlook 2003 only when Outlook opens, some users are receiving the following error in their Sync Issues folders: 10:01:56 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 10:01:56 Synchronizing Mailbox 'username' 10:01:56 Synchronizing Hierarchy 10:01:57 Error synchronizing folder 10:01:57 [8004010F-501-8004010F-0] 10:01:57 The client operation failed. 10:01:57 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 10:01:57 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 10:01:57 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f...

404 Error in OWA when accessing calendar items in public folders
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1. We have a front-end/back-end configuration. OWA works well except when attempting to access calendar items in public folders. In personal folders, this is not a problem. The public folder calendar appears correctly; however, opening a particular calendar item results in a 404 error about 2/3 of the time. Sometimes it opens properly. Refreshing the item window repeatedly will eventually bring up the item. This problem is not restricted to a particular user, browser or public folder. Even with full owner permissions on t...

Subscript Out of Range Error
The workbooks and macros used are being created in Excel 2007, but saved in the 97-2003 format. I have a macro that the boss will use to enter employees and place the names, date added, and count (sequential) into a worksheet. It loops in case there is more than one name to be added. NOTE: The boss will be in workbook(QA Master.xls) Once the boss is through entering names, the macro will then loop and create a workbook, copying the Workbook("QA Template.xls") and renaming it with the employee name that was entered. I don't know why, but I am getting the fol...

Stationery error message
I'm using Windows 7 with WLM 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726). When I create a new mail message, I get an error "Unable to create this stationery". The new message window open fine, with no stationery showing. After I send the message, I check the Sent message and it has the stationery I use showing in it. If I send the message to myself, the message also has the stationery I use showing in it. -- The Software Tailor Las Vegas USA ...

Money 2006 error msg when closing
I got a problem which I wish you folks here can point me a direction to get it be repaired: My money 2006 file is approx 60mb now as it first started from money 98. I upgraded the program almost every year (may have skipped either 2001 or 2002, just couldn't for sure). Everything runs fine until today. The problem is that if I was working in the Monthly Report page and wanted to close money program and do the backup (the program is set to backup when it closes), then an error message would immediate pop-up saying that money has encountered an internal problem and needs to close, th...

How can I generate a user friendly error message when validating XML against a schema?
Hello When validating xml against a schema, the most frequent error I get is something like "The 'FOO' attribute has an invalid value according to its data type. An error occurred at , (25, 913)". That error message is not very user friendly, so I'd like to extract the data in the failing node along with its parent node data, and show that to the user. Do you know a way to do this? I don't think there's any other information about the error position than the line number and position. Yes, line number and position is the only information that you have to...

Run-time error 4605
I'm getting the following error when I close a Word form: Run-time error 4605 This method or property is not available because the document is a protected document. Thanks for any suggestions! Are there any macros in the document/(template from which it was created)? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Complibr" <Complibr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9951B6E-9511-405E-...

compiler error on c-code with mfc.
fatal error C1189: #error : WINDOWS.H already included. MFC apps must not #include <windows.h> I have an existing C-based application. I need to add encoder card support to this application. Encoder card Skd is vc++ based. Hence I ported the c-code into VC++. I wrote a class for encoder card (.cpp) and included <afxwin.h>. The class itself compiles fine though when I make a reference of this c++ class in the main (c-code), I get the above error. In the project options, I force a c++ compilation by /TP. If I dont force /TP, I get the following error, fatal error C1189: #error ...

Unhandled Error in CRM V3
Hi, I receive the error "Server Error in'/' Application" when I open CRM in the IE. The left navigation area is visible. The error message appears in the frame in with e.g. the activities are shown. How can I solve this problem? How can I get the source for this problem? Do I have to repair the CRM server? Christian The fact that the left nav area shows up and the error is on the right side indicates the web site isn't talking to the database correctly. What does the rest of the error message say, and what does the screen show if you have dev errors turned off?...

Outlook 2003 error message #9
I just loaded Office Outlook 2003. Operating system XP. When I open it an error message appears. C:\PROGRA~1\HOTBAR\bin\451~1.0\SBOLExt.dll COULD NOT BE INSTALLED OR LOADED I tried detect and repair and that did not help. PLEASE, I need help "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:9BAE4F59-FED8-499B-99DE-6A4A0536423F@microsoft.com... >I just loaded Office Outlook 2003. Operating system XP. When I open it = an=20 > error message appears. > C:\PROGRA~1\HOTBAR\bin\451~1.0\SBOLExt.dll COULD NOT BE INSTALLED OR = LOADED > I tried detect and re...

detouring Notepad.exe ???
Hai experts, Actually my intention was to detour notepad so that I can catch all the events at syelogd. Now I am able change the window caption and message at runtime. when I tried to detour the notepad using traceapi "withdll -d:traceapi.dll notepad.exe" its getting crashed. and is running perfectly with "withdll -d:traceapi.dll cmd.exe". I have selected some functions like setwindowtext, getcurrentprocessid....10 functions.. now its running perfect. My doubt is in the notepad.exe, how to change the caption of "font" dialogbox, how to change caption f...

error opening address book when adding an appointment
I have used Outlook 2000 before but when I loaded it on my new compouter that runs Microsoft Vista I have been unable to add an apointment in the calendar. I always get a message "An error occured when attempting to open the Windows Adress Book. Unable to find the WAB DLL." Excel and Word are working fine. I don't use Outlook for e-mail. And am not trying to link the apointment with anyone else. You are using Outlook 2000 in Internet Only Mode. It is not compatible with Vista. You'll need to run one of the functional versions of Outlook. -- Russ Valentine ...

How to run another .exe program on a button click
I have written a stand alone .exe program the performs some tasks. I then have another program that does something completely different, however in this second program when I press a button on the dialog box, I would like to execute the .exe program so that it can do its thing. How can I do this? Is there a way also for me to pass information from the .exe program to my other dialog based program? As the .exe program is running, I'd like to update my dialog so that the user can see what is happening in real-time. -- _____________________ www.maduckgames.com www.marek-knows.com ...

CHDKSK C: keeps returning error
hi guys running xp pro / sp3 / totally updated a month or so ago, tried to run a chkdsk for C drive; as usual the computer said it would be done at next boot. but I keep getting an error message "checking file system on c: The type of the file system is NTFS Cannot open volume for direct access Windows has finished checking this disk ... first of all, what would cause this? 2nd: why does it keep repeating every bootup? 3rd: how to correct and get CHKDSK running again, or at least to drop the error message? thanks, tZ "Torobi" <mishnu@velo...

Error on server 2003 with EasyPDF
I am getting a random error that stops the pdf program on our server. Has anyone else had this issue? Run-time error ‘91’ object variable or With block variable not set ...

Error Message when closing Outlook XP SP2!
Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.4510.0 ModName: mscorwks.dll ModVer: 1.1.4322.573 Offset: 00052781 I have the error file if someone has a debugger of some sort!! Thanks! It is called appcompat.txt.... Thanks! Joshua Miller ...

Open Recordset error.
Hi, Could anybody look at this simple code and tell me how the g_Rs.Open() can lead to an assertion failure? I put this code in a class function. I have created the data source named Historical_Data... ============================================================================ === CDatabase g_db; // Open a database connection if (!g_db.IsOpen()) { g_db.OpenEx ( "DSN=Historical_Data", 0); CRecordset g_rs(&g_db); g_rs.Open(); g_rs.Close(); } g_db.Close( ); =================================================================...

Trapping specific errors
Hi, I have the code below on a button click. The code itself works fine, however I would like the specific error when a dulicate record is added, to be displayed in a message box with an exclamation point. Whenever I force this error, nothing happens. Can anyone advise what I am doing incorrectly? Any help is always greatly appreciated... Cheers, GLT. Private Sub Command21_Click() On Error GoTo Command21_Click_Err Dim strSQL As String DoCmd.SetWarnings False strSQL = "INSERT INTO tblPermSrvcsIgnore " & _ "( Type, Server, [Service Name...

Getting ' database full' error message trying to save in Publisher
I am getting a pop up error which states 'The disk is full trying to write C: etc etc. Save this file on a different disk and/or drive." My C; drive has plenty of space and when I try to save to a CD, I get an error message as well. This is a trial version of Office which has about 28 days left of a 60-day trial if that makes a difference. Last night I WAS able to save the same document. I am on a deadline and I really need help. Thanks so much Never save directly to removable media. Won't work. What is the exact error message you get when you try to save to the ...